This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 9: Results Show

Topic » Round 9: Results Show

738 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
738 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
Tonight, there is no safe zone. We only have Tops & Bottoms.

I will first announce 3rd-1st.
738 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Kellen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Modern 80’s: Be Sweet by Japanese Breakfast

Jaxon- Oooo, I like this one a lot. As a side note, the music video was super fun so that was a pleasure to watch. But on to the things I am actually judging, the beat was just so great (but what 80s beat isn’t) and I think she has my favorite voice thus far within this category. I also appreciate that this song didn’t feel like it dragged on too long at all, overall, kind of a bop and I liked this song a lot. Great choice! *1/6*

Krystal- Loves this guitar sm. Her vocals pair really well with them, too, and this is very much what I wanted to hear from this week. Like the instrumental is understated but not underutilized and she has a lot of vocal strength that’s used subtly in a way that works so well. Makes me think of some old-school Madonna sounds at times. *3/6*

Deme- The video... I'm obsessed. But oh oh oh, the instrumental here is so fun? And the vocals? 🥰 *4/6*

Josh- *2/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Modern Disco: Roses by Adam Lambert ft. Nile Rodgers

Josh- *2/6*

Krystal- Already hearing the disco sound, which I really like, but I’ll admit the voice trembles a bit too much for my tastes at the start. But I am starting to like it a little the more I hear it since it gives me a bit of Studio Killer vibes. I just can’t quite get into it because of his voice since it’s good, but like… it just feels weak. Like maybe the song wasn’t for him vocally. Or for me vocally. Who knows? *6/6*

Deme- Oh shit, Adam Lambert? Shaking? The instrumental here is super fun. Not... entirely sure I love the vocals here, especially coming from Adam Lambert, but like... it feels very disco! It does! And the chorus goes off. *6/6*

Jaxon- Cackles at Adam Lambert, that American Idol dad… what a funny career he has had. I think that the chorus in this song was really good and catchy and something I’d vibe with, but like the verses were a definite miss for me. Wasn’t a fan of his high vocals, I was not. The beat was super good and catchy tho, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Overall a meh submission but like nothing I disliked extremely enough to form a solid negative opinion on it. *5/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.75. This ranked you sixth in this category.

-
The two scores of 2nd & 6th combined gave you an average of 4. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup metric of all 12 songs ranked together you scored higher at 6.25. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
738 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Alex
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Modern 80’s: Oh No by Softee

Josh- I think this song gave the best vibes of the 80s while also being the best song in this portion of the week. Disco section outsold though *1/6*

Krystal- These vocals are very much giving me the 80s sound, especially for their stuff that was more ballad-y. Jaxon might like that. I do think the instrumental pairs well with her vocals, and I like how she picked it up, but then it just… keeps going up and down, up and down, so it never really has enough of a wow factor for me. *4/6*

Deme- This feels... so 80s. It really does. It's also kind of a bop, so! Looove the vocals here, jesus christ those high notes are a lot- great pick, though. *5/6*

Jaxon- This was probably like the most 80s and iconic beat of this lineup, I really enjoyed the production on this song. I think at times her voice got a wee bit annoying and the song kinda dragged a little bit at parts, but overall, I did enjoy this song. For me, it’s kinda hard to mess up the 80s at such a detrimental level, so I didn’t dislike it, I just don’t see it being a top song from me. *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Modern Disco: Poster Girl by Zara Larsson

Jaxon- I’ve been meaning to look into more Zara, so like this is exciting. Her vibe is undeniable and extremely catchy and there is something about her vocals that are just so intoxicating to me, I can’t get enough of them. I really enjoyed this song- like a lot a lot. It will probably be going on my playlist and I think you more than hit the mark with this song. *1/6*

Krystal- I really like her singing voice, like it’s super nice and fun to listen to, but the instrumental is a little lacking until the chorus which is a shame. I do love the instrumental in the chorus paired with her vocals, though. It’s nice and sweet. *3/6*

Deme- Loooove the vocals here, and the instrumental during the chorus and after the first bit is just super fun. Great pick. *2/6*

Josh- I love this album and I totally understand why you would pick this song. Fits very well. Lovely. I wanna say I used a Zara theme last season? If not def in another song game I did. *1/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75. This ranked you first in this category.

-
The two scores of 3rd & 1st combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
738 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner this round is...
Ali
Modern 80’s: A Kiss by The Driver Era

Deme- I never ever ever expected to see this song posted here so, like... 🥰 immediate #1! It's such a bop, the instrumental is so fun, the vocals are so fun, it's such a bop? It's such a bop? Loves it sm? *1/6*

Josh- *4/6*

Jaxon- So like, if a man were to be posted for me to listen to, this is along the lines of what I’d hope to hear. I liked this song, I really don’t have any complains with it. I think the production was done well, I think his voice sounded really nice, I think the song was catchy. The only thing that can keep it from being my top would just be if another song later on did the 80s more to my taste, but as it be right now, this is easily my favorite so far. *2/6*

Krystal- Kind of obsessed with The Driver Era’s sound right now, and this song is one I’m guessing Deme and I will both rate high since she introduced me to it! I really loved the 80s vibes when I first found it, especially since the instrumental and vocals pair so well together. He just has complete control over the song. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you first in this category.

-
Modern Disco: Blondes by Blue DeTiger

Deme- Okay, love this? The vocals are so good, they work so well with the instrumental - it's a great pick all around. *1/6*

Josh- *4/6*

Jaxon- This was a really fun song, and I think a song where having a more breathy/whispery/talky type of singing worked really well. Yeah, I really enjoyed this one, I don’t really have any complaints and I think that this is another song that will go on my playlist. I think this is a strong contender to being my #1, and it will be a close battle that just leads down to which song is more to my personal taste. Great choice! *2/6*

Krystal- I liked the sound at the start, and then the way the voice came in paired with the instrumental was absolutely giving me some disco vibes. And like the lyrics and the way she handles them is just so good, like it’s giving the best of both modern sounds and disco sounds which is excellently done. I think you’ve really been killing it this round. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you second in this category.

-
The two ranks of 1st & 2nd gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you FIRST overall thus round. Congratulations on your round win.
738 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
James... Sandy... Krista...

You three make up our bottom three tonight.
738 days 18 hours ago
Snails
Yasss Ali
738 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
However, one of you has escaped facing the bottom 2.

That person is...
In 4th we have... Krista
Modern 80’s: MAMMAMIA by Maneskin

Krystal- I really liked how that song started. It made me laugh. The vocals here are really good, like I love the way she’s making it sound, all aggressive and working super well paired with the guitar. There’s a lot of rawness behind it, and I’m overall super impressed. Like it’s definitely giving me some 80s rock energy, especially when she keeps repeating the title. The male vocals aren’t as good, but when he gets into the chorus, I’m really with it. Just the right whine, too. *2/6*

Jaxon- I enjoyed the rock vibes, and the switch-up in beat this song had compared to the rest. Because it is different, it definitely stands out. With that being said, his voice wasn’t my favorite. I wanted to like this song a lot, but the vocals just aren’t clicking with me. I don’t think it is my least favorite this round, but it is not in contention for my favorite. *4/6*

Josh- his voice was really annoying to me. I get your perspective but I don't like it. *6/6*

Deme- ...Okay yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with this? The vocals, the instrumental, the just... everything? Everything? Bop. *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. This ranked you fourth in this category.

-
Modern Disco: Blinding Lights by The Weeknd

Krystal- Oh, I know this song! Honestly, it’s super catchy and I love the singing voice paired with the instrumental, all soft and smooth. He has total control over the energy of the song, and he does the whisper-y voice so well. Like this song just has a lot of good parts that fit together. *2/6*

Josh- *5/6*

Jaxon- I am just not a fan of The Weeknd. This is a repetitive thing I have to say every season but oh whale. I don’t think this song will rank poorly overall from everyone, but for me this is an artist I don’t really vibe with and a song that I’ve heard more times than I would have liked to within my lifetime. She’s a miss for me, but good luck babes <3. *6/6*

Deme- ...Honestly I always thought this song was more 80s than 70s, so maybe I just don't know music eras 💖. Love this bop, instrumental really goes off, yeah! Great pick! *4/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.25. This ranked you fourth in this category.

-
The two ranks of 4th & 4th gave you an average of 4. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all 12 songs together you scored lower at 7.87. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round.
738 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
James... Sandy...

The person being eliminated tonight is...
In 6th we have... Sandy
Modern 80’s: Number One Fan by MUNA

Deme- Kind of obsessed with the vibe of this one... love the instrumental, love how it all works together, very 80s! Great pick. *2/6*

Jaxon- So like, everything about this song (except one thing) I really adored, like truly a lot. The lyrics were iconic, the beat was so good, just everything I found truly iconic. My one drawback, is the vocals on this one. It was extremely monotone & autotuney- and at the same time it just didn’t quite work for the the way I’m wanting this song to work for me. A solid entry, but it won’t be my favorite this round. *5/6*

Krystal- I like this voice, but I do think the instrumental paired with it doesn’t mesh that well for the sound. Like her voice just doesn’t seem to fit what the instrumental is trying to do for the longest time, so it feels like two different songs are playing at once and it really distracts me. But I do love the instrumental more than the vocals, not gonna lie, so I’m digging that much. *6/6*

Josh- *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4. This ranked you fifth in this category.

-
Modern Disco: Heart To Break by Kim Petras

Jaxon- Okay, and after seven seasons both of the Kim songs that I like have been posted. For future reference contestants, good luck using Kim with my ranks. Heart To Break is undeniably catchy tho, and I think it is one of her best songs she has put out. I know this song is very popular among the judges overall, so I think she will place well overall. A solid choice and I think it will place fine. *3/6*

Deme- Love love love Kim Petras, and love this bop. Instrumental especially goes off here, so... bop! *5/6*

Josh- just didn't feel Disco to me tbh. Sad to see you flop this theme. *6/6*

Krystal- Love this song to bits, obviously. And I know most of us love Kim Petras. This song definitely has vocals that pair super well with the instrumental, and I love it quite a lot because she shows quite a lot of strength in her voice throughout the song. And Kim Petras calls back to sounds from past eras quite a lot, so it’s always a part of her appeal. *4/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This ranked you fifth in this category.

-
The two ranks of 5th & 5th gave you an average of 5. This ranked you SIXTH overall. Unfortunately, this does mean you have been officially eliminated from Back To Basics. You entered this competition with a bang, but unfortunately even the brightest stars have a bad week.
738 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 5th we have... James
Modern 80’s: In My Arms by Purple Disco Machine

Krystal- This instrumental is really fun to listen to and I’m enjoying it a lot! The vocals are nice, but I do think they are a little too high-pitched in a way that isn’t as appealing when paired with it. Overall, a decent song but the vibes are a little closer to 70s than 80s for me. *5/6*

Deme- Kind of obsessed with the instrumental here? And also whatever the hell this video is, but anyways- the song. Kind of a bop? It's a vibe? *6/6*

Jaxon- I was excited when I saw PDM, and the beat was killer with the song like they usually produce. That’s about where my positive remarks end… because did she say more than the same one or two lines over and over?? That and her voice wasn’t my favorite in the world. It was kinda wayyyyyyy too clubby for my liking and for me this song was a total miss. Sorry babes. *6/6*

Josh- *5/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This ranked you sixth in this category.

-
Modern Disco: Hallucinate by Dua lipa

Josh- *3/6*

Jaxon- Future Nostalgia is just one of those all time great, S tier albums, that will forever land in just the timeless bop category. Hallucinate is a solid track from the album, but it definitely isn’t a standout for me. It’s super catchy and an iconic song, so like unless everything else in this category slays me away it will probably be a mid ranked song from me. *4/6*

Krystal- Not one of my absolute favorites by Dua Lipa, but I do get how it has some modern disco vibes to it. Her voice is really pleasant to listen to, especially in the chorus, and the instrumental and voice mesh well. *5/6*

Deme-  ...Oh I kind of love this, actually? Dua Lipa go off? Love the vocals, love the instrumental, love it all. *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 6th & 3rd gave you an average of 4.5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
738 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
Modern 80s:
1. Be Sweet
2. A Kiss
3. Oh No
4. MammaMia
5. Number One Fan
6. In My Arms

Modern Disco:
1. Poster Girl
2. Blondes
3. Heart To Break
4. Hallucinate
5. Roses
6. Blinding Lights

-
Krystal:
Modern 80’s:
1. A Kiss
2. MAMMAMIA
3. Be Sweet
4. Oh No
5. In My Arms
6. Number One Fan

Modern Disco:
1. Blondes
2. Blinding Lights
3. Poster Girl
4. Heart To Break
5. Hallucinate
6. ROSES

-
Deme:
Modern 80’s:
1. A Kiss
2. Number One Fan
3. MAMMAMIA
4. Be Sweet
5. Oh No
6. In My Arms

Modern Disco:
1. Blondes
2. Poster Girl
3. Hallucinate
4. Blinding Lights
5. Heart To Break
6. ROSES

-
Josh:
Modern 80’s:
1. Oh No
2. Be Sweet
3. Number One Fan
4. A Kiss
5. In My Arms
6. Mammamia

Modern Disco:
1. Poster Girl
2. Roses
3. Hallucinate
4. Blondes
5. Blinding Lights
6. Heart To Break

-
Modern 80’s Overall:
1. A Kiss (2)
2. Be Sweet (2.5)
3. Oh No (3.25)
4. Mammamia (3.75)
5. Number One Fan (4)
6. In My Arms (5.5)

Modern Disco Overall:
1. Poster Girl (1.75)
2. Blondes (2)
3. Hallucinate (3.75)
4. Blinding Lights (4.25)
5. Heart To Break (4.5)
6. Roses (4.75)

-
Contestant Overall:
1. Ali (1 + 2 = 3 / 2 = 1.5)
2. Alex (3 + 1 = 4 / 2 = 2)
3. Kellen (2 + 6 = 8 / 2 = 4) (6.25)
4. Krista (4 + 4 = 8 / 2 = 4) (7.87)
5. James (6 + 3 = 9 / 2 = 4.5)
6. Sandy (5 + 5 = 10 / 2 = 5)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!