This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 3: Results Show

Topic » Round 3: Results Show

751 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
751 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
If I call your name, please step forward...
Ali
James
Jess
Alex
Josh
You five make up our safe zone tonight.

Everyone else, you represent our tops and bottoms.
751 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Alex with Skyfall by Adele
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- I mean I get it, it's simple, it's easy. So many people tried to think outside of the box for this theme when there are so many good songs that would of fit within the box of creativity.  *3/11*

Krystal- I’m not a massive Adele fan despite her beautiful voice because most of her songs start to get overused to the point I don’t really want to listen to them anymore. This song is fine, and her vocals are great with the instrumental, but it feels like the song is missing a spark. Even when the chorus hits, I don’t feel connected to the song *10/11*

Jaxon- So like, kinda a predictable-ish choice for this theme with the song holding no real emotional attachment for me, but like I know you struggled with this one. Adele has a beautiful voice to listen to, so like that is always a plus. I can’t say this is my absolute favorite of the round, but it definitely did what a lot of other songs did, just better due to a likely much higher production value. That paired with more than a couple lackluster songs for me, I see this one being on the higher end of my ranks… just not the very very top <3. *5/11*

Deme- I'm honestly surprised how fitting this ended up being? I saw it and I went... no, there's no way in hell someone sent Adele's James Bond song for this theme, but... here we are. And it works! It's fitting, and her voice is obviously gorgeous. *4/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round.
751 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Josh with Ghosttown by Madonna
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- well, I think this song was a pretty good representation of the theme. Like another song this week I do think it could of been one of the top hitters of the week if it was a bit shorter of a song, but I don't think it's the worst offense. *4/11*

Krystal- Madonna???? In my apocalypse??? A little excited, not gonna lie. This is clearly apocalyptic already, no need for explanation. The vocals are decent to me, nothing particularly impressive, but I do like the way it works with the instrumental and how she puts the emotion into the lyrics in a way that flows really well. This song is pretty middle ground to me, though the chorus definitely amps it up a little and I do like that. *6/11*

Deme- Madonna? Here?! And it's a song that fits the theme? I was literally... never expecting this. It's a bop, it is.  *9/11*

Jaxon- LMAO something about 2015 Madonna is so iconic and funny to me. There was one or two particular line(s) where the autotune really just sounded so bad, like she should have done a retake with her. But other than that, this song was honestly a bop. Madonna really came to slay with this one, and she still has it (or at least did in 2015) to make a good song. All in all, this was one of the better songs of the round for me. Good choice :). *4/11*

The four scores combined, plus an additional pre-average penalty point, gave you an average of 6. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Ali with Tonight by Alice Charter
Jaxon- Mom produced a bop she did. I think the approach you took to this theme was UNIQUE and you were the first to do so, so props to that. Overall, this song was really fun to listen to :). At some points she sounded a bit weird, when she was saying “_____ and let it go” but other than that minor thing I really liked everything else about this song. For me it is definitely an improvement from your last round submission! *2/11*

Josh- This song was very non-offensive, but also non-memorable. I kept getting busy while trying to listen to the songs to rank over the last couple days so I had to start over and I couldn't for the life of me remember how this song went at all after listening to it 3 times and probably will forget how it goes by time these ranks come out *9/11*

Krystal- I like a song by Alice Chater. Can’t remember the name of it, though. Her voice is really poppy and cute, which doesn’t seem very apocalypse-y to me, but the lyrics work, and you gave an explanation, so… there’s that. I just feel like romance isn’t gonna be my first thought if the world’s ending. Mostly because I’ll probably die. Overall, the song was fun and cute though! *7/11*

Deme- ...Well, I can definitely say I wasn't expecting a song like this this week. I can't deny it goes off? And fits the theme lyrically? *7/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.25. This ranked you SIXTH overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Jess with Crash by Charlie XCX
Krystal- This song has a very fun energy to it and was one of my favorites from the new Charli XCX album for sure. I don’t really understand the relation to apocalypse here as described, but in the lyrics that weren’t mentioned, I can see it. There are a lot of lyrics that seem to be about everything coming to an end. Overall, I love the synth and her voice and the way the instrumental meshes. *5/11*

Deme- ...Okay. so the issue here is that I love love LOVE this song, but I don't... know if it fits the theme very well...? I can definitely see it, but comparing it to some of the others this week I'm like... shrugs. Shrugs a lot. It's a bop, though! *6/11*

Jaxon- Hm, hope you can keep this a secret for me (don’t tell peace123…) but miss XCX’s music never really did it for me. Her singing was a wee bit annoying for me in this song, it just doesn’t appeal to me that much, it was a little too choppy. I’m glad this isn’t Boom Clap and it’s a song that I can only guess is lesser known, and I appreciate the risk with a bigger name artist. I don’t know how the other judges feel about her tbh, but for me this didn’t really hit the mark as a song I’d vibe with :(. *10/11*

Josh- So whatever you said to describe this song and why you picked it was meh. I thought it was funnier to picture this song in the point of view of an asteroid coming to crash into earth and wipe us all out. *6/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.75. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... James with Die Together by Amanda Tenfjord
Krystal- This song is once again about romance, which I’m meh on, but there is definitely an energy here that feels somewhat more apocalyptic because the song drags in a way that feels eerie at times. And when the vocals get very loud, it’s pretty emotional in a way that feels that way too. *4/11*

Deme- ...Alright. So. I can see what you went for here. And I really like her voice. I just, like... don't really vibe with this one? I'm sure the other judges will love it, though, so there's that...! *11/11*

Josh- Do I understand your point of view? Yes. Do I see that same point of view for myself. No. It's sad, it's somber, talking about you know... dying together. But i don't think they warrants "end *8/11*

Jaxon- So for me, this song is very similar to a couple others in my critique. The song had a very slow start for me, her singing pace felt a little bit off for me and odd to listen to, but then about halfway through the song picks up and turns into something new and a whole lot better. The buildup is satisfying, but I think it could have been done a wee bit better. All in all, this is your best submission yet in my opinion, but there is still room to grow more. *6/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Max with I Know The End by Phoebe Bridgers
Deme-  Okay, wow, love her voice. I really didn't think I'd like this one from the start, but like... no, this is good? It's really good? Her voice is beautiful, and I absolutely love the instrumental - it really builds up, and I can definitely feel the apocalypse vibes here. *2/11*

Jaxon- For starters, her voice is really gorgeous and I loved listening to it. I’m REALLY glad that the song started to pick up after the 2 minute mark, because she was treading on boring territory before then… but then the buildup of the beat and getting into a more upbeat production really was magical to listen through. My one complaint would be I wished it happened just a wee bit earlier, but other than that this was another really good submission! *3/11*

Josh- This song was entirely too long for what it was giving. Would of been better if they trimmed like a minute and a half out. There was no need for this to be nearly 6 minutes long. That being said if we have the slow somber intro and the wild ending it's a great fit for the week. There is just so much fat in the middle *7/11*

Krystal- This is a beautiful singing voice, but it sounds like she’s mumbling through the lyrics which makes it hard to understand what she’s saying for at least the first minute. But I do get this alone, scared feeling from it that fits an apocalypse. *3/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Kellen with As The World Caves In by Matt Maltese
Josh- Finally a good song lol. This is like.. the best song I've listened to yet this week. Is this song really good? Who knows. It's just lightyears better than what I've placed lower than it. *1/11*

Jaxon- Mood, I do not remember the cover of this song that was posted, lemme go skim through her a bit. Okay, honestly, Sarah Cothran kind of outsold this man like whole heartedly. In this version, the chorus really outsold the verses in this song, like 100%. The verses were god awful to get through, and then the chorus kinda slayed me sm. It was a really odd extreme to go back and forth between. Honestly, this song was a wee bit boring to listen to as a whole? Like I wouldn’t play it again, and tbh kinda glad you have immunity because I’m not so certain of where this will land overall. *8/11*

Deme- This!! This!! I thought I'd absolutely hate it, but like... no, I love this? It's super fitting, and from the chorus onwards... yes. Just... yes. Great pick, honestly. *3/11*

Krystal- Yes, this is exactly what I wanted from an apocalyptic song! The voice is eerie and creepy at times, and the instrumental meshes so well with his voice in raising it up into a dark sound. Overall, it just really has apocalyptic vibes. *2/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner of apocalypse week is...
In 1st we have... Scotty with Wolves by Sam Tinnesz ft. Silverberg
Jaxon- The really dark and rocky vibes this song held was very refreshing for me to listen to. I really enjoyed the vibe this song had, and the hazy effect his vocals had at some points were really great to listen to. I was a bit worried seeing the thumbnail, but this song truly kinda slayed me away and impressed me this round. This was another good submission on your end, and I foresee it being received pretty well by the judges.  *1/11*

Josh- I get angst, I get anger, I get rioting, I get like a man made apocalypse through this song. It was a wise pick, and like you said, so many people went for the same route and your pick was a highlight this week. *2/11*

Krystal- This song already has a lively energy to it that I love. I do think it’s got the apocalypse vibes to it, with lyrics about running and fighting and all that. It gives me reminders of The Walking Dead game because the TV show looks about as interesting to me as sticking knives in my eyes. So overall it definitely works well to me! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/11*

Deme- ...Thank you 🥺. I had Expectations™ going into this week, and this is about the only song that really fit what I thought was gonna happen this week. I think it's super fitting, and it's also just... a bop? I love the instrumental, I love the vocals, I love the lyrics - yes. Yes yes yes. *1/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.25. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on your round win, and earning immunity for round four!
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Sandy... Amber... Krista...

You three make up our bottom three this round.

The person who just narrowly escaped the bottom 2 is...
Krista: I See Fire by Ed Sheeran
Jaxon- Oh… I’m praying for you this round hun. If I had to guess, I don’t think anyone on this judging panel likes Ed Sheeran (maybe its just me??) but I could see the potential in Deme being an Ed stan. This isn’t a music video competition, so like it is besides the point, but this MV truly triggered me to the fact I had to watch and suffer through Lord Of The Rings. This song itself was just….. really boring for me to listen to. His voice doesn’t really do anything for me, and the way the beat was set up, this song was kinda dependent on the vocals. Anyways, prays sm for you… *9/11*

Josh- My ranking says enough for this song. The end. *10/11*

Krystal- I can’t fucking stand Ed Sheeran. This song has Hobbit vibes to it, which is decent, but I think hearing this dude sing it kind of ruins it for me. But it’s apocalyptic, and it has this sort of sadness to it that works well in that type of setting. But I’m gonna say straight up it’s not raw enough for what it’s going for, and being so polished as it is ruins the energy. *9/11*

Deme- ...Okay so I really need you guys to stop sending in Ed Sheeran songs because I, like, can't be caught liking his songs so often? But I'm pretty sure this one's hiding in my Spotify likes so, like... 🤷🏻‍♀️. It's a bop. And I never would've imagined it for this theme, but like... no, I see it!  *5/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This ranked you NINTH overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Sandy... Amber...

The person being eliminated this round is...
Amber with If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe ft. Julia Michaels
Jaxon- It’s a shame I had to wait halfway through the song to hear her, because Miss Julia truly carried this song on her back. His singing(?) kinda bothered me because it felt like he couldn’t decide if he wanted to sing/sing talk/rap, idk it wasn’t great for me. Like overall, the song wasn’t bad, it definitely was done well overall. I am a sucker for male + female vocals together, so that was a pro. I’m not really sure where this will land overall, it definitely depends on the other songs posted. *7/11*

Josh- Okay, I get it. You are sitting here wondering "why the hell if this song so low, it'd a major hit, it talks about the world ending" you're right. I had to really sit down with myself and think hard about how to rank this. This song pulls up a lot of bad and negative emotion and there is a longer story to this that I'm not gonna go into. If we are ranking the songs to the themes to how we like them and how much we would want to hear them again, then I can go my life without ever hearing this song again. I know for fact the other judges will rank this song higher in the list so I wouldn't worry too much, but just on a personal level I can't put this song high/higher. *11/11*

Krystal- This seems to be a similar concept to what Ali sent, and I wasn’t exactly fond of that considering the end of the world isn’t really romantic to me. He has a decent singing voice and the piano suits it, but it just doesn’t seem to be giving me anything more. It feels like this is a song that settles. *11/11*

Deme- You... are very lucky I've heard this song on the radio just enough times that I don't hate it anymore, but I'm also not completely sick of it. Obviously it fits the theme, I'm just... not really a fan of the whole "If the world was ending you'd totally come over to spend our last minutes alive together, right?? Even if we weren't meant for each other?? 🥺" angle this song takes. I don't hate it, though! So! *8/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 9.25. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall this round. Unfortunately, this does mean you have been eliminated from Back To Basics. However, we look forward to seeing you in the returnee round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 10th we have... Sandy with Red Light by SM
Josh- This song could of been ranked wildly different if this was any other week. I just think there was so much of the same that this stood out and made a bigger impression than most of the songs. Like idk wtf they are saying but the melody and energy of the music video gives apocalypse. *5/11*

Jaxon- Yeah, hun, this just wasn’t for ME. I’m glad you stan these queenies, but there is just way too much going on in this song for me. I loved the cat noises in the song, that was a huge plus… but other than that, kinda just nothing I’d ever listen to again. I’m not the only judge on this panel, so I wish you the best of luck, but I think my rank should be of 0 surprise to you </3. I’ve loved your other songs so far so like I hope this isn’t your kiss of death. *11/11*

Deme- Definitely wasn't expecting to see K-pop this week - but this is definitely catchy? And I can definitely... see what you were going for? With the instrumental? And literally any other week I'd rank this higher, but as much as a bop this is, I don't know if it really... fits the theme...? 👉👈 *10/11*

Krystal- I have no clue what to expect here with apocalyptic kpop. The song’s definitely enjoyable, and I like the chorus quite a lot, but I’m straining to see much apocalyptic to it besides when they sometimes wear outfits that make them look like they’re pretending to be in the military or starring in Nier Automata. *8/11*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.5. This ranked you TENTH overall this round.
751 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Wolves
2. Tonight
3. I Know The End
4. Ghosttown
5. Skyfall
6. Die Together
7. If The World Was Ending
8. As The World Caves In
9. I See Fire
10. Crash
11. Red Light

Josh:
1. As The World Caves In
2. Wolves
3. Skyfall
4. Ghost Town
5. Red Light
6. Crash
7. I Know The End
8. Die Together
9. Tonight
10. I See Fire
11. If The World Was Ending

Krystal:
1. Wolves
2. As The World Caves In
3. I Know The End
4. Die Together
5. Crash
6. Ghosttown
7. Tonight
8. Red Light
9. I See Fire
10. Skyfall
11. If The World Was Ending

Deme:
1. Wolves
2. I Know The End
3. As The World Caves In
4. Skyfall
5. I See Fire
6. Crash
7. Tonight
8. If The World Was Ending
9. Ghosttown
10. Red Light
11. Die Together

Overall:
1. Wolves (1.25)
2. As The World Caves In (3.5)
3. I Know The End (3.75)
4. Skyfall (5.5)
5. Ghosttown (6) *+ 1 penalty poiny
6. Tonight (6.25)
7. Crash (6.75)
8. Die Together (7.25)
9. I See Fire (8.25)
10. Red Light (8.5)
11. If The World Was Ending (9.25)
751 days 2 hours ago
hobo232
Damn y’all got awful Music taste lol take care and good luck to everyone else.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!