This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Results Show

Topic » Round 1: Results Show

758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
If I call your name, please step forward...
Max
Andy
Jess
Josh
Alex
Krista

You six make up our top three and bottom three of the round.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
I will now announce 4th-10th
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Ali with What A Shame by Leyla Blue
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- Honestly i wasn't seeing it for the first maybe like 20 seconds but then it all came to me. I can totally see this for Sharpay, being all pissed at Troy for constantly choosing Gabriella instead of her and her just being over it. "I just don't understand why guys want something bland over someone whose got everything" like, drag her. Insert a turning chair gif here. *1/13*

Krystal- I do like this really subtle instrumental paired with her vocals. This song reminds me of some other singer and what they do, but I can’t put my finger on who it is. I really started getting into the chorus, especially this slight distortion they put around her voice. I just feel like it drops a lot after that, so I’d rather just listen to the chorus and her saying “What the FUCK?” on a loop and nothing else. *8/13*

Deme- I love love looove the vocals here, wow? And I can definitely see how this ties into Sharpay as a character - fucking Troy and Gabriella, dude. Smh. *8/13*

Jaxon- Oh, who is she??? Like this song had no right being as iconic as it was. The melody was just intoxicatingly good, especially the chorus. The verses were just a tinnnnnny bit weak because it definitely leaned more into the sing talking over singing, but overall really good and catchy. I definitely foresee this being near (if not the) the top of my ranks. It fits the theme really well with kind of a unique approach compared to the rest, and the song itself was a banger. Great choice! *1/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Sandy with My Crown by XoBrooklynne
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- I've never actually heard this one before, but wow - I kind of love it? I looooove her voice, and honestly, this is just... so incredibly Sharpay. Great pick. *2/13*

Josh- This song really fits the theme of this week. If High School Musical was remade with new songs for a Gen Z influencer obsessed generation, this completely gives me something Sharpay would be singing throughout the hallways. That being said, the weak points of this were simply the singer. This song feels kind of cheap at some points and lacks overall finished quality. It feels more like it should be a rough draft or demo. *7/13*

Krystal- This is another song with a really pop, bubbly song, but to me, this is almost a little too sweet and something about what’s being done to her vocals annoys me a bit. It feels like her vocals are too soft, especially against the instrumental, but overall I enjoyed it even if it sounds very maybe I can put this in my likes Spotify recommendation. *7/13*

Jaxon- LMAO this song is kind of so iconic?? Like she truly is a banger and kinda so funny. It does scream Sharpay Evans, and I truly respect this. I will say at times in this song the singers vocals seemed kinda weak and that was kinda meh and the production needed a bit more polishing, but like overall respect for posting this girl I’ve never heard of before and it being a slay. I liked this choice a lot. *3/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.75. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Kellen with Material Girl by Madonna
Krystal- Can this dude shut the fuck up? Let Madonna sing. 🙄 Ugh. There’s that annoying, whiny voice again that just hits right if it’s the right singer. I’m definitely a material girl living in a material world because I listened to this song endlessly as a kid and it absolutely kicks ass even now. Like the instrumental’s fun. Her little bird giggle sounds are fun. This is the type of song I’d visualize with Sharpay on a trip at the mall to win back Troy with a new wardrobe, only for that worthless loser to spill his drink all down her hot pink dress. Anyway, take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/13*

Jaxon- 80s Madonna truly is the best version of Madonna. This isn’t like a S+ tier Madonna song for me, but I will say it is the one that fits miss Sharpay the best. The 80s is a great era for music, and this song definitely reflect that. Once again, she is a bit of a safe and basic choice, but like I like this song well enough, and I think it will do it’s job and easily get you into round 2 unbothered. She will land right in the middle for my ranks! *8/13*

Josh- It's okay I guess. I think it was a decent choice, this song never has fully popped for me and I think you'll get through this round but I hope to see more thought and energy put into your song choice. *10/13*

Deme- I wasn't expecting to see Material Girl this round but like... yes? Yes? Thank god? It's such a good song? My absolute favourite Madonna bop, cannot be beaten, and I can definitely feel the Sharpay vibes here. Great pick. *5/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th/8th we had a tie between... Scotty & Sean

-
Scotty with Applause by Lady Gaga

Josh- Great choice, it shows the constant validation from others that she seeks for her work in the theater world. I think the song is totally something that sharpay would listen to and completely relate to in her world. *3/13*

Krystal- This Lady Gaga song really hits well with those show-y types of personalities like Sharpay. I wouldn’t say it’s up there with her older music like The Fame, but it’s still definitely enjoyable to listen to with the way she amps the song up and the beat gets louder and louder til her voice gets loud. It’s an experience for sure. *9/13*

Jaxon- I do love Miss Gaga, tho this isn’t one of her standout tracks for me. I don’t really see this song being at risk of going home at all, but it definitely was kind of just an average safe choice for me. It’s a solid Gaga song that will get you into round 2 easily, but as for being a rank topper it just wasn’t the Gaga song that would have done it for me. All in all, I like this song and she is still a serve at the end of the day. *9/13*

Deme- This is so Sharpay, honestly? Yes she DOES live for the applause, she's a theater kid, hello? Hello??? Lady Gaga's songs always go off, and Applause is no different. Great pick. *9/13*

The four scores gave you an average of 7.5. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked in 2-2 vote. This ranked you SEVENTH/EIGHTH overall.

-
Sean with Glamorous by Fergie ft. Ludacris

Jaxon- This was definitely a song I had to double check because I was surprised it hadn’t been used yet? Regardless, Fergie is a forever icon and whenever I play GTA5 and my gay ass turns the station in the car to the pop… this is one of the few songs I look forward to coming on every time. And it makes total sense, Sharpay Evans truly is G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S and lives a glamorous lifestyle. She is a wee bit basic, but like an approved basic. *5/13*

Josh- So let me start by saying I absolutely adore the song I think it's one of fergie's best works and I know every single word to it.  With that said, something about it just isn't clicking for me this week I do the week I do see the essence of the character in the song but I don't think it's fully reaching the potential it could.When being stacked up against all the other songs that I feel described the character perfectly this one is just somewhere middling to me. *8/13*

Krystal- I’m just thinking of the Fergie cartwheels video tbh. This song is one of the songs I used in a music video for one of the seasons as a fun fact! Her voice is smooth and enjoyable and it’s overall glamorous. But I’ll admit I like other Fergie songs better. *10/13*

Deme- Oh. Oh my god. Glamorous? Glamorous in the year 2022? I loooove it, I do. Bop all around, and super fitting for this theme - great pick. *7/13*

The four scores gave you an average of 7.5. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked in 2-2 vote. This ranked you SEVENTH/EIGHTH overall.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we had... James with All I Hear by ALYSSA
Krystal- I do really like the instrumental, and there is something a little chaotic about it mixed with the vocals that I’m starting to get into, especially with her nasally, kind of annoying Fran Drescher voice. And hell yeah, I fucking love all this instrumental that’s just really all over the place and weird at times. This was honestly shockingly good considering my first thoughts. *4/13*

Deme- Okay, yeah, immediately getting Sharpay vibes from this! The lyrics are so fitting. I also really like the instrumental here, and the way she sings that "la la la la la la" bit... damn? The only issue I have is that some parts of it feel a bit disjointed from each other, but it's not super noticeable, sooo... great pick! *10/13*

Jaxon- The verse was verrrrry promising with this song, and then the chorus was just a bit of a let down. A bit too EDM-y for my liking. But this song fits the theme very well, it gives off major bad bitch energy and I love her and that about this song. But yeah, this probably won’t be TOO big of a surprise for you that the weak parts of this song are… pretty weak for ME specifically. I don’t think it is the worst I’ve heard, but she is far from the best. *12/13*

Josh- I struggled with where to put this one but I think right here is a fine placement. It gives that Sharpay Evans bad bitch attitude. The words play perfectly into her character. It sounds like something she would love. It isn't necessarily my favorite personal song of the bunch of the week, but it works well for what was asked. *6/13*

The four scores gave you an average of 8. This ranked you NINTH overall this round.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we had... Amber with Fabulous by Ally Brooke
Krystal- I like how this song doesn’t bother to fuck around and gets right into the music. The instrumental is really enjoyable, and I like it quite a lot paired off with her vocals, especially since they seem to mesh really well. And I can’t deny a song called Fabulous does fit Sharpay quite a lot, even if this can never live up to her song by that name. *6/13*

Deme- But will this ever beat Sharpay's hit song Fabulous...? It won't, because Fabulous is a bop - however, this song's not bad at all! I really like the instrumental here, and I can definitely see how this can tie into Sharpay as a character. I especially love the chorus! *11/13*

Josh- Yeah, like I get it. I understand it. I don't love it. We immediately start with the line "Nobody's Perfect" but I think in Sharpays mind she is perfect. I think was a bit too inspirational and motivational for what I was wanting from songs this week, and needed a bit more narcissism. It's not a bad song though, I feel like the beat and melody are good. Just needed some more overall self confidence in the words to push it over the edge. *12/13*

Jaxon- Honestly, you really said “I can’t use Fabulous by Sharpay Evans? Alright I’m gonna use a different fabulous.” and that is iconic. The callback in the chorus to Lady Marmalade was really appreciated on my end, and was a nice little surprise with this song. I think Ally’s voice is just really pure and nice sounding to listen to, it is very clean. All in all, this was a really appreciated song in a round that seems to have a lot of stiff competition. *7/13*

The four scores gave you an average of 9. This ranked you TENTH overall this round.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd/3rd we had a tie between...
Max & Alex.

-
In 2nd/3rd we have... Max with I Don't Want It At All by Kim Petras
Deme- Okay, absolute bop? This song's super fun and it honestly just screams Sharpay. The instrumental's so catchy, and the lyrics are just... top tier. Great pick. *3/13*

Jaxon- Honestly,  I just can’t find it in my heart to support Miss Kim (look at my avi…), except for this song. It’s just too iconic. This song works, and in round 1 before you have any idea what every judges taste is, I don’t really blame people for playing it safe. This song was a very safe choice, but like of all the safe choices, probably my favorite one and the one with the highest chance at winning depending on how divided the judges are. It fits and it is a great song, being the first song I listen to, I can’t promise where she will land in my ranks… but I’m sure it will be a higher rank. Also LOVE this music video with an appearance from the forever icon Paris Hilton. *4/13*

Josh- The first word I think of when I saw this song posted for this week was "Duh". I'm just shocked it hasn't been used before in the past. Good song, fits the theme really well. It's a very safe choice and I'm sure will land you a decent placement for the week. *4/13*

Krystal- I love this song because Kim Petras really delivered with the songs released around this point. It’s very pop princess-y, which fits Sharpay quite well. I love how the song is just super bubbly and fun. Besides, who can complain about a Paris Hilton shrine being a part of a music video? *3/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked in a 2-2 vote. This ranked you SECOND/THIRD this round.

-
In 2nd/3rd we have... Alex with When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls
Deme- Yes. Just... yes. What an absolute bop. This song just... goes off, from the vocals to the background vocals to the instrumental to the lyrics - yes? Just, yes? It's so incredibly Sharpay, too - I think this was basically the perfect pick for this round, so great job! *1/13*

Jaxon- I wouldn’t really consider myself a Pussycat Dolls stan or someone super versed in their music… but like every time one of their songs is posted in this song, it always slays me so hard. Like this song was a bit of a basic choice, but that also doesn’t mean I didn’t force my sister to do this song on Just Dance as a kid. It’s a fun and catchy song, it fits the theme really well, and I’m not mad it was posted. *6/13*

Josh- I mean, now this is a classic song. I think it's a great choice for this week and I think it perfectly embodies Sharpay's personality. Yeah not too much bad things to say. Just that you thought perfectly inside of the box was round. *5/13*

Krystal- Everyone knows this song, and it kicks ass. It’s got the super whiny voices that were so good at that time, and there’s this high energy that just gets raised up by the ha ha ha sounds. It’s very much a Sharpay song to me, and I can imagine her blasting it from her little pink car as she rolls the window down and glares at Gabriella as she whips off her heart-shaped bright pink sunglasses to start a fight over some irrelevant boy. *2/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked in a 2-2 vote. This ranked you SECOND/THIRD this round.
758 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner of Sharpay Evans Theme Song Week is...
Jess with Let Them Know by Mabel
Jaxon- Oh the beat with this song was SO good and fun. Like the switch from verse to chorus was just done so well and kept me entertained from start to finish. The bad bitch energy this song is serving is just such a great vibe. I could see this one on my playlist, and I’m glad you introduced it to me. Great choice! *2/13*

Krystal- The synth under her vocals is enjoyable and pairs well with this instrumental because it’s kind of like pushing a bunch of buttons on a science fiction sound machine. Her voice is just enjoyable, and I really gotta bop to that chorus because it just kicks ass in the best ways combining vocals and instrumental. *5/13*

Deme- Oh wow, oh wow, her voice? I love? The instrumental's so fun, too! This song as a whole is just such a bop, from the verses to the chorus (looove love love the chorus), and I can definitely see how it works for this theme. Great pick! *4/13*

Josh- This was such a fun song! This is a serious contender for my top song of the week but we'll see how I feel about it after listening to all of them. Just the beat and the rhythm and the feeling of the song totally gave what I was looking for this week . You are going to be one to look out for in this competition *2/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on winning the first round of this season, and also earning immunity for round 2.
758 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means,

Andy... Josh... Krista...

You three make up our bottom three of the round.
758 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
The person who ranked 11th this round is...
Josh with Diamonds by Megan Thee Stallion & Normani
Deme- Birds Of Prey 💖! This song's so good, honestly. The chorus is so incredibly Sharpay, and the rap is super impressive? The vocals overall are just... wow wow wow, so pretty. Great pick! *6/13*

Josh- So the song was cute, and I think it fit the theme  decently.  The only reason I can't put the song any higher is because I feel like the overall vibe does not match Sharpays personality as much as the songs I have ranked above it, that being said it's not a bad song by any means just not the best for the week for this theme. *11/13*

Krystal- I’ve listened to the Birds of Prey soundtrack, and I’m gonna admit this is one of the songs on there that kind of falls flat for me. It feels like it’s trying super hard to be on the radio and not much else. The rap is pretty good, but the instrumental is meh and I’m not that obsessed with anything else that’s going on. *11/13*

Jaxon- This song was a fun little edition to this round. It was definitely catchy, and I think Megan always has pretty impressive and catchy bars. I don’t think that I have that many negative things to say about this song, it is very polished and put together, it is just more so that this was a really strong week and the songs ranked above this one are just songs that I would listen to again before this one. Not a bad submission, just not my favorite of the round. *10/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 9.5. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall this round.
758 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Andy... Krista...

The person being eliminated tonight is...
Andy with 18 Til I Die by Bryan Adams
Jaxon- Oh, honey… it pains me to say this because your activity has been so good so far… but this song just isn’t it. Like taking out the theme from the picture, this song just sounds like something that would be on my dads playlist and I just can’t. I can’t guarantee where the other judges will put this… but for me, it just… I know it won’t be good. I wasn’t really a fan of his voice at all, the production on the song was good and the beat was fun, but I really just could never see me putting this on for myself to listen to again. A for effort, but in execution it just wasn’t for me </3. *13/13*

Josh- This song was clearly different than everything else this week. I understand your reasoning behind the lyrics, but at the end of the day the mark was just missed. It's not inherently a bad song, it just wasn't the best fit for this week. When you think of a spoiled diva princess, you don't think some rock and roll guy trying to stay in his youth. *13/13*

Krystal- Is this country? I really do not know what this man’s voice is doing, but I don’t even think my dad would like it. Like… cool he’s screaming. Pretty sure you’d have hit it more if you chose some guy from the ‘80s screaming his lungs out because this feels very much like it’s trying too hard to be like all the big hits and is missing by a large margin. Nevermind, I googled. My dad would probably like that song because the guy’s name is familiar! But… he’s not judging so… sorry? *13/13*

Deme- ...So, um. You really got screwed over with this theme, huh? In good news, I don't completely hate the song! The singer's voice is super interesting, and I can definitely see where you were going with it for this theme. However, I just found out this is the same guy who did Summer Of '69, and comparing that to this is... 😶. *13/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 13. This ranked you THIRTEENTH overall this round. Unfortunately, this means you have been eliminated from Back To Basics.

However, in true honor to our original season, Back To Basics will feature a traditional returnee round this season. We look forward to seeing you again then!
758 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means,

In 12th we have... Krista with 7 rings by Ariana Grande
Josh-  I can see it, But I do think in terms of Sharpay it's just about simple toned. I think the song is all about being a materialistic without without showing the drive and the passion that she carries throughout the movie. Not a bad choice by any means just not the best of the bunch. There is a certain Ari song that I feel would've worked way better this week actually. *9/13*

Krystal- Gonna preface with the fact I hate this fucking song. I’m gonna give it the benefit of the doubt, though. Ariana’s got a very nice voice to listen to, even if it’s wasted on a boring radio pop hit like this, and her attempts at rap or whatever make me want to claw my eyes out, but the beat’s solid and overall I don’t hate it that much or whatever. *12/13*

Deme- Definitely not my favourite Ariana song, but I can't deny it still goes off? It's super fitting for Sharpay, too, so great pick! *12/13*

Jaxon- Complete transparency, I really am not an Ari fan. Now she does have an era that I stan hard core, but this is not that one. The song is very catchy, and it isn’t like my least favorite song that she has made. It maybe could have fared better in a different theme, with a bit of different selection of songs posted… but for this one, it will definitely rear out the bottom of my middle. The songs a bit repetitive, but I wouldn’t make a strong effort in not listening to it. Not the worst, but not really near my favorite. *11/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 11. This ranked you TWELFTH overall this round. This means you get to live to see another day in this competition.
758 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. What A Shame
2. Let Them Know
3. My Crown
4. I Don’t Want It At All
5. Glamorous
6. When I Grow Up
7. Fabulous
8. Material Girl
9. Applause
10. Diamonds
11. 7 rings
12. All I Hear
13. 18 Til I Die

Josh:
1. What A Shame
2. Let Them Know
3. Applause
4. I Don’t Want It At All
5. When I Grow Up
6. All I Hear
7. My Crown
8. Glamorous
9. 7 rings
10. Material Girl
11. Diamonds
12. Fabulous
13. 18 Til I Die

Krystal:
1. Material Girl
2. When I Grow Up
3. I Don’t Want It At All
4. All I Hear
5. Let Them Know
6. Fabulous
7. My Crown
8. What A Shame
9. Applause
10. Glamorous
11. Diamonds
12. 7 rings
13. 18 Til I Die

Deme:
1. When I Grow Up
2. My Crown
3. I Don’t Want It At All
4. Let Them Know
5. Material Girl
6. Diamonds
7. Glamorous
8. What A Shame
9. Applause
10. All I Hear
11. Fabulous
12. 7 rings
13. 18 Til I Die

Overall:
1. Let Them Know (3.25)
2/3. I Don’t Want It At All (3.5) (2-2)
2/3. When  I Grow Up (3.5) (2-2)
4. What A Shame (4.5)
5. My Crown (4.75)
6. Material Girl (6)
7/8. Glamorous (7.5) (2-2)
7/8. Applause (7.5) (2-2)
9. All I Hear (8)
10. Fabulous (9)
11. Diamonds (9.5)
12. 7 rings (11)
13. 18 Til I Die (13)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!