This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 3: Results Show

Topic » Round 3: Results Show

896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
To start things off, there is a very clear winner and loser of the Duel Room.

The person being eliminated this week is Chris as he did not post and is now disqualified from the competition.

Krystal did have some commentary- https://youtu.be/ns1SGo3WCF4
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
I will now announce results from the bottom to the top.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 13th we have... Drew with All I Do Is Win by DJ Kahled ft. Ludacris, T-Pain, Snoop Dog, & Rick Ross
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- Oh, there is a lot of like synth around his vocals. But this song really pumps it up for sure. I just don’t know if I’d wanna exercise to this. It feels more like something I’d expect to hear at a club, except I wouldn’t go to the club and would be exiting the nearby Bargain Books side-eying the club in the distance fearfully as this boomed from the building. But you get my point. It’s not as much of an exercise song to me as it is a club song. *10/14*

Deme- ...I liked this when it was covered in Pitch Perfect 2 👉👈. Is that... controversial? Did anyone even watch that movie? Anyways! I actually really enjoyed the rap part in this. Like, more than the chorus? And, while this isn't the type of music I usually listen to, I liked it! Good pick! *11/14*

Josh- This song would probably be playing over the radio in the gyms built in speakers that are super loud over in the lifiting weights side of the gym. The straights are going hard acting like this song is gonna carry them through the big game on Friday night. I just want to be anywhere else. I see why you picked this, but FOR ME... is a no. *13/14*

Jaxon- I think this is a really basic train of thought to have for this week, which to me feels safe. With that being said, the song would get the job done for me. It doesn’t wow me necessarily to be a top contender, but I mean honestly yeah I do see myself being hyped during a workout to hear a song all about how I’m winning no matter what, she makes a lot of sense. *11/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 11.25. This ranked you THIRTEENTH overall this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 12th we have... JJ with Edge Of Midnight by Miley Cyrus, Stevie Nicks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- Love this song to bits, but I’m a little worried thinking about this as a song to work out to. Like it really does pain me thinking about putting it any lower than #1, but… there are some parts I could see myself working out to and the rest of it I’m totally lost. Like there’s a good beat, the lyrics are fun, and it’s all-together Miley’s best work off that entire album, but I just don’t know if this is enough of a working out song for me. It makes me think Guitar Hero, not yoga. *8/14*

Deme- Love Miley, love Midnight Sky, Stevie Nicks goes off - it's a great combo all around, honestly? But, like... I think I prefer the original version over the remix... 👉👈... also I don't know if I would work out to this? But I also don't work out, so who am I to say - great pick! *12/14*

Jaxon- The song itself, I really love. I love Miley & I love Stevie, what isn’t there to love? However, it saddens me to see it posted under this theme because I really can’t see this being a workout song for me. A breakup anthem? Yes. Make me feel like an independent bad bitch? Yes. Working out? I’m not so sure it wouldn’t get the skip to keep me in a more upbeat mood. *12/14*

Josh- I really enjoy this song and the remix.. just not for working out. Where am I playing this song theoretically? I'm on my way home. I did the gym. We went through it. We are tired. We are going home and going to sleep. We just need to keep ourselves awake with music we can sing along to on the car ride home. We are thinking about going through mcdonalds but knowing we shouldn't because we just worked out and we need to be healthy. That's where she is. *11/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10.75. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked at 2-2. We went to a backup metric of overall average, and at 12 you scored lower. This ranked you TWELTH this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 11th we have... Charlie with Genetics by Meghan Trainor ft. Pussycat Dolls
Deme- Right off the bat I was... not excited for Meghan Trainor, but the instrumental's strong from the start. And once the song picks up, with the background vocals and all, it's... a bop? When the chorus kicks in I'm definitely a fan. Great pick, honestly? *8/14*

Josh- Why does this song pop up if I'm at the gym? I wanna listen to something I usually wouldn't. This song comes and goes but I don't really notice. It's not offensive enough to skip but not good enough to  remember and listen to it again. *12/14*

Krystal- I forgot Meghan Trainor existed to be honest. The instrumental is good, but her vocals are kind of chaotic and I don’t know if it’s in a way I like. The backup vocals are kind of irritating to me, especially those like popping noises they keep making, and it really distracts me from the song itself. Like oh my god, can someone cut off their mic? Please? Is this even a person or an instrument? If it’s an instrument, can I fucking smash it? I just really can’t imagine working out to this unless I was trying to run away from wherever that song’s playing from. *13/14*

Jaxon- Wait… the Pussycat Dolls are still a thing? Iconic. I feel like this song could definitely work at certain points of a workout, like the cool down or maybe on a good day the buildup. I don’t think it is the most impressive song I have seen this week, but I also don’t think it is the worst. Kind of very middle of the road and just dependent on other songs posted. It doesn’t leave much of an impression for better or for worse. *10/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10.75. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked at 2-2. We went to a backup metric of overall average, and at 10 you scored higher. This ranked you ELEVENTH this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we have... Jordan with Sexercize by Kylie Minogue
Deme- I... absolutely hate the name. Such a bop, though? I looove the instrumental, and her vocals are just... so fitting? Especially when the background vocals kick in? And that bit right around two minutes... yeah. I could definitely see someone working out to this. Great pick! *3/14*

Josh- This song would be a lot better for me if the background music beat was just a bit faster. It doesn't necessarily get me in the mood. If I was on the treadmill this wouldn't be making me want to give it my all. Would definitely turn my speed down and give myself a break during this song. It's a pretty good song in general, just if the theme is "this song gets you geared up for working out" it's not entirely my thing. *10/14*

Jaxon- I think that this song starts off really solid, and I could see it working a bit… but then we get into the different parts of the song and it just… doesn’t scream workout to me? Like I don’t think the vocals and the beat mesh well for me to say yeah this hypes me up to workout and continue my workout. I also was not a huge fan of the synth in this song added to her vocals. *13/14*

Krystal- This song is bouncy and fun to listen to. And hell yeah, it’s relevant to like working out at the same time! I could imagine myself listening to this in my earbuds while surreptiously pulling them out repeatedly to check if anyone could hear out of them because she keeps singing about sex and what if someone thinks I’m Very Inappropriate? Anyway, this song was just super enjoyable. *3/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 9.67. This ranked you TENTH this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we have... Coco with Lean On by Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MO
Deme- Oh, wait, I know this one? I loooove her vocals, and the music itself... come on. Come on. It's so good? Great pick! *4/14*

Josh- This song with working out? Where am I? I'm back in like high school. We are doing laps around the gym and I'm hating it. The music choice is.. alright. Not amazing. Just basic songs that the teacher plays every single class. We are tired of it. It gets us through it.. but we aren't happy about it. *9/

Krystal- I find the vocals here kind of annoying to be honest. It kind of reminds me of Grimes, but not in a good way. Even the instrumental annoys me. It sounds like a little Sim saying a bunch of noises at me. And I’m like [deletes ladder]. This is something I could maybe imagine for a workout if I wanted to piss myself off immensely. It just isn’t hitting for me. *12/14*

Jaxon- Is this song a workout song that I could see helping me through my misery? Yes. Does she absolutely WOW me? Not that much. She is honestly really fun and has that upbeat nature I would need. With the lineup I have been given, it is definitely middle of the road for me, but it works really well for its purpose and is not a bad song posted this week. *8/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This tied with another contestant, however, in a judges vote of 1-3 you were not favored. This ranked you NINTH this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Christian with Instruction by Jax Jones ft Demi Lovato, Stefflon Don
Jaxon- If I am listening to the extended version of the S tier Tell Me You Love Me Album, this song gets the skip 90% of the time. If I am listening to this while working out… she would be very welcomed. Once again, this wouldn’t be the peak of my workout, but it definitely would keep me in the groove and it gets the job done that I need it to get done. *6/14*

Krystal- Already off to a good start! I love that the song is having all these instructions. However, I do think once that ended it slowed down and became a little bit less exciting. And then it amped right back up into this fun, dance-y chorus I could totally see myself working out to. But those slower lyrics are absolutely killer, and not in a good way for me. *7/14*

Deme- ...The pauses. The pauses in the vocals. They are... really throwing me off? I like the "Bitch I don't need introduction/Follow my simple instruction" bit, but the rest of it... 😟 ...I don't know why I'm not vibing with this. I hope the other judges liked this more this week! *13/14*

Josh- This song isn't that bad. I'm trying to place myself in the gym on this one and I'm struggling. Maybe I'm in the car hyping myself up. I really don't want to go to the gym today. My legs are sore but I need to anyways. I turn up my car full blast and throw this on to get myself in that mindset. *7/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This tied with another contestant, however, in a judges vote of 3-1 you were favored. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
robbed
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Jin with Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa
Deme- ...Honestly, I can't believe this song hasn't been used yet. Dua Lipa, once again, is great. The instrumental's perfect. Her vocals? Love. While this feels like less of a workout song than Physical, it's a bop nonetheless and I definitely could see working out to it? Great pick! *5/14*

Jaxon- I do think it was really risky posting Dua Lipa after she had already been posted this week, and moreso after seeing the Dua song already posted. While the first thing that comes to mind for this song is ‘workout’, I can honestly say that I do also see this as a workout song. It is upbeat just enough to qualify for that, and would definitely help me push through three more minute of what I need to get done. *9/14*

Krystal- This is a really good Dua Lipa song, but it’s never one I really thought about exercising to. I do think it is a little risky to use the same singer someone else has used, and for me at least I don’t think it paid off this week. This song is really good! Obviously, it is because it’s Dua Lipa. But it feels more clubby fun than workout fun, like… there’s nothing I can imagine working out to here really. *9/14*

Josh- She's a bit slower, but isn't an awful workout song. Like she goes hard at the chorus but if you need something consistent she isn't your go to. You want her near the start of working out. You're just getting started on the treadmill and you're still on a jogging speed. You wanna go faster but you know you shouldn't because you'll wear yourself out early. *6/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Brittany with Level Up by Ciara
Josh- We've nearing the end of our workout. We need a banger to keep us going, just through the last bit. We are grabbing the jump rope. This song had a great beat to jump to. It gets us pumping and we are feeling like we can do it. *4/14*

Krystal- I’ve heard this song before! Do not have a single clue where, but it’s a bop. Like the energy of the song starts out right away, all full of energy and fun. The beat is absolutely a song I could see myself working out to, like it has this pumped-up energy to it but not in a club way if that makes sense. The only problem is it does start to get repetitive after a while. *6/14*

Deme- I love this intro already, alright? Alright? Level up? The longer this goes on, the more I enjoy it - the quick vocals, the instrumental... iconic. Great pick! *9/14*

Jaxon- I think you finally broke out of the funk you were in previous weeks. This is definitely a song that I could see myself working out to, and honestly she definitely bops. It’s not one of my favorites of the week, but it fits the theme really well and is perfect for this theme and works well this week. Good choice. *5/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with another contestant, and the judges vote was deadlocked at 2-2. In the backup metric of overall average, you ranked lower at 13.5. This ranked you SIXTH overall this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
I am really flopping in this season. I’m surprised I’m ranked 12th.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Lex with Judas by Lady Gaga
Krystal- Fuck yeah, Judas! Not sure how I’ll feel about this as a workout song just yet, so let’s wait and see. The pacing of the instrumental paired with these synth-y lyrics and just the way the song is all electronic works really well for me as a workout song actually. There are times where I’m a little worried it gets too clubby, but it feels just like the right pacing for a workout song at others so it’s a little bit of both. *5/14*

Deme- I was never expecting to see Judas this week, so I'm, like... pleasantly surprised? I never considered this to be a workout song, but like - no, I can definitely see it? And I love love looove the instrumental bits - they go so hard? Love? Great pick *7/14*

Jaxon- Honestly, this is a Lady Gaga single… I really am not familiar with all that much (fake fan, I know). However, I definitely feel like this is a fun little workout song that provides me a great beat, great vocals, and it definitely works for me with this theme. As a side note, what is Norman Reedus doing in a Lady Gaga video LOL what a funny little cameo I never thought I would see. *7/14*

Josh- This song had all of the good ingredients for a good workout song for me. Had a good BPM base. Im in the middle of my cardio and we are going hard. We are running like Casey Becker is being chased at the opening of the movie. Judas was a really good pick! *5/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with another contestant, and the judges vote was deadlocked at 2-2. In the backup metric of overall average, you ranked higher at 7. This ranked you FIFTH overall this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Max with God Is A Dancer by Tiesto, Mabel
Krystal- The beat to this song is good already, especially paired with these synth-y vocals and this quality to her singing that I can’t quite describe but it’s giving it a definite edge. Like it’s so fun and upbeat and great. I can sort of see myself working out to this, especially with those “Step by step” and “Left right left” lyrics. I was a little worried it was too clubby at first, but no this is something I’m liking. A song I’ve never heard before that I could absolutely work out to? Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/14*

Deme- The way she says whyy-yyy-yyy-yyy in the beginning... I... hm. 40-ish seconds in or so, though? It goes off. I love love looove the instrumental here and I love her voice in the chorus, especially the step by step/left right left bits, okay? I'm a fan. Great pick! *10/14*

Josh- Visualizing it.. I'm just getting onto the bike. I've set it on hill so we are starting off easy. I need to pace myself. This is a song I'd start with. It doesn't take me where I need to go... but it gets me to that next stop. It's a gateway for bigger things. It takes you far enough while you are there, and drops you off so you can move onto better things. *8/14*

Jaxon- Every week you introduce me to a song that I have never heard of before, and I really appreciate that. This song has a great beat to it, it fits the theme even though that isn’t necessarily a critique I am looking for, and I think this song will definitely get the job done it needs to get job. I will say this wouldn’t be the highlight of my workout playlist created by everyone here today, but it would definitely be up there in terms of I enjoyed listening to it. *4/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.75. This ranked you FOURTH overall this week.
896 days 2 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
Fun fact: I actually do work out to my song submission.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!