This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 13: The Grand Finale

Topic » Round 13: The Grand Finale

927 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon

Ev & Zach both of you have made it as far as you can within this competition, twice now. You both have played an extremely great game and the only thing left to do now is announce the results.

The results will be posted today within the next few hours!
926 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
Both of you have played an amazing game and should be extremely proud of yourselves...

Ev: You have had an extremely consistent game in All Stars. Among the best, you have only seen yourself in the bottom three twice this season across all twelve rounds leading up to the finale. Though you have never won a round, in comparison you have seen yourself in the top three placers seven out of the possible twelve rounds, six of those being second places. You have now made it to the end twice... will you secure your first win this season on the round it matters most?

Zach: You had a more rocky start at the beginning of this season narrowly escaping the bottom three the first two rounds, and then bouncing back in the third week with your first win of the season. From there, you scored very consistently throughout the competition, seeing the bottom three times... but only when there were six songs posted or less in a round effectively taking out the safe zone and competing against the best of the best. You saw yourself in the top three five times, with three of those five times being the winner of the round. Will you be able to do so one more time?

Both of you have made it to the finale on your original season, and both of you played two extremely strong games on both seasons. Your abilities in this competition are never to be doubted.
926 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
First to be announced is the season average variable component of the finale.

Ev: 3.75
Zach: 4.25

This means that...

Ev: +0.20
Zach: +0.40
926 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
The first category we will be revealing tonight is favorite previous performance.

Ev posted Gimmie More by Britney Spears, Zach posted It's My Life by No Doubt.
926 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
Ev: Gimmie More by Britney Spears
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- *1/2*

Jaxon- Looking through the wiki, I also see a very long list of songs that you could have easily used in this category to put up a strong fight for this category. Gimmie More is pop perfection, and I think it was a really smart choice because it was one that was well received by all the judges. If I’m being honest, it would not have been the top choice for me personally… but I’m just one of four and a song I would have chosen would not have done well looking at how it did the first time. Gimmie More is a great song nonetheless. *2/2*

Krystal- I love Britney! I don’t need to say too much for these picks, but there’s a lot of bounciness to her voice and the instrumental that pair well together. I can’t deny this is a strong pick. I just want Britney to gimme gimme more of this song. #FreeBritney btw. *2/2*

Deme- I mean... it's Britney. Always love Britney. This was such a good pick, honestly? It's so catchy, it sounds so good, just... yes? Yes. *2/2*

Zach: It's My Life by No Doubt

Jaxon- Looking at your posts throughout the season… I see that you had a lot of really great options to choose from. I’d say there were three very strong contenders for me, but there were definitely more than that, and looking at your songs I’m not surprised you made it to the end. I think you played a very strong game, and it really is a tossup on whether It’s My Life or Dreams would have been the best option for this category (for me) and honestly, I have to say you nailed this one for me easily. *1/2*

Deme- I forgot which song this was until it started playing and - wow. Wow. I love it? Her voice, the instrumental - when the chorus hits! Great. Perfect. I love it. *1/2*

Josh- *2/2*

Krystal- I always get surprised remembering this song was a cover because Gwen Stefani really made this song hers. Like her vocals are strong and work well against the instrumental in a really electric way. I can’t imagine hearing this song from anyone else. The vocals are really amazing, so I think you’re deserving of my #1 here! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/2*

The second category to be revealed tonight is Winners Single...

-
Ev: Bubblegum Bitch by Marina & The Diamons
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- So… I adore How To Be A Heartbreaker, and honestly this year I tried giving this entire album a chance being her source material of the single. I was quite disappointed I didn’t quite stan the album, but for me in a sea of songs that didn’t live up to what I was hoping for, Bubblegum Bitch stood out and did what I wanted with the album. I really enjoyed this song and I’m glad to see it here in the finale. It was definitely charting in dangerous territory, but you came out of it successful which make me happy to see. *1/2*

Krystal- This was one of Marina’s best eras of all time! A song about young love this bittersweet and aggressive? I love the sweetness paired with this almost undercurrent of aggressiveness to it. Like this is ultra femme in a weaponized song form, and I adore it so much because of just how much she uses her voice and the instrumental to make it dark as much as it is sugary. Here’s my #1 because you deserve it! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/2*

Deme- I... love this. I love Marina, I love this song specifically - it's so fun? It's so catchy? It's such a bop? Great pick! *1/2*

Josh- *1/2*

Zach: Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia
Jaxon- Beyond Sia being a risky choice in this competition, I think it is even riskier to post the same artist twice in the same round. This is definitely the first Sia song I ever heard on the radio, and I honestly used to think it was David singing being young and not understanding he was just the producer. This song definitely still lives up to this day for me, though I will say it is a wee bit repetitive… but Sias vocals are outstanding on this one. *2/2*

Krystal-  I feel like everyone knows this song. I mean, it was really popular for a time because the vocals are just so beautiful. But I don’t find the vocals particularly powerful, and I think the instrumental overpowers them to be entirely honest. Sia’s voice shines further in the song, though, and I do love the way she delivers the chorus. I mean. The way she screams Titanium is just art. And this beat is bouncy and fun! *2/2*

Deme- Okay, wow. I thought I'd be sick to death of hearing this song, but like... no, it's a bop? Her voice is so incredible impressive, and the lyrics are great, and just... wow. Great pick. *2/2*

Josh- *2/2*

It comes down to the final category of A Song About Winning.

The winner of Jaxon's Ultimate Song Choice Competition: All Stars is....
Zach!
Zach: Unstoppable by Sia

Deme- Love love love her voice, I love how the music picks up near the chorus, I love the lyrics? This is so fitting and such a bop, it's perfect? Great pick. *1/2*

Krystal- Oh, Sia. She is a person who exists. I normally really like her singing voice, even though I really dislike her as a person, but her voice here just isn’t doing it for me enough. She kinds of sounds like she’s speaking Simlish sometimes? Like I do like the whine she puts into her voice, but there are also times it feels a bit too much. I do like the part where she sings “battERieS” like weirdly though. *2/2*

Josh- *1/2*

Jaxon- TBT to when Gleb flopped so hard and stumbled in his and Janas freestyle finals dance in the only iconic season of DWTS to exist. Anyways, I personally love Sias vocals… though if you did your research you would know not every judge on the panel is a Sia fan which saddens me. I think this song represents winning extremely well, and I’m not mad she was posted for me to get to listen to this week. *1/2*

Ev: Marry The Night by Lady Gaga
Krystal- I love Born This Way as an album, almost as much as The Fame. Her vocals have this sort of rawness to them at times which are just so good to hear. And the song is just bursting with this energy throughout, all fast-paced and exciting. The beat is fun, too, and it keeps the song really like exciting even when the lyrics aren’t there. It feels kind of like a heartbeat. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/2*

Deme- Love Lady Gaga. Absolutely love her. This is such a bop all around - her voice? Incredible. The beat? So fun. The lyrics? Perfect. Great pick! *2/2*

Jaxon- Honestly, I’m a fake Gaga fan (not really) but I mostly know the singles off her first few albums. Which honestly, makes it fun to hear an old school Gaga song that I’m not very familiar with. I think this song was extremely catchy and fun to listen to. Her vocals are nice as usual. I think for the category, the song can get a bit lost in translation as to how it fits into the theme, but I appreciate you explaining it and taking a more unique approach to it. *2/2*

Josh- *2/2*

Song About Winning: Zach
Favorite Previous Performance: Zach
Winners Single: Ev

-
Zach's finale average of first + first + second + 0.40 = 1.46
Ev's finale average of second + second + first + 0.20 = 1.73.
926 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
Song About Winning:
1. Unstoppable
2. Marry The Night

Favorite Previous Performance:
1. It’s My Life
2. Gimmie More

Winners Single:
1. Bubblegum Bitch
2. Titanium

-
Krystal:
Song About Winning:
1. Marry The Night
2. Unstoppable

1. It’s My Life
2. Gimmie More

Winners Single:
1. Bubblegum Bitch
2. Titanium

-
Deme:
Song About Winning:
1. Unstoppable
2. Marry The Night

1. It’s My Life
2. Gimmie More

Winners Single:
1. Bubblegum Bitch
2. Titanium

-
Josh:
Song About Winning:
1. Unstoppable
2. Marry The Night

1. Gimmie More
2. It’s My Life

Winners Single:
1. Bubblegum Bitch
2. Titanium

-
Song About Winning:
1. Unstoppable (1.25)
2. Marry The Night (1.75)

1. It's My Life (1.25)
2. Gimmie More (1.75)

Winners Single:
1. Bubblegum Bitch (1)
2. Titanium (2)

-
Contestant Overall:
1. Zach (1.46)
2. Ev (1.73)
926 days 23 hours ago
Washed_Ravioli
I can't believe I actually won!!! Thank you guys so so much for two great seasons!! I had an amazing time every week.

Good game, Ev, I really thought you had this one <3 While you may not have won this I know you're gonna win 1984 sooo

https://media.giphy.com/media/iClV9Ee68JPUpeBVJL/giphy.gif
925 days 21 hours ago
Symmetry888
congrats zach! and you did an amazing job too, ev. it was a great final 2! :)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!