This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 7: Results Show

Topic » Round 7: Results Show

948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Michael with Respect by Aretha Franklin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I had to look this song up just to make sure this wasn’t originally her song because she took the song and made it famous. Her vocals are intense from the fucking start. She really belts it in all the right ways and there’s not a single part of the song where I’m bored. Just consistent good energy start to finish. *2/8*

Deme- Genuinely had no idea this was a cover until just now - how iconic? Basically everyone knows her for this song for a reason. Great vocals, fun song, great pick for this week. *6/8*

Jaxon- If I’m listening to old old music like this, this is definitely the style I want to be listening to! I love the soul and I love the upbeat nature to it. It’s a vibe to put it simply. I wish the song were a bit longer, but that is almost a good thing that I wanted to hear more. A classic song and a smart choice. *4/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4. This ranked you FOURTH overall this week.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Fox with All The The Things She Said by Poppy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- Love this song, love Poppy, absolutely love this cover? I think her voice works perfectly here, and I love the instrumental - great pick! *4/8*

Jaxon- I have no idea who Poppy is, why is she so drastically different in everything she does? I am like… slightly familiar with the original, I know the song but for the life of me I could not name who the artist is? I enjoyed this cover though, it definitely gave me like Kim Petras vibes but without the guilty conscience of listening to Kim, which I appreciate! *7/8*

Krystal- I love Poppy covering a T.A.T.U. song honestly. Her voice works well with it, like the soft parts are especially incredible to listen to. I think the instrumental does a good job at never overpowering her voice and when there’s autotune, it’s used perfectly to make the song sound like the original. *4/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5. This ranked you FIFTH overall this week.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
And that makes up our safe zone... the other six you make up our highs and lows this week.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Ev with Jolene by Miley Cyrus
Jaxon- If there is ONE thing I have learned in my lifetime, it is that Miley Cyrus and The Backyard Sessions get along extremely well. This is a classic cover by Ms. Cyrus, almost to the point I wish you digged a little bit deeper and gave one that she is less known for… because her cover selection is absolutely amazing and huge. With that being said, this is an extremely well done cover that deserves all the recognition it got. *2/8*

Krystal- Some country Miley, alright, let’s see! Damn, her voice is really excellent here. I just honestly don’t know if any cover of this gets a fair fight at sounding as good as the original. When I listen to her, I can’t help but compare it to the original Jolene in my head and I’m not as impressed. But her voice is solid and I like the way she spun it. Just isn’t enough for me to put it very high. *7/8*

Deme- I'm always excited for Miley entries, and this one was no different. Her voice? Wow wow wow. Great pick. *2/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3.67. This ranked you THIRD overall this week.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have...
Tim with Oblivion by Bre-L
Krystal- I don’t really like Grimes, but I do think this is one of her better songs and this cover is honestly an improvement on the original song since it seems like these are her natural vocals more than whatever the hell Grimes does vocally. And just like there’s more of a rock quality to it that's really fucking getting me excited. This is what I want from a cover! A new and improved spin on a song that alters it entirely from the original while staying true to it enough to hear it and go, “Oh, yeah, that’s a Grimes song, isn’t it?” Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/8*

Jaxon- I have never heard of Bre-L before… but I’m glad I was introduced to her. I don’t think this song itself would be my absolute favorite from this band, but I see a lot of potential within the song that makes me want to go look more into what they have put out, which says a lot about the song itself. I don’t think that I am very familiar with the original song, so to me this very well is the original, and I am liking what I am hearing. *6/8*

Deme- Oh wow, I love the vocals here? And the instrumental? I really enjoyed this one. Great pick! *3/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3.33. This ranked you SECOND overall.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner of covers week is...
Zach with It's My Life by No Doubt
Jaxon- Today I learned one of my favorite No Doubt song is a cover?? Something about No Doubt, I really could just put their Spotify playlist on shuffle and listen to it for hours. This song, in my opinion, is a standout from their career. I adore that this song was posted this week and I see it being a top three song overall easy. *1/8*

Krystal- I know at least one judge who loves No Doubt. I think this is a really solid song choice because I absolutely adore her vocals here, like there’s just a really good quality to them paired with the instrumental that works so damn well. And I mean, this instrumental is just stellar. I love it a lot. *3/8*

Deme- I was really impressed by this one, actually? I love her voice, and the way it works with the instrumental here is just... so good? I especially love the instrumental. Great pick. *1/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 1.67. This ranked you FIRST overall this week. Congratulations on your win and on earning immunity for round 8!
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have...
Seth with Without Me by Halsey
Jaxon- Haley is this artist who I feel like is completely different from how the media and radio portrays her? I have enjoyed the vast majority more of the songs I have heard from her throughout this series than I ever did on the radio. I love the rock cover and I think she did extremely well with this song. I wasn’t expecting to love this song, but here I leave another week being extremely surprised and impressed with Halsey. *3/8*

Deme- Oh wow, oh wow? Love her voice, the instrumental is so good, the only thing bringing it down was how tough the competition was this week. *8/8*

Krystal- Halsey does decent at singing rock songs though I’m not sure I’d say she’s always the best at it. Like sometimes the vocals feel a little forced in their intensity. But when the instrumental really gets louder and her vocals are a bit rougher, I love that part to bits! All in all, worth the listen for sure. *5/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5.33. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Rory... Randy... this was an extremely strong week with eight strong covers, but one of you will be eliminated tonight.

The person who is being eliminated is...
Randy with Hurt by Johnny Cash
Krystal- Not gonna lie and say Johnny Cash is one of my favorite singers, but I have heard this song before! Maybe my dad liked it? Or it was in some TV show I watched? All I do know is that I actually do like his vocals here, like there’s some sort of raspy quality to it and he just really makes it sound appealing in that old timey way. *6/8*

Jaxon- I don’t think anyone can deny the impact Johnny Cash has had on the industry and how his success is deserved. I think one of the biggest strengths country music can have is the pure and raw emotion their singers can give with their music. But if I’m being completely honest, this song also just reminds me of spending time with my family, drinking outside, playing games, listening to music, and then this song randomly comes on my dads playlist and kills the entire mood. I personally would never put this song on to listen to in my own time. *8/8*

Deme- Oh I am... so sad. Johnny Cash was a legend in music, and I didn't even realize this was a cover and not just his own song until now? While this wasn't my favourite song of the week, the emotion there... wow. *7/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 7. This ranked you EIGHTH overall, and unfortunately that means you have been eliminated.

However, you will be going to the redemption house to face either Xakim or Kinny in the FINAL redemption battle.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
That means contestants, enjoy a couple days break as redemption finalizes. Then either Xakim, Kinny, or Randy will return back to the game to make the final eight. This will be the only returnee of the season which means from here on out there will be no second chances for this season. You must play every round as if it could be your last!
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Which leaves in 7th... Rory with As The World Caves by Sarah Cothran
Jaxon- I think this is a pretty unique yet in your face should have been expected, with just a YouTuber(?) cover. Like I have no idea who this woman is, but wow can she sing. It feels very authentic and I really love the vibe that it has to this video. She can sing and she did a really good cover of this song. *5/8*

Krystal- These vocals are really soft and echo-y in this really dreamy way that I do like from this cover, especially when paired with that soft piano instrumental. And when the notes are dragged out, I do like that a lot but I feel like the instrumental sometimes overtakes her voice and I can’t help noticing the mic quality seems a bit pitchy. *8/8*

Deme- I absolutely love her voice? The song isn't really for me, but the notes she was hitting... wow. Wow wow wow. Sooo pretty. Great pick. *5/8*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
948 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. It’s My Life
2. Jolene
3. Without Me
4. Respect
5. As The World Caves In
6. Oblivion
7. All The Things She Said
8. Hurt

Krystal:
1. Oblivion
2. Respect
3. It’s My Life
4. All The Things She Said
5. Without Me
6. Hurt
7. Jolene
8. As The World Caves In

Deme:
1. It’s My Life
2. Jolene
3. Oblivion
4. All The Things She Said
5. As The World Caves In
6. Respect
7. Hurt
8. Without Me

Overall:
1. Its My Life (1.67)
2. Oblivion (3.33)
3. Jolene (3.67)
4. Respect (4)
5. All The Things She Said (5)
6. Without Me (5.33)
7. As The World Caves In (6)
8. Hurt (7)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!