This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S4E06- The Battles, Part 2

Topic » S4E06- The Battles, Part 2

3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
BATTLES FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:

1. Madilyn Bailey VS Shawn Mendes #TeamSam
2. Reba McEntire VS Taylor Swift #TeamLauren
3. Andrea Faustini VS Ella Henderson #TeamDan
4. Adele VS Kelly Clarkson #TeamBernel
5. Christina Perri- VS Hozier #TeamSam
6. Bella Ferraro VS Holly Henry #TeamDan
7. Carrie Underwood VS Kacey Musgraves #TeamBernel
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: Hello everyone, and welcome to night TWO of the Battle Rounds, TV's craziest round. I'm Snow, your host for the evening, and thank you for joining us!

Snow: If you missed last night's episode, Dan took forward pop singer Tori Kelly and alternative artist Ed Sheeran, and stole jazz crooner Michael Buble from #TeamBernel. Lauren took forward alternative singer Lana Del Rey and Youtube sensation Pentatonix, while Sam took home indie singer BANKS and stole pop superstar Christina Aguilera from #TeamLauren. Bernel advanced with pop star Pink and stole no artists.

Snow: Let's get on with tonight's show!
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
1. MADILYN BAILEY vs. SHAWN MENDES

LAUREN:
*stands and claps*
Guys, that was great! Both of you really took me by surprise here. I have tell you this is 10 steps up from both of your blind auditions so well done both of you. Madilyn, one of my favorite songs of all time and you sung it so beautifully. Shawn I wasn't expecting this at all. Either way, both of you are worthy of that spot in The Knockouts. Good luck both of you.

DAN:
Well you both brought it tonight, what a great way to kick off the show! Madilyn I can tell you put your heart into that, but Shawn, I have to say I was really impressed with that. Neither of you have the biggest voices but you both have great tones which is just as effective :) I personally would send Shawn through but good luck

BERNEL:
To me, this Battle was more of a knockout. Madilyn completely dominated this for me. Your voice was absolutely stunning and the instrumentation was absolutely phenomenal. 10/10, A+ performance. Shawn, this wasn't awful but it wasn't great either. This was kind of subpar, your vocals didn't do too much for me and the song was kind of boring. I'd be surprised if Madilyn wasn't the winner of this battle.

SAM:
Hey guys! You both were so amazing and I am so proud of both of you, this is going to be an impossible decision. Madilyn, this was a great song to cover and you did an absolutely beautiful job at singing that song. You definitely captured the emotion of the song and you could tell that you really got into the song. Your voice is so beautiful and powerful, you are definitely one of the best singers in this competition. Shawn, I loved this as well. The song was really nice and sweet, and I had it on repeat since it was so good. Your voice is really nice, and you are so talented for your age. I feel like you are one of the best male singers in this competition for sure. This is so hard for me, good luck to both of you!

Snow: So Sam, who's advancing to the Knockouts?

Sam: This is so hard.. but for me, the winner is Shawn!

Snow: Shawn Mendes is advancing to the Knockouts as part of #TeamSam!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Madilyn Bailey is now available to steal!

*Bernel would come extremely close to pushing, but in the end no one would push*

Snow: Sadly Madilyn, you have been eliminated. Congratulations on making it this far!

*clapping*
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
2. TAYLOR SWIFT vs. REBA MCENTIRE

SAM:
Hey ladies! I thought that this is a good pairing when you first think about it, but the performances felt completely different to me. Reba, I thought that this was a nice country song, but I didn’t really enjoy it too much. It really made me bored, and I don’t think you would do well either. Taylor, I loved this! The song was really nice to listen to, as was your voice. You have the potential to do extremely well in this competition. I definitely would choose to send through Taylor. Good luck!

BERNEL:
This is kind of sad, because this was an absolutely phenomenal Battle but I think we can guess the outcome. Reba, I think that you really proved yourself as a standout artist by delivering a genuine, rocking, country performance. Taylor, I also really liked this performance. It was really catchy, and you looked great. You didn't sound phenomenal but the performance was good. I'd actually give this one to Reba.

DAN:
Well these were two totally opposite performances, one was stripped back and meaningful while the other was fun and made me dance just a little :P for me Taylor would be the person I would send through but good job girls :)

LAUREN:
Ladies, that was beautiful! Like really beautiful! Reba, you gave it so much emotion and I really believed in the lyrics you wire singing to me. Taylor, an amazing performance from you, you're the difinition of what people at home will vote for. You both have incredible voices and this is actually incredibly hard for me as I believe in you both so much. Ugh.

Snow: Lauren, who is going to advance?

Lauren: I think the people at home will really connect and vote for this person, so I'm sending through.. Taylor!

Snow: Taylor Swift is making it through from #TeamLauren!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Reba McEntire is now available to steal!

*no one would steal*

Snow: Sorry Reba, that means you've been eliminated. Everyone give it up for Reba McEntire!

*clapping*
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
3. ANDREA FAUSTINI vs. ELLA HENDERSON-

BERNEL:
Yas, this was such a good fucking battle in my opinion! Andrea, this was the PERFECT song choice for you. You sounded absolutely freaking phenomenal. This highlighted your range, the strength of the tone of your voice, and your incredible diction. Ella, on the other hand, this was also bloody amazing! That high F note that you hit... gave me  chills. Like in my bones I got chills, THAT'S how good you were! I adored you in the Blinds, I adore you now, and honestly I'd love to steal you.

LAUREN:
Wow what a battle! Two very storng performances right there Dan! You both blew me away tonight, but I feel like Ella just took it all the way, your vocal in that performance was just crazy and it's such a beautiful song! But I can definitely see you both doing well in this competition so best of luck!

SAM:
Hey guys! For me, this was a good pairing, but it was very clear to me who won it in my opinion. Andrea, to me, this was really annoying, and I don’t get the whole craze with your voice. It just sounds annoying. Ella, this was AMAZING! You did an excellent job at covering it, and your voice was so powerful and beautiful. Your voice kind of cracked during the whistle notes, but they were still excellent. There is no doubt in my mind that Ella won this. Good luck!

DAN:
BRINGING THE HOUSE DOWN, I am so proud of both of you, you killed those performances, the passion you showed Andrea and the technical ability you showed Ella was both amazing! Dang this is hard, but I have to make a decision.

Snow: Dan, who's going to advance?

Dan: This is a hard choice, but the winner of this Battle is Ella Henderson!

Snow: Ella Henderson is advancing to the Knockouts via #TeamDan!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Andrea Fausitini is now available to steal!

*No one would turn*

Snow: Dang Andrea, that means you're eliminated for good. Everyone give it up for Andrea Faustini!

*clapping*
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
4. ADELE vs. KELLY CLARKSON-

SAM:
Hey guys! This was a fabulous battle. You both have very powerful and soulful voices, and you both are excellent at really getting into the song and singing with raw emotion. Adele, I thought that both of your songs were good, but I do feel like they could have been better. Kelly, this was an excellent performance! You sounded so beautiful, and I could tell that you really got into the song. I love you both so much, but Kelly wins it in my opinion. Good luck to both of you!

DAN:
BATTLE OF THE DIVAS. I am blow away at how sensational both of you were, this will be a close call, but I think for versatility I would take Kelly if I was Bernel, but I'm luckily not, so good luck :)

LAUREN:
A great battle! This was honestly beautiful and kudos to you both for doing a live performance even though it wasn't manditory. Adele, first of all, you blew me away. That song was absolutely stunning and your voice.. You could hear a pin drop.. Kelly, also a great effort and I'm just in love with your voice and I wish you was on my team in all honesty. However, in this particular battle.. You couldn't compete, Adele took the crown and walked right through to the knockouts, but you both deserve spots in the next stage and I'm sure you'll both get them.

BERNEL:
This battle... is the one I've been dreading. You two are probably my most soulful singers and it literally kills me that I can't take both of you into the Knockouts. Adele, you know you can do basically no wrong. This was an absolutely gorgeous performance, filled with subtle vocal nuances that took me on a magical ride. I loved this. Kelly, you know you get nothing but praise from me. This was another incredibly astute performances. You played to your strengths vocally, but you also showed restraint and emotion and control, everything that I love to hear when I listen to ballads like this.

Snow: Bernel, who are you taking into the Knockouts?

Bernel: This is an incredibly hard decision, and I truly believe that either one of you has a massive potential of getting stolen, but the person I'm choosing to advance to the Knockouts is... Kelly Clarkson.

Snow: Kelly Clarkson is headed into the Knockouts on #TeamBernel!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Adele is now available to steal!

*All three coaches would turn*

Snow: WHOA.. the first steal of the night and all three coaches got in on it! Adele, who are you going to choose as your new coach?

Adele: ..... I'm speechless, thank you for the support. I'm going to have to choose Lauren though!

Snow: You heard it folks, Adele is headed to the Knockouts as a part of #TeamLauren!
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
5. CHRISTINA PERRI vs. HOZIER-

LAUREN:
*stands and claps*
WOW *looks at Sam* that was definitely, without question, the battle of the night! That was phenominal! Both of you, great song choices first off and secondly, your vocals, both of you. Like you seriously blew me away. Hozier, you are by far my favorite male artist in this competition and I was dissapointed when you didn't choose me in the Blinds, but you're doing a great job. Christina, you have a beautiful voice, I'm not going to lie.. My hand is already hovering over my steal button.. Good luck!

DAN:
I really enjoyed this battle, Hozier you showed a range I never thought you had and Christina, just wow, if I had seen you perform this well in the auditions I would have turned, good luck both :)

BERNEL:
This was an amazing battle, both of you did amazing jobs. Hozier, you fucking destroyed this song. Like you literally were doing the scales vocally, you went from that lower range to that falsetto like *that*, it was amazing. Christina, this was also really incredible. I love this song so much, everyone does, because it's so raw and you can just feel every ounce of emotion in the original. And you did just as great of a job, in my opinion. I think either one of you can get stolen, honestly.

SAM:
Wow, hey guys! Both of you did absolutely stunning jobs. Christina, I love the original version of the song you covered, and you did an excellent job at covering it. Your voice is so beautiful, and I could tell that you were really into the song. Hozier, this was excellent. Once again, the song was really good, and your soulful voice made it feel so intense. Your voice really moves me, I feel like you are injecting a drug into me. You both did excellent jobs, good luck! This will be very difficult :(

Snow: Sam, who's advancing to the Knockouts?

Sam: I know one of you is getting stolen, so I feel a bit better about this. I'm going to save Christina.

Snow: Christina Perri is advancing to the Knockouts on behalf of #TeamSam!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Hozier is now available to steal!

*Lauren and Bernel would both push*

Snow: Wow, another multi-coach steal! Hozier, who are you going to choose?

Hozier: Thanks so much for the two chairs, but I'm going to have to go with Lauren!

Snow: Hozier is now advancing to the Knockouts on behalf of #TeamLauren, and Lauren is now OFFICIALLY out of steals!

*clapping*
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
6. BELLA FERRARO vs. HOLLY HENRY-

SAM:
Hey girls! I thought that this was a very interesting performance. Bella, I thought that this was beautiful. The song was really nice, and your voice is just so angelically beautiful. Holly, I loved your cover! I thought it was really nice, and your voice sounded very good as well. I would probably choose Bella, but you both did great. Good luck to both of you!

LAUREN:
What is it with tonight? Another great battle, you both gave outstanding performances, both for different reasons and I don't envy Dan at all. Bella, you captivated me from start to finish, everything about that performance was beautiful, stunning in fact. Holly, the simplicity of your performance made it so much more than it should have been! However, I have to say, if I was making the choice I think Bella JUST edged it.

BERNEL:
This is such a good battle, because you two have some of the most unique voices in the whole competition. It makes me so happy to hear singers like you on this show because you're so you, and you don't change it up for anyone. Bella, this was a ridiculously good performance. You're fast on your way to proving that you can sing every note on the goddamn scale. Your upper range is batshit crazy, like I haven't heard anything like it before. Holly, I love the tone of your voice. It's pretty much what I would describe as ethereal, like it's legitimately what I think an angel would sound like, and that's a massive compliment. For me, I think Bella took this, but it's super close.

DAN:
I am speechless at how beautiful both of your voices are, this was a really close battle.

Snow: Dan, who are you choosing?

Dan: You're both so unique, but I have to choose.. Bella!

Snow: Bella Ferraro is advancing to the Knockouts as part of #TeamDan!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Holly Henry is now available to steal!

*no one would turn*
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
7. CARRIE UNDERWOOD vs. KACEY MUSGRAVES

SAM:
Hey girls. I think this was a good pairing because you both are country singers. You both were very similar in that both of your performances were honestly very boring and lacked any emotion. Carrie, I thought that the song was nice and your voice was beautiful and powerful, but I wish you really got into the song, which I didn’t feel that you did. Kacey, I thought your song was nice and relaxing, and your voice sounded nice, but it also bored me a lot. I wanted Katy to sing more and she didn’t, but when she did, I kind of liked her more than I liked you. I would definitely go with Carrie on this one. Good luck!

DAN:
I love a little bit of county and both of girls have brought that tonight, such clear, pretty voice, but for this round I would award Carrie with the win because dang at some of the notes she hit towards the end!

LAUREN:
Hey girls, I wasn't feeling this battle which is an absolute shock to me as I love country and this was the battle of the country.. I just don't feel that they were as good as your blind auditions and compared to the battles thus far it wasn't a stand out battle. I wish you both the best of luck though and I'm glad at leas one of you will be progressing into the knockouts as I love country and I KNOW you can both do better.

BERNEL:
My two country goddesses! You two took drastically different approaches to this and I think both paid off. Kacey, you really went straight down the middle with a good old classic country ballad, and you even had a special guest with you. Carrie, you took a bit of a bigger risk and you showed more of a vocal range and had a few bigger moments then we've seen previously.

Snow: Bernel, which act are you advancing to the Knockouts?

Snow: It's really hard to make this call, but I'm going to have to choose.. Carrie Underwood!

Snow: Carrie Underwood is the final artist making it through to the Knockouts tonight, coming in from #TeamBernel!

*clapping*
------------------------
Snow: Coaches, just a reminder, Kacey Musgraves is now available to steal!

*no one would turn*

Snow: Sorry Kacey, that means that you're officially eliminated. Everyone, give it up for Kacey Musgraves!

*clapping*
3298 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: So there you have it, the second night of Battles is now over!

Snow: Lauren has sent through Taylor Swift and has used both of her steals tonight on Hozier and Adele. Bernel has sent through Carrie  Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, and still has two steal remainings.

Snow: Dan has sent through Ella Henderson and Bella Ferraro and has one steal left, while Sam took Madilyn Bailey and Christina Perri, and has one steal remaining.

Snow: Join us tomorrow for the final round of Battles. I'm Snow, and from everyone at The Voice, goodnight!
3298 days 2 hours ago
domarco13
don't know whether to be upset or happy lol rejected by captain and still everyone wants me :P
3298 days 1 hour ago
Laurenjade121
domarco13
don't know whether to be upset or happy lol rejected by captain and still everyone wants me :P

Be happy you're still in the competition! I can't wait to see more from you!
3297 days 20 hours ago
Davidftw123
#TeamLauren is the best ty for taking me
3297 days 18 hours ago
lanadelrey_
Oh my god tysm Lauren & congrats Christina!
3297 days 16 hours ago
haycsclair
Oh my... Thanks, Coach Bernel! :-) *hugs*

To the other coaches, thank you for the comments. I will push myself harder next round. Thank you! :-)
3297 days 2 hours ago
garygbs2nd
#TeamSamFTW
good luck Hozier

open group

The Voice Season 4: The Battles

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!