This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S4E05- The Battles, Part 1

Topic » S4E05- The Battles, Part 1

3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
1. Celine Dion VS Tori Kelly #TeamDan
2. Pentatonix VS The Civil Wars #TeamLauren
3. BANKS VS Hilary Duff #TeamSam
4. Christina Aguilera VS Lana Del Rey #TeamLauren
5. Ed Sheeran VS Harrison Craig #TeamDan
6. P!nk VS Michael Buble #TeamBernel
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: Good evening and welcome to The Voice: THE BATTLES! Yes that's right, tonight we begin the exciting and often emotional stage of the competition that is #TheBattles.

Snow: Each coach has paired their team into 5 pairs of two, each much perform a song and each battle pairing must have a winner and a loser, but if another coach wants to steal an eliminated artist for themselves they can do, twice over, as this season each coach has two steals each!

Snow: Please welcome your coaches: Lauren, Dan, Sam and Bernel!

Snow: Let The Battles Begin..
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: First up, we start with #TeamDan, it's Celine Dion VS Tori Kelly!

LAUREN:
Ladies, that was a very interesting battle! You both really brought something great to the battle which was different to the other. Celine, I loved the thatrics of your part of the performance and Tori I loved the stillness and beauty of your voice. Tori I feel like you're prgressing more in this competition, but Celine always has a place in my heart. Either way I think whoever moves on will be a great addition to the knockouts. Best of luck!

SAM:
Hey girls! I thought that both of you did very good, but one did much better than the other. Celine, this was such a beautiful performance. The song was extremely nice and your vocals were excellent, I could definitely tell that you were feeling the emotions of the lyrics while you were singing. Tori, this was another great song from you, but I feel like it kind of paled in comparison to your previous performance. Your voice is beautiful, but I felt that the song was boring and lacked any depth to it. The winner of this battle is Celine, in my opinion. Good luck to both of you girls though!

BERNEL:
I really liked both of these performances, and I think it was a great start to the Battle rounds! Celine, I thought this was miles better than your Blind Audition performance. It showed much more of a stage prescence and you sounded better than you did when we last saw you, that's for sure.

But if we have to be fair, Tori absolutely stole this Battle for me. From start to finish, you had me absolutely captivated. This truly gave me chills, and in my mind this may be one of the best performances I've seen in all four seasons I've been on this show. You were that fucking good. Both of you were great, but Tori took this for me.

DAN:
Wow, wow, wow, you have both done #TEAMDAN proud, literally both incredible performances. Thanks for making this a super hard decision guys -_- Celine, your vocals were unbelievable and the song itself was great! Tori, just wow, I really connected with you and what you were singing, something that is super important for this competition. I think that all the coaches should consider using their steal because both of you could go far but taking everything into account...

Snow: Dan, who is the winner of this battle?

Dan: The winner of this battle is.. Tori!

Snow: *raises Tori's hand* Tori Kelly is moving on to #TheKnockouts!

*cheers*

*no coaches press their button*

Snow: Unfortunately Celine, you have been eliminated from the competition.
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: The second battle of the night comes from #TeamLauren - It's Pentatonix VS The Civil Wars!

DAN:
HAHA *Points at Lauren* This is going to be impossible, I'm glad I am not you ;) Civil Twilight, what an amazing cover, but for me I would give Pentatonix the win because theirs was more of their own interpretation rather than a cover, but both great and either way, good luck!

SAM:
Hey guys. I thought that this was a very interesting battle. PTX, at first, I felt like your song was going to be extremely boring, but I was pleasantly surprised. The acapella version and the beautiful vocals/harmonies from all of you made the song so good, and I thought it was excellent. Civil Wars, I thought that this was just okay, to be honest. I didn’t really like it except for when you guys were singing the bridge and the chorus. However, I will give you credit for doing a great job at making a unique cover of a classic song. I would give this battle to Pentatonix. Good luck both of you!

BERNEL:
I have to admit, going into this I thought Pentatonix would wipe the floor with Civil Wars, but I can't honestly say that happened here tonight! Civil Wars, I think this was the absolute performance to come out and do. You put a brilliant twist on an iconic song, and you stripped it down and you showed off all your vocal nuances that make you guys you, this was honestly a perfect performance.

Pentatonix, that isn't to say that you didn't absolutely kill that song either. You also put your own twist on that song and you made it absolutely your own. Your vocal skills never cease to amaze me. I don't know, I love both of you so much and I think that either one of you can honestly get stolen.

LAUREN:
*claps*
Guys, what a great battle! I think you can see why I paired you and that's because you're both so unique and so special that it made for a great battle. You have your own definition of what "The Voice" is and that's why I'm so grateful to have you on my team. Your vocals were on point, both of you! This decision is never easy and I'm always dreading it, but I have to make a decision based on this battle..

Snow: Lauren, who is the winner of this battle?

Lauren: The winner of this battle is.. Pentatonix!

Snow: *raises Pentatonix's hands* Pentatonix are moving onto #TheKnockouts!

*cheers*

Snow: Sorry Civil Wars, but this is the end of the road for you. Thank you for being a part of the show.
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: Next into the battle ring, from #TeamSam, it's BANKS VS Hilary Duff!

LAUREN:
Hey girls, I don't think I've ever watched a battle like that in four season tbh, I don't know how I feel about it. Both of you are great additions to Team Sam, but I have to say I'm all about #TeamUnique and for that reason the winner of this battle would be BANKS for me. Good luck!

DAN:
*clapping* Well done girls, two very different performance so it's hard to compare. BANKS- I loved the middle where your vocal picked up and the end where you were super gentle, the beginning was not the best for me and Hilary you were singing a less challengeing vocal but had a lot of fun with it. It's close but I would go with Hilary :) good luck

BERNEL:
Banks, I don't think this was as good as your Blind Audition. Your voice seemed really shaky and I'm not sure if your problem is nerves, or what was going on, but this just didn't really work for me. But kudos to you for using a live performance.

Hilary, I think that your voice was kind of odd in this. It sounded a bit higher pitched than before, and the song didn't feature singing as much as it did rhythmic talking. So I'm not really sure who I would pick to win this battle.

SAM:
Hey girls! Okay, for me, these performances were drastically different, as were my opinions of them. Banks, I absolutely loved this. It was so beautiful and intense and unlike anything I have heard before. You can do so many things with your voice that are amazing and strange, but in a beautiful way. Hilary, I thought your song was good, but it seemed more like a teen bop about your adventures around the world than a meaningful song that would move me. Your voice is nice, but it kind of sounded the same throughout, and got annoying. You both are excellent, but I think I know who is the more intriguing singer and who I want to see more of.

Snow: Sam, who is the winner of this battle?

Sam: The winner of this battle is.. BANKS!

Snow: *raises BANKS hand* BANKS moving onto #TheKnockouts!

*cheers*

Snow: Hilary, you've been great, but you've become a casualty of The Battles!
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: Back onto #TeamLauren now, it's Christina Aguilera VA Lana Del Rey!

DAN:
Dang Lauren, why did you put these against each other? :O I think based one power and vocal control Christina blows Lana out of the water, but I feel like Lana's voice is more rare and would be a bigger loss to the competition because she is so unique, but Christina is a powerhouse who will bring unforgettable performances, I am stumped, good luck Lauren!

SAM:
Hey girls! I think this is an interesting pairing, as I feel like you girls are very different. However, I think it worked well. Xtina, the song was beautiful (no pun intended) and your voice sounds very unique and so powerful. Lana, this was so different and mysterious and absolutely beautiful. I felt so intrigued by Lana, so I would probably pick her to move on. Good luck to both of you!

BERNEL:
The battle of the night so far! Two gorgeous ladies, two completely different singers, and two dynamic performances. Christina, the raw emotion and power in your voice is simply incomparable. Several other people sound like you, but no one else can DO what you do darling.That's what makes you a star.

Lana, this performance was just as haunting and chilling as your audition. Your sing-rap style is simply stunning, and I'm quite frankly obsessed with everything about you. I think that you can take it all the way to the end. I love both of you, and I can't pick a winner, but I think either of you can get stolen honestly.

LAUREN:
*claps*
Ladies that was amazing! Honestly, I was so happy when both of you chose me in the battles because you are both great singers and you just showed how great you both are. You did what you did well x10 and you've made this decision so hard for me. Both of you deserve to be in The Knockouts so I hope whoever I don't take gets snapped up right away. This is a tough one..

Snow: Lauren, a tough decision, who is the winner of this battle?

Lauren: The winner of this battle is.. *sighs* Lana!

Snow: *raises Lana's hand* Lana Del Rey moves onto #TheKnockouts!

*cheers*

*Sam slams his button*
*Bernel hits his button*
*Dan doesn't push*

Snow: WE HAVE TWO STEALS! Christina, both Sam and Bernel have chosen to steal you. The power is now in your hands, which coach do you want to work with moving into The Knockouts?

Christina: I have to go with.. Sam!

Snow: Christina Aguilera joins #TeamSam for The Knockouts! Go down and meet your new coach!

*cheers*
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: Moving back over to #TeamDan for the penultimate battle of the night. It's Ed Sheeran VS Harrison Craig!

LAUREN:
That was a great battle boys! Firstly Ed, that was an amazing stripped back and true vocal performance, it gave me everything I expected from you as an artist and much more. You're a talented young man and for sure deserve a spot in The Knockouts! Harrison, that was great also, I love this song, it's such a deep meaningful song and you definitly showed that side of the song. Best of luck to you boys!

SAM:
Wow, hey guys! Both of you did an excellent job. Ed, I really liked the nice, laid-back, acoustic version of your song, and I thought you sounded beautiful. Harrison, I didn’t think I would like it due to the bland song choice, but it was actually very nice! The vocals were excellent, and the song was actually really nice. I would probably choose Ed if I had to pick. Good luck!

BERNEL:
This was another excellent battle, both of you did quite well. Ed, your sound and soul were so palpable, this song really connected with all of us. I think that lyrically, you've proven yourself to be a truly exceptional artist.

Harrison, you really held your own too. This is one of the coolest songs of all time, and singing it isn't easy. But you didn't get nervous, and you just let your vocals take center stage, and at the end of the day that's all you can really do. For me, Ed won this battle, but I really loved both of you!

DAN:
*Standing ovation* I hate that I have to lose one of you because you both just delivered beautiful performances, seriously good! Harrison, your voice makes me melt, it is so clear and clean, and Ed, similaly got a smooth voice with lovely little runs through-out! But I have to make a decision..

Snow: Dan, who is the winner of this battle?

Dan: The winner of this battle is.. Ed!

Snow: *raises Ed's hand* Ed moves onto #TheKnockouts!

*cheers*

*no coaches turn*

Snow: Sorry Harrison, you have been eliminated from the competition!
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: The final battle of the night comes from #TeamBernel. It's P!nk VS Michael Buble!

LAUREN:
*stands and claps*
That was a great battle! I literally loved both performances for different reasons. Pink, that was such an emotional performance full of lyrical meaning and your perfect vocals made it beautiful. Michael, that was also such an amazing performance. You're charming and very attractive might I add. I'd love to see both of you in The Knockouts, both of you deserve it and let me just say this now, if no one steals the loser I'm stealing them because you both deserve it. Best of luck!

DAN:
This battle was really surprising for me, I expected P!nk to come out and do an uptempo song and Michael to do a slow song, so good job on mixing it up guys :) I think that P!nk killed it, she was live and the song had a great meaning in contrast to typical trash songs released today, so I think P!nk is the clear winner of this battle. Michael was a bit cheezy and I just think based on that performance it was not good enough, sorry :P

SAM:
Hey guys! I liked both of your performances. Pink, I loved this. I thought the message was excellent, and your voice was beautiful. Michael, I liked the happy feeling of the song, and I thought you sounded good. I would probably pick Pink because it was such a beautiful song and the lyrics were written very well, but Michael did excellent too. Good luck to you both!

BERNEL:
*giving a standing ovation*

Ugh, two of my babies! Just know, that whatever goes down, I'm extremely proud of you both! Both of you took my criticisms and utilized them and gave me exactly what I was looking for, which makes this decision all the harder.

Pink, you let your voice shine with what was a 1000x more emotional and connected performance then we first saw in your Blind Audition. You really showcased your ability to show your vulnerable side, and you really just gave it to us!

Michael, I really loved this! It was more energetic then I expected, I did ask for a ballad, but I really enjoyed this on its' own. It made me smile and dance in my seat. The one thing holding me back would be how much auto-tune I could hear in this song.

Snow: Bernel, who is the winner of this battle?

Bernel: The winner of this battle is.. P!nk!

Snow: *raises P!nk's hand* P!nk is moving onto #TheKnockouts!

*cheers*

*Lauren goes to push*
*Dan hits his button*
*Lauren and Sam do not push*

Snow: WE HAVE A STEAL! Michael, Dan has pushed his button and saved you in this competition. You're moving onto #TheKnockouts as part of #TeamDan!

Snow: Go down and meet your new coach!

*cheers*
3299 days 3 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Snow: Well there you have it, the first night of #TheBattles is over. Eight acts have made it into #TheKnockouts - Tori Kelly (#TeamDan), Pentatonix (#TeamLauren), BANKS (#TeamSam), Lana Del Rey (#TeamLauren), Ed Sheeran (#TeamDan), P!nk (#TeamBernel) and of course our two stolen artists of the night: Christina Aguilera (#TeamSam) and Michael Buble (#TeamDan)!

Snow: Join us tomorrow for the second night of The Battles. Only 20 spots remain in The Knockouts! From all of here at The Voice, goodnight!
3299 days 2 hours ago
burkett8975
honestly though I don't think these coaches have ear buds.
3299 days 2 hours ago
Giraffez
YES YES YES YES YES YES BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT BITCHES
3299 days 1 hour ago
PublicEnemy01
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH :D :) <3
3299 days ago
MJFJUNE
Thank you so much Dan <3
3298 days 22 hours ago
lanadelrey_
Yay for Lana! im not using her this season but I <3 her
3298 days 19 hours ago
Laurenjade121
Well done all!

open group

The Voice Season 4: The Battles

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!