This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Immunity Challenge #12: Liar's Dice | Nassau

Topic » Immunity Challenge #12: Liar's..

710 days 14 hours ago
CarolinaSteele
Immunity Challenge #12 | LIAR’S DICE

Today you guys will be playing Liar’s Dice, a game taken directly from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. The object of the game is to be the first person to correctly call out someone’s bluff (or lie). This game will be played in multiple matches/rounds (the amount and groups will be decided when the time comes so I can see how many people are actually playing) and the person to win the final round will win immunity.

To start, Brady or I will roll 5 dice for each person playing and send them to you in your prod chats. YOU MUST NOT SHARE WHAT YOUR DICE ARE TO ANYBODY ELSE! Once everyone in the round is ready, the challenge will start and the order of people’s turns will be randomized.

During your turn, you will be bidding what dice you think are on the table altogether (your dice AND your opponents dice). Because you only know the 5 dice you have, lying or guessing may come into effect, but don’t let your opponents figure out you’re lying! When it is your turn, you can do one of these three bidding options:

Up the bid, same face (ex. three 5’s to four 5’s)
Up the bid, change the face (ex. three 5’s to four 2’s)
Same bid, higher face (ex. four 2’s to four 3’s)

Bid = the amount of dice you are staring is on the table
Face = the number on the dice that you are calling out

You CANNOT lower the bid. (ex. The previous bid was four 5’s, you can bid three 5’s or three 2’s, etc.). Once you make a bid, your turn is done and the next person goes. You keep going around until someone calls someone else out if they believe their bid is incorrect (ex. Someone bids twelve 2’s but then gets called out and everyone’s dice are revealed.) Going by the example bid, if there are Twelve 2’s or more on the table, the person who said the bid wins the round as it was correct. If there are less than twelve 2’s the person who called out the bid wins the round.

For calling out someone’s bluff, simply state something along the lines of “I call out ___’s bluff” so I know to stop the game and reveal the results. You can call someone out whenever, you don’t wait until it’s your turn. I (Kirsten) will reveal the results of everyone’s dice and reveal who wins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUICK REVIEW OF RULES:
1. When it is your turn, you have 2 MINUTES to say your bid in this CHALLENGE FORUM.

2. You cannot share your dice with ANYONE, it will be rolled for you in your prod chats.

3. Call out someone’s bluff right after they make their bid, don’t wait for your turn to come around! But Be aware that calling someone’s bluff ends the game so there is a strategy to this game!

4. Write your bids as CLEAR as possible as we’re saying a lot of numbers. This would be the clearest way: Four 2’s or Three 5’s, etc. If you’re the first person to go, you cannot bid over Three for the first turn or it defeats the purpose of the game.

Attached here is a video of a guy I found on Youtube breaking this game/scene down when it appears in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest movie. I know watching visuals helps me understand better rather than just reading so maybe you will find this helpful too! Start the video at 0:32 and go till roughly 1:20. But then starting at 2:32, the guy breaks down the game and explains the motives and such of the players in the movie, and I found that part to actually be the most helpful part.

This challenge will start at 7:30pm EST and the amount of rounds will be deciphered once I see who is all here and playing. Please do ask questions if you have any, we are posting this early because there are a lot of words to explain it but I promise it is actually really easy to grasp once you play!
710 days 13 hours ago
jakehou97
here
710 days 13 hours ago
CarolinaSteele
Okay TESTER ROUND:

Chandler vs. Jake. vs. Vanessa
710 days 12 hours ago
CoachWade
*This challenge took place entirely in the Discord server.

Vanessa has won individual immunity and a guaranteed spot in the f5!

open group

BK’s Survivor S15: Coming Soon

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!