This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TRV:E2 Topic 1

Topic » TRV:E2 Topic 1

3016 days 15 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Meghan Trainor recently released her latest music video, "NO." The video and song seems to be a new style for the "All About That Bass" singer. What do you think about this new side of Meghan?

Video:
3016 days 15 hours ago
SummerRae101
I really dislike it.. It seems as if she's trying too hard to be something different.. She seems uncomfortable to me.. I feel as if she's trying to turn herself into a sex symbol, and she ust looks uncomfortable with it
3016 days 14 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Okay, so I love Meghan's new look, and I like the idea of her new song, and I expect this new side to get better,
But her dancing is atrocious and I agree with Kylie in many ways, she's trying so hard to be sorta like Beyoncé in a way.
Like, her voice sorta seems forced.
The lyrics are sassy and fierce, and I like that. But it just needs to be delivered differently because Meghan is amazing.
Her title days were sorta vanilla, but this side, ATM is sorta rough.
3016 days 14 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Personally, I LOVED this! The song give me this very late 90's/early 00's vibe I love so much. The video was fierce and sure it's not what she is typically seen doing, but I don't see any issue with it. Unlike the Miley's of the world, Meghan has the vocal chops and the passion to be sexy, yet classy at the same time. She isn't swinging on wrecking balls, so to me this was a great start to transitioning her sound and style.
3016 days 13 hours ago
kaylee21
I love it! Nevermind the music video, listen to the SONG itself, i love the message, i love the vibe of it. It's speaking about saying "No" to the sleazy guys that try & hit on girls in clubs and try to do too much. I love it, it's basically 3:43 minutes of her spilling tea on the men of this generation. #Sorrynotsorry
3016 days 13 hours ago
kaylee21
And i have to agree with Carly, i do love that she's trying to change up her sound. Music has been around for YEARS & YEARS, singers and performers can't do the same old, same old. They have to switch things up and make it sound fresh and appealing. I personally like this new sound to her, she still is staying true to herself by making this "Sassy" anthem, because she's proven to be this sassy blonde bombshell that'll belt out a tune speaking about todays issues.
3016 days 12 hours ago
imprincearthur
I agree with Carly 100%, This is a new side of Megan and i was amazed by this side but there are a few things wrong 1.The Dancing is Horrible and i honestly do not think horrible is a word for her dancing. 2.In some lyrics, it sounds like she is rapping which is ok but Meghan i don't think she fits the rapping side of the music world. But overall i was still pretty impressed with Ms.Trainor and if i had to rate her new song on a scale it would get a 8.5/10.
3016 days 3 hours ago
Jacob_C
Okay, FIRST things first can we just appreciate that the random hot dude I stalk on instagram who was my man crush last week has OFFICIALLY been selected as the latest Armani model!!!!

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2016/03/23/pietro-boselli-armani-model-contract/

The fact he is a math lecturer just adds to his hotness!

Anyway to the point at hand. I LOVE MEGHAN TRAINER AND THIS SONG IS LIT AF!

Kylie, you are talking all about how she is turning herself into a sex symbol but this is a completely misguided statement which I see now real justification for. Like sure, in the second verse shit gets racy but I don't see that as her exploiting her own self, I see it as her being a confident woman who dosesn't need a man to validate her. The message in this song is so strong and just give me so many reasons to love Meghan.

I love the fact that Meghan can come up with catchy ballads about stuff relevant in today's society. Do NOT get me wrong, I love a good song about BOOTY but it is nice to see people singing about more motivational and inspiring stuff rather than superficial stuff like having a big big booty.

Like Carly alluded to, this song is so unapologetically 00's it isn't funny and it is giving me all the throwbacks tot he early works of the likes Britney Spears and Gwen Stefani. There is something about this song is so nostalgic.  I don't know what happened to music in 2015, but if it weren't for Taylor Rihanna and Adele we really wouldn't have any songs worth considering iconic or memorable because everything was the same. The fact Meghan is taking a new musical direction is refreshing. She has changed her style enough to make a noticeable difference, but still somehow kept continuity between her new sound and her sound in Title.

Meghan is basically a queen and shes only been around for 2 years. She is one to watch. I definite legend in the making.
3014 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
CAN I HAVE THAT GUY LECTURE ME?!
3014 days 14 hours ago
Giraffez
I'm sorry summer but I don't see how you get any of that she is basically following her normal route of her songs with a strong message this one is no means no leave me alone you fucking creep and I love that this is the kind of music that there should be more of songs with meanings in them and not just look at my ass isn't nice or look at my boobs watch them jiggle I love this song and I would say more 90's then 00's honestly only with the moves are so 90's rap ish to me.
3014 days 14 hours ago
Giraffez
I'm sorry summer but your wrong she's giving what she does messages in her songs and this one is no means no leave me the fuck alone you creep and I just love those kinds of songs and there needs to be more of them just yeah love it.
3014 days 14 hours ago
carlyjordan14
CLOSED

open group

EMPTY GROUP #4 - CJ14

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!