This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM18 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM18 - Challenge &..

865 days 10 hours ago
spinfur
==Malaika Firth - Arcane==

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/561d491de4b0a346c033d854/1536248768097-C6XHSIKA244S7D83VL9P/RC042718_BOTEGAVENETTA_001.jpg

One of the biggest hits at the moment on Netflix is a show called Arcane based on the video game league of legends. Arcane follows a few main characters including Vi, a tough chick from the lower half of the city trying to find her sister Powder, and Jayce a council leader debating through the struggles of keeping the people happy while also keeping power in the city.

However one of the major characters in Arcana is Jinx formerly known as Powder. You see Jinx has this moral dilemma of being the sweet and caring Powder from what she was raised with while she was with her sister, and also the crazy and unpredictable Jinx who she was forced to be because of events that transpired.

One of the more powerful moments is when Jinx is by herself and debating with herself about whos her true family, Vi or Cisco?

So for my photoshoot I tried my best to relate to that
865 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
863 days 20 hours ago
tast519
Jon –
Merry Christmas, everyone! Jerard better be paying us judges time and  a half for judging on Christmas. Jk, judging is actually a nice distraction to my horrible day quite honestly. Onto my critiques! PS if my critique is negative, I’m sorry. I don’t want to offend anyone, especially on Christmas, but I have to be honest as an NTM judge. Please if possible don’t take it to heart; it’s all love.

•        Tanya – your option 2 is stunning! It’s an awesome portrayal of your theme and it’s probably one of my favorite photos of you in this competition

•        Reece - you portrayed Rahim exceptionally well. You guys are twins!

•        Shanina - I was initially worried when looking at the photo because of the emotion the man in the video had. However, what you're  portaying is the man AFTER feeling calm and comfortable. So, I think this is an excellent take. Shanina, I must say,  you've been improving so much from week to week, to the point where I think you have a pretty good shot at final 5. As a top model fan, the model I always found myself rooting for was the one that started off shaky, but improved and made it far, and you’re that girl! I'm proud and you should feel proud of yourself too.

•        Luka – I sympathize. I’ve been there during my cycle and it feels exhausting and surprisingly emotional to feel like the person you chose ran out of photos, and I know that it’s even worse for Luka given his portfolio. I’m sorry. The fact that you made it this far, despite your model selection is very impressive and speaks on how good you are at this game. <3 But, I also have to say, as soon as you give up on yourself in this game, it gives me and potentially the other judges permission to give up on you too. It’s a shame you’re giving up, because I think these past two weeks have sort of been a rebound for you imo. This photo’s definitely hits that home alone, youthful, winter theme, but it’s not quite as strong as the first three models I judged.

•        Sasha - I definitely see A, and I appreciate the fashion twist.

•        Malaika - You're definitely at that emotionally fragile. You hit that very well. Unfortunately, since most of your competition took this theme and portrayed all aspects (emotions, looks, etc.) and not just emotion, your photo feels like it's lacking. This truly exemplifies how “great” doesn’t cut it for final 5. Excellence is what’s necessary.
862 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Judge Jhona's Comments:

Sasha
This is super creepy, just like ‘A’ was in the scenes that you showed us. There was a bit of a fashion twist but I do still think it works very well especially since you’ve got that whole eerie vibe going. This is nice, good job!

Luka
I’m so sorry that you’ve had a tough time in this competition. I admire and appreciate how much you’ve pushed through despite all of the negative critiques you’ve gotten but just know it’s never over til it’s over, and I’m speaking from experience LMAO. But on to the photo………
I actually don’t think this photo is half bad. It’s giving holiday, it’s giving playful, youthful, I can see a lot of Home Alone in this. I would’ve loved if it was a bit more playful or a bit more youthful, but this isn’t horrible.

Malaika
Once again, I think this is a beautiful photo. You never fail to serve face in all of your photos. I do think looking into the mirror is a nice touch because it does relate a lot to Jinx’s predicament. But I do think it lacks the intensity and the overall craziness of Jinx’s character and of the scene in general. But good job nonetheless.

Reece
I LOVE those tattoos! Rahim is just a hot guy who doesn’t have to do much to get attention and right now you’re being hot and  not doing too much to get my attention so good job.

Shanina
Not you eating this photo up. I’m not going to lie, I also was a little skeptical of your photo based on the clip that you sent but seeing that this is supposed to be the character after they’ve come to terms with the situation, I actually do really like it. You look cool as a cucumber and it works. Good job!

Tanya
To start off, I do want to say I actually did laugh at that Golden Girls scene that you posted and I definitely plan on giving it a try sometime soon. However, I don’t really see how much your photo really relates to that scene (other than the fashion of course). Golden Girls seems like it has a really funny and upbeat vibe whereas the photo is giving dark and…not upbeat lol. I really liked your second photo though, I think it was a great portrayal of Sam and just Sam’s whole situation altogether. Good job!
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Tanya (The Golden Girls/Glee) - Your first photo, I must say looks pretty gorgeous but was quite a stretch on relating it with The Golden Girls, especially since what you presented somehow didn't live up to the colorful fashion. Now, for your second shot, I must say it kind of connected better than the first shot, though wasn't as polished. It does look very raw and portrays vulnerability quite well.

Reece (Sex Education) - Now you do resemble quite a bit with Rahim and that itself would be to your advantage. Rahim didn't even do anything in that clip other than walking but his presence lights up the whole school. Your photo was good, not a "wow" moment but definitely something you'd pause in while looking at a magazine.

Shanina (Cast Away) - Well I myself got nervous when I saw what path you took for this photoshoot, and I am not the only one looking at how the first two judges' reacted with your shot. Now, going with your explanation I must say this was a solid shot. Not the best I've seen you but very well something solid for tonight's competition.

Sasha (Pretty Little Liars) - I was waiting for something stunning and mindblowing tonight, and I am glad someone did, you did. Fashion-forward, I do see the dress going well with the theme, you did portray "A" and added your own twist, the modelesque way. I believe this is one of your strongest shots to date.

Luka (Home Alone) - First of all, I love the monochromatic theme you are giving me here. Your experience here definitely was hard, but I do admire your courage but never give up; many winners never really did "good" the first weeks some even took until the semis to WOW us. Your shot wasn't bad, it's giving the winter vibe as well, not the best but certainly not the worst of the night.

Malaika (Arcane) - Well that was quite an end for tonight. This definitely was unexpected. I do agree with how the judges perceived this shot. Your strong point Malaika is definitely showing your vulnerable side, no doubt about that. The "intensity" as Judge Jhona said I can definitely see missing in your shot which would definitely get this higher points.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
The panel will be posted in a few minutes, with also some announcements.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
First of all, Happy Holidays everyone!
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
An early morning panel today where one of you will be joining our second wave.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
If you're currently present, do not hesitate to join in.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
Judge Garrett is enjoying his holiday thus not making it to our panel today.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
On that note, the last score you will get is the average score of the three judges' score.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
Thank you very much for joining our Weeks' 9 and 10, Judge Jhona it's been a pleasure having you here.
862 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
That said, the scores that you will get is based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE (10%) + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) (40%) = TOTAL (50%)

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!