This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM16 - Semi-Finals

1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS (Flowers):

Naty (Yellow Rose) - Was a very interesting choice of flower, with that fiery brand just shaping you, a yellow rose, a fun flower was definitely an unexpected choice. I must say it did work pretty well in your favor. While you did present us an obvious flower garment, you certainly hit the theme but you did managed to present us what you stated in your explanation.

Ajak (Azalea) - This was just STUNNING! I love how you just went to connect your chosen flower with your photo. You definitely did not need to bring an actual flower to present us something, you did this shoot smartly and it came out pretty well. The connection was easily seen. The lightness of your dress that is very close to azalea's softness yet it's poison that is lurking in your facial expression was just solid.

Xi (Yellow Carnation) - The softness in this shot really feels like carnation, the gentleness of the flower you captured pretty well. The deep meaning behind the flower you really managed to present to us. This actually works really well for me. You certainly are giving us pure emotions with your shots.

Jacob (Blue Poppy) - Being the last remaining guy in a competition with very strong female casts has its advantages and disadvantages. Male definitely don't have as much as over-the-top photos as much as the girls so you have to take the competition smartly and I think you did. I must say this wasn't a strong shot, one of your worst ones I believe so but you did make it work and connect it to the flower.

Caroline (Black Rose) - Oh wow this is an interesting shot Caroline. Every time I see you step in front of the camera you just keeps getting better and better. This shot was really good. You definitely look like a black widow who is out for some revenge. The full colors and you contrasting it with a black full on was just smart you stands out.
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS (Fire and Ice):

Naty - There's no doubt in my mind that you would have chosen fire because you live through that brand. I do believe however that you could have showed that fire in like a different path, like literally pick one photo of yours, while this one is just pure red you just can't be seen easily, I think you could do better than this.

Ajak - While you also took the fire theme literally, this one actually works. You are showing these models why should they see you as a competition you just did. You are serving us FIRE, you just met my expectations with regards to these theme.

Xi - This is actually one of your better submission, or I should say this is one of the submissions I saw you going at because this is the level Xi gave us before. I didn't feel royalty with this shot but you definitely did give this very commanding and intense leader. This is a great shot.

Jacob - I believe this is a good shot, one of your better ones for this semifinals, although I must say your performance was quite limited you did work on what you have. This fits the theme but again not a stand out.

Caroline - This one is beautiful Caroline, I did expect you to choose Ice, well you look like an ice queen first of all. I did wanna see some details and maybe had this shot a little bit clearer, the details would have made this 10x more amazing. But overall it's still a great job.
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS (Hometown):

Naty (Kyiv, Ukraine) - What a way to end this semifinals! This shot hits the mark clearly for the theme, and this is on another level compared to your three submissions. This feels very commercial and you are selling that whole outfit. You've come this far and I believe you are not stopping, congratulations!

Ajak (Tonj, South Sudan) - Well you started the bar high enough but you definitely finished it higher. Ajak, one thing I could describe you is groundbreaking, that's been your word besides being an innovative you are. The variety in your every shot was just so refreshing to see. You completely rocked it out and tell the others you deserve a spot in the finale.

Xi (Shanghai, China) - First, Congratulations Xi on making it through the semis, you deserved it. Now you are finishing this shoot with something good as well. You did a good job on showing us the technology advancement of your hometown. The aesthethics here are just beautiful as well. And it certainly looks like a commercial ad.

Jacob (New York, USA) - Well this is hands down your best shot this semifinals, I can't say this was my most favorite shot of yours but it's up there. This is just a very unique take but really works. And it is definitely a shot I will remember from you. Congratulations Jacob, as the last man standing you did a really solid performance.

Caroline (Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) - This shot was good Caroline, you surprised me the most out of the five to be honest. I believe this was my least favorite out of your four submissions, but guess what? It's still a very very solid shot. But again you definitely connected your roots to this shot and it shows. Good job!
1352 days 8 hours ago
nikw98
Lenox's Comments-

TO LIFE:
Naty: I like this a lot! I think you definitely captured a version of alice that i wasn't expecting. When someone thinks of the book, they think of how colorful it is and how over the top the book is, but the character alice, at first, isn't colorful at all. In fact, her world is very dull. I think you hit the mark on this one fantastically!

Ajak: I like this shot a lot as well! I think there's a lot of emotion going on in this shot and it's proving why you're here in this competition. Great job!

Xi: This shot is haunting. So far, i'm just judging off of this shot, and it's clear you are the most confident in conveying your emotions. It's breathtaking. Fantastic job!

Jacob: I'm going to be fairly honest and say this shot didn't do it for me. Based on the other 3 i've judged, this one doesn't compare. It's a good shot, don't get me wrong, but this is the semi final. I need you to be giving it your ALL and your all just wasn't there in THIS shot. I'm hoping it will be in the other shots i'm judging.

Caroline: I think this shot is incredible. It's such a weird but great take on Harry potter and i think you did a wonderful job this week!

FLOWERS:
Naty: While i do like this shot, I don't really see it as a stand out. I want to see shots that would be seen as the FACE of the season and you've delivered  them before! Good job.

Ajak: Excuse my french, but FUCK. I feel everything you're saying. The photo and outfit is somewhat light and cute and beautiful, but you capture something dark and sinister, almost poisonous. This flower was the perfect choice for you because you delivered in a VERY strong way! Great job!

Xi: Once again you five me another shot where your emotion is superb. I like this shot a lot. It's not too over the top, but it shows exactly why you've made it this far. Great job!

Jacob: I love this. I think i agree with Jon when i say this is definitely a photo that is lifted up by it's description. The more i look at it, the more i see every word of what you described. Fantastic job!

Caroline: I like this shot a lot. I think it's dramatic in the best way and truly shows what you can do with a shot. The description is spot on and it's just all around, great.

HOMETOWN:

Naty: I see what you were going for, but i just don't think it hits the nail on the head. It's a great photo, for sure, but it's not the semi final shot i'm looking for.

Ajak: This shot is incredibly beautiful. I think you did a phenomenal job with this and you should be extremely proud of yourself!

Xi: I don't think this is the best representation of your hometown. I think the shot itself is good but i get a huge disconnect from Shanghai.

Jacob: THIS is a shot that can represent this cycle. Shots like this are defining moments and i am SO happy that you chose this moment to use it. Fantastic job!

Caroline: I like this shot a lot. I like that you own the shot and the shot doesn't own you. It's a very very great job at showing where you're from and you should be VERY proud of yourself!
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1352 days 8 hours ago
humanwebjet1
*stands in the lineup*
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
If you are currently here, do not hesitate to join in.
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
I have now the results. Goodluck models!
1352 days 8 hours ago
spinfur
*Caroline stands in the line up nervous*
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Judge Garrett has send me his scores for the semifinals.
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
SCORES (Averages of.):

To Life
Flowers
Fire and Ice
Hometown

TOTAL (40 points)
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Who is going to make it to our finale?
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Will it be the Innovative South Sudanese #AjakDeng?
1352 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Will it be the Lavish Brazilian #CarolineTrentini?

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!