This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM7 - Challenge & Photoshoot (3)

Topic » #NTM7 - Challenge &..

3118 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
We're still waiting for the judges to comment :)
3118 days 11 hours ago
WitZ
Laura's Judging Comments

Ann Ward (#TeamBarbie) : I love the simple style of the shot. It seems to fit in with the era and I like it.
Lacey Rogers (#TeamLenox) : I like this shot of you. It shows that you are more than just a high fashion model. Good work here.
Jolin Tsai (#TeamCoco) : I see the idea behind the shot but I don't like the shot itself. It is just too weird for me and not in a good way.
Arlenis Sosa (#TeamCoco) : I love how effortless you look in this shot. You shot true grace and beauty which is right out of the 50's. Good work.
Alexander Ludwig (#TeamCoco) : Simple but cute. I think you need to try and target a higher audience though. I see this more in a teen magazine than in a mag like GQ.
Ashley Michaelsen (#TeamBarbie) : For me I like this shot but I think it is a bit dated for the time you got. If you were given 70's or even 60's then I would have given you a much higher score.
Shei Phan (#TeamOphelie) : I don't like the proportions or the pose in this photo. Overall it just looks weird in my opinion.
Adriana Lima (#TeamCoco) : Finally! This is what I have been waiting for. I love this shot. You look fantastic and you have nailed the era. Well done!
Sean O'Pry (#TeamOphelie) : I like this shot. Unlike some of the other more weird shots this is good weird. It is interesting and it fits the era. Good job.
Nyle DiMarco (#TeamCoco) : This looks boring in my opinion. After such a powerful first shot I feel you have steadily being getting worse. Please try and wow me once again.
Soo Joo (#TeamBarbie) : I like this. It shows that you are more than just an editorial girl. Overall it is a bit boring but I like it.
Fatima Siad (#TeamLenox) : Woah.. strong, sexy, fun and powerful. I really like this shot of you. Keep up the hard work!
Josh Dribble (#TeamBarbie) : I like this but like many of the photos this shoot it is just a bit boring. Nothing special in my eyes.
Barbara Palvin (#TeamLenox) : When I saw the top half of this shot when it loaded I was like WOW... but then the bottom half loaded. I don't get why you posed that way with your legs?
Georgina Wilson (#TeamLenox) : Woah! This looks HOT! You look stunning here. Men want to be with you and women want to be you. Well done.
Xiao Wen Ju (#TeamOphelie) : I like how unlike many others with the older years you didn't date your photo. It has a rather modern twist and I like that.
Lindsey Wixson (#TeamOphelie): I am loving your eyes in this shot. They are completely mesmerizing. Good job.
Jenah Doucette (#TeamCoco) : Another weird shot that looks good. I like the posing being more interesting and so I commend you on that.

Adriana Lima (#TeamCoco) : 9.4
Georgina Wilson (#TeamLenox) : 9.4
Fatima Siad (#TeamLenox) : 9.3
Lindsey Wixson (#TeamOphelie) : 9.0
Xiao Wen Ju (#TeamOphelie) : 8.8
Arlenis Sosa (#TeamCoco) : 8.7
Sean O'Pry (#TeamOphelie) : 8.5
Jenah Doucette (#TeamCoco) : 8.4
Josh Dribble (#TeamBarbie) : 8.4
Ashley Michaelsen (#TeamBarbie) : 8.4
Lacey Rogers (#TeamLenox) : 8.4
Alexander Ludwig (#TeamCoco) : 8.3
Ann Ward (#TeamBarbie) : 8.3
Soo Joo (#TeamBarbie) : 8.3
Nyle DiMarco (#TeamCoco) : 8.1
Jolin Tsai (#TeamCoco) : 7.8
Shei Phan (#TeamOphelie) : 7.8
Barbara Palvin (#TeamLenox) : 7.8

Overall, you all did pretty well. The was a few of you that really nailed this and a few that made mistakes but my biggest issue is with the people who are floating in the middle of the road. You have to continue to push the envelope! Just being boring or safe is not always the best thing. Best of luck to everyone :P
3118 days 5 hours ago
KarmaArrived
Me when the hair was the most popular look of the 90's and not just the grunge side of it
3118 days 4 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::CARLY'S COMMENTS AND SCORES:::::

50's ERA:
- Adriana Lima #TeamCoco
Very chic! I love the styling and the sexiness of pose. It’s a modern take on the 50’s and that hairstyle is EVERYTHING! Excellent work!

- Arlenis Sosa #TeamCoco
How is this anything more than a beauty shot? In addition this isn’t high fashion or showcasing anything resembling a specific era, including the 50’s. You need to do much more than just a simple shot for upcoming tasks if you plan on sticking around.

- Xiao Wen Ju #TeamOphelie
You PERFECTLY captured the spirt of the 50’s along with the fashion! This may be a simple shot, but you managed to convey the essence of what it was like to be a 50’s woman. The styling is on point, the way your giving side eye as you delicately hold your purse. THIS is what I expected to see out of this task and you did it excellently! Great work, Xiao!

- Lindsey Wixson #TeamOphelie
Work that 50’s era, honey! That is how you style a 50s woman and still keep it looking fierce. I love the pose and the face your giving me. The styling is on point and overall this is a great shot!

- Adriana Lima #TeamCoco = 9.8
- Arlenis Sosa #TeamCoco = 6.0
- Xiao Wen Ju #TeamOphelie = 10.0
- Lindsey Wixson #TeamOphelie = 9.7
3118 days 4 hours ago
carlyjordan14
60's ERA:
- Josh Dibble #TeamBarbie
Aside from the small picture, is this really the best you could find to work for this task? I think you meant well, but I’m not seeing the connection with the 60’s. The 50’s maybe, but the 60’s not as much.

- Barbara Palvin #TeamLenox
Not a fan of the pose, but the styling is ON POINT! You look fantastic in this 60’s inspired look and I honestly can only take of a tiny bit for the awkward pose. Everything else is just perfection!

- Fatima Siad #TeamLenox
Fierce and fabulous! I LOVE the styling as it connects well with the modern take of the 60’s. It’s simple, but it’s doing more than just standing there. You added a high fashion flare to it that I appreciate. Nice job, Fatima!

- Shei Phan #TeamOphelie
Surprisingly, I actually like this take you took with the task. While at first glance it doesn’t fully line up with the 60’s, after reading your explanation it comes across more as a ironic modern day take on the era. Nice job!

- Josh Dibble #TeamBarbie = 8.0
- Barbara Palvin #TeamLenox = 9.7
- Fatima Siad #TeamLenox = 9.6
- Shei Phan #TeamOphelie = 8.8
3118 days 4 hours ago
carlyjordan14
70's ERA:
- Ann Ward #TeamBarbie
How is this 70’s? Your explanation was so vague and just shows you didn’t do any research for this task. It looks like you just took a pic and slapped “70’s” on it. Not good if you want to continue in this competition.

- Soo Joo #TeamBarbie
Very nice shot overall! I love the styling and how you connected it with the 70’s. I also appreciate it not being a basic, look at the camera shot. Overall, nice work.

- Georgina Wilson #TeamLenox
Very nice! I like how you connected this shot with the iconic swimsuits of the 70’s. I just wish the text wasn’t there, but otherwise very nice work!

- Sean O'Pry #TeamOphelie
I love the styling, but I just wish you showed more in this shot. It’s easily a beauty shot and takes away from the potential this shot had.

- Ann Ward #TeamBarbie = 6.0
- Soo Joo #TeamBarbie = 9.0
- Georgina Wilson #TeamLenox = 9.4
- Sean O'Pry #TeamOphelie = 8.5
3118 days 4 hours ago
carlyjordan14
80's ERA:
- Jolin Tsai #TeamCoco
I like what you did with this as you took the 80’s and gave it a modern day facelift. The styling is on point and overall this is a great high fashion shot!

- Jenah Doucette #TeamCoco
Overall I love the styling of this shot and the pose. I just wish there was less building and more you. It’s a bit of a distraction, but overall nice work!

- Nyle DiMarco #TeamCoco
This is just a simple beach shot. It looks as though the paparazzi caught you about to remove your shirt. I think the styling would have worked for the 80’s, but I needed to see more high fashion and uniqueness to separate it from the rest.

- Jolin Tsai #TeamCoco = 9.5
- Jenah Doucette #TeamCoco = 9.3
- Nyle DiMarco #TeamCoco = 8.3
3118 days 4 hours ago
carlyjordan14
90's ERA:
- Ashley Michaelsen #TeamBarbie
First off I’m in LOVE with the hair and your styling of this shot. However, it does lack a bit of 90’s context. But, the usage of black and white, the way that you’re not looking directly at the camera and the unique approach is very refreshing. Overall, keep up the good work!

- Alexander Ludwig #TeamCoco
Not bad overall as I see the connection with the 90’s. However, this isn’t very high fashion and it lacks in creativity. There isn’t a wow factor that if going to make me remember this from any other close up shot. At this point in the competition you must bring your A game each and every week.

- Lacey Rogers #TeamLenox
While it gives me a bit of an 80’s vibe, I can see the connection you were trying to make. I love the look and the styling of the hair. The outfit is on point and overall nice work!

- Ashley Michaelsen #TeamBarbie = 9.0
- Alexander Ludwig #TeamCoco = 8.7
- Lacey Rogers #TeamLenox = 9.2
3118 days ago
jayjet
i swear i  did better then that carly
3117 days 23 hours ago
rory17
Me after watching Carly's critiques

http://media.giphy.com/media/1014RBn4HVSTK/giphy.gif
3117 days 21 hours ago
wileycoyote
50's ERA:
- Adriana Lima: This is a really nice stylistic shot and you finish it off with that great facial expression, great job
- Arlenis Sosa: This I dot get, its a very uninspired pic to begin with but i dont even see much linkups to the 50s, just nothing really in the way of redeeming qualities
- Xiao Wen Ju: I do like this photo, its very chic though maybe a bit much empty space
- Lindsey: Wow, this is great, you channel the era so well and you own it, excellent

Lindsey: 10
Adriana: 9.8
Xiao: 9.3
Arlenis: 7.4
3117 days 21 hours ago
wileycoyote
60's ERA:
- Josh Dibble: Not a strong shot, you yourself said it was small but your facial expression and pose are quite boring though i do see where your going with the theme
- Barbara Palvin: This is a really cool shot, I love your thought process and how wacky the pic is but your facial expression stops you from really clinching it
- Fatima Siad: This photo is so strong, I love it, i will say your facial expression could be stronger though
- Shei Phan: This is a nice pic, you got a good grasp on the style and it while it needs a bit more in the pic you are doing a good job with your facial expression

Barbara: 9.7
Fatima: 9.6
Shei: 9.4
Josh: 7.7
3117 days 21 hours ago
wileycoyote
70's ERA:
- Ann Ward: Very small pic, I gotta say you are owning that small bit of screen but its size really hurts it
- Soo Joo:your not really doing much in this pic and the clothes as the only other thing in the shot are wearing you
- Georgina Wilson: Ive gotta say it aint bad, the writing isnt quite as bad as usual but i need more in your expression
- Sean O'Pry: I see where your coming from but it really isnt a good shot, the jacket really is a big contributor to that but its to close up, not a very interesting pose and part of your face is covered

Georgina: 8.9
Ann: 8.6
Soo: 7.9
Sean: 7.6
3117 days 21 hours ago
wileycoyote
80's ERA:
- Jolin Tsai: I love how well you did this, the photos engaging and interesting, I would like you to have a stronger presence though, you yourself fade a bit into the background, but its a lot better then being boring
- Jenah Doucette: A lot of empty space, i do see where your going and i like the pose but i dislike the headpiece, still not bad
- Nyle DiMarco: I dont really see where your coming from, its a very small pic and its not very interesting, definetly an off week for you

Jenah: 9.2
Jolin: 9.1
Nyle: 7.7
3117 days 21 hours ago
wileycoyote
90's ERA:
- Ashley Michaelsen: While the picture feels a bit cluttered I love the unusual composition, not bad
- Alexander Ludwig: Not the most interesting photo to say the least, your not really doing anything but i guess your facial expression aint bad
- Lacey Rogers: Theres not so much to this, the pose is bland and is easily ignored

Ashley: 8.8
Alexander: 8.4
Lacey: 8.3

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!