This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM14 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM14 - Challenge &..

1551 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #9

"Birds of Seychelles"

Today, we kick it off with something really interesting. For this week's challenge, you will be judged by the Next Top Model 12, Winner - none other than, Judge Garrett.

So, today you will all be doing something interesting, you are to embody a bird of the beautiful island of Seychelles - now the goal of this task is not to just copy the color of the bird - Judge Garrett specifically stated "I want to the connect the history of the Seychelles birds I don’t want to them depend strictly on color I feel that’s very safe and easy route. Explanation is a must and take their time with it to find the best photo possible."

It's no easy task, but it supposed to widen your knowledge on where you are currently residing.  If a certain bird has been picked, you are not allowed to repick that (there's over 190+ different native birds there). 24 hours to do the task, Goodluck! x

Here are just a few samples, you will still need to do your research: https://www.pbase.com/sundphoto/birds_in_seychelles
1551 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
For Lizzo, congratulations on getting the third save of the competition, then again comes the catch - you need to perform atleast top half of the models currently here for this coming week (which means atleast Top 4) or you'll be in danger again of elimination as the twist stated - "HOWEVER it is in the saved model hands on how he/she will be getting redemption as it is needed for him/her to place at least higher than half of the model in the game for the next week. If he/she failed to placed higher, the model will be eliminated (if he/she will not be saved again)."
1551 days 2 hours ago
spinfur
https://emiliapetrarca.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/01-luka-sabbat-lede.w570.h712.2x.jpg

My bird was the Seychelles Magpie Robin, and some interesting facts I found about it in that it is known as an endangered species. It was reported in 1970 that only 16 individuals remain of the bird due to the numerous habitat destruction and the predators such as rats and cats. They are also known to be protective and territorial during breeding season.

So for my photo I tried to show how I'm tied up and even though my expression is that of disgust and anger because my my habitat is being destroyed, I represent the endangered part as I have no way to stop it by being tied up.
1551 days ago
nateclove
Lizzo - Red Fody (Male)

I've got something really sad to share. Unfortunately, the red fody has gone extinct on the islands of Sychelles due to persons who regard them as pests and have captured and killed them. The birds are still alive in the nearby island of Madagascar, however.

https://bestofcomicbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Lizzo-50.jpg

I'm my photo I wanted to represent the strength of the red fody. Although small, these beautiful birds will continue to find a way to live on - even in the face of oppression, and I'm confident they will find their way back to Sychelles before we know it!
1550 days 20 hours ago
coolKat
Miles McMillan- Seychelles Sunbird

https://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2016/02/Miles-McMillan-by-Jack-Pierson_fy6-479x670.jpg

(There is a more explicit photo I was going to use but I didn’t wanna risk being too much)

This photo is in relations to the Seychelles Sunbirds main source of food which is flowers, now usually the flowers are pink but this is to represent the same idea. I was trying to also incorporate their nest in someway to this pic, as their nests are interesting as they hang from the tree in a well protected manor, but I don’t know if that idea shows through in this particular photo
1550 days 18 hours ago
Rubes
Bella Hadid {Birds Of Seychelles}
Grey Heron
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8e/a6/4f/8ea64fdafe0c38ff69bff9d45ee7a859.jpg

This photo represents the Grey Heron PERFECTLY!! Grey Herons are unmistakeable birds that can be found in the country of Seychelles. They are extremely tall with long bodies and legs which I am showing in this photo by extruding my body and figure. They also can stand with their neck stretched out which I am presenting through this photo. Grey Herons also have huge wingspans when they fly or get annoyed and I am stretching my arms out to the fullest representing the Grey Herons wingspan

As well as body features wise Grey Herons can be seen all around the world but mainly in Europe, Asia and of course Africa. These birds love water and can be seen near any kind of water from garden ponds to lakes to rivers to even estuaries. They love water and their main source of food is fish which is why they are mainly seen in these places. I think that in my photo I am representing the Grey Heron proudly and fiercely!

(I would just like to provide you with a video that I saw on the internet and I found it pretty cute to be honest ☺️😊😂)

https://vimeo.com/145409528
1550 days 17 hours ago
Russell11
Jhonattan Burjack-Seychelles Bulbul

The Seychelles Bulbul is known for being extremely aggressive and territorial. They are quick to attack any outsiders that threaten their nest, whether they are large predators, humans or even other bulbuls. Bulbuls are also almost always seen in pairs and are monogamous, meaning they’re loyal af. I think this photo represents just how protective bulbuls are with their mates. Although you can’t see my face, you can definitely feel the passion and the intensity of this photo.

https://imgur.com/a/tPIKhGn
1550 days 16 hours ago
spinfur
@Coco Lizzo already choose the Red Fody and youre not allowed to repeat birds
1550 days 15 hours ago
Tinkerbelll
Cattle egret

Again I am so sorry for my explanation I think cattle egret is so beautiful in white but I also find it unique that it's white I was originally going to go for the tropical birds and going for the tropical colours and I would take it into the tropical colours type of way but I found this beautiful quirky photo and went for the cattle egret I know im gonna end up at the bottom but I'm not gonna give up in the photoshoo
https://images.app.goo.gl/rhnNn5KB2gHwaxUc7
1550 days 8 hours ago
tast519
Jon  - Zebra Dove

Unlike a lot of other Seychelles birds, the Zebra Dove is not endangered. Rather than staying dormant, they feel liberated and bold enough to escape their native land of Southeast Asia and fly as far as Seychelles, Hawaii. Consequently, they're a bird that can potentially be exposed to many different cultures and locations. They're also known for their amazingly soft cooing.

This bird embodies such positivity, escapism, and diversity to me and I hope my photo reflects that! Here, I'm modeling as a zebra dove who happens to be in a location with a goat in the desert as one of its many destinations. Even with how big the goat is, I'm still full of joy and positivity since I'm not endangered, and even if I was in danger, I know my soothing cooing will make my potential predators want me alive for as long as possible!

https://www.vogue.pl/uploads/repository/z_wizyta_u_jona_kortajareny/jon-zdjecie-po-lewej.jpg
1550 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1550 days 8 hours ago
tast519
Closed? Jerard, we got 2 minutes LOL
1550 days 7 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Welcome to Victoria, Seychelles! Congrats to Lizzo on being saved and congrats to all of you for making it to Top 7! For this week's challenge, you were tasked with portraying “Birds of Seychelles”. I wanted you to connect the history of Seychelles birds. I did not want you guys to rely strictly on colors but to broaden your knowledge of these birds. An explanation was highly recommended. I must say you all gave a great effort with this one.

- Bella Hadid (Rubes): Bella, I like that you had fun with this one and enjoyed learning about Grey Heron. I think your explanation, your photo, and your chosen bird all went well together.

- Coco Rocha (Tinkerbelll): Coco, I liked certain aspects of your first photo. I feel like your first photo although the explanation lacked the photo had some strong areas that I was impressed by like the rose in your hair and the pose. As far as this photo I’m not a fan of it at all. I feel like you relied strictly on the color white. I believe if you maybe would’ve gone with the tropical look it probably would’ve worked out a lot better.

- Jhonattan Burjack (Russell11): Jhonattan, I see where you were going with the pairing and connecting Bulbul movement in pairs but I don’t like this photo as a whole. I think you could’ve done much better it, I’m not sure if its the quality and colors but it looks more so like a drawing.

- Jon Kortajarena (tast519): Jon, Overall this was a pretty solid photo from you Jon. I see the positivity with your happy facial expression so overall this was a pretty solid shot.

- Lizzo Jefferson (nateclove): Lizzo, I like your photo, I like the top of the outfit with the flower-looking design. I can see the confidence that you speak of. I do however wish you would’ve given us a little more description wise.

- Luka Sabbat (spinfur): Luka, I can see where you were trying to go with the whole tied up aspect of everything but I don’t think the rest of the photo worked out that well.

- Miles McMillan (coolKat): Miles, I think this is probably one of your best photos to date. I like that you talked about the Sunbirds source of food which is the flower and chose to incorporate their nest. I see the connection with the flower, I like your facial expression and overall this was a good shot!
1550 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1550 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
It's now time to reveal your scores.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!