This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 12!

Topic » TSC Beta 12!

3891 days 16 hours ago
hippydude126
bibbs <3333333
3891 days 16 hours ago
hippydude126
ALL 9 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED

Listen and comment on all songs and then PM your votes to me (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1)

You cannot vote for yourself, or discuss voting with others.

Voting Deadline is Wednesday 6pm BST (But please do it ASAP)

Results show will be Wednesday 7pm BST
3891 days 16 hours ago
bibbles
i will listen later, my mouse is playing up, need to reinstall the drivers!!!! i love the fun facts though!
3891 days 16 hours ago
Monrooster
I'm pretty sure that Welsh one and the stamp one are just myths though haha.
3891 days 16 hours ago
bibbles
if the stamp one is true, i would be in the tower by now!
3891 days 14 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Taylor Swift – Nice and bubbly as expected. A bit on the twee and repetitive side, but nice enough.
2)        The Saturdays – Dancier than I remember it actually. I’m not keen on some of the auto tune and voice effects, but good enough for my foot to be tapping along. Musically, alright. Lyrically, nah.
3)        Fall Out Boy – I used to not be fussed on Fall Out Boy. I love the instrumentation in this though. Rock but more orchestral and with a hint of pop. I don’t know if it’s going to do any good in this, but I can’t help but like it. Great ending too.
4)        Lorde – This isn’t really that well known here. I know it’s pretty big in the U.S. though. It would probably do quite well with the right exposure. Very minimalistic and odd, but it’s good. I don’t really rate her voice though.
5)        Caro Emerald – It was #1 here? I missed that. Very Charleston and jazzy. There’s a few background noises that grates on me a bit. I can’t help but feel that it’s a bit all style and no substance though.
6)        Tom Odell – Ah, Mr. Odell. He was really good live when I saw him before his debut album. Then the critics started swarming in after he got a best new artist award saying they didn’t buy his emotion and he’s a bit robotic. I do have to agree that his lyrics are a bit pretentious and soppy and I do agree to an extent on his lack of emotional impact. Musically though, it’s really good.
7)        Ariana Grande – I’m not digging this. Too simple, too repetitive, too soppy. Not my cup of tea at all.
8)        London Grammar – Funnily enough, I saw London Grammar at the same Tom Odell gig and they were brilliant. Amazing voice. It was so haunting in quite a small, intimate gig. They’re going to be really big in UK soon. They’re already getting there. Good on them. I love it.
9)        Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice – This made it to the top albums/singles?  Really?  Wow. As TV program theme tunes, they’re strong musically. The mash up doesn’t really work for me though.
3891 days 11 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
1) Taylor Swift- The funny thing about the fun fact is that is in 100% accurate. (I'm a Penna Native, from da Burgh). That being said, it's a common cover song and I will be frank in saying I like some of them more than I do the original. It's overplayed and just not doing it for me.
2) The Saturdays- Only thing I know is that the Saturdays have Rochelle, a former S Club member and a former Miss England competitor. Even with all that, they still can't pull off decent enough lyrics to keep me going. Musically it's sound, lyrically... uh.
3) Fall out Boy- I'm a Fall Out Boy fan... with the earlier stuff resonating better than their later stuff. There were a few songs on the album that caught my eye (the ones with guest vocals, and Light 'Em Up). This song wasn't one of them originally. But as I listened to it, I caught hints of a few of their other songs (Sugar, We're Goin Down and America's Sweethearts), which puts it in good company. Well played.
4) Lorde- I love this song. Very minimalist with both instrumentation and video content, which does it a massive favor when it comes to resonating in my mind. Not a lot of people can pull off the bare minimun as well as she can. I'm not sure where this will place, but I do think it's one of he better song.
5) Caro Emerald- I actually don't even recognize the name, even after listening to it. After looking up a bit of information, I do actually recognize the name, but the song still is a bit of a no-go. I think the person who chose this could have made another choice, one that was better suited for her, like A Night Like This. I'm not too sure about this one overall.
6) Tom Odell- Here's where my cognitive dissonance hits an all-time high with this one. I really do want to like it, due to the instrumentation, but when I listen to the lyrics, there's just blank sound. I live on music's emotion and hidden messages, and this seems to miss the trick completely. It's gonna be rather hard to see where this stands.
7) Ariana Grande-  I'll pass on a longer comment, because I'd rather actually save my breath. Tata.
8) London Grammar- I never heard of London Grammar before today, and I must say I'm rather impressed. Mixing together not one but three song styles (Crowded House, Bush, and Hoobastank) in one song gives me chills. I can actually see this song winning. Nice choice.
9) Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice- I'm just going to say that there should be a no mash-up rule. Every single one I've heard on a TSC (including my own) hasn't fared too well. I doubt this will be different.
3890 days 16 hours ago
bibbles
1) Taylor Swift – she sounds really nasally in this one, its quite one tone, easy listening.
2) The Saturdays – not a fan of this style of singing, or the music behind the singing, her voice is quite flat and the others a bit autotune or what ever you call it
3) Fall out Boy – hubby loves fall out boy, mini bibs loves fall out boy, I can take it or leave it!
4) Lorde – starts off slow, feels like it should build, it has a got a bit of a hook, and the vocals quite clean, so its not bad, has a strange bit at the end!
5) Caro Emerald – up beat and catchy, not my style, but its toe tapping and sung with a nice tone
6) Tom Odell – I quite like this, but it reminds so much of coldplay
7) Ariana Grade – a sweet little song that’s a bit too sweet for me.
8) London Grammar – this really is an album track, ive never heard of them before, and its quite chilled, on an even keel, the vocals very smooth
9) Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice – high school musical meets Rebecca black (is that her name, that one song girl!)
3888 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1) Taylor Swift - not as bad as her other steff
2) The Saturdays - love them... not their best
3) Fall out Boy - dec beat... but yelling is a no
4) Lorde - i like covers of this better
5) Caro Emerald - meh...
6) Tom Odell - really didn't do much
7) Ariana Grade - suh cuhte
8) London Grammar - where's the dance remix of this?
9) Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice - 2 disney in a contest? too much...
3888 days 18 hours ago
Limegrass
1) Taylor Swift, I love this song, but I can see why someone wouldn't.
2) The Saturdays, again, I love it, the beat is great! But I can see everyone else hating it!
3) Fall out Boy, its okay, but I really don't think i would go out of my way to listen to it today.
4) Lorde, whenever i think of Lorde, I cant help thinking of Lordie and that kust depresses me to be honest! It was okay, but not spectacular.
5) Caro Emerald, bubbles: "not really my thing" says the person that entered it before, I think that sums this sing up really.
6) Tom Odell, I like his style, but I think im sleepwriting
7) Ariana Grade, I do like her voice, but I truly believe she uses her voice in completely the wrong way!
8) London Grammar, love London grammar, despise this song.
9) Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice, this just reminds me of that one time Disney channel broke and I wad forced to watch nickelodeon.
3888 days 14 hours ago
hippydude126
Sorry guys but due to an unforseen personal reason and a lack of votes the TSC votes will not be tonight but will instead be tomorrow at 9pm BST. Thank you for being patient! <333
3888 days 14 hours ago
bibbles
no probs hippy, the main tsc is tomorrow night too!
3887 days 18 hours ago
Insanity
1. Taylor Swift - One of T. Swizzity’s best. I give her more crap than she deserves really, cause I actually do like a lot of her songs.

2. The Saturdays - I like this more than I feel like I should. :x But I feel like there is not much of a difference between the verses and the chorus. Not too crazy about that weird middle part too!

3. Fall Out Boy - Wait… FALL OUT BOY sings the light it up song? Didn’t know that. LOL. It sounded too tough for them.

4. Lorde - *facepalm* Why didn’t I submit this? I love this! IT WAS SO OBVIOUS!

5. Caro Emerald - lol This song isn’t available in my country. I liked the last entry she had, and  it looks like this entry is no different. Ohhhhh… This is gonna win, isn’t it?

6. Tom Odell - I think I found this song a LONG time ago back when I was first competing in TSC like… over a year ago! :O Before it got “famous.” I didn’t even know it got famous. Anyways, this is nice. Could’ve had more variety, since it is so slow and drab at times, but it’s nice.

7. Ariana Grande - Are you done singing about how “hard” things are?

8. London Grammar - Very blahhhhh. Voice is blah, tempo was blah, song was blah.

9. Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice - LMFAO HOW DID THIS GET CHARTED!?
3887 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Taylor Swift - I must admit, it's one of her best songs, I still don't like her though.
2. The Saturdays - Honestly, that's probably the only thing of The Saturdays that I enjoy quite a lot.
3. Fall Out Boy - Wouldn't want to listen to it again.
4. Lorde - WHOEVER SENT IT, I SINCERELY HATE YOU, CAUSE I WAS LIKE HOURS TOO LATE. I love this so much.
5. Caro Emerald - Love her style, quite unique, though I didn't know her album was that high?
6. Tom Odell - I think it's a miss, a nice mellow song, which lacks a lot though.
7. Ariana Grande - Probably one of her worst songs on her album?
8. London Grammar - Why not Strong? An interesting choice though.
9. Miranda Cosgrove & Victoria Justice - LMAO WHAT.
3887 days 14 hours ago
hippydude126
WELCOME WELCOME ONE AND ALL!

[but hurry up a bit because we might clash with TSC if we dont hurry :/]

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!