This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 428 Final

Topic » TSC 428 Final

1148 days ago
Darbe
ganghandedcat's comments:

After the criminal proceedings that went ahead in Darbe's first TSC hosting this week, it has disgusted me to even be forced to comment in order to retain my place in this competition. Alas, it must be done for the common good of music in this competition.

01 : Zara Larsson - Look What You've Done : What sort of atrocity is this that is being performed on this stage to open this Grand Final... What a disgrace. Zara's had some whoppers, but this piece is just lacking... anything. I'm so bored. The chorus just feels very cannon fodder to me. Get rid.

02 : Kowen - To Be Forgotten : I feel like my love for this has caused me some personal trauma. This just has an intriguing personality that I fell in love with... A beautiful piece that will forever be cemented into my mind. I don't know how this will match up in comparison to the final lineup, but this is just excellent.

03 : Good Boy Daisy ft. The Wrecks - Never Know : Honestly, I'm really confused... So many different things are going on in this song, and I don't know if it meshes together? Like if this contest was recap bait, I can pick the perfect slot that would HOOK me in... And then The Wrecks come in and ruin not ONE but TWO songs this week. It's honestly so hard to rank this??? Let's see where it'll end up.

04 : Zoe Wees - Girls Like Us : My heart is hurt having to maintain my composure listening to this. Precisely this,, is the type of music that I despise on the DAILY. Mega yikes.

05 : ENVYYOU - New Friends : The BLANCO influence has come here this week in a slightly more uptempo piece. This is pretty solid. Had it in my long longlist (not my shortlist) if I ever needed something like this for a theme, so pleasantly surprised to see it appear here now. It's not great, but I'm intrigued here. That chorus is like ambrosia to my ears. What a whopper.

06 : Mahalia, Rico Nasty - Jealous : I enjoy Mahalia, and I enjoy Rico Nasty. This combination... I'm not as sure. Miss me with that lack of energy that I wanted from this stunning collab. There's parts of the songs which are glamorous and stunning, but it just falls flat for me.

07 : Royane - Click : I never fully got this song. I heard it once and thought it was a cute bop, but not something that was a WHOPPER, you know? I love the fact that she combines three languages, at least I think she does, actually make that four if you include tequila. Actually... this was earworming me yesterday, but I wasn't that pleased with it. The points here really do depend on my mood.

08 : Odette - Herald : This was a song which was hard to initially connect to, but that chorus is just really stunning. I wish it went to more interesting places as the rest of the song is a bit of a bore, even though the instrumental is very good. I'm a massive fan of that chorus though.

09 : Mome ft. Ricky Ducatti - Sail Away : This thumbnail is one that makes you so intrigued for the song. Wait I thought I was on Mette. I think I mixed up my comments. This is a police officer?? Yikes... Anyway. I love the dog in this video he's really cute :)

10 : Mette - Petrified : THIS was the thumbnail I was meant to be amazed by. Sorry for the mistake. That's the main positive. This song is nice, but I am lacking the energy. But I just know that Mette is going to become a MPG in the future, I feel it in my bones, I truly do.

11 : Prudence - Good Friends : I've been familiar with this girl since her The Do days, and honestly, I haven't liked her releases as much here as during that era. Then I listened to this song. The first chorus makes you think that the song isn't going to go anywhere. This sounds like something RAYE would sing, you know? By 2:30 or so, I'm just waiting for a moment. Then the moment comes. And I'm quite impressed. I don't know how, or if I'll be scoring this, but I feel this is something I can appreciate after the week closes.

12 : Kelly Rowland - Hitman : Welcome to TSC miss Rowland.. Enter with a boom pow. I'm quite impressed, but then I'm not? I feel like this is disjointed in parts, and there's other parts where I'm like... YES. I can't fully make up my mind on this, but for now, I'm enjoying it.

13 : Aseul - Always With You : This here is just pure excellence from beginning to end... Those subtle synths are here and they're here to take you to a higher dimension. Great, great find. What a hit. I'm in love with this. And with that cyborg production somewhere in the middle, this is just perfect for me.

14 : Dennis Lloyd - Anxious : LMAO, nice try.

15 : Nona - Sleeptalking : The way this thumbnail still sends me. What a queen. And then I listen, and this song is so monotonous but it's still extremely beautiful. I don't know if I'm making as much of a connection as I did in the semi final, but I applaud the user for making a risk of this magnitude. Well done.

16 : Alok & Ilkay Sencan ft. Tove Lo - Don't Say Goodbye : I'm very conflicted on this. That siren in the song is great, but the rest of it is just good. It's a song I wouldn't skip if I was driving on EuroTruck Simulator 2, but in terms of points... I'm quite uncertain as to how to leave it.

17 : George Ogilvie - Foreign Hands : I listened to this at the listening party and then proceeded to forget about this until just now. I remembered nothing about the melody. I go into it, and I hear this man's haunting, whispy voice take me on a journey to a place where who the fuck knows where I'm going. And then... he just stays flat but not in a beautiful way? I hear this sound way too often at my cousin's house and it's not something I'm really living for here. I will dutifully recommend this to my cousin though, I think she will love it. This isn't bad though, in no way is it.

18 : Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos - Rena rama ding dong : LMAO iconic.... But I don't have much else to say really. I am here to take this competition SERIOUSLY. But I express nothing but love towards this choice.

19 : Alysha Grace - Created To Be Bad : THAT beat at the beginning, I'm so intrigued. And her vocal, I feel like I'm going to get some pop glory. And then I feel like the song just stays the same in a way that I'm just not that intrigued by. I wish something more happened because I was so excited at the beginning. I wear the crown. I wear the crown. That's what I got from this song. Nice retro synths towards the end though.

20 : Donna Missal - How Does It Feel : I said this in my semi final review that I truly wasn't expecting a good song from Donna Missal and then I'm hit from the left like ??? This is just truly stunning and beautiful and words fail to describe that stunning orchestral instrumental. My critiques and drawbacks here is that I feel that the music is running ahead of her and it's making me not fully connect. But it's hard to critique this, the positives here really do outweigh the negatives, extremely so.

21 : Fulminacci - Canguro : Was there any question that this is what I would stan? Don't get the BLANCO comparisons outside of the Italian perspective. I sent this song to two contests where I came second and a place yet to be determined, so there's no question that this is a piece I'd stan. He's cute, the song is great, that piano riff, oooh, the sex appeal here knows no bounds. The cinematography here is GORGE as well. What a slapper.

22 : Red Moon - Dogma : I'm in no way extremely intrigued here. I respect her for her artistry, I do, I feel like the other song of hers that's ineligible is better. This just goes nowhere for me, but with this sound qualifying six times over from semi two, this one just fails to make any form of connection. I think it's her voice for me. Bless her for trying but mhm. She stole a finalist spot, I feel it.

23 : Lilith Czar - King : I wish this piece did something because I'm just hearing unfortunately a generic piece. This is really good in parts??? I can't make up my mind like omg... It just sort of passes me by on a second listen, but I feel like I could appreciate this after the week's done and dusted. I wish this gave me something more for me to be like... yes.

24 : Marta Sango - ¿Qué Más Quieres De Mí? : There's just something about this song that irks me like... it should be the song that has all the qualifies of a certified HIT, but for me, that connection is not one that is made... I think it's when she sings "recuerdo ver.... amanacer" that really loses me, I just can't stand her voice there. But I wish her as an artist all the success, I just know she has a Donna Missal transformation waiting ahead of her.
1148 days ago
Darbe
J2999's comments

001. Zara Larsson - 'Look What You've Done' : Solid song. I typically really like Zara, and this one fit in that category nicely. Strong start!
002. Kowen - 'To Be Forgotten' : Interesting? This is the kinda thing that makes me sit back and wonder… which part of TSC chose to point this? Definitely not for me.
003. Good Boy Daisy - 'Never Learn (feat. The Wrecks)' : Oh wow? Overall this was… a lot of a different things, but like I really enjoyed this. Numerous of the different parts I enjoyed, it never became too same-y for me, good song.
004. Zoe Wees - 'Girls Like Us' : She has a good voice. I found this decent in the semi, I did enjoy it more here though so can’t complain there.
005. ENV¥¥OU - 'New Friends' : This song shocked me as I really didn’t expect to be fond of it, but turned out to like it a lotttttt. Very enjoyable.
006. Mahalia - 'Jealous (feat. Rico Nasty)' : Nothing about this really does anything for me, came and went. Would have rather seen... basically any other song qualify from the semi that didn't, but I don't hold a dislike for this, just not for me.
007. Royane - 'Click' : This was interesting? It was a decent listen, nothing standout, but like it was decent and could eventually grow on me.
008. Odette - 'Herald' : The last minute of this was decent, the first two minutes just dragged on the same noise kinda the whole time, so despite the last minute hitting well I was kinda done-zo already by then.
009. Møme - 'Sail Away (feat. Ricky Ducati)' : Good song, one that I like from start to finish. His voice is good, the general chill beat behind it also is a good listen.
010. Mette - 'Petrified' : I definitely preferred this in the semi I believe. Mostly I just enjoy the chorus here, then the last minute as a whole, which I GUESS is a decent amount, but still I feel I preferred it in the semi versus now. Still a fine song though.
011. Prudence - 'Good Friends' : There’s parts that are decent to this yes, but then a fair amount of other parts that are overall just kinda… eh overall. This song does not do a lot for me.
012. Kelly Rowland - 'Hitman' : I suppose this is fine. Not for me, but it’s alright. Better than hearing it in the Semi, but yeah still just not for me.
013. Aseul - 'Always With You' : I can’t really say I even felt like I was listening to a song here? Not sure how that went on for 4 mins but… next.
014. Dennis Lloyd - 'Anxious' : This song is good REGARDLESS but honestly sounds even better after following the last couple songs LMAO. Yeah solid song, I contemplated sending it myself this week ;P don’t know much by this guy, but this song definitely makes me want to check out more.
015. Nona - 'Sleeptalking' : Oh. There were many times throughout I felt that it was about to suddenly be something that really stood out, but the enjoyment factor just came in for a few seconds at each time it did, kinda a let down.
016. Alok & Ilkay Sencan - 'Don't Say Goodbye (feat. Tove Lo)' : I really enjoyed this. Solid solid song, definitely one I’ll end up looping for a bit. Awesome stuff.
017. George Ogilvie - 'Foreign Hands' : Kinda slow but like his voice was just very pleasant to listen to. Mostly enjoy this because of the last minute as a whole, but I enjoy the like chill vibe throughout.
018. Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos - 'Rena rama ding dong' : Oh this qualified? Well. Sometimes I prefer these kinda quirkier entires, but this was not one of them.
019. Alysha Grace - 'Created To Be Bad' : I appreciate the outro speech of this. But yeah this mostly just came and went and there’s nothing particularly memorable of this song for me. Decent listen though.
020. Donna Missal - 'How Does It Feel' : Hmmmm. Like this was better than I expected, but also wasn’t exactly my kinda thing so didn’t really do much for me. I mean it’s mostly just that one … noise… that is heard a few times throughout that is what I’m attracted to.
021. Fulminacci - 'Canguro' : ITALIAN MALE SUPREMACY! The second half especially really was just amazing for me, but yeah basically the entire song is just so good. Chef’s kiss.
022. Red Moon - 'Dogma' : Actually this was… sweet. I didn’t necessarily expect to like, and it was kinda till half way through hearing basically the same thing that I realised… I was kinda enjoying? Yeah, nice.
023. Lilith Czar - 'King' : The first minute is kinda a bit ehhhh but then it overall really picked up, I was definitely fond of this, it kinda just got better as the song progressed.
024. Marta Sango - '¿Qué Más Quieres De Mí?' : Oh for me it’s the way I searched the name and it… came up with a LUIS FONSI song of the same name? Honestly…. shoulda submit that that’s a king. But putting Luis Fonsi aside, this was a pleasant ending to the contest, one that I couldn’t listen to MUCH but like still enjoyed enough. Spanish always helps.
1148 days ago
Darbe
RESULTS FOR SEMI FINAL 1:

https://i.imgur.com/OaZ8AVB.gif
1148 days ago
Darbe
btw if you zoom in you can see the pic a lot better.
sorry its small but its very high quality x
1148 days ago
Darbe
SEMI 2 RESULTS:
(Twice disqualified meaning Aseul qualified instead)

https://i.imgur.com/zaYcePn.gif
1148 days ago
turkeylover
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
1148 days ago
1001games
Congrats!
1148 days ago
Insanity
I died so that turkeylover would advance, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
1148 days ago
jacksonjoseph99
16        ::        052        ::        Mahalia
17        ::        051        ::        Zoe Wees

way too close for comfort

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!