This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 405 Final

Topic » TSC 405 Final

1395 days 21 hours ago
Natepresnell
06) Lucía Fernanda - there is not one thing that I would not do, for my lover, my best friend, my honey, my boo. I would give birth to 10 of her children without using any drugs to help ease the pain and then I would give her one more
1395 days 21 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
the worst TSC final ever
1395 days 20 hours ago
Patrick319
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - I've heard this before. All R3HAB productions start to sound the same after you've heard them all, but they're still mostly good. I'm not obsessed with this one in particular but it's definitely a solid song.
02) RHODES - Another song I've heard before. I'm not sure I'd have had the guts to enter this myself, but I also wasn't sure whether I liked it. After hearing it here I can definitively say that I really like it. The chorus is pretty powerful, and the melody is more interesting than other male ballads we've seen this year.
03) Sabrina Carpenter - She's one of a few artists this week that has definitely been overused. I felt like all of her good music had already been sent, but this isn't bad at all. The initial pre-chorus is the highlight for me. The chorus is quite strong, actually. The verses on the other hand are pretty bland. I'm so-so on this, but I don't dislike it.
04) Donna Missal - Her last entry was quite dynamic with a strong hook. It definitely stood out so I'm surprised we hadn't seen more of her in TSC. To be fair I never bothered diving into her discography, either. With all that being said this is sadly a major disappointment. It feels quite generic considering what I know she's capable of. It's nothing special at all.
05) SVEA - Thanks for stealing my under 25k views artist, loser. She has much better than this. I'm not even thinking about the entry I had planned for her because it was kind of bad so I'd like to THANK YOU for submitting SVEA before I could. All My Exes, and even Numb with that random Italian rap feature are better than this. Parts of this are quite nice, but other parts of it feel oddly disjointed. I could see this growing on me over time but currently I'm not sold.
06) Lucía Fernanda - Why does this girl look like Melisa Carolina? LMAO. Are all Spanish girls submitted by a certain user supposed to look the same? This was pleasant instrumentally but I like my Spanish songs trashy, clearly. I could have spent the three minutes used to listen to this listening to Poco instead.
07) Elley Duhé - This week is the week of mid-tempo pop girls, isn't it? I will admit I think this is the best I've heard from her in TSC. Super haunting, compelling melody. One of my favourites for sure.
08) Alec Wigdahl - Somebody pointed out to me that this sounds like bad guy and I definitely hear it after listening to it again. This should benefit from being perhaps one of the only solo male artists in this final, even if the song is quite mediocre. It has a similarly haunting quality as Elley, but I don't think the chorus delivers as much. It's not bad, but could have been a lot stronger.
09) Ayesha Erotica - Nope, nothing about this appeals to me. I don't get it at all. Was it really necessary for this to be five minutes long? Dreadful.
10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - Cool instrumental. There's something about this that feels fresh. I can't say I love it, but it's better than their last song that was entered for certain.
11) BANKS - I love Banks and I've been raving about many songs from the album, but Contaminated was never one of my initial favourites. I thought it was a bit too out of the box and avant-garde even for ME, and the fact that it's almost five minutes long didn't help its case either. But I must say that I've grown a new appreciation for it after listening to it here. It won't emerge as a new favourite of mine, but it was a pretty compelling listen.
12) Chloe x Halle - MOMS. I sent this as a backup a few weeks ago. Some of their latest releases are a bit too out of the box, but I absolutely love what they're serving here. I hope this does well.
13) Krewella & Nucleya - I was planning on sending this song earlier this year but someone beat me to Krewella. This song has such a cool vibe I absolutely adore. The drop is a BIT grating, but everything else about it borders on perfection.
14) Secret Weapons - WIG, WIG, WIG. This totally caught me off guard in the semi-final. It's fast-paced, and melodically strong. The chorus is an explosion of fun and just so strong. I've had this on loop and in my head for almost two days. Fantastic find.
15) RAYE - MOM. I've been absolutely gagged by this since I first heard it. The person who sent it is still getting blocked, filtered, and will be on the receiving end of death threats for at least the next six months because I'm still bitter about missing mailers by five minutes. But this song is absolute perfection I literally tear up every time I hear it. She doesn't have a bad song AT ALL.
16) Capulets - The vocal is kind of irritating but God damn who gave the chorus permission to go off that hard? I can't be bothered by the verses, but the chorus is definitely worth the wait. Electro-pop perfection.
17) Ryu Su Jeong - I think I've heard this before. Good first verse with a strong build, but the chorus is extremely flat. It feels a bit half-baked, but it's not a bad song. Sadly the lack of a proper chorus or drop kills its chances for me, personally.
18) CXLOE - MOM. I still don't know who the fuck CXLOE is, but I can't recall ever disliking a song of hers? She's been doing it for me since 2018 being succeeded by Show You and Devil You Don't leaving me absolutely gagged last year. I expect 12 Steps to age poorly so I don't suspect it to remain my favourite song of hers six months from now, but it's certainly a solid pop song with enough longevity to last me through the rest of the summer.
19) GALXARA - WTF. I've never felt more conflicted while listening to a TSC entry. I've said it before that these songs don't appeal to me to begin with, but the first verse here in particular was so bad that I couldn't understand how anyone could enjoy it. It was a literal wall of noise. But then I hear the chorus and it absolutely SLAPS!? Horrific verses, but incredible chorus yep give me MORE of that chorus. MYSELF! MYYYYYSELF! This is half a BANGER and half a NIGHTMARE. I think I have no choice but to stan.
20) BATHSHEBA - To sum up my semi-final comment I basically thought that the chorus sounded better than it was in comparison to the duller verses. But I'm living for this SO MUCH MORE than I did during the semi-final. It's a super solid production, and I imagine a serious contender for the win.
21) Hatari - This has as many ghoulish properties as GALXARA, but I've always enjoyed Hatari's music so I'd never be as immediately offended by them. I'd say that KLEFI / SAMED is a better song, but this is good too. Perhaps it sounds more accessible, if that's even possible. But for the most part I think people who like Hatari will appreciate this, while people who don't will not. I'm impressed that it even qualified to begin with. Best of luck!
22) Faouzia - IMAGINE HOW FUCKING TIRED WE ARE. Someone put a muzzle on this bitch so she stops making music. This is a really good song, but TSC has been completely oversaturated with her. I've said before that this could have won later this year by default once all the good music got used up, hence why I think it was a mistake submitting her so soon. I think it's a better song than the three minute version of Anja Nissen impersonations that unfortunately won, but likely won't do as well due to reasons stated above.
23) LÉON - Well, what can I say. Her music is perfection but I do have my reservations about this song. For one she's another artist that has been completely overexposed so I'm more cynical about her chances to begin with. I know this is bold coming from somebody who's submitted her *three* times, so forgive me. As for the song I don't think it's as good as Who You Lovin, but it's a strong ballad nonetheless. The verses are so-so, but the chorus certainly packs a punch. I can't promise to point this but the chorus makes me strongly consider pointing it.
24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - MOM. Bree Runway is such a good rapper. I absolutely love most of what she releases. This feels like it's relying on viral trends for its success which is slightly CRINGE, and makes me want to dislike it. Nonetheless it's a fun song, and a proper closer to this week's final. I even like it the more I listen to it. The last thirty seconds are absolutely everything. Thank you for blessing me once more.
1395 days 13 hours ago
onemanarmy
The 1st Quarter Finalists

01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - Elena 's vocals are good and she saves the track from being a total disaster, the production however is it's downfall, not nearly as good as it should be considering he's given us a fair share of bops. In the end this deserved to qualify from it's semi but I don't think anyone is gonna remember it when the week is over.

02) RHODES - Maybe it's the Shawn Mendes vibes that got this death slotted? This did make me think of Treat You Better but I like that song so perhaps that's why I liked this one so much. Thought he had a solid voice and I easily connected with it. It deserved to qualify and was one of my favorites from it's semi though some feedback suggests that's an unpopular opinion.

03) Sabrina Carpenter - Until now Smoke & Fire was her only song that made it's way to my library so I wasn't excited to see her name when the line ups got posted but I instantly fell in love with this song and her french was a nice addition. This deserved to qualify and I'm happy it did cause it's one of my favorites from it's semi.

04) Donna Missal - I really liked the lyrics to this one, her voice is pretty solid and the style works for her though this isn't my go to genre, it is library worthy and it deserved to qualify so I'm happy it did.

05) SVEA - I wasn't instantly interested in this one but it did become one of my favorites from it's semi. The much much better Selfish of the week and it deserved to qualify.

06) Lucía Fernanda - I'm underwhelmed by this, it's fine but nothing more than fine, I should be enjoying this Latin vibe it has going but I'm just not. There were other songs from it's semi that were more deserving like On I ONA that had a much more interesting production.

The Standouts : Rhodes, Sabrina Carpenter, Donna Missal and SVEA.
1395 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - This is pretty decent, far from the best attempt at this kinda sound but it does its job I guess. Doesn’t really stand out and it’s not particularly memorable but yeah it does what it came to do nicely enough.
02) RHODES - I was fully expecting to hate this based on the name and the way it started but wow I LOVED the direction this went in. Great build, good vocal, strong chorus, I actually really enjoyed this. Not bad for a man.
03) Sabrina Carpenter - This started out pretty promising but definitely dragged on. Melodically it’s very pretty and it’s not an unpleasant listen but yeah I was kinda over it long before it ended.
04) Donna Missal - I recognise the name from here before, I think her last song was okay and this is definitely okay too. Not bad, some cute elements, melodically it’s quite nice, and she’s got a good voice, just something about it doesn’t particularly click or resonate with me. All very fine, pretty polish, but meh I’m just indifferent about it.
05) SVEA - Jesus this was bad. It’d probably be my least favourite in a different week but there are so many horrible songs this week I think this has to settle for being bottom five. Really beige, generic verses and a horrible chorus, yeah this is horrible who let this into the final.
06) Lucía Fernanda - This is SUCH a serve from start to finish like I just have to stan. Spanish really just makes most songs sound better this is just an incredible listening experience. Wasn’t expecting it to qualify but I’m SO happy it did.
07) Elley Duhé - Joins a very big group of songs this week that are just FINE but I struggle to muster up a single shit to give about. The intro promised me a serve that the rest of the song did not deliver on. It’s better on a second listen, but in a kinda decent album track kinda way. Might work its way into my points depending on how the rest of the final pans out.
08) Alec Wigdahl - This was really promising at the start, kinda gave me Billie Eilish vibes mixed with 5SOS’ Teeth, but it never really progressed to what I thought/hoped it was going to. It was a fine listen, but it lacked the punch that really makes these songs shine. I was just kinda left underwhelmed by it.
09) Ayesha Erotica - LMAO LEGEND I LOVE THIS SONG. I’m so glad this qualified this is such an iconic bop.
10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - This was kinda a bop tbh like I wasn’t in love with it but it did what it came here to do. Normally I’m not a fan of Red Velvet but this did slap a bit I can’t lie. The chorus is a little underwhelming but I think I’ll let it slide considering I actually felt something for this song.
11) BANKS - Far from her best but it’s definitely a pleasant listen. It built well, I loved the heavier bass parts. Grew on me more and more as it went on actually as a lot of her songs tend to, I don’t know why it continues to surprise me. Great song, really good listen.
12) Chloe x Halle - It took me a little while but I’m definitely stanning these queens now. Vocally stunning, verses are gorgeous, the chorus takes some getting used to but it’s definitely catchy. Right up my street I love this.
13) Krewella & Nucleya - This is nowhere near their best, but not their worst either. It’s another alright song in a very alright week, I won’t be remembering much about this song by the end of the week but it made for an alright listen. Whatever.
14) Secret Weapons - That song title sends shivers down my spine every time it’s inflicted on me. Idk I was torn on it, parts of it I was really into, other parts I didn’t like at all. Leaning towards disliking this because my favourite parts are the punchy parts to the rhythm of “LUNA MOON ME UP” and I think that’s what I stan more than anything in the actual song. I don’t think I’m the target audience for this really.
15) RAYE - Very possibly her best song since Shhh. I’d love to hate it and blank it in solidarity with Patrick but it’s too good for that. A modern day Jolene without feeling derivative and still feeling like a RAYE song, it’s just really good.
16) Capulets - Cool I guess, I feel like this sound has been executed a lot better in recent TSCs but it’s still a sound I quite enjoy at the best of times so this was a pretty decent pick in the context of this week overall. Pleasant.
17) Ryu Su Jeong - This was decent, kinda expected more from it based on the intro but it’s a nice enough song. Borders on inoffensive, I wanted to care about it more than I ultimately did but I didn’t really like it or dislike it.
18) CXLOE - In 2020 she is approximately 26 years of age, based on her 2014 interview stating "I am 20". I’m not sure whether I like this more or less than Devil You Don’t, but that’s definitely a high bar, this is solid and this is still a bop.
19) GALXARA - Yeah ew no I did not like this at all. Most of it was just an attack on the nervous system, the chorus is decent but not enough to lift it and the rest of it is such a disjointed mess that I’m over it by the time it hits. Not a pleasant listening experience and it only got worse as it went on I genuinely felt a little bit distressed listening to this song.
20) BATHSHEBA - Heard a lot of talk about this one being a contender, I don’t really think it’s that good but it’s definitely a pretty solid song. The chorus is a bit disappointing after really strong verses and a really strong pre-chorus and it makes it a little disjointed, like I don’t think I could ever add it to my playlist without wanting to skip it 75% of the time but it’s still a nice enough song.
21) Hatari - Haven’t really been into their stuff other than Hatrid mun sigra and while I stan the lyrics and the visuals this hasn’t really changed my mind. Respect it, just not really into it myself.
22) Faouzia - I was more into this when Tears of Gold was sent and I’m kinda over it now, but then I was kinda over Tears of Gold and still gave that like 6 points so who knows really. This is the last song she has that has any kinda quality to it so enjoy your top 10 while it lasts miss Faouzia because 2021 is your year for NQing.
23) LÉON - I really wanna stop voting for LEON because she’s sent every 10 weeks but she literally does not know what a bad song is so I can’t help it, it’s just how it is. Wasn’t sure on this one when it was first released but it’s just as incredible as the rest of her discography. Stunning.
24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - Every time she’s sent I think her best songs have been sent but she continues to prove me wrong because this is an absolute bop. I don’t think it’s quite up there with WDITMF but that’s one of my favourite TSC entries ever so an astronomically high bar.
1395 days 1 hour ago
ryan5676
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova – This has got somewhat of a bop feeling as her vocals are great and the music is good as well as I can see myself jamming to this
02) RHODES – He has got a good voice, but this song is clearly a bore as the music just repeats and by the end, I’m kind of sick of his voice
03) Sabrina Carpenter – Oh yes, this beat has caught my attention as it is so good at seducing me and she got a great voice that flows so smoothly with the song
04) Donna Missal – The music here sounds lazy as it is very repetitive, and her vocals aren’t that good as they sound dull and not enough energy
05) SVEA – Oh baby the music is giving me a sensation I have been dreaming of and that voice is simply heaven as it is clearly a banger
06) Lucía Fernanda – Yeah, I’m fed up of this with her singing doing no favours as it is really that bad and the song has no energy and this dozer isn’t worth the time
07) Elley Duhé – She has got a great voice which is what I can take from this, but the song really doesn’t help as it feels like a downer
08) Alec Wigdahll – Now this is one groovy tune as I got sucked in by the music being so damn good and his voice is so fine, and this is so perfect
09) Ayesha Erotica – Why is this actually kind of good as it has quality to it’s standards and the music really stands out and I’m really all for this as this song has converted me
10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) – Can we put this song back where we found it as it is dire with their vocals not delivering and the music being so awful, and I simply can’t take it anymore
11) BANKS – Am I supposed to be bored because I already am as this song drifts me to sleep and it lasts too long for my liking
12) Chloe x Halle – Their voices together are rather good as they know how to sing, but they need better music as it is simply repeating and gets very repetitive
13) Krewella & Nucleya – These girls are good for what they do, and the verses were good as well but then the music collapsed on itself in the chorus ruining the mood
14) Secret Weapons – Is this song meant to be this boring as it is trying to be this dance hit, but it delivers little energy and most people would be sleeping than dancing to this song
15) RAYE – The beat is rather alright at best and her singing is good to hear as this song is an alright song that does tick the boxes, I guess
16) Capulets – This song is very magical as the music is giving me that good feelings vibe and that voice is such a great beacon that shines for all to hear
17) Ryu Su Jeong – I can see that she is trying with this song but surprisingly even though it is K-Pop this song is very dull as the chorus pretty much lacks anything
18) CXLOE – Her vocals are very nice as she got a sick vibe and the music kind of balances things out with how it has that good energy to bring out the best in her
19) GALXARA – I’m not jealous of her by a long shot with how this is too chaotic for my liking as her vocals are cringy and the music is giving off bad vibes
20) BATHSHEBA – She sure got a great sounding voice and I know the music is not as good standard but has grown to me as I rather like this one
21) Hatari – It can be hard to get use to their voices, but I rather don’t like this one as the music is a mess and the singing sound very uninteresting
22) Faouzia – I feel gutted for her as she got a good sounding voice, but it is wasted on this bore of a song like a road it just goes on and on getting duller by the day
23) LÉON – This has got me so thrilled just listening as the vocals are just so amazing and the music is electrifying as I think I have just fallen in love
24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate – Nope I’m turning this off from the first listen I got because she can’t sing to save her life and this whole song is too annoying
1394 days 23 hours ago
dragotistic
R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - It’s an okay opener. I was left wishing it went somewhere. It felt suspended.

RHODES -  I really enjoyed this song. I honestly didn’t think that this entry would get death-slotted. Strong vocals, good song.

Sabrina Carpenter - The song had a vibe that wasn’t really for me. It was lacking any impact.

Donna Missal - She has a great voice, and it enhances the song. I might give this points based purely on the strength of the vocal honestly.

SVEA - I find the chorus to be just plain bad. Her voice is nice but that chorus just ruins it for me.

Lucia Fernanda - It’s cute. There isn’t a chorus which makes it seem like it drags on. It doesn’t stand out to me but it was a pleasant listen.

Elley Duhe - It’s kinda dreary, it could’ve used some more energy in the chorus. It’s okay.

Alec Wigdahl - I didn’t point this in the semi (sorry) but on a further listen, I enjoyed it more. I could see this getting points from me in the final, as Billie Eilish sounding as it is.

Ayesha Erotica - This got old around the 2 minute mark...and then went on for 3 more minutes.

Red Velvet - This was alright. It didn’t stand out to me but I didn’t hate it.

BANKS - It took almost 2 minutes for it to pick up and then it didn’t go anywhere. It was okay, I guess.

Chloe x Halle - I was pretty bored listening to this in all honesty.

Krewella & Nucleya - It was okay, I liked it more as it went on. I wish there was a bit more ethnic influence in the music like there was in the video.

Secret Weapons - I absolutely detest the song title. It was a decent summer vibes song, but overall, I didn’t enjoy this.

RAYE - I enjoyed this more on my initial listen. The verses are EXCELLENT, but the chorus feels emptier on this listen. Overall, it’s still an enjoyable entry that I’m pretty sure will be top 3 this week.

Capulets - I didn’t expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Solid entry.

Ryu Su Jeong - Of the semi 1 k-pop entries, this was my least favorite. On this listen, I’m still not sold on the song.

CXLOE - The chorus comes in hot but everything else feels cold.

GALXARA - Sorry to whoever submitted this, but I did not enjoy this at all.

BATHSHEBA - She looks like Michaela Bradshaw from Survivor lol. The song is okay, but I really enjoy her voice.

Hatari - The soft-core pornography of a music video aside, I really liked this. It’s vastly different than all the entries in this final, and that helps it in my eyes.

Faouzia - I typically enjoy her music, but this never stood out to me. I’m pretty sure this is going to do well regardless of how I feel about the song.

LEON - LEON makes great songs. And this is no different imo

Bree Runway - I have PTSD from the song title lol. I don’t REALLY jam out until around 30-40 seconds. Those last 30 seconds? Straight gold. A good way to end the contest.
1394 days 23 hours ago
Eoin
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - TOOT - This was really fun actually, a nice beat and a solid EDM track all round. A sweet opener.

02) RHODES - BOOT - This was a bit depressing, even when it changed keys, it just never was enough for me.

03) Sabrina Carpenter - BOOT - Imagine how tired we are of her basic pop sound every 10 weeks.

04) Donna Missal - TOOT - Well, this is super sweet and wholesome, nothing super great, but I liked it, is it enough for points?

05) SVEA - BOOT - I didn't mind the verses, but the chorus was really poor for me, just weak and a music trend that I'm not a fan of.

06) Lucía Fernanda - BOOT - Yeah, this really was so low energy that it actually hurt.

07) Elley Duhé - TOOT - Aspects of this intrigued me, a bit lacklustre, but there are parts I can respect.

08) Alec Wigdahl - TOOT - The sort of male excellence that I strive for, very on Eoin trend, I hope this does really well, it deserves it and i fear for men in tsc.

09) Ayesha Erotica - BOOT - 404 was last week.

10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - BOOT - I struggled to find a solid flow in this song, and I just didn't really connect with it all that well.

11) BANKS - BOOT - I've never got the BANKS hype, and this does little to change it for me, this just leaves no impact on me and I was left bored frankly.

12) Chloe x Halle - SHOOT - Excellence as per usual, a new modern sound that just is transcendent. Their minds...

13) Krewella & Nucleya - TOOT - Kind of a batshit but fun beatdrop, aside from that, it does little to change the cookie cutter, ethnic pop sound.

14) Secret Weapons  - TOOT - Pretty sweet, pretty uptempo and just a fun solid pop song. I'm not head over heels in love with it but it's executed adequately.

15) RAYE - BOOT - This is so underwhelming, lacks her signature touch, very generic and very boring. Disappointing.

16) Capulets - BOOT - I think she has a nice voice, but the actual song was a bit...shit to me? Like she just spoke a lot in the chorus, and the verses dragged for me.

17) Ryu Su Jeong  - TOOT - I did like this but I was expecting a big drop that never really happened.

18) CXLOE - TOOT - This is the sort of song TSC eats up, I don't love it, I think she's had better, but it's still fine. I just don't see myself listening to this on repeat.

19) GALXARA - BOOT - This reminds me of something Bebe Rexha would sing. That's not a compliment.

20) BATHSHEBA - TOOT - It's cute, a nice chorus and production. Solid verses. Nice.

21) Hatari - TOOT - I kinda prefer this to their actual ESC song, it's more homosexual i feel, kinda lacked any real structure but kinda bop.

22) Faouzia  - SHOOT - Two SHOOTs in one week? Sorry to be basic, but this might be my favourite song of the year?

23) LÉON  - TOOT - Nothing new from her, but still a solid effort as per usual.

24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - TOOT - Kind of iconic? Not great music, but I have no choice to stan, and the chorus is kinda catchy.
1394 days 16 hours ago
onemanarmy
The 2nd Quarter Finalists

07) Elley Duhé - I expected this to be middle of the road but it's got such a haunting aura to it that I adored and I love her voice on this. This was another favorite of mine from it's semi and it deserved to qualify.

08) Alec Wigdahl - With a similar vibe to the above I couldn't help but fall in love with this one, his voice is solid and I love that thumping beat. It's a chill bop that deserved to qualify.

09) Ayesha Erotica - I got nothing against it's lyrics or it's genre but that auto tuned voice from start to end was just unappealing. I feel that we have Sea Viper and perhaps one other to blame for this qualifying and it really didn't deserve to qualify. Miya Folick may not have been the greatest but it was more worthy of being in the final over this.

10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - The production on this fit my taste range but their voices felt like they belonged on a different track, it's disjointed and I was never able to fully connect with it. It deserved to qualify thus it still managed to be good enough when compared to some others but I won't be returning to this when the week is over.

11) BANKS - This was just god awful, the equivalent to Lydia Cole of Semi 1 and it didn't deserve to qualify but likely got by simply on name, her fans trying hard to convince themselves this didn't completely suck in their comments but it does suck they just struggle to except it. Nive was so much better than this and should of taken it's place in the final.

12) Chloe x Halle - This is decent for R&B, I'm not big on the genre but these girls do manage to be tolerable.It's not one of my personal favorites this week but it did deserve to qualify. I do wish these girls would expand their sound and give us something more racier that pops.

The Stand Outs - Elley Duhé & Alec Wigdahl
1394 days 8 hours ago
Talian
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova : I feel kinda the dis-match between the vocals and the instrumentals. The prechorus is promising, but thy drop is not it for me. A little outdated.

02) RHODES : The vocals are on fire for this. But I feel this should have had some sort of octave lift somewhere. Instead of those couple of keys. If the chorus popped a little more off this could have better.

03) Sabrina Carpenter : Can’t deny the song feels good. But it kinda gets too repetitive after a while. It still pleasant thru and they but I wished for a little more dynamism.

04) Donna Missal : I mean.. Let You Let Me Down was right THERE. This is fine. Not really a fan of her country side or country in general but this was fun enough.

05) SVEA : Ok this really popped off in the chorus. I feel empowered.

06) Lucía Fernanda : This was fine but didn’t really blow me away. Surely it had potential but I feel it wasn’t really used.

07) Elley Duhé : I love her but I have to admit this is one of the most tame songs from her. Not really my thing.

08) Alec Wigdahl : This was actually everything. Also repetitive but it works somehow. I really really liked this.

09) Ayesha Erotica :  have no appeal whatsoever to this .

10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) : This wasfine. Can’t say it changed my life to the lightest. But it was still very enjoyable.

11) BANKS : This is the first i am saying this about a BANKS song but fuck. This is such a masterpiece. Absolutely marvelous. Amazing. Like seriously. I am wowed.

12) Chloe x Halle : Those vocals. Are they even human? Then. Definitely not the best from Ungodly Hour but still amazing if you ask me.

13) Krewella & Nucleya : I didn’t really feel this at all I am afraid. It honestly felt kinda cheap. The drop isn’t for me at all.

14) Secret Weapons : This POPPED OFF. Thsi is just for me in every and which way. I LOVED this. LOVED this.

15) RAYE : It’s not bad but I am not even mad I lost the race for this. It’s very fine. But definitely not my fav.

16) Capulets : This literally passed me by. It wasn’t bad. But sure didn’t leave an impact .

17) Ryu Su Jeong : KPop is really turning it up in 2020 heh? This was very cool. Like not properly amazing but wow. I am impressed.

18) CXLOE : This is a joke to Devil You Don’t (humble i known . But it’s good nonetheless. The chorus goes off.

19) GALXARA : Honestly  this kinda gave me an headache. The song isn’t bad per se but the vocals... meh.

20) BATHSHEBA : I was so keeping this for if we ever had the under 25k views contest. So I hate you.

21) Hatari : I just stan they what can I say? Brilliant but I expected nothing less.

22) Faouzia : Amazing vocalist. This definitely is her best song.

23) LÉON : I actually enjoyed this. Like seriously very calming and a much needed change of pace for this contest.

24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate : Not my style but at least it’s fun.
1394 days 8 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - not really a huge fan of the girlies collabing with these crap male djs but this one is OK. the production is a lil bit interesting but i feel like ive heard this 500 times over <3
02) RHODES - when i see m*n in TSC i FLOOOOOR IT. i just feel like if a female was to serve us something like this she would be ripped a new arsehole. its like bottom of the barrel pure LAZINESS.
03) Sabrina Carpenter -  i acc rly like this. i think the chorus is rly sultry and sexy. i wish she'd had just built it up to something a bit better towards the end but whatever
04) Donna Missal - this has literally caught me off guard so much. i was ready to drag her but why is this literally stunning. im in love with the vocals. the verses are pure perfection to me and that chorus is a grower. im gobsmacked.
05) SVEA - i mean i SHOULD be in love with this trashy pop song but it just really gives me generic. that chorus is f*cking HORRID LOOOOL and then that breakdown into the instrumental.. LAZY!
06) Lucía Fernanda - idk what shes saying.. the lyrical content could be a load of shite but i dont care.. this is so pretty and i like it even more than the semis its just so PRETTTYYYY
07) Elley Duhé - aw i luv elley shes gorgeous. not rly a huge fan of this but i feel like a lot of people will like it its just got that punchy production behind it that i know a lot of people will wet themselves over. its okay tho it might grow on me
08) Alec Wigdahl - oh i actually dont mind this. the production is rly good. i wish it went a little further and had a big climax just seemed a bit reserved towards the end... hold AWN why am i hearing bad guy... oh not sure if im particularly a fan of this now wtf
09) Ayesha Erotica - QUEEN... I DO NOT KNOW A BETTER ENTRY. its high time we all pay ayesha our respects for the bops she has given the world. im not even being sarcastic her songs are IT. personally not my fave from her she has wayyyy better but this is still so good so? i cant even be mad abt it
10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - verses are boring as shite but that chorus was A BOP. but not sure if its good enough to get any points from me.. but the start of that chorus wheeeew. the verses just are not doing anything for me
11) BANKS - she will forever be one of my favourite artists of all time this song is TIMELESS.. i will never get bored of it just like most of her discography. she is artist of the DECADE. end of. this song is so beautiful, so stunning and one of my favourite releases of last year. its so soft, so emotional and it transcends me to ANOTHER UNIVERSE... there is LEVELS TO THIS.. SHE IS A PROPHET SENT FROM GOD. 
12) Chloe x Halle - at first listen i did pay it dust.. i thought it was something sweet for the girlies.. but after the live performances of this WHEEEEW. i found a whole new love for this. its fucking STUNNING. the vocals will always be on point with them and i just love seeing their growth. their voices are so f*ckin DREAMYYYYY. i've had this on replay for the last couple weeks so gooood.
13) Krewella & Nucleya - when i saw krewella i had to roll my eyes a bit cos what shes served before has been pure CRAP. shes just that generic girly with a beat drop.. nothing new nothing changed same old shit.. SAME OLD FUCKING SHIT. however, i dont mind this as much. still the same old shite but at least i can get through the whole song without completely hating it so good for her!
14) Secret Weapons - ????????? theres just a lot going on. this song gives me a rolling credit song after a movie probably to get people out their seats fast enough so they dont have to listen to this tripe
15) RAYE - took a lil bit to get into it but its acc quite good raye cant do any wrong if we r being honest and the line when she mentions dolly.. wow.. perfection
16) Capulets - oh i already like this frm the opening line the voice is giving me very much rebecca ferguson.. wow her mind she truly is the blueprint. apart frm the vocals the verses arent THAT interesting but that chorus is actually rly good and i enjoy it a lot.
17) Ryu Su Jeong - was hoping for a serve and she had all the ingredients for a serve but that chorus was crap sorry
18) CXLOE - shes just giving us something cute for the summertime. not sure its going to be a timeless classic. but its cute to listen for a few weeks then never touch the song ever again. queen of being fodder in my 2020 playlist - but she does it so flawlessly!
19) GALXARA - this is just TOO MUCH. shes trying so hard i think . i am partial to a chaotic messy song but it just feels like this is just stepping the mark a LIL BIT. and what are them lyrics LMFAO.. what is she on about. shes off her rocker ill tell u that much.
20) BATHSHEBA - i think this song is a grower but when she blossoms she blossoms! i love the progression towards the end and the production is rly punchy
21) Hatari - very different.. not sure its a different im getting behind i was a lil bit scared :(
22) Faouzia - i dont rly listen to faouzia like that so this is the first time im aware of this songs existence and it rly does slap on first listen. its not exactly tears of gold.. maybe her distance step sister.
23) LÉON - one of my favourite artists of all time she truly doesnt have a bad song and this sad bop is just what i need in my life.. she just knows how to tug on my heart strings while serving pop perfection
24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - i still think all night is one of her best songs.. SEND THAT CHALLENGE AND ILL GIVE U MY 12 <3 i heard this when it first came out didnt leave too much of an impression of me. its cute tho but im just not a huge fan of the "damn daniel" shite.. it just reminds me of that meme and it make me CRINGE into a ball.. she truly is too much of a queen for this.
1394 days 7 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
I hope you all know how WRONG you were for doing On i Ona dirty. Before we begin let's give them another listen!

To commemorate them & their death in the semi, I'll be giving out ON's (toots) and ONA's (boots). I'm literally doing this for every TSC I'm ever in again so nobody forgets how robbed they were. Good luck noms.

01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - ON. This was a cute opener, it didn't blow me way whatsoever but it was nice, if I heard this before the contest I'd think "nah, TSC won't like this." Will I be right?
02) RHODES - ON. I wasn't sold immediately but he did that! This type of song has to be done properly and this was done very well, love his "belting" moments, and the way he uses his voice as the song goes on is stun. I kinda loved this.
03) Sabrina Carpenter - ONA. This below average Sabrina Carpenter track beat out the excellence of On i Ona. I still can't believe it because there's a barrel and this song is scraping the bottom of it. I'm BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04) Donna Missal - ON. She's been in TSC like once years ago, and I still remember her LOL. It's not necessarily a song I would seek out but I thought it was a cute moment that grew on me as it went on.
05) SVEA - ON. This was interesting! It's always a toss up for me with the talk singing moment but I enjoyed it here. It's a nice bop, the chorus keeps slaying me lol.
06) Lucía Fernanda - ON. Period! This was a bop that was most definitely needed in the contest. Idc what anyone else says, this served to me and I loved the vibe.
07) Elley Duhé - ON.  I almost sent this to the first TSC this year. I admit, I was way more gagged over it back then but, I'm still a fan of it because her voice is stun, and the production is a yes.
08) Alec Wigdahl - ONA. The Billie Eilish inspiration jumped out with that production. On second listen I'm wondering how it qualified because On i Ona outsold. It's been done way better before.
09) Ayesha Erotica - ON. The fact that TSC even let Ayesha get to a final is iconic to me. She's a winner baby!
10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - ON. MOMS. The upbeat production on this slayed so much to me, and they brought attitude which I love.
11) BANKS - ON. She's finally back with one of my favourite songs from III. She can literally do no wrong for me. Well, other than beating Loreen in TSC twice. But other than that, mom!
12) Chloe x Halle - ON. Oh I do love these queens, I really do. I'm into R&B so of course I'm stanning this song to bits. So glad they qualified!
13) Krewella & Nucleya - ONA. I always check out their new releases for something good, but I never become impressed, and I wasn't impressed with this either. This is just kinda all over the place.
14) Secret Weapons - ONA. I really despise this song I won't lie. There's no way in HELL that this song deserved to qualify over legends On i Ona. This song makes me cringe, ngl.
15) RAYE - ON. This is one of my favourites from her, especially of her recent releases. I loved Secrets too (and almost sent it), but this is better and it's serving a lot of attitude and is just a very catchy song. She's defo gonna be doing well.
16) Capulets - ON. Oh wow, this was really good! I think the chorus carries the entire song, and I like it a lot. It defo has replay value for me.
17) Ryu Su Jeong - ON. I have never heard of her but I'm definitely interested now because this song slayed to me. I love how she uses her voice in the chorus especially, the beat keeps you on your toes and helps you enjoy this bop! I'm a fan.
18) CXLOE - ON. This is such an obvious contender I'm kinda sick. It's good though what can I say? Devil You Don't did outserve I won't lie, but yeah it's good.
19) GALXARA - ON. I LOVEEE THIS QUEEN. Everything about this song is SO GOOD. Her attitude in the verses, the ICONIC pre-chorus and then the banging chorus. One of my favourites of this entire year to be honest.
20) BATHSHEBA - ON. It's definitely a qualifer (I was right), and she served more than a lot of the other entries did this week. It isn't really groundbreaking but regardless I liked it.
21) Hatari - ONA. Not to recycle this comment for like a 4th time, but imagine this qualifying over the bop that On i Ona served- oh wait that actually happened! This is so bad.
22) Faouzia - ONA. I'm tired. We're all tired. END FAOUZIA IN 2020. She needs to hit the road.
23) LÉON - ON. She really does have one of my favourite voices ever. She doesn't  know how to make a bad song. This is beautiful and I'm stanning.
24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - ON. The perfect choice for the closer, I really love these queens. The excellence jumped out and I'm loving it.
1394 days 5 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. I really like the drop!
2. Who allowed this to qualify?
3. Finally! This is my favourite song by her! Such a bop!
4. Really like this. She has a nice voice
5. The superior "selfish" song. This goes off!
6. This felt like such a mess!
7. Meh! It felt a bit one note
8. This was horrible!
9. Lol so trashy but I kind of love it
10. This was just noise
11. Meh I was kind of bored
12. This was so boring!
13. I really liked this! Pretty cool bop!
14. Their voices didn't really match the music
15. I felt myself vibing to this
16. It's nothing special but it's a decent listen
17. This was quite good!
18. She's got better. This was alright
19. I like her hair... didn't care for the song
20. This is quite catchy
21. I'm so happy they qualified! I absolutely love them and this song!
22. This was kind of basic
23. Another kind of basic song
24. Why was this actually good?

Also justice for on i ona that song is a bop!
1394 days 2 hours ago
Slice
(01) “Where You Wanna Be” by R3HAB, Elena Temnikova

Anywhere but listening to this song.

(02) “Love You Sober” by RHODES

I’m not sure I CAN love this sober, or drunk for that matter.

(03) “Paris” by Sabrina Carpenter

Really love the dark guitar in this song. Good vibe, doesn’t really go anywhere which is a bit disappointing but holds pretty strong throughout.

(04) “Hurt by You” by Donna Missal

Was immediately worried this was gonna be a bore when it started but it was really pleasant. Love her voice, I think the guitar is great, and I enjoyed this as a whole.

(05) “Selfish” by SVEA

Glad this Selfish qualified over the other one from Semi 2 cause it was by far better. The chorus is pretty fun, as is the instrumental, but it’s nothing amazing.

(06) “La Manta” by Lucía Fernanda

I was enjoying this quite a bit until those little bits of that woodwind instrument came in, and then I started enjoying it a lot. Really enjoyed the ending. Super fresh and actually listenable for a TSC song!

(07) “MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT” by Elley Duhé

This is so… whatever. The guitar is really cool and is the only part of the instrumental that kept me interested. The song as a whole is one note/wildly repetitive. No thanks.

(08) “Cologne” by Alec Wigdahl

What is with all these boring ass songs that don’t really have ANYTHING going on? This did nothing for me AT ALL.

(09) “Vacation Bible School” by Ayesha Erotica

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

(10) “Naughty” by Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi)

Red Velvet was REALLY disappointing me recently with most of their singles. Psycho was a good high note after a string of like 3 or 4 awful songs and then Monster from this Irene/Seulgi project was really meh. THIS SONG HITS HARD. THANK YOU! One of Red Velvet’s best songs and three of them aren’t even on it… :-/

(11) “Contaminated” by BANKS

Definitely one of the best songs off of III which is quite a feat to accomplish because that album is INCREDIBLE (look what you’re doing to me DON’T INTERACT). BANKS has a way of making me feel the emotion she is portraying even if I have never felt it before, which is like 90% of the time. Excellent songwriting and fabulous production.

(12) “Do It” by Chloe x Halle

We love Ungodly Hour in this household. We love Chloe x Halle in this household. This is probably the most universal of all the good tracks in this semi (see 9-12) so I’m watching y’alls critiques to see which of the less tasteful people can at least enjoy this bop cause I’m over the lame opinions some of you people have.

(13) “Good On You” by Krewella, Nucleya

The title is about my patience while actually listening to this song and not faking a comment. That’s all I have to say though. If you’ve listened to like 12 other songs in this final, you’ve listened to this one.

(14) “konichiwild” by Secret Weapons

This was a great song. Really different from everything else so far IMO and a really great bop.

(15) “Natalie Don’t” by RAYE

I will admit I bopped to this a bit. Natalie do.

(16) “Stranger Love” by Capulets

This was a lot groovier and enjoyable in its semi but with time it has become a little less so. Still fun but not with a lot of replay value.

(17) “Tiger Eyes” by Ryu Su Jeong

This song honestly made me laugh? Which isn’t a bad thing, but the Kylie Minogue-esque sampling in the choruses are kinda corny and the chorus is just so different… I want to like it but it’s not hitting correct for me.

(18) “12 Steps” by CXLOE

This song felt like 12 steps when some of the songs in this final are taking 100 leaps.

(19) “Jealous of Myself” by GALXARA

This was really fun. I love the attitude and it definitely has a nice groove to it. I really love the opening few seconds the most, weirdly enough.

(20) “Hit ‘N’ Run” by BATHSHEBA

Would I have enjoyed this a lot more if it was earlier on and I didn’t have to slog through all the songs before it that kinda sound similar? For sure. Do I still like it the most out of all of those songs? Definitely.

(21) “Klámstrákur” by Hatari

This song really spanks and I would’ve never expected a Eurovision band to put out something this interesting. I enjoyed this a hell of a lot.

(22) “The Road” by Faouzia

Snooze. Awful.

(23) “And It Breaks My Heart” by LÉON

This was pleasant. Her voice gives me less talented Miley Cyrus which is kind of a compliment because to even have a shred of Miley Cyrus’ talent is to be a very talented vocalist.

(24) “Damn Daniel” by Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate

This song title triggers the fuck out of me because this meme was the bane of my existence. Any time someone would see me IRL they would say this, people would comment it on my instagram pics… Thank god the song is okay. I love Bree Runway but this really isn’t one of her best… I still bop regardless.
1394 days 1 hour ago
NicoleF
01) R3HAB & Elena Temnikova - ON - When I tell you this slapped, it really did! The beat explosion in the chorus was so good! I wish the verses would've had more production supporting the vocals but it was a good song overall!
02) RHODES - ONA - See he has the type of voice that I should, and usually would, like...but the song just seemed mediocre and...I've heard similar sounding songs that've done this sound 3278728 times better.
03) Sabrina Carpenter - ONA - Ugh. Sabrina's voice is so pretty and you hear that her voice and vibe is maturing, but she really needs to hire better songwriters cause some lines, specifically in the chorus, are cringey and that's always her issue for me.
04) Donna Missal - ONA - Nothing actually was wrong with this. It just went a way different than I expected and was hoping it'd go and, artistically, I just felt they went a wrong direction cause their direction led me to feel meh towards the song.
05) SVEA - ONA - Why did this qualify? This is actually really bad lol.
06) Lucía Fernanda - ON - Was mixed on it at first but it slaps harder and harder as the song goes on and now I'm kind of obsessed with it!
07) Elley Duhé - ONA - This did not age well throughout the week. It just seems basic and unoriginal now. Like nothing wows me and, although I liked it at first, it aged like milk.
08) Alec Wigdahl - ON - This honestly is good. I think I like it less now than when I did when I listened to it earlier in the week, but it still has a catchy chorus and good production.
09) Ayesha Erotica - ON - I really didn't want to like this cause of how messy and bad it is...but it kinda slaps I can't like LMAO.
10) Red Velvet (Irene & Seulgi) - ONA - Nothing was bad with this but it just faults from the fact that I just ever could get into it. I even relistened to it and I don't know why but it just....I don't connect to it.
11) BANKS - ON - Took awhile to get into it but once I did, I never looked back. This was beautiful!
12) Chloe X Halle - ONA - Queens but...respectively, this isn't my type of music so for me to like it, it needs to be amazing and I just felt bored and the chorus, specifically, needed something more happening to liven up the song. I was tired.
13) Krewella & Nucleya - ON - Oh this was everything I wanted and more! A sick beat drop, amazing production, hypnotic vocals! Everything was literally amazing!
14) Secret Weapons - ON - First off, best song title ever! Secondly, this is honestly the definition of fun, summer bop! If this was submitted in, like, any other month, I might not be head of heels for it, but this is the perfect time for this song!
15) RAYE - ON - This song aged like fine wine! Beautiful vocals, professional, radio-ready feel, and just very clean and with great flow! I loved it! One of my faves this week!
16) Capulets - ONA - This, unfortunately, just isn't for me, but hey...it's not horrible...it's listenable so that's more than some songs can say lol. Some moments actually had me contemplating possibly making it a noot, but it's a boot, or ona, this week overall.
17) Ryu Su Jeong - ON - This grew on me. K-pop standards? One of the better ones. In general standards? Still pretty good.
18) CXLOE - ONA - Chloe, from Chloe X Halle, outsold CXLOE this week....and I booted/ona'd Chloe X Halle this week so...do the math.
19) GALXARA - ON - Is there a possibility for a shoot on the on/ona scoring system cause...holy shit I literally loved everything about this song. This has potential to be top 10 year-end for me...I can already see me getting addicted to this.
20) BATHSHEBA - ON - I liked it in the beginning of the week but it stayed stagnant as the week went on. It's not bad, hence the on, but like...it's a light toot/on.
21) Hatari - ONA - Why the fuck did this qualify!? It's so bad! Worst entry in both semis...worst entry of the week!
22) Faouzia - ON - Okay we're having two shoots this week even though, like GALXARA, I don't know what shoot is in on/ona form. Just like GALXARA, this has potential to be top 10 by the end of the year for TSC. I literally stan the fuck out of Faouzia. Her voice is top notch and this song is just so beautiful!
23) LÉON - ON - Sucks that this has to follow it up Faouzia, but this is still an amazing and it holds up, enjoyable song and I literally adore that chorus! So infectious! A great song and, aesthetic-wise, I want this to be blasting with the windows down at nighttime on the highway...that sounds...perfect. This literally may be my third equivalent to a shoot this week...wow.
24) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - ON - It's a good song but it just followed two juggernauts so it pales in comparison and I'm not a fan of the final verse/hook, but overall it's Bree Runway so of course it's enjoyable and full of personality.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!