This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 247 Themed Contest information

Topic » TSC 247 Themed Contest..

2852 days 3 hours ago
onemanarmy
it`s not about the video though rod, the song or the artist needs to have a theme word in it
2852 days 3 hours ago
rodrigueseve
Oh, rlly? Thats kinda shity, but i already found something gladly. If the themed weeks will be themes like im gonnan live for them, so fun, funny and creative, LOVE IT! Im actualy enjoying the rotation but im afraid i wont like the foreign week... nothing against foreign, i even sent some but so many in one single contest....
2850 days 14 hours ago
DallasAndrew
So, the important thing is to contain a word about a sport even if it is not about a sport? And if the song really is about a sport or even the Olympics, but doesn't contain a certain word, it is not accepted? I'm not sure, but that's what I've understood by the rules and it is really strange to me.
2850 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
I am yet to come across as suggestion that has something to do with the Olympics or a sport that has not got something relevant in the title.

If you are referring to my post about theme songs, one was a theme song of a wrestler (when she walks out to the ring)  and the other was theme song of the UEFA European Football Championships. Neither mention the sport at all.

I will be taking each suggestion as it comes in, but if we're going to accept music just because it has some association with a sport, the theme is going to become even more tenuous than it already is. :p

If there is a song that is clearly about a sport or Olympics but  doesn't have a mention of it in the title or artist name, it may well be accepted. But like I say, I have to take each entry as it comes, as I can't really say with certainty when talking about hypothetical entries. :)
2850 days 7 hours ago
DallasAndrew
Ok, I understand. That seems correct to me, the idea was that there are songs which are refering certainly to a sport but doesn't mention the exact name of that sport in the lyrics or in the title. If there are accepted this type of songs, I think that it is fair. There are also songs that doesn't have the sport as the theme, but can associate a name of a sport or an athlete for a ryme or sth to associate it, but they have nothing to do with it. I think that this type of songs shouldn't be accepted.
2849 days 9 hours ago
ricktworick1
Still, a sport related song doesn't have to have a sport-related term in a song title. That kills the spirit of the theme.
2849 days 8 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Can you expand on your point Rick? I'm not sure if that is something I need to respond to or not. :)
2849 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Updated Rules:

- All songs must have some sort of reference to the Olympic Games, Host city/country or sports featured in the games,
- The references can be in either the Artist's name or Song name.
- Songs that are clearly about a sport will be accepted even if there is not a clear link in the title of the song. However this does not mean a single mention in the lyrics will make it eligible. The whole song has to be focused around that sport.
- Songs that have been used as official themes of a contest (such as a World Cup) MAY be accepted if there is a clear link to the sport they represent. General themes at this moment in time will not be accepted.

If I'm unsure of the relevance of a song, I will be asking another host to deem whether or not it can be entered based on the above criteria.
2849 days 7 hours ago
ryan5676
Could we enter our songs now?
2849 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
I have written out the rules again in more detail, as there seem to be mixed-up messages floating around. :)
2849 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
After the results of the contest, Ryan. :)
2849 days 7 hours ago
Yoshitomi
I have my entry at the ready. XD
Imma be kicking butt! :P
...Except I will probably be missing the results so someone may nab my entry. :'(

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!