This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 2

3009 days 15 hours ago
YouCantHaveMe
What is this place? Where am I?

01) The Common Linnets
Is this a Wayward Pines fan video or is this a song from Wayward Pines? Anyway, I'm kind of into TCL sometimes and I'm into this.

02) Meg Myers
She's really feeling herself in the front yard. It's a little much for me.

03) Jack Savoretti
Eh.

04) Faouzia
Interesting voice. Song feels disjointed to me.

05) Mt. Eden
Took too long to get trendy and even that wasn't interesting.

06) Miia
I am not moved.

07) Tom Odell
I don't remember how I felt about this song the first time around, which probably isn't a good thing.

08) K. Michelle
BUT I REMEMBER BEING INTO THIS ONE AND I'M STILL INTO IT.

09) JoJo
Can JoJo even hear what she's playing on the guitar when she puts her headphones on? Her voice has matured a lot. Suits her.

10) Zara Larsson
I remember you, Swedish Rihanna. I probably like this more today than I did then, but I honestly don't remember.

11) Elena
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. Take all of my points.

12) Helly Luv
7 minutes? Girl... I see she's a pointer sister, too. The song itself feels a little long for what it is.

13) Jill Scott
Feelin' it.

14) Charlie
"I spent $20 on these light gels and I'M GOING TO USE THEM!"

15) Cash Cash
Groan.

16) Awa
I like this one, particularly when it gets a little funky.

17) The Score
Nah.

18) Oh Land
I'd bop to this while driving.

19) Tinashe
I HAVE bopped to this while driving. Fuck it UPPPPPP.

20) Izzy Bizu
This needs to be called Gimmie Love and be performed by Carlegend Slae JepsentfromHeaven, but it's okay I guess.

21) NateWantsToBattle
Noooooo. Hated it then, hate it now.

22) Eva Simons
We had Swedish Rihanna and now we have... Other Rihanna. I'm not really into it.

23) The Well
Eh. It's a bit anticlimactic.

24) Lost Frequencies
Summery, but could benefit from being meatier.
3009 days 10 hours ago
Insanity
1. The Common Linets - Oh God... Make it stop
2. Meg Myers - Thx for breaking my 81 contest losing streak Meg you the real MVP
3. Jack Savoretti - Kinda cute I guess? Nothing I'd think twice about though
4. Faouzia - I'm glad this won! =] Still just as cutesy and quirky as I remember!
5. Mt. Eden - Yawn.......
6. Miia - Double yawn.......
7. Tom Odell - TP I'm disappointed in you because Not Your Way is so much better than this.
8. K. Michelle - Didn't vote for this last time even though it won by a landslide. Might vote for it this time. It's grown on me a bit.
9. JoJo - This is like the last "old school" JoJo song I remember. It's not on the caliber of Too Little Too Late, or Leave (Get Out), but it's still good.
10. Zara Larsson - I'm bopping to this. Very funky, kinda Caribbean sounding
11. Elena - Oh God I remember this. I gave it a 12 I think because everything else in this contest was shit. I don't think it's gonna happen again, even with my 12 now not even being the highest.
12. Helly Luv - UNITED. UNITED. WE'RE MARCHING HERE. FUCK ME UP!!!!!!!!
13. Jill Scott - The last 30 seconds is the best part
14. Charlie - Oh this has a video now. This seems like something that could easily get radio play. It's nice.
15. Cash Cash - Um idk how I feel about this.
16. Awa - Ahhhhhhh this is nice. I can see why this won!
17. The Score - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm idk it's nice enough
18. Oh Land - Oh shit fuck me up. I remember this song. Really great.
19. Tinashe - I fucking love this song and it's so much better w/o Chris Brown and Tinashe will continue to be the end of my life
20. Izzy Bizu - Yeah ok gurl I feel you
21. NateWantsToBattle - Gurl you tried
22. Eva Simons - Best to be enjoyed ironically
23. The Well - I think I enjoyed this more than I did last time but it's still kinda meh
24. Lost Frequencies - This is also kinda boring

Sorry these comments kinda suck. Love you all < 3
3009 days 9 hours ago
smi9127
01) The Common Linnets – Wasn’t really a fan of this. I don’t even remember this being submitted the first time which sadly says a lot. Not memorable.
02) Meg Myers – Pretty good, not in love with it. I wouldn’t put it on my playlist tbh but I can see why it did so well.
03) Jack Savoretti – Also not a big fan of this one. See first comment but like I sort of remember this. Not horrible but just…. meh
04) Faouzia – Pretty catchy. Also not in love with this but I do really like her voice! It gets better it grew on me. I don’t remember this either… lmao
05) Mt. Eden – This was okay. Not very catchy and this music is kind of annoying.
06) Miia – Yessss I became such a Miia fan after this song was n TSC. Still one of my fav songs on my studying playlist
07) Tom Odell – I loved this song when it was first picked but I feel like I listened to it so much that I now am annoyed by it but I still like it.
08) K. Michelle – Its pretty catchy but again not my favorite. Don’t think I liked it too much the first time either
09) JoJo – Also not a big fan of this one either. I liked the first half of this contest more tbh lol
10) Zara Larsson – This one is pretty good. At least its sort of catchy and her voice is pretty good but again its meh.
11) Elena – Ugh also not a fan of this I just don’t know ugh.
12) Helly Luv – Yes finally something I can get into. This is unique and fun.yas
13) Jill Scott – Also not a giant fan. The music is pretty good just not living for her voice.
14) Charlie – Also not super catchy and not a big fan of this lmao. All meh.
15) Cash Cash – This is good for like a gaming playlist… I feel like I said that last time. Not back
16) Awa – This was actually pretty good, sort of catchy. I could get with this yea im sort of feeling it ok.
17) The Score – Kind of boring honestly… err not very memorable see comment one.
18) Oh Land – ugh also sort of boring. Not about this tbh
19) Tinashe – Wasn’t a fan of this the first time… or this time.
20) Izzy Bizu – This was… pretty good. Nothing in this contest has wowed me :L
21) NateWantsToBattle – Notmy type of music
22) Eva Simons – Almost did not submit this. Hoping it does well I still think its catchy
23) The Well – Sort of catchy… might do well with the wuality of this contest tbh.
24) Lost Frequencies – This was a really nice ending I really liked it actually
3009 days 7 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
@Insanity I wasn't allowed to use it!
3009 days ago
77sparks77
1) The Common Linnets - BOOT - It was boring and repetitive… There was never a high imo, I just didn't find anything that was memorable enough to even comment on.
2) Meg Myers - BOOT - I gave her last place in the last contest she was in (I rank every single contestant from 1-26… yeah.) But, really, I mean this wasn't as bad as I remember? I kinda liked the structure of the song, there were some very predictable moments but yeah... It wasn't AS bad as I remember, there are elements I like. Mainly the chorus tbh, the verses were boring.
3) Jack Savoretti - BOOT - Felt a bit generic… Like there was nothing that made it really unique. The tuen was decent and so was the singing and I'm into the general sound, but there's nothing that would make me remember it and that's why I'm booting.
4) Faouzia - TOOT - Ooh, a bop! I'd forgotten about this with the really nice accent and rhythm. It was a very solid entry.
5) Mt. Eden - TOOT - This was actually pretty decent, I mean I forgot about it a little in the middle cause I was doing other stuff, so maybe not the most striking performance… but still sounded pretty good to me,
6) Miia - TOOT - The first one that I think I know all the words to… I really like this one and I can't exactly explain why, I think it's the build up or something? Very impactful.
7) Tom Odell - BOOT - Needed just a little more of something to push it over the edge for me. It's like if I was on The Voice… this would be the one where I was hovering over my button but didn't push it cause I didn't get that wow factor. It was nice-ish.
8) K. Michelle - BOOT - I feel like I've heard it 100 times before and I didn't really care for it those first 100 times. Eh.
9) JoJo - BOOT - Start strong, slowly turn to little more than background music. It's not a groundbreaking formula. I kinda liked it, but I needed more to give it a TOOT.
10) Zara Larsson - BOOT - I don't like how much I liked this cause I thought it was very genetic and expected… but the tune was catchy. Still, there was something that put me off it.
11) Elena - BOOT - There's a lot of entries here that I'm on the fence with… I mean this was catchy but once again nothing stand out… Like I don't remember large portions of the song, and yet I think I liked it while I was listening.
12) Helly Luv - BOOT - Too long and it didn't even go anywhere, smh.
3009 days ago
77sparks77
13) Jill Scott - BOOT - I mean it was easy listening, but that ending definitely ruined the chilled vibes I was having. It kinda offset everything.
14) Charlie - TOOT - It was more memorable than half the songs we''ve had to listen to so far, I think it got lucky with it's placement in this contest.
15) Cash Cash - BOOT - I was feeling her voice but not hers and he made me dislike hers more and just… messy.
16) Awa - TOOT - Repetivie, but also a bop. It was fun enough.
17) The Score - TOOT - This is on my phone so…
18) Oh Land - BOOT - This wasn't actually that bad, like I wanted to TOOT but I just didn't think it was worthy based on how harsh I've been this contest. Decent entry, just not an amazing one.
19) Tinashe - BOOT - There was a nice enough beat in the background, but overall it wasn't enough to hook me.
20) Izzy Bizu - BOOT - Litearlly see above but a little better.
21) NateWantsToBattle - TOOT - The much needed pop punk needed to save this generic female vocal fest. I am living for this probably just because it's against such dull and generic entries. Yes Nate!
22) Eva Simons - BOOT - I'm almost offended that my name is attached to this. I might seriously considering changing to 'Victor'…
23) The Well - TOOT - I kinda liked this the first time and after the contest I just faced… Well I really love this now as you can imagine.
24) Lost Frequencies - BOOT - Whilst I liked his voice, the whole thing just got boring and repetitive after a while… I couldn't get into it as much as I would have liked to. /:
3008 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
There's quite a few missing entries... I'm going to give it a little more time.
3008 days 22 hours ago
FlameonX
i'm halfway through!
3008 days 21 hours ago
FlameonX
1) The Common Linnets - Male/Female duets are always so pretty.
2) Meg Myers - I wonder if I liked this last time, because I'm not feeling it this time around.
3) Jack Savoretti - Ah yes, that male vocal. That rasp.
4) Faouzia - I'm pretty sure I loved this. Much nice. Brass and strong vocals.
5) Mt. Eden - I'm not a fan of that echoey, distant voice thing.
6) Miia - Oh wow, this was so pretty ;_;
7) Tom Odell - Great build. It was nice.
8) K. Michelle - I remember this!
9) JoJo - I just like ter tone, but I definitely miss her old stuff.
10) Zara Larsson - This gets quite a bit of radio play here.
11) Elena - I think I thought this was fun, but it will be much tougher to get points in this contest.
12) Helly Luv - It's like OK.
13) Jill Scott - I think I didn't give this points last time because there were so many songs I liked.
14) Charlie - Welp, I'm sold.
15) Cash Cash - I like the female vocal?
16) Awa - This is still great.
17) The Score - Middle part's great, but yeah.
18) Oh Land - This kind of just passed me by.
19) Tinashe - Hehehe. I been loving me some Tinashe.
20) Izzy Bizu - It's OK. It doesn't turn me on.
21) NateWantsToBattle - Brings me back to grade seven, haha.
22) Eva Simons - Drop her what?!
23) The Well - The fragility of the male vocal when he sings softly is so pretty.
24) Lost Frequencies - It's cute!
3008 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Results:

The 10 Qualifiers for the final:

Aquamarine        Cash Cash
Bibbles        The Well
Catch_a_falling_star        K. Michelle
Fritzyyyyy        Izzy Bizu
kimmal8        Lost Frequencies
patrick319        Awa
ricktworick1        Zara Larsson
Ryan5676        The Common Linnets
Smi9127        Eva Simons
TolisKalkas        Elena

Still in the running for a spot in second chance

77Sparks77        The Score
CharlieBibi        Helly Luv
Insanity        Meg Myers
Konohavillage1        Jill Scott
krrais        Jack Savoretti
Monrooster        Oh Land
Nerdbird44        Faouzia
PrincessTeePee        Tom Odell
SomebodyAwesome        Miia
YouCantHaveMe        Tinashe

Eliminated from the Best Of Competition.
FlameonX        Charlie
ianfitz0012        JoJo
Samhuss        Mt. Eden
Yoshitomi        NateWantsToBattle

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!