This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Maluku Finale

Topic » Maluku Finale

1640 days 11 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Some of yall sent people mad to the jury and it shows
1640 days 9 hours ago
RedsKanto
Question for all of y’all. I vote based on strategic game. It’s nice to have a physical game and social connections, but they are useless when you don’t take advantage of them. So I want to know what your biggest STRATEGIC moves were. And I do not just want one move. I want multiple. I want obscure ones with good explanation. Prove you knew what you were doing the whole game and not just one or two rounds.
1640 days 8 hours ago
HudsonRivr
Kyle:

Here's what I would say were my most strategic plays:

1. Orchestrating JT's blindside. 

I felt he was WAY too much of a wildcard to be in a position like he was in, having influence within the swapped Saparua group as well as his chat with me, Max, John and Will. It's not that I thought he distrusted ME or anything, but I knew he had lied to me about unleashing Reverse & Revoke and I didn't quite know where his head was at -- and to me that was dangerous.

So when Will suggested voting you out (something I was NOT down for because I had a lot of trust in you and originally wanted our Pubhouse alliance chat to become the final four), I came  to you and said "let's fake a conversation where you tell me JT ratted out the plan." I figured the best way to get the vote onto him organically was to just frame him for being a rat.

I made sure everything appeared as chaotic and last-second as possible in order to more easily push the vote through and make sure Will and John didn't question anything, but in reality, the whole thing was planned out from top to bottom. This plan kept you safe without me even appearing to be the one changing the vote (it was Will and Alan who wound up being the ones to suggest JT's name), and it maintained my connections on both sides, as I essentially became the swing between you/Nick/Max/Kat and Alan/Brian/Will/John.

2. Alan's boot. 

This one was more of a two-parter between Max and I, because when I was conceiving of the JT boot, he let me know that Alan had already made a secret four-person chat with him, Brian and Nick. 

Come the final 9, I decided it would be much smarter to have the "Kelang Reunion" chat cannibalize itself, and once again leave me with the most options down the road.  So I had Max rat out that chat to Will, and I really pushed the narrative that I felt Alan was trying to play both sides and take out our "final three" with John. 

This once again served the purpose of keeping all my closest allies on the same page, and it was a bit sneaky on my part because I knew I was setting myself up in a far stronger position than Max and Nick for the double.

And this also played into the next move I'm gonna mention...

3. Your vote at the final 8.

This was one of the few votes this season where I had to change up my plans and make a last-minute decision.  My plan was always to go with you, Nick and Max to the final four. But when Will sent me quoted messages of your's telling him he was the target, I was FURIOUS.  I felt I couldn't have such a wildcard in my endgame plans. So I quickly talked to Nick and we decided to shift the vote off of Will and onto you.

This is the thing that's so ideal about keeping up trust on both sides of the game, because it didn't seem that Will questioned for even a second whether you were telling the truth or not. We were able to change the vote to you and smooth the whole thing over like it never happened.  This saved me two allies (John and Will) for the price of one and allowed me to maintain my position in the middle all the way up through the finale.
1640 days 8 hours ago
HudsonRivr
There were other votes that I feel I had a strong influence over as well -- during that first merge vote I was once again instrumental in ensuring John and Will voted with our group to give us an easy majority over Chili and Alan's clique. But these three mid-game votes were I think the best example of how I played the majority of this season.

I think what they make -most- apparent is the balance I had between being methodical and planned-out, but always leaving myself with room to adjust and adapt to the tide.  My whole goal was to make my path to this point as efficient as possible, which I think is at the core of what an effective strategy should be. 

I hope this is a good explanation, if there's anything more you'd like me to go into I'll be happy to! Thanks Kyle!
1640 days 8 hours ago
NJKoda1998
@Kyle

Question for all of y’all. I vote based on strategic game. It’s nice to have a physical game and social connections, but they are useless when you don’t take advantage of them. So I want to know what your biggest STRATEGIC moves were. And I do not just want one move. I want multiple. I want obscure ones with good explanation. Prove you knew what you were doing the whole game and not just one or two rounds.

---

This is a great question, and the best way I think I can answer this is explaining all of my votes at Tribal. Like I said in my speech, every single vote was cast with my best interest in mind and with the purpose of furthering myself deeper into the game.

Voting for Nathan - Getting Nathan out and giving up immunity ensured that we merged 6-6 in numbers, at a minimum. He also was not someone we fully trusted to be with us 100% at the merge, where I knew we we're potentially going to be looking at a very close vote.

Voting for Ian - Ian was someone I thought was least likely to have an idol (or have an idol used on him), so a shot could be taken at the "other side" without fear of losing numbers. This allowed us to still remove numbers from the other side, flush any potential idols right away, and ensure a clear majority was held.

Voting for Chili - After no idol was played at the first Tribal, the fears of Chili/Alan having an idol dissipated quite a bit, and one of the "heads" of the other side could be taken out safely and swiftly. Chili was someone who I believed had no intention of taking me to the Final 3, so it was imperative for me to get him out before he had a chance to rally numbers against me later on.

Voting for JT - A threat to win had he made it further. I knew that there were counter alliances made against Max/I, so getting out JT still kept me in the majority and it removed a threat from the game very early. I had a close bond with JT, but he was planning on shifting the game up a few votes down the line, so getting rid of him immediately before he had a chance to flip or turn votes in another direction was key.

Voting for Alan - Alan made a ton of side deals with people in an effort to scramble and regain footing, which ended up making people distrust him once we all started comparing notes with each other. Alan, like Chili, was not someone I felt would take me all the way to the Final 3, and I couldn't fully trust that anything I'd say wouldn't get leaked to other people, so he needed to be eliminated.

Voting for Kyle - Kyle, the ONLY reason you went home was because you started making decisions for your own game, and I found out about them. Telling Will he "should win immunity" and that "they are trying to split you and John up in the double" felt like you were trying to take early shots at Myself and Max. From that point on, I could no longer trust that you weren't a loose cannon, so you had to be voted out. A loose cannon is too powerful of a position to play because you really don't have any "rules" to follow. Had that never happened, I had intended to bring you and Kat to the Finale and then take you guys out then instead.

Voting for Kat - I knew something felt off when I spoke with Brian and gave him the heads up that he was going home. Throwing my vote on Kat saved Hudson's life, who was my closest ally, and it ensured that my main alliance (Max, Hudson, Me) all had a chance to make it into the Final 6 together. Had we lost Hudson to rocks instead, Max and I would've had to scramble our asses off, specifically me because I knew my head would be next on the chopping block. Everyone was looking to take Kat to the Final 3 because they felt she'd be an easy beat, which was damaging for me because I needed to have other options of making Final 3 other than winning every Immunity. Kat being the "goat" only left 1 potential space for me to go to Final 3 with people other than Hudson/Max, so removing her and saving Hudson not only kept my core alliance in tact, but it also opened up better odds for me to make the Final 3 had I not won crucial challenges.

Voting for Brian - After the play he had just made in the double, Brian was an even bigger threat to win. He had no enemies on the jury, but rather a lot of friends, so he was a sure win if he was able to make it to the Final 3.

Voting for John - John was the biggest threat to me in the finale immunity challenges, because they always have an element of speed to them. Removing John gave me greater odds of winning the final immunity challenge. Voting John also ensured that the extra vote we knew he had from the last IOTV visit, couldn't be used in a re-vote, allowing Hudson/Max/Myself to all be in the Final 4 and come out on top of that vote.

Voting for Will - This one was fairly simple because of my core alliance with Hudson/Max had the control. My only worry about this vote was that Max or Will would throw a vote on me to ruin my perfect 0 votes record.
1640 days 5 hours ago
Maxi1234
amanda kimmel
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
*enters with urn*
1640 days 2 hours ago
HudsonRivr
hi ^-^
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
Hudson, Nick and Max. You made it as far as you can go over the past two weeks, but now it's time to crown someone the next winner of Gen Three. let's begin.

I have EIGHT VOTES since JT did not vote. It takes 5 to win. You WANT to see your name.
1640 days 2 hours ago
NJKoda1998
*sits holding hands with Max and Hudson*
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
First vote...
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
*flips it*

Nick

1 vote Nick
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
Second vote...
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
*flips it*

Hudson

1 vote Nick
1 vote Hudson
1640 days 2 hours ago
SuitMan13
Third vote...

open group

Suitman's Survivor: Namibia

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!