This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Challenge # 1 Foodies

Topic » Challenge # 1 Foodies

4589 days 4 hours ago
Leacroft
This is a Challenge NOT a Photoshoot! The photoshoot will take place tomorrow. In this challenge I am splitting you guys all up into three groups of 4. You all will be making HEALTHY meals.

As a Model you should all know that clients usually look for how your body looks. And keeping your body weight in check is  HUGE! So I have split you all up into 3 groups. You must make either a healthy Appetizer, Entree, or Dessert, BUT remember that it should still appeal to me and my new fellow judge Db1994.

You must make up your own dish and tell me what will be included in it. This should be basic ingrediants and saying stuff like 1 tbsp or 1 pinch is not needed and wont get you extra marks.
ex: Fruit salad: Chopped melons, Pineapples, Chopped apples, and sprinkled in Lemon Zest.
I obviously would like your dishes to be much more creative and I would like for you all to tell me how your plate would look

ex: Heap of chopped melons and Pineapples in the midle of plate. Heap surrounded by chopped apples, and covered in lemon zest.
You do not HAVE to do the challenge but it may help you ;)

(groups chosen by Random.org)

Appetizers:
Afrika
Caridee
Karly
Sutton

Entree's:
Jasmine
Nicki
Mitsuki
Isabella

Desert's:
Daniela
Emmaleigh
Amelia
Anica

One more thing. Only 3 people win this challenge. The best girl from each group!
If you have any questions about this challenge just mail me
This challenge will last for 24 hours and no more plates will be accepted after!

Your photoshoot will be uploaded tomorrow!
4589 days 3 hours ago
Leacroft
BTW the scoring system goes like this:
Creativity: a possible 10 points
Taste: (How we think it will taste) a possible 5 points
Risk: A possible 5 points
4589 days 3 hours ago
Danielvk
Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Plate of Strawberries covered in creamy milk chocolate, white chocolate flakes drizzled around, and chocolate "sauce" around side of plate.
4588 days 19 hours ago
DianeRhea
Karly's Appetizer:

Thai Spiced Barbeque Shrimp with Tequila Cocktail Sauce

Ingredients in Thai Spiced Barbeque Shrimp: Peeled Shrimp, Fresh Lemon Juice, Soy Sauce,  Dijon Mustard, minced garlic, curry paste, and brown sugar
Ingredients in Tequila Cocktail Sauce: Chilli Sauce, Horseradish, Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Lemon Juice, Hot Pepper Sauce, Salt, Pepper, and Tequila

In the middle of the plate, there is a modern glass bowl with the Tequila Cocktail Sauce. There is some fresh basil and parsley for flavoring purposes and decoration. The Thai Spiced Barbeque Shrimp are neatly arranged all around the bowl with the cocktail sauce. There is a bowl of fresh lemons and limes to put on the shrimp as well.
4588 days 19 hours ago
NerdStarrX
Afrika's appitiser :);

Marinated Chicken curry with Spicy sausage rice.

Ingredients: Chicken breast, marinate in curry powder, spicy sauce and paprika. Use a normal sausage and cut into squares. Use tomatoes and blend to make a rich creamy sauce( add greek youghurt) Get some white rice and aromatise them with vanilla overnight.
4588 days 16 hours ago
raygan94
Seeing as we are getting into the Halloween season I thought that might help so ive created this Pumpkin dip I know its sounds abit iffy but it isnt :)

Ingredients:cream cheese, canned pumpkin, taco seasoning, dried beef, chopped green pepper, chopped sweet red pepper, sliced ripe olives,
1 round loaf
Fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips

A nice warm loaf of bread, remove the insides and then stuff it with the pumpkin dip, sprinkle some taco seasoning on the top to give it abit more of color and just dip your veggies or chips into it and enjoy :)
4588 days 8 hours ago
Kevian
Here's a desert I often eat that's extremely healthy!

Ingredients:
Greek Yogurt
Pineapple Slices
Coconut
Mango
Banana
Cantaloupe
Strawberries
Slight Hint of Vanilla
Slight Hint of Whipped Cream
Hint of Pina Colada (non-alcohoolic) flavoring

Mix them together, and then put them in coconut shells that have been hollowed out except the coconut meat. Sprinkle sugar on top, and place extra pieces of fruit on top. It's a simple Caribbean yogurt dessert that's EXTREMELY delicious.
4588 days 8 hours ago
Tevin1001
Caramel Crisp Marshmellows

24 large marshmallows
    1 cup thick caramel ice cream topping
    2-3 cups crisp rice cereal

Preparation:
Pierce each marshmallow with a toothpick. Holding the marshmallows by the toothpick, spoon ice cream topping over each, then roll in the cereal to coat. Set on waxed paper and refrigerate to set. Makes 24
4588 days 6 hours ago
yummy
Heres a Healty but DELICIOUS treat/Dessert that you can indulge into.

Chocolate Bananas - Image here http://www.eatingwell.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/standard/recipes/DS5746.JPG

INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 banana, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon nonfat vanilla yogurt

PREPARATION
Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave. Top banana slices with the chocolate and yogurt.

NUTRITION
Per serving: 117 calories; 3 g fat ( 2 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 277 mg potassium.

Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
4588 days 3 hours ago
Leacroft
The Challenge is over
4587 days 9 hours ago
Kevian
I hope I did well, good luck girls! :D
4587 days 9 hours ago
yummy
Good Luck <3 :)
4587 days 6 hours ago
Leacroft
Ok I will post your scores. I only did the judging for this challenge so time could pass faster.
And also I added an extre 15 POSSIBLE POINTS in the health catagory.
4587 days 5 hours ago
Leacroft
I am a very tough client to please you guys! If you dont really get the score you were expecting it is because your meal did not fully meet my requirements which shows that listening to instructions are VITAL!
There will only be two winners since noone from the entree group bothered to do the challenge :/

Dessert!
Risk: 1/5
Health:3/15
Total Score: 12/35

Anica's Score:
Creativity: 10/10
Taste: 4.5/5
Risk: 5/5
Health: 12/15
Total Score: 31.5/35

Emmaleigh's Dessert:
Creativity: 8/10
Taste: 5/5
Risk: 3/5
Health: 0/15 (The healthiest thing was the toothpick :(( )
Total Score:16/35

Yummy's Dessert:
Creativity: 5/10
Taste: 5/5
Risk: 2/5
Health: 12/15 (Get bonus points for using some potassium in there! It is really healthy!)
Total Score: 24/35

Meaning Anica wins the challenge from the DESSERT group with a near perfect score of 31.5 points out of a possible 35 points! Congratulations I will explain your prize soon!
4587 days 5 hours ago
Leacroft
Appetizers!

Karly's Score:
Creativity: 8/10
Taste: 3.5/5
Risk: 3/5
Health: 8/15 (Shrimp is good but having all of that included in it makes it a little to much, and goes to unhealthy)
Total Score: 22.5/35

Afrika's Score:
Creativity: 5/10 (This is more of an entree then an appetizer)
Taste: 4/5
Risk: 2.5/5
Health: 8/15 (Brown rice is much more healthy then white rice. would have been better to use that)
Total Score: 19.50

Caridee's Score:
Creativity: 10/10
Taste: 4/5 ( I dont know if using CANNED pumpkin really helped you with taste)
Risk: 5/5
Health: 10/15 (There is alot going on and some stuff were not the healthiest like cream cheese)
Total Score: 29/35

Congratulations Caridee you were able to use your creativity and Risk to propelle yourself to the front of the appetizer pack.

I am so sorry to those of you who did not win, and disappointed in those that did not make the greatest first impression, by not doing the challenge.

As for Anica and Caridee congratulations for winning the challenge. You both have immunity in this first elimination round. You guys will still be called out in your rightful placing in the photoshoot but no matter what you will still be safe this week. congratulations :)
Your Photoshoot will be up in a second!
4587 days 5 hours ago
DianeRhea
congrats Caridee and Anica! :)

open group

Lea's Next top model REVAMPED!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!