This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Cycle 7 - WEEK ONE

Topic » Cycle 7 - WEEK ONE

4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[[WELCOME TO PANEL]]]

=====

*16 models walk into the warehouse towards a runway in the middle of the vast room. As the assemble onto the platform, they look down the catwalk and see the judges, sitting at a table at the end of the runway*

Hey guys. Welcome to the final 16! You've already managed to beat 16 models. However, as you know, it's still a long way till number one.

As you might've noticed as well, Laura and Mathias are not with you. Because they never showed up at the shoot, I was forced to ask them to leave. Of course, I wanted to give two other models another shot, so I've asked Karlie and Lara to take their places.

---

Now, please welcome our judging panel:

kort, who has had notable success in other NTM group games.
cheer4u, who has judged on Katrolis's NTM 1 and 2.
bobbobachoo1 (Alex), who has judged KNTM 4 and 5 and is back for another cycle.

=====

For your shoot this week we asked for MOVEMENT. An open brief, but did you pull it off? Let's see.
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[CIARA]]
http://i53.tinypic.com/10wuqhh.jpg

kort ;; This isn't a bad shot. Your lefs look fab, watch your arm because it's raised for no reason. What I don't understand is why theirs no contact to the camera! That's modeling 101 boo-boo. This shot would've been better with the contact!

cheer4u ;; I really like this picture, it shows kind of an elegance. The only thing I don't like is not being able to see the beautiful face.

Alex ;; I like this shot. It shows your flexible which means you can have a wide variety of poses. It might be a little to "dancer" for my liking, but it's still a solid first shot of the competition.

kebin ;; I like the dynamic pose! You went for it. However, I think you could've definitely gone for more "movement". The shot overall feels very static. I would've liked to see you connect with the camera more as well, or at least show some sign of alertness.
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[COCO]]
http://i43.tinypic.com/25rl9ag.jpg

kort ;; Good attempt. I like how your being dramatic with your face, your eyes are smiling! I just think the leg looks a little awkward! The pose could've been better.

cheer4u ;; Hmmm, I'm kind of having mixed feeling about this. I really love the way she using movement! But the face just isn't attractive. But still, overall good.

Alex ;; I like that you're original and unique, but you're facial expression is the exact same as last week. You need some more variety in your facial expressions. I do like it though.

kebin ;; You and your facial expressions. Your shots are definitely memorable. I actually quite like this. It's a loud, spontaneous, emotive shot that is interesting and risky, yet definitely works. Your body does look a bit tense, and I agree with Alex about the facial expression. However I like this overall.
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[NICKI]]
http://i41.tinypic.com/2n8ovaq.jpg

kort ;;  C'mon! Nicki your a singer/dancer, so this is really disappointing to say the least. It's not really a lot of movement. Epic Fail, sorry.

cheer4u ;; Beautiful! Loves this so much! I really like the pose and the facial expression is very nice! Very good job!

Alex ;; Your face is great. Also I love that there's a clear difference between singer and model. Sometimes last cycle Beyonce got singer and not model, but I think you're a model. Great photo.

kebin ;; I don't see movement; I see just straight up contortion. I do like the shot though. The pose is interesting, and I love your expression, but I wish there was more "movement" rather than just extreme posing.
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[JESSICA]]
http://i41.tinypic.com/10cp00z.jpg

kort ;; Not really much movement that is visable in this shot. I love the dress, the hair and makeup, and I love your face, but make sure it doesn't look TOO lazy or too blank, the face looks sorta dead, but it kinda works here

cheer4u ;; I very much love the hair! Its a way to incoprerate movent in very beautiful way. The only thing that bothers me is the outfit.

Alex ;; The face is absolutely horrible. The rest of it isn't that bad, but the face completely ruins the shot.

kebin ;; I definitely get movement from this! I quite like this shot actually! I love this sorta "drunk and dazed" look on your face along with the nonchalant pose with a hint of attitude. The shot looks great as a whole!
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[CHANTAL]]
http://i39.tinypic.com/2n902mh.jpg

kort ;; Seriously? This looks like a simple Kohls ad for a catalog. This isn't high fashion at all, dreckitude girl. This looks like it should be in a Wendy's commerical, not a Vogue editorial.

cheer4u ;; I very much love the hair! Its a way to incoprerate movent in very beautiful way. The only thing that bothers me is the outfit.

Alex ;; That's a forced smile if I ever saw one. It's kinda sad because your photos have been superb so far, but this one's mediocre.

kebin ;; Ok this shot had potential. And then you pull that expression. What a freakin' forced smile! That isn't really a smile! The face is so dead and the styling brings it to catalog mode. Not really impressin', Chantal.
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
[[NAIMA]]
http://i44.tinypic.com/v4mp8n.jpg

kort ;; GIRLL! Let me tell you I was nervous but when I saw this, I 'bout jumped out my damn seat! Once again you deliver high fashion, emotion and sexuality in one high quality photo! Good job! Best so far!

cheer4u ;; I love the way you incoperated a kind of dancing pose! It's very beautiful! I don't like the way your hair is pulled back, it should be blowing in the sexy.

Alex ;; I love this picture. The face is so striking. Also the pose is gorgeous. My only complaint would be that you seem a bit disconnected from the other models. Other than that, good job.

kebin ;; I want some movement damnit! This is so static! And that arm in the back is really driving me nuts. It looks so off. However, I don't think you look bad at all. You look quite beautiful. You also look quite stiff though.
4579 days 16 hours ago
kebin65
And the rest of you will get your comments tomorrow :)
4579 days 7 hours ago
Danielvk
thanks guys!!
4579 days 7 hours ago
Danielvk
btw cheer, naima had short hair in this pic, so her hair isnt pulled back lol.
4579 days 2 hours ago
77sparks77
Nooo!! I know I'm late but I had a mad week, I am gonna post one and if you want you can judge...? :/
4579 days 2 hours ago
77sparks77
Okay I hate the thing in the corner but I needed to be hasty and I thought Kebin might be angry so I didn't wanna request Photoshop after already being late.... :S

http://whoisscout.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/tyson_ballou_2_malemodel_vss.jpg
4579 days ago
Leacroft
really dont wanna sound mean but alot of these models have no movement in the picture ... our challenge was to HAVE movement so if it has none i dont see why some of them are still getting great comments o.O sorry but we should be doing the challenge.
4578 days 21 hours ago
SweetRem
lea shoudv been a judge she knwz modeling
4578 days 20 hours ago
Danielvk
@lea a lot of these models dont have good movement pictures, for example, my model Naima, this was the best I could do, so these people are trying

open group

Kebin's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!