This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 14 Week 7 (Top 6)

Topic » Season 14 Week 7 (Top 6)

3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Before we begin, Kyle wanted to post his comments himself/if you would like his comment send it to him. So the comments I'm posting are from 2 new judges this week. EternalBlossom and Anthony2011class. Both finalists from past seasons!
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01gohan

https://soundcloud.com/trebleclef-445703977/call-me-maybe

I like it. I wish you would freaking enunciate so I could love it. I like the twist, it was easier to listen to the original, good job on taking a risk. I feel like it was a bit choppy and robot-ish and maybe even repetitive, like you were scared, but I like this version so that makes up for that a bit.
This was better than your jazz performance. I liked the rendition and how you took a different interpretation. Much better suited for your voice
You definitely made it your own and I really appreciate that. Had a couple people cracks and choppiness in there with some phrasing that made it a little stop and go. Also your timing changed a couple times throughout, I don't know if you were doing this, but try keeping tempo with your hand by tapping the side of your leg to keep the tempo a little more steady

http://www.4shared.com/music/MCalxGXSba/Cry_Me_A_River.html

This was pitchy. You switched the key, and your voice cracked in the bridge. I didn’t really get this performance, I know you can do so much better than this.
Wow. Big song. I don’t like that I could hear someone singing in the background, that was weird. I wish you turned down the backing track and really made your voice demand attention. This is a huge song… you have to be bigger than it. It was like the song was singing you.
You are giving me Peter Nalitch tease. Oh Alex, you know you are vocally better than this. Octave changes out of no where, kept me guessing what you were going to do next. Some cracks in the vocals. I'm actually smiling along with this recording because I just have the feeling that you were just having fun with this.
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
americanidolfan

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/rolling-in-the-deep-slower

For a one verse, one chorus option it was good. With a capella pieces, something I always look for is maintaining tempo and you were good on the first half, but you fell off twice in the chorus. 
think you did okay, but singing an adele song only makes you comparable to her, and in that field you didn’t match her performance. This was a very risky choice, and I feel as if you could’ve had a better moment.
This song definitely made your voice bare. There were a lot of unnecessary shaky parts in the verses that I think you were doing on purpose. Since it was slow I think you kind of toyed with the song, and I don’t think it worked out. You also seemed very breathless during the part approaching the chorus.

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/aint-that-a-kick-in-the-head

Dat ending doe. Was not expecting that. Nice use of harmonies for that part. A couple of the lines were a little rough, especially at the beginning of them. It seemed like you needed to get a couple words into the line before you took off with the phrase. Each week it's something little, but overall, you've been delivering a consistantly solid performance
First thing’s first. Back up from your microphone. Second, I love your voice. Very nice, very strong, but the poof/boom sound comming from your mic was a bit irritating to listen to. Also, you need to control your high notes just a bit more. If they go all over the place, it kind of ruins the nice vibe.
I loved this rendition, I thought you did so good, and I loved the colors of your voice. It was your best performance this week
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
carlisle

https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/hold-on-were-going-home-no-diggity

During Hold On We're Going Home, I was imagining you were singing "Jealous" by Nick Jonas. Idk why. Vocally, I think you did a solid job and performance was there. I think you needed something to brighten it up a bit because it got a little bland in the middle, but picked up again at the end.
I really liked this. Your voice is really consistent and BEAUTIFUL. I loved the little mashup vibe. I’m just… happy with this. Great job!
This was your performance, I think you did really well. It was creative, fun, and full of personality. A really wonderful performance.

https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/you-know-im-no-good

A few interesting characteristics in your voice, but I think it added texture to the performance. A bit like matt cardle. I do have to say again be careful with the pitch, you changed the pitch and you went off key for a lyric. I do however think you have a nice soulful voice.
I'll let you get away with diction on this one because tbqh, I always get confused with what she's saying for this song as well. Started strong, but the ending got a little rough. The crack and some awkward phrasing that just held you back from a fully solid performance.
No surprise this was good. I wish you had something I could hate on. Great song choice, great vocal quality, great breath control. Ugh.
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
EnglishBB

https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/runnin-acapella

I am seriously getting so much Anthony2011class tease from this performance. If you two dueted, I feel like I wouldn't be able to tell the difference who was who. Anyways back to the song, you have such a great lower register and seem to be in a comfortably high range with this song. Just be careful with really low notes because those got a lost. Overall a solid performance again.
I can tell that you’re having breath problems, and that’s really the only problem that I have with this song. You’re very shaky (like me,) and it’s kind of bringing this piece down.
Much better song choice, I think you showed much more characteristics of your voice and it was easy on the ears. A better suit for your voice.

https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/fly-me-to-the-moon

Overall, pretty good. I feel like you kinda forced this one. It didn't have that vibe that your other recent performance had.  And it sounded like you were forcing notes causing some shakiness and had a little issue with swooping. Not as good as your other recent performances
Wow. Okay. I do like your vocal quality, it gives me a nice older vibe. I feel like, at points you did let your voice… wander. if you understand that. I think if you recorded one more time, you wouldn’t have gone a little sharp/flat at points, but it wasn’t too noticeable. I’d also love it if you articulated just a BIT more. It was hard for me to understand the words that you were saying, so it was a low point for me. Otherwise, great job overall.
You can sing well, but my concern with this particular song was at the end of numerous lyrics, it was a harsh note, it almost seemed a bit strained in my opinion. Other than that it was pretty good.
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
kingdomheartslover

https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/tg-idol-s14-bridge-over-trouble-water-week-6

I understand that acapella is hard, but I feel like you went a bit off key at points. Some of the notes you didn’t exactly give justice, because you cut them off early and didn’t finish them out. This is acapella! You can slow down and take some time, change the song just a bit since you’re not limited to a backing track
Other than the first verse/chorus where you were scooping a bit into notes and sliding a bit inbetween, I can totally see this being your audition piece for the school musical. Well without the pauses in between. I feel like this would get you cast in a main supporting role. If you didn't hold back on the one belting opportunity, it would've probably gotten you a lead role.
Quite a few notes were flat in the verses, and you went off key a bit. It wasn’t your best performance in my opinion. I do however think you have such a beautiful voice, it just wasn’t shown in this performance.

https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/tg-idol-s14-what-a-wonderful-world-week-6

I applaud you on the good song choice, I think it fits your voice very well. Very good vocal quality, and great breath control. The song was so good, it seemed just a tad boring since you didn’t play around a bit, but maybe that was a good thing?
I liked this version a lot, I felt passion when you sang, and the verses were flowing together so well. A few pitch issues, but I thought vocally it was on point.
It was nice and I think you had a good grasp on the song. When you were singing this though where were you feeling the notes coming from? becuase it seems like you were using your head and like mask of your face, but without any support from your gut/diaphragm/chest. It caused a little shakiness and didn't get that well-rounded performance.
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
tdilindsayfan100

https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/like-im-gonna-lose-you-acapella

Leading up to the chorus, you changed your pitch and back again, it’s risky especially when you have nothing to back you up. I think it was a good performance, but be careful with following the tempo of the song.
Performance-wise, I think this was cute. It was soft. It needed a little bit more of a push. It was like you were quietly singing along in the car while looking out the window. Had some cracks in the vocals which I think could've stemmed a bit from "out the window" feeling.
Wow. I think you went sharp AND flat in a lot of places… I understand that there’s a key change in this song (right?), but I do think you changed keys… 6 too many times. It was alarming, seeing as your voice was bare. If you’re going to do acapella, you need to know the song and compare your cover to it.

https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/let-it-snow-frank-sinatracover

I don't really like this song choice, and I think if anything it set limitations to yourself. I think that in terms of song choice, this is repetitive and not very challenging in terms of vocal ability. This is the time when you set yourself apart from the other contestants and set yourself apart. In terms of the song itself, I think that you sang it fine, but nothing really stood out to me in terms of being on the top, it was just there. Challenge yourself with song choices because you have a vulnerability to your voice, and you can use that to captivate your listeners
I feel like you were restricting your voice in this song. It’s supposed to be jolly and happy! I don’t know, I feel like you were trying to be quiet. Anyway, I think you hit the notes and did the song kind of justice, so good job
Way to spoil a future theme. Vocally it was alright, but it just seemed a little lackluster. I know this is an issue I'm having while trying to get into the holiday music this year. It just doesn't seem very wintery and it just doesn't feel like the holiday season and it kinda felt like that with the performance. Like yea it was good, but it lacked that holiday/winter cheer that I would look for from this.
3058 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Standings after all the calculations

1        ::        8.523        ::        carlisle
2        ::        7.849        ::        EnglishBB
3        ::        7.747        ::        01gohan
4        ::        7.696        ::        americanidolfan
------------------------------------------------------- in the Poll
5        ::        7.330        ::        kingdomheartslover
6        ::        7.221        ::        tdilindsayfan100

http://www.tengaged.com/group/2301/poll/tengaged-karaoke-idol-14-top-6-vote-eliminate-128695

Poll will be open for approximately 24 hours. DO NOT SPAM! If you want to send a message to direct people to the group, message me and I will give you a message that you can send. You CANNOT edit that message. Anyone caught spamming will be penalized. DO NOT SPAM YOUR OPPONENT OUT! If you spam someone out, you will incur a penalty onto your percentage. (Hence why it's vote to evict so you can't spam to stay).
3058 days 19 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
Crying when I thought I'd do better :( Also being in the poll with your best friend left sucks! It will be bittersweet with whatever happens...
3058 days 18 hours ago
kingdomheartslover
I am legit crying </3, well gl Tdi, ilysm <3
3058 days 16 hours ago
Carlisle
Wow I'm rly shocked to have finally topped the leaderboard. Thanks so much to the judges!! :)

Good luck kingdomheartslover & tdilindsay :(
3058 days 14 hours ago
EnglishBB
Thank you so much for your comments :) delighted to get through another week!
3058 days 11 hours ago
americanidolfan
Wow! Lucky escape! I was convinced I'd end up in the bottom 2 this week as the performances were nowhere near my best. Good luck to the bottom two!
3058 days 6 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
I have a speech prepared if I leave lol
3057 days 22 hours ago
01Gohan
How did I make the Top 3 again what the actual fuck.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!