This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Picture Inspired Short Story (P.I.S.S)

Topic » Round 1: Picture Inspired..

5108 days 20 hours ago
ChapStique
I am a lone butterfly named sparks and I came from a large butterfly field called daisy hollow, I lived there with my mother and father. One day we went on a nectar hunt and we found this beautiful field of flowers I have never seen before in my life I was drawn to them instantly but my mother told me not to go because it was dangerous, as a good child I obeyed but who would know a time would come when I would have to disobey.  On the faithful day when things changed... our flower field was damaged by a flood. Everyone was on the verge of death due to being soaking wet and we where low on nectar everyone was panicking and asking where our next source of food would come from. It was then I knew what I had to do.. I had to go to that field of flowers my parents told me to avoid.. Without a word I hopped over to the location.  I was so excited when i arrived something about denying your parents gave me a feel of excitement I saw the flowers and decided to suck in the nectar right away.  As soon as it ok my first sip from the flower it felt like my head was about to explode the nectar was so good and as i  was about to fly away to try some more flowers a big class case surrounded me... i was captured in a Jar. I never got to see my parents again.. i was on display in some shelf and people would bang the glass when they looked at me.. What a life I should of listened to my parents.

Explanation: I wrote it this way because when i saw this i saw a lone butterfly in an weird location that is kind of unusual because i am so used to seeing them in packs of 2-3 or more so yeah that is why i wrote it this way short, simple and with a meaning.
5108 days 20 hours ago
Peetah32
Explanation: This picture inspired me as it shows that everything needs something for it to eat or drink, as the butterfly needs nectar, and is going to the “what looks like a flower to me” to get that in its system.

The butterfly flew down that familiar route once more.  He saw the weird, golden turning objects, and the flowers that he had came for.  He went over to one, and started to get the nectar.  None came.  He flew to the next one and he had the same result.  He got a bit nervous.  The flowers always had nectar in them.  They had been there for 5 years, and they could always get the nectar out.  Now two of them were all drained out.  He flew over to each and every one, only to gain more disappointment and become worrisome.  They had drunk all of the nectar, and now it was gone.  Their life was over.  There was no food in the place they were.  There were no drinks in the place they were.  Except for the oh-so familiar nectar.  But now that it was gone, they had nothing else.  They over hunted the flowers like humans over hunted mammoths.  The butterfly came back to his colony.  Others were ready to go to the flowers, but he stopped them, and told them the bad news.  Chaos was brought out, and the colony went crazy.  They would soon be like the flowers.  Extinct.  It was only a matter of time.  And it was their entire fault.

open group

Born to be Write

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!