This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 1 ~ Street Style (On Set)

Topic » Episode 1 ~ Street Style (On..

2645 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + + +

*The final 14 pull up to an abandoned warehouse on a Parisian industrial estate (where the cycle is set) and are greeted by Millie*

Millie: Hello girls, and welcome to your first challenge here on Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 11. As you may have seen last season, both of our wonderful finalists Alexandria and Kallie struggled on the final runway challenge shoot, so I thought I'd nip it in the bud and start it off for you as your first challenge. Inside the warehouse behind me, are a variety of clothes supplied by a bounty of designers, left over from Paris Fashion Week which happened two weeks ago. In a minute, you will be able to run inside to style yourself to whatever taste you like. Afterwards, you will each be walking in a mock runway shot, where a photographer will be taking a photo of you on the runway. The girl who pulls off the best runway shot will win a special prize, which I will reveal to you all later.

So without further ado, let's begin. Ready, set, go!
2645 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
*The girls have all performed in the runway show and submitted their photos for the challenge*

Millie: Let's take a look at your photos then!

[ V I C T O R I A ]
You have definitely come out of the gate strong with this pose, but I’m not entirely sure if I like it or not. You can tell by the photograph that you are extremely confident with your walk. Everything from the pose, to the face looks like you are completely owning it up there on the runway, something which is so nice to see coming from such an unexperienced model. My only doubts are that I’m really lacking the high fashion aspect to this shot. To me, this looks like something straight out of a charity catwalk that might happen in your local mall, rather than at Paris Fashion Week so I’d watch out for that in the weeks to come.

[ A U R O R A ]
I’m torn with this shot. Where Victoria lacks in terms of styling, you totally make up for here. I really love the outfit – the sheer skirt(?) is such a daring choice for a first runway shot, but you don’t look uneasy wearing something which exposes you so much, and the jacket and bag really bring this whole outfit together. Unfortunately, I feel like there are quite a few minor errors here. While you are giving me such an intense facial expression, by tilting your head downwards you have completely lost your neck, ultimately making you look shorter than you are. Also, it may just be bad timing or an unfortunate angle, but your right thigh seems to look massive here, which is only highlighted by the skirt. A good start though.

[ T A Y L O R ]
I really like this girl. Like the girls before you, I’m so glad to see someone who looks totally comfortable walking on the runway. Your body looks SO good here (those abs are together) and the outfit really fits your physique well. You look strong and you look sexy, but not to the point where it looks cheap or sleazy, but just that right amount of appeal that will make you stand out in the crowd. I’m not so sure about the smirk on your face, as many designers don’t like the models to make facial expressions in case it distracts from the garments, so I’d just be careful in that in the future, but overall a really strong walk.

[ K A S I A ]
I’m in two minds about this shot. First of all, I think you look absolutely stunning, both in terms how the dress falls on you, as well as your face, so I hope this kind of beauty carries over into your photo shoot. You’ve obviously got a strong walk as you can see how the dress is flowing so amazingly – you are showing motion, which is quite rare as often models can look a little static in these types of shots. For me though, you look extremely stiff from your waist to your neck, almost as if you weren’t entirely sure what to do with your arms. I think you just need to remember “shoulders back, and relax” and I think you’ll be set for your next runway.
2645 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
[ S I E N N A ]
You are undoubtedly a sexy girl, and this outfit really plays up to your look. Like you pointed out, the colour palette is very out-there, and the choice of modelling a bikini Is very daring, so I have to commend you on that. I love a model who takes risks as that is what fashion is all about. You do have to be wary about your sexiness though, especially when it comes to the high fashion aspects of this competition. Not every designer will like this kind of look so you have to be careful not to limit yourself. Also, I’m not a fan of your face. I’m very much a traditionalist when it comes to the runway, and believe a runway should always face forward, and not make any eye contact with anyone but the camera, so this doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid.

[ H A M I K O ]
Like Kasia, your body looks a little stiff to me here. You’re one of the more confident girls in this competition, but if I were just to see this photo, I wouldn’t have guessed that. I’m in love with your look and the styling really plays up to your beauty, but your facial expression just screams nervous to me; You look almost scared behind the eyes, almost as if you were uncomfortable being up there, which I’m sure you weren’t. Perhaps you had just worked yourself up before doing the runway, so while you shouldn’t let go like Sienna did, but remember to take a breath and enjoy your time up there.

[ S I R I ]
To me, this is almost like looking at two different photographs. From the neck down, this is absolutely amazing. Like Kasia, you’ve mastered that wind-in-the-dress shot, which as a viewer, makes the design that much more appealing, so I’m sure the client was pleased on you. It’s such a beautiful design, so I’m truly glad that you managed to do it justice. Unfortunately, your face just doesn’t seem to match. You’ve got wonderful bone structure, but your eyes just look completely dead. I don’t see the fire or the passion that you’re exuding in your body language – it’s as if your body and face were completely disconnected. A strong start, but some room for improvement definitely.

[ M A R I S S A ]
You definitely went for a different aesthetic to many of the other girls, going for a vintage Hollywood glamour look, which I’m absolutely in love with. The gloves, the dress, your hair styling are wonderful, and the way that you’re moving your hips gives that subtle sexiness without having a particularly revealing outfit. I’m not a fan of your face though. Your eyes look dead, and I’m not sure if it’s the make-up but something about your face looks very old here, and I can’t quite put my finger on it. A major part of the industry is about youthful looks, so it is slightly worrying that you look almost middle-aged here, so I’d recommend just practising your angles in the mirror for next time.
2645 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
[ L E A N N E ]
First of all, I will start by saying that I would avoid photo from Project Runway in general. As much as I appreciate the show for its contributions to the fashion world, I think it still has those associations of reality television with it, which is why I don’t allow ANTM photos. Regardless I think this is a reasonably strong shot. It’s very avant garde, and you are just radiating sass here. The hand on the hip with the other hand to the side, is very John Galliano circa 2007, or something that I could see on a Betsey Johnson runway, so there is definitely a niche here. Like I said to some of the other girls though, I would like to see some more versatility from you in weeks to come.

[ S U L L I ]
This is definitely a bold look, something which I’m not sure many of the other girls would have gone for. You’ve taken a risk, and regardless of whether I like the shot or not, you should know that I appreciate that and commend you for it. However, I don’t like the shot at all. Your face looks really unfortunate here, I’m not sure whether it’s the expression, or the lighting but nothing is working for you. Also, I don’t see the power in your walk at all. I understand that not all walks in the fashion industry have to be fierce, and can have that relaxed, casual feel to them, but usually you can still sense a sort of presence when a model walks by, and I just don’t see or feel that from this shot.

[ I S A B E L L E ]
I like this shot. I think of all of the girls here, you look the tallest, which as I’ve stressed before is one of the most important attributes a model can have; You’ve elongated your neck, and I can even see from this shot that you’re walking, almost on tip-toes just to give yourself those extra inches. You look powerful, you look regal, and most importantly you stand out. This is definitely a memorable shot, which is what this exact challenge was all about. My only wish was that you were able to make the bottom of the dress swing a little, to show us, the viewers, the dimensions of the dress and how those wonderful fabrics can flow, but that’s my only critique.

[ E S T E F A N I A ]
First of all, I’m not going to sweep it under the rug, but you were undeniably late in submitting this shot, but I’ll leave my full opinion on that, as well as those of the other judges until panel. Aside from that, I think you’ve got a pretty strong shot here. You’ve got a very unique look, and that really comes across here, yet at the same time I don’t think it takes away from the dress. Yes, my eye immediately goes to you, but the outfit is so captivating in itself that I can’t keep my eyes off of it. So in terms of marketing yourself, you’ve got it down. Your face is strong, your body looks banging, but as a model you’ve got to be on time so I do have to mark you down for that.

[ J E S S I B A ]
No runway submission from you? That’s such a shame as I felt that you were one of the more passionate girls in this competition. No shot, means no prize so you will not be the winner of this competition.

[ G A B R I E L L E ]
Like Jessiba, I’ve received no runway shot from you this week, and in addition you’ve left the Top Model group without explanation. You can always speak to me if there’s an issue, but as for now, like Jessiba, you won’t be winning this challenge.
2645 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So after seeing all of your photos, I have to say that overall I'm impressed. Many of you girls, displayed such confidence on the runway, which as new models is always great to see, so I commend you all for that. As for the challenge winner, there were a few girls in contention for winning. But Estefania, Isabelle and Taylor all really stood out to me this week. There can only be one winner though, and the girl I have chosen is...
http://i.imgur.com/iRyv0Ud.jpg

Millie: Congratulations! This was an undeniably strong shot, and I want to see this kind of sexiness and strength in all of your photos to come. As for your prize, you have won a personal guidance session from me. For the next photo shoot, after you have submitted your shot, I will message you explaining in detail what I like and don't like about the shot, and will tell you how I personally rank your show against the other submitted photos, before giving you time to change it if you wish. This is a significant advantage going into the next week.

As for the rest of you girls, I'll see you all at panel!
2645 days 17 hours ago
SummerRae101
Thank You!!
2645 days 15 hours ago
k4r4k
Grats :)
2645 days 10 hours ago
CutieAmy
Congrats!
2645 days 10 hours ago
Maicolx3
Grats Girl!!
2644 days 20 hours ago
jayjet
grats

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!