This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 9 ~ Booked (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 9 ~ Booked (Judging..

2739 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 5 enter the Chinese Potsdam house which serves as the overseas judging room for the rest of the season*

Millie: Hello to our beautiful final 5 ladies, who stand before me, and welcome to your ninth judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10, and your second here in Shanghai, China. As part of your go-sees, you posed in 5 different potential ad campaigns, however only one of them would count towards your photo for judging. I can now reveal that the ad campaigns for GUO PEI will be counting this round, and ultimately determine who stays and who goes. However, before we get to critiquing your photos for this week's shoot, here are the list of prized that you are competing to win.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts.)

Millie: Right, let's introduce our judges once again, who you should all know by now. After missing last week's panel, she has FINALLY jetted into Shanghai to be with us once again. She's a previous winner, and so she should set the precedent for what you could soon be achieving from this competition, it's Barbara Palvin.

Barbara: Hi girls. Sorry I'm late I had BETTER things to attend to.

Lindsay: Like what, basic ass campaigns for irrelevant designers?

Barbara: Only VOGUE. The usual.

Barbara: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bf048bd51f95fd2574931475caf333e3/tumblr_mscqg20TqX1regmvpo1_500.gif

Millie: And also, returning once again is another of our most well known previous contestants. Since her cycle, she's done it all and like Barbara should be a role model for the success you can achieve after starting your career. Let's welcome, Lindsay Lavara.

Lindsay: Hey ladies. I'm actually here every week, so my opinion matters the most xo.

Millie: Drama once again at panel, who knew?

Lindsay: It only happens when she's here.

Millie: It's when you both are here. Let's get on with it before things get out of hand.
2738 days 7 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, ALEXANDRIA, you'll be going first this week.

Alexandria: Okay then, hello judges.

Lindsay: Hi Alex.

Millie: So guys, Alexandria was one of our two winners of this week's go-see challenge.

Lindsay: Well done.

Millie: ... But they did note her as their overall favourite girl of the day.

Lindsay: Wow, that's amazing!

Barbara: That is pretty good. How do you feel?

Alexandria: On top of the world. Especially coming off of first call-out from last week, I've just got so much self-confidence now it's amazing.

Millie: Understandably.

Lindsay: Let's see your photo then.

Millie: Oh of course. Let's take a look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30227727183/in/album-72157672660242683/

Millie: I think this photo is absolutely SLAMMING Alex; Although last week you got first call-out, I still felt like we were waiting for your stand-out moment in the competition, but for me this is it. You truly embraced the theme this week, and on top of your go-sees performance you have impressed me in LEAPS and BOUNDS. Despite Guo Pei's designs being fairly extravagant, she also manages to encapsulate this effortless beauty, and I think you really exuded that. You aren't doing anything flashy, and I think when you are wearing such amazing designs, sometimes less really is more. The outfit looks incredible on you, and I love the way the cape/train catches in the wind to add that lovely effect. Your face looks so calm and natural, but you still maintained that all important eye contact. Beautiful.

Alexandria: Wow thank you so much.

Barbara: Congratulations on having the safest photo of the week for the 10th time. Sweetie it's over, you are the queen of basicness and boringness. Reread everything i've sent you over the weeks and try again.

Millie: That's so not true!

Lindsay: I agree, what are you on girl?

Barbara: It's my OPINION.

Lindsay: Personally this is the best shot of the week. It's stunning gorgeous and it gives you a fashion forward edge over the girls. Like I've said before, I think you're very smart and educated when it comes to fashion so I see great things from you in the future. Overall, this is a strong look and I think you completely slayed it this week! Happy you're finally stepping up.

Millie: Regardless of some of the comments, this is amazing. Good job girl.
2738 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: The next girl up is going to be KALLIE. Come on up here.

Kallie: Hey guys, how we doing?

Millie: Good thank you! Kallie was also our other challenge winner at the go-sees.

Lindsay: Well done to you too.

Barbara: But Alex was just that bit better?

Millie: According to the clients, yes.

Kallie: Rubbing it in Barbs?

Barbara: The name is Barbara, okay? And yes I am.

Kallie: Bit rude.

Millie: ... Anyway, how was the shoot for you?

Kallie: It was okay. We haven't really done anything like this in the competition so far, so it was completely out of my comfort zone.

Lindsay: Are you worried?

Kallie: Maybe a bit more than normal, but not so much.

Millie: Let's see if there's anything to worry about then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30562068650/in/album-72157672660242683/

Lindsay: Again, you're a strong performer and a model. But this week wasn't all about that, for me it was 1/3 personality and passion, 1/3 runway walk, 1/3 photoshoot. You killed it in the catwalk and the photoshoot, but shit your personality was dry. You could've done something a lot more in your paragraph to get me interested in you, but my god was it hard to get through what you wrote. In this industry, you need something interesting so people look up to you and feel as if you're a good role model, you just talked about your experiences here and there, and I don't think that's what I want in a "top model". Nonetheless, you performed strongly this week in general, so that just might save you.

Barbara: This is probably your strongest photo to date in this competition, I love everything about it! I think the face makeup is absolutely gorgeous and really highlights your features, and I loved the way you accessorized the fans. This photo is ART.

Millie: I wouldn't go that far Barbara.

Kallie: I can't believe she said something so nice.

Lindsay: Neither can I.

Millie: This photo is okay Kallie, but there's just something about it that I'm not connecting to, and I think it's simply because when I compare it to the rest of your portfolio, it doesn't blow me away. The dress looks absolutely fabulous, and i love the incorporation of the traditional Chinese fans to accentuate the dress' inspiration. Your face looks good, and your cheekbones are to die for, but to me the whole thing just seems average to me. At this stage of the competition I want to see stellar photographs, but I just don't feel like I'm seeing your best efforts here, which was also a recurring theme from your go-sees feedback. I wanted to see a much more dynamic pose, and a much more intense facial expression as you can't be relying on either your natural beauty or your previous photos to save you now.

Kallie: Okay. Thanks for the tips.
2738 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right so NINA, you're going to be critiqued next.

Nina: Sure thing.

Lindsay: So how did you fare at the go-sees?

Nina: I did okay. I booked 2 of the 4 go-sees, and I think the comments I received were okay, it's just the brands didn't think I necessarily fit their aesthetics, so I wasn't so offended.

Barbara: 50% still isn't the best thing.

Nina: Oh I know, but at least it wasn't because they thought I was ugly or something *laughs*

Barbara: Well THEY didn't but...

Nina: ...

Lindsay: Don't listen to her, she's so rude.

Millie: I'm just excited to see the photographs.

Nina: Me too actually.

Millie: Let's see how you did then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30746822312/in/album-72157672660242683/

Millie: Like Jordan, this is a good fashion photo, and one that I could definitely see as part of a fashion editorial in a magazine, but the whole theme revolving around Guo Pei is completely missing from this photograph. There's no evidence of Chinoiserie, and this doesn't even look like the style of dress that Guo Pei would design. Pei is known for her extremely outlandish and over-the-top looks that really take your breath away, but I could see this kind of look on any girl on a night out on the town, you know? You face is stunning as always, but like I've said to a couple of the other girls, 'okay' photos won't keep you safe now. This is the final 5, and I really want to see some evident research coming through in your photos as well as winner-worthy photos, and this just isn't one of them.

Nina: Okay then.

Barbara: This photo doesn't make you deserving of the final 5. I'm sorry Millie, but this season is a flop compared to mine, at least the competition was FIERCE. Anywho, this is not fierce, this is cheap and basic and that's really all I have to say.

Millie: Savage.

Lindsay: You murdered it this week. The only thing I feel you could've fixed up a bit was your photoshoot. It's way to bland and it doesn't scream Guo Pei at all and it's a bit too simple for my taste. Regardless, I feel like you're the most dedicated in this game and that's a very strong trait to have. I think you'll still end up a successful model outside of this competition regardless of whether you win or lose. Anyway, overall you scored a B+ and I think that's acceptable. Best of luck!

Nina: Thanks Lindsay, thanks judges.

Millie: You're welcome.
2738 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right so girl number 4 will be JORDAN.

Lindsay: Come on down girl.

Jordan: Hello hello.

Lindsay: So how was the whole go-see experience for you?

Jordan: Personally I loved it.

Barbara: Really, why?

Jordan: I just loved having the opportunity to go out into Shanghai and meet all these incredibly designers and just try and get my face out there in the industry.

Barbara: How many designers did you book?

Jordan: Only two.

Barbara: So you weren't successful?

Jordan: Well I think I was. Just getting to meet those clients was a success for me.

Lindsay: Aww that's so sweet.

Millie: You know what I love the most about you Jordan? It's your dedication and passion for your place in the competition, and that's something which resonated with all of the designers. They could really tell that you gave this challenge your all, and as a contestant I couldn't ask for anything more.

Jordan: Thanks Millie, means a lot.

Millie: You're very welcome. Moving on, let's take a look at your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30227732983/in/album-72157672660242683/

Barbara: This photo is probably the photo that caught my eye first and is the most riskiest or the one that stands out the most at first glance, so kudos to you on catching my attention right away! With that said, I don't like how the whole photo is 1 color, and I wish there was a little more contrast. Overall, I think the face could have been stronger, but I love the overall idea of the photo so kudos.

Millie: As a fashion photo, it's very cool and edgy, and you look like this fierce ice queen who is ready to take over the world. You have great look in your eyes, and the dress sits really well on your body. HOWEVER, I don't see one little bit of Guo Pei in this photograph whatsoever, and I think you really misunderstood the brief. To me, this photo screams a lack of research which surprises me as you are the girl who always does extensive background checks into each week’s assignment. I gave you a big hint as to what I was looking for from your ad campaigns in the assignment brief with the word 'chinoiserie', which is the use of Chinese patterns, as we can both see they are nowhere to be found here. This shot had the potential to be great, but it doesn't fit the theme at all. Sorry girl.

Lindsay: I think everyone performed good this week (aside from Anuthida), but I think you got out shined this week. The other girls all had a running theme for them in their paragraphs and their portfolios, and you well, you were just there... So I don't think your performance was bad at all, I just feel as if everyone else's was a bit better. Your photoshoot this week is also OK. Not my favorite but it works.

Jordan: Oh my god I'm worried now.

Millie: Keep your head up. Thanks Jordan.

Jordan: Yeah thank you.
2738 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And lastly, rounding us up this week is ANUTHIDA.

Anuthida: Hi guys.

Lindsay: So how did you do at the challenge?

Anuthida: Um.

Millie: Not so great actually.

Barbara: What do you mean?

Millie: Well-

Anuthida: I actually didn't book any of the go-sees, cos' I got the instructions for what we actually had to do wrong. It was such a stupid mistake, but I really hope you guys give me another chance.

Barbara: That is stupid.

Lindsay: *laughs*

Millie: Well it all depends on your photo, this is your last chance to save yourself. With that being said, let's see how you did.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30746826432/in/album-72157672660242683/

Millie: Although this photo may be a little controversial, but for me it really works. I like the kind of artistic vibe that you went for with this shot, and I think it really plays into the idea of traditional Chinese art which is very much the basis for Guo Pei's work. I think the pose looks very natural, and almost like it was caught-in-the-moment of a real Chinese woman, rather than a staged fashion shot. The dress looks absolutely wonderful, and those shoes are out of this world. I could definitely see this photo as part of a fashion gallery or exhibition. The big thing holding you back this week, and you know it, is your performance at the go-sees. I no longer see it as an act of laziness, but rather as an act of carelessness which is almost as bad. If you survive this week, you really need to learn from that experience.

Anuthida: I know, I'm so sorry.

Barbara: With each week, I see you getting progressively weaker in the competition. All of the other girls have been improving, and this is the best you could do? I find this photo extremely unoriginal and tacky, and I'm liking the picture way more than I like YOU as the model. I love all of the art and color and the energy that they give off , but you the model are looking down at your shoes doing nothing.

Lindsay: Although your look is very strong, you never sent me a runway walk, or a paragraph so I can get to know you personally as a model. I think this week you really ruined it for me, your performance this week is in my opinion, the weakest of the entire season. I don't think your look should save your shitty performance in the challenge. Sorry!

*Anuthida wells up a little*

Anuthida: Alright. *Walks back*
2738 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the judges and I to decide our rankings, and deliberate between you. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the ninth Vogue Girl poll of the season is, who got first call-out, and which girl will be leaving the competition in fifth place.

I have a lot to think about when it comes to this elimination. We will be taking into account your performance in the challenge, your photo shoot today as well as your general performance in the entire competition.

Good luck to you all.
2738 days 4 hours ago
Katherinee_
I know now where I went wrong with that photoshoot. Thank you so much Milli and Lindsay!! It's also great to see Barbara back destroying my self-esteem :D
2738 days 3 hours ago
MISSimogen
Ok but why does Lindsey keep going in on my personality that was the challenge hun give it a rest, I hardly think being "boring" or "dry" is as bad as being rude like you, as a judge you should give your critism a little more professionally rather than bring people down babe we have enough of people doing that in the world xo As for Millie I always respect your feedback but I'm definitely giving my best efforts as i literally spend a lot of time finding photos and making sure I stick to the assigned task. Saying my photo is not v good is fine but I'm 100% giving my best efforts in this competition but i appreciate your feedback nonetheless x

Goodluck gals, cute pics this photoshoot xo
2738 days 1 hour ago
Maxi1234
I'm here to give an opinion and I'm giving it 100%.

No one calls out Barbara for being rude, and personally if you wanna keep attacking a judge go ahead because I still have a say whether you stay here or not.
2738 days ago
CocoaBean
Because I'm like the Hungarian Naomi Campbell, Lindsey, and my rudeness is strictly professional, not personal like yours. Keep my name out of your 3rd place "runner-up" mouth.
2737 days 23 hours ago
MISSimogen
If you want to be bitter about me "attacking" you then do it, try and get me out due to personal feelings, once again shows your unprofessionalism as a judge, maybe Millie needs to find a more suitable judge next season! x
2737 days 22 hours ago
MISSimogen
https://66.media.tumblr.com/90476bf3a823cb5f858b500ec5f0aa6a/tumblr_nz6uzh0Twc1ttzobeo1_540.gif
2737 days 22 hours ago
Maxi1234
I never said I would get you out?

Literally being attacked for giving criticism... alright!
2737 days 21 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Thank you Millie, Barbara, and Lindsay. I feel bad for "missing the mark" on the theme, but in my opinion I feel I succeeded. My inspiration came from the dress Guo Pei designed for Rhianna for the Met Gala where the "Chinese inspiration" was very subtle and the designer focused more on the shape and "exaggeration" of the whole dress.

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/rihanna-dress-01-600x800.jpg

So many of the other photos this round had more of a Chinese-inspiration than a Guo Pei inspiration. Maybe I overresearched Guo Pei, but I definitely did not want to give you the look every other girl was giving you. I dug deep into her style and found my inspiration from deep within.

That exaggeration is what I was going for in my photo.
2737 days 18 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Barbara: Congratulations on having the safest photo of the week for the 10th time. Sweetie it's over, you are the queen of basicness and boringness. Reread everything i've sent you over the weeks and try again.

Wow sucks that I couldn't get an actual critique or feedback, as it seemed kind of personal ;(

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!