This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 1 ~ Smoking Hot! (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 1 ~ Smoking Hot!..

2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 13 enter the abandoned warehouse which serves as the judging room for the season*

Millie: Hello to my lovely girls, and welcome to the first judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10. You have all been chosen for your unique looks, crazy personalities but most importantly, model potential. Before we get to this week's photos, I will tell you about your prizes for winning this season.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts)

Millie: Now it is time to introduce you to our fabulous judges for this season. First up we have feisty fashion model, and winner of the last cycle of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Barbara Palvin! (CocoaBean)

Barbara: Hi girls!

Millie: And the other gorgeous lady who will be joining me on the panel is none other than TV personality, and 2nd Runner-up from last season of Tengaged's Next Top Model also, Lindsay Lavara! (Maxi1234)

Lindsay: Thanks Millie.

Millie: Not only have both of these girls been through the entire process before, but they have both gone on to have successful careers in the fashion industry. This means that these girls know what they're talking about and additionally what you are going through so take their criticism seriously.

So without further ado, let's get started!
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, the first girl up we have is NINA!

Nina: Hiya!

Millie: Here's your best photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28985758585/in/album-72157672361294186/

Barbara: Lana Del Rey? REALLY? If this was my show, I would eliminate you for just sending this photo in. "Lana Del Rey" is barely a model, and she represents H&M clothing at best, LOL! I can't even judge the photo properly because you used Lana Del Rey. If you stay this week, it's because the other 2 judges are more lenient than I on the use of celebrities, or some other model messed up royally worse than you. I am NOT happy.

Lindsay: Okay I like this picture, but one thing I don't like is when people use obvious stars in their pictures and not literal models. Putting that aside, the picture is great, and it's a LOT more colorful than everyone's pictures, so this is different (it's a compliment). Everything is on point and perfect, and I don't really have anything to complain about. And not to mention, the theme was pretty obvious for this shoot as well. I'm impressed. Keep up the good work.

Millie: I'll start with the good points of this photo. Firstly, something that I really admire is that you are one of only two girls this week to use a colour photo. This makes you really stand out from the crowd, and most importantly MEMORABLE compared to the rest of the competition. You look great, and this is a great example of having your eyes closed yet still remaining connected to the camera. Despite all the colours and a dog, you and the cigarette remain the main focus of the shot. However, like both Barbara and Lindsay pointed out I am disappointed in the use of a celebrity rather than a model. Like I said to Hailey at the challenge, this is a modelling competition and I expect you to replicate that in every aspect of this competition, so you will be penalised for that.

Millie: Thankyou Nina.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next up we have... JORDAN!

Jordan: Hi judges!

Millie: Congratulations on winning the challenge this week Jordan, very well done.

Jordan: Thankyou so much, much appreciated.

Millie: Let's see your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28366597374/in/album-72157672361294186/

Millie: I like the shot Jordan, but I hate to say it, I'm not as big a fan of it as the other judges are. You look fabulous, and I like the 1920's cigarette holder that you are using to create this real retro theme to the shot. Unfortunately, I just think it's a little average from a modelling perspective for me. Lying down is always a tricky skill to master, and here is a prime example as I feel like the dress is lost in the whole shoot. While the theme was to showcase the cigarette, you have to remember that you are modelling a garment as well, and the pose, the lighting and the cigarette all combined completely distract me from what you are trying to sell. You do look gorgeous though, and that's something that I can't take away from you. Also, congratulations on your challenge win!

Lindsay: THIS. IS. AMAZING. For me, this is the winning picture. You got the theme on point, the fashion is EXTREME and very haute-couture. You're giving me Amy Winehouse feels, and I really like it! This is very 70's-80's and I'm truly amazed by the concept, the fashion, the hair, this is great. You gave us everything we wanted to see, and you hit it right on the mark for this challenge. I'm keeping an eye out for you, despite this being early in the competition, I can definitely tell you're going to be a force to be reckoned with and I'm excited to see whether you're gonna keep impressing me.

Barbara: I LOVE this photo. This photo is everything I am looking for a photo and more. Your makeup, your hair, your face, I can see your showing off the cigarette, everything is perfect. Keep this up, and I can see you as the winner!

Millie: Thanks Jordan.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Can CHLOE now please step forward?

Chloe: Yay my turn!

Millie: Let's see how your shoot turned out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28953345766/in/album-72157672361294186/

Millie: Overall I do like this photo Chloe. You look extremely sexy, while still looking like an independent woman. I love the whole kind of 'bondage' theme to the shot, as shown by your corset, but I do know that it's not going to appeal to anyone on the mass market. Men (and some women) will generally love it, but when fashion is generally a female oriented market, you have to be aware of who you are really trying to appeal to; so as a campaign shot, this may not work, but as a photo for a competition it's a good start. To me, your lips look a little tense, as if you are trying to pout too much, and I think had you not, it would have toned down the overall promiscuity of the shot making it much more 'sexy' and a little less 'hoochy'. Nevertheless, you've done well.

Lindsay: I really like this picture! Your head is tilted but the facial expression is really on point. You can tell what this photo shoot is all about. The pose and the fashion along with this picture is also something I like, it's giving me bad girl, post-party night realness and I really LOVE it! I think your performance this week was one of the best, and I have high expectations for you. Overall, this is a solid 10/10 for me. I wouldn't change a single thing about it, and I'm glad you submitted this picture.

Barbara: You kind of look like a prostitute. This is a modelling competition, not your audition for Hooters. I'm just going to ignore the outfit, because I think you know I feel about it by now. I really like your face in this photograph and your eyes tell me a story. I think you have potential to do well in this competition if you can lose the hooker outfit next time.

Millie: Thankyou Chloe.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Number 4 is HAILEY.

Hailey: Hello chicas!

Millie: Let's get straight to the shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28985749395/in/album-72157672361294186/

Millie: Hailey, this shot is fierce as heck and it absolutely gets my approval. This could have been a very basic shot, but little things you have done to your body have turned it from basic to high fashion. You've given yourself a slight arch in your back to give yourself some angles, given strong eye contact which makes me feel connected to the photo graph even if you aren't looking at me. The hand holding the cigarette does feel a little awkward to me, especially your pinky finger, and I think if you had just relaxed it a little, not only would it look less strained, but maybe wouldn't cover up as much as your face as you are now. You have a truly amazing look and we want to see it, not hide it! Keep up the good work Hailey.

Lindsay: Okay, let me start off by saying that your hair AND the pose is amazing. But the face, not so much. It looks awkward and like, I don't know, I just feel like she's sucking on that cigarette a LOT more than she should. But that's about it. Everything else is really great, it's very high fashion, and the dress/corset thing that you're wearing is absolutely stunning and it fit amazingly well with the theme and the shoot in general. This is great.

Barbara: This is a good shot! Your face is very strong, and you're selling the cigarette quite well. My only complaint is that I can't see your full body/legs, I think it would've made the post much more interesting. I can see you going very far in this competition.

Millie: Thankyou very much Hailey.

Hailey: Thanks guys.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: The next girl I would like to see is ALEXANDRIA.

Alexandria: Your wish is my command.

Millie: Thankyou. Want to see your best shot?

Alexandria: Hell yeah!

Millie: Here you go then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28368755373/in/album-72157672361294186/

Lindsay: I really like this picture. This is giving me P!nk vibes, with her "I don't give a fuck" attitude. It's really tomboy-ish and the fashion is very haute-couture and everything just all fits together as a whole. But the theme is kinda hard to get across, and I feel like that was the biggest challenge for all the girls this week. Overall, this is a top tier picture for me and I genuinely enjoyed your performance in this challenge.

Millie: Alex, I am absolutely in LOVE with this shot, and for me personally, this is the best photo of the week but we will have to see how the other judges feel. I love your facial expression, and the persona that you are creating of yourself as this sort of action hero who has just saved the day and is now sitting there, smoking a cigarette like a bad-ass. The outfit looks amazing (especially the fur jacket), and most importantly, that is what you focus on when you see the shot. While it was important this week to showcase the cigarette, you are a model first and foremost and have to remember that you are selling a product. Unlike Hailey, your hand doesn't look tense at all, and I think that is what I like most about the shot, is that you make it look BELIEVABLE.

Barbara: This photo is a decent start to the competition...I don't love it, but I like it. It's missing that special OOMPH for me. There's nothing particularly wrong with the photo, but nothing stands out, and this week is all about controversy. If you move on to next week, for me I would like to do something riskier.

Millie: Thanks Alexandria.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now it is TEQUILA's time to shine.

Tequila: Yay, haha!

Millie: Let's see it then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28366612734/in/album-72157672361294186/

*Judges are silent*

Lindsay: In my opinion, this is the WORST picture. Where's the cigarette? You were assigned a theme, and you didn't do it. And this is a beauty shot, we see little of your body and I'm not impressed with this. Here's a tip (if you're even here next week to use it), don't do beauty shots (showcasing only your face in photo shoots) and actually FOLLOW the theme. I'm sorry, but this picture really isn't up to the other girls' standards.

Barbara:  *sigh* I knew that by your name you would be the illiterate one out of the group. You don't even have a cigarette in your photo, which was the theme of this week. As a model, you have to be able to follow directions given to you, and your inability to read might cost you your spot in this competition.

Millie: I hate having to reiterate what the judges have already said, but I'm going to have to. You didn't fulfil the brief at all which was to pose with a cigarette, and on top of that submitted a beauty shot which I specifically stated shouldn't be submitted. As a model you have to be able to take direction well, both on and off the set and this quite clearly shows that that is something you are unable to do. This is the first week, but even so now should be the time that you are trying to stand out, and unfortunately you are but for all the wrong reasons. The photograph itself isn't bad, you look beautiful. However, you are one of 13 models here and all of you are beautiful so that doesn't really stand for much in this competition. If you are here next week, you are really going to have to try hard to redeem yourself.

Millie: Sorry Tequila.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next up we have JESSIE.

Jessie: Hi.

Millie: Here is your best shot this week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28366595224/in/album-72157672361294186/

Millie: I actually really like this shot Jessie. You look powerful yet relaxed and most importantly, you're not letting the cigarette take over the photo, a problem that some of the other girls had. You've got strong eye contact with the camera, piercing down the lens, and despite it being quite a wide-angled photograph, you are keeping the focus entirely on you. My one issue with you this week is your attitude. If you disagree with something that the client says or does, keep your mouth shut until you get home. If you want to vent in the House chat, then you are more than welcome to, but don't do it in the challenge thread. It was only me this week, but had I been an important client, not only would it have been unprofessional on your part, but it would have been extremely unprofessional.

Barbara: This shot is one of my favourites! It's high fashion, it's controversial without being raunchy, and I noticed the cigarette right away!  My only suggestion next week is to have a stronger face, your body and pose is giving me "fierce" vibes but your face just doesn't match for me. With that being said, You're off to a strong start! Keep up the good work.

Lindsay: Okay I love this picture a lot. But does it fit the theme? No. The first thing I looked at when I saw this picture is your face, I completely almost forgot this was a cigarette-related photo shoot. I know and love what you were going for, but in a competition like this, where you have to show off a specific theme, you really have to shove it in the judges' faces, because people are gonna be like "What is she trying to depict?". I really liked your concept, and this is a good photo. But next time, try to be more evident about theme!

Millie: Good work girl.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now it is time for ANUTHIDA.

Anuthida: Nice to meet you judges!

Lindsay: Nice to meet you too.

Barbara: Let's see how you do in the challenge first *laughs*

Millie: Exactly Barbara! Here's your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28953344836/in/album-72157672361294186/

Barbara: I find this photo controversial, but not in a good way. To me, this photo is a hot mess. It bothers me that your nipples are lopsided, I think next week you should get a boob job. Nothing about this shot says high fashion to me at all. You can be controversial while still having a high standard of modelling. What I do like about this photo is that my eyes immediately went to the cigarette, which is the main focus of this week's photo shoot and the cigarette in the mouth was a clever. If you move onto next week, I'd like to see a more professional looking shot.

Millie: This isn't the conventional fashion shot, so a divided opinion was to be expected from the judges. Personally, I don't mind the shot but it just doesn't 'wow' me like some of the other photos this week. I like the fact that you are posing with the cigarette actually in your mouth (something very tricky to do) so you have shown some skill there. I think the photo would have been better if you were looking up, straight down the lens like Jessie did, or even with only one eye open just so that you establish a connection with the camera. Sorry Barbara, but the boobs don't bother me at all, and in fact I'm even more impressed with how gutsy you were to use a photo with your breasts exposed. All in all, this is a good start to the competition, but next week I want to see you really pull out all the stops.

Lindsay: Okay, this is a picture I'm VERY indifferent about. I don't despite it at all, I just think you really missed the mark on the theme. I can't even tell whether the thing in her mouth is a cigarette or a lipstick? The pose is also something I really don't like, and I would have preferred something different with the facial expressions. As a whole, this picture is decent. Nothing more, nothing less.

Millie: Thanks Anuthida.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Alright, come on down BRENDINA.

Brendina: Heya!

Barbara: How are you feeling?

Brendina: Nervous, this week's been tough for me.

Millie: That's understandable, it's a lot of pressure. Let's get to your photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28880669322/in/album-72157672361294186/

Barbara: I don't like this photo at all. This is the week of controversy and you look like a middle aged women who just sat down and realized her life is miserable. The outfit looks like curtains sold at Walmart (on sale might I add). One thing that I like about the photo is like Anuthida, my eyes went to the cigarette. I think this would've been a much better shot if it wasn't in black and white.

Millie: I'm going to have to disagree with the other judges on this one as I actually really love the shot. I think you look so elegant here, almost channelling a lady-in-waiting, without looking overly mature. Yes the outfit is quite demure, but in no way do I think you make this photo look old fashioned or dated in anyway. In fact, I think this would have been a good shot for your challenge this week, and you are showcasing the qualities of calmness and intelligence here. You are using the cigarette as an accessory, and not letting it completely overwhelm you, something I appreciate as a model. I do have to agree with Lindsay though about the cup problem. The plastic cup just looks totally out of place here and goes completely against everything I just said. A good start to the competition though.

Lindsay: You can tell this photo shoot is about smoking and I'm glad you got the point across. The thing that bothers me though, is your face. Honestly, I'm just not feeling it at all. I would have preferred your head tilted to the camera, since it looks awkward looking that way with the big eyes. Also, another very minor detail I don't like about this picture is the cup, I feel like it makes the photo shoot seem a lot less professional than it should, so I'd just throw it away. In general, this picture is FAIRLY decent. It didn't have any wow factor like it should have, but I'm glad you got the theme across.

Millie: Good Luck!
2835 days 19 hours ago
brenelle1120
*walks back to the group*

Yay! A decent start!
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Our tenth girl for our tenth season is XIMENA.

Ximena: Loving the novelty of it.

Barbara: Won't last for long girl.

Millie: Here's your best photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28985761905/in/album-72157672361294186/

Barbara: I can't even judge this because you literally STOLE this photo from me in your group game. How embarrassing. You should also be eliminated on the spot.

*tense silence*

Lindsay: I like this picture in general, but it looks more like a painting of someone rather than an actual photo shoot. The filter (or whatever was used for this) needs to be toned down a A LOT because it's a distraction. Overall, this photo is great, the fashion is very sleek and and it integrates well with the given theme and I won't complain about anything else

Millie: You look great here Ximena, and this is a strong start to the competition. Like Alexandria, you are one of the girls who looked the most relaxed holding the cigarette, which is really nice to see as it shows that you are able to play a character in photographs, even if you don't smoke yourself. However, like Lindsay said, I'm really not a fan of the saturation balance or filter put on the photo. While I do appreciate that you used a colour-photo, for me it's just so in--your-face that it completely distracts me from anything that you are doing in it. Had it been toned down to give a more natural feel, for me, this could have been in the running for first call-out. You do look gorgeous though, but just be aware of how the photo as a whole comes across, rather than just you yourself.

Millie: Thankyou very much Ximena.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: KYLIE, it's your turn!

Kylie: Thank God, I thought you'd forgotten about me.

Barbara: I almost did.

Lindsay: THE SHADE.

Millie: Enough about shade, let's talk about YOU. Here's your photograph.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28909343201/in/album-72157672361294186/

Barbara: I don't like this photo at all. You're too far back, I wish you were closer to the camera, and your pose is kind of awkward for me. Since you're so far back, I barely noticed that you had a cigarette in your mouth. I wish your outfit was different so we could see those long legs you have...I don't know, there's nothing I particularly like about this photo! Maybe the other judges can shed some light to help you? Not sure what to say other than choose a photo where you're closer to the camera if you move onto next week.

Lindsay: Well this is... different. After some of the pictures I just judged, I feel like this was a bit underwhelming compared to them. I can't really see your face at all, and facial expressions are a key thing in this competition. I like the concept, but overall this picture is pretty decent. I just feel like I've SEEN it before and it doesn't wow me like it should. And theme is really hard to get as well.

Millie: Unfortunately, I'm going to have to repeat what the other judges have said. The photo isn't awful by any means, but everything about it is just either awkward or forgettable to be quite frank. Like Barbara noted, you're standing too far away from the camera, which means that we can't see all of your beauty, especially in your face. From this angle, your face looks a little uncomfortable, almost as if you are trying really hard to keep that cigarette in your mouth without using your hands. As for the body position, it's just a little blah to me. While I'm usually one of the only fans of the "just standing" body pose, here it just doesn't work. There's no tension in your body at all, which makes it just seem like you're bored. It's okay, but you definitely need to step your game up.

Millie: Okay, that's all.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Almost done! Next girl up is KALLIE.

Kallie: Hey judges!

Millie: Let's see what you produced this week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28953348576/in/album-72157672361294186/

Millie: Kallie, I think this is a really decent shot from you this week. First of all, your face looks absolutely stunning. Your cheekbones look so sharp, and I love you with your hair slicked back. Everything about this shot exudes sexiness, which is something I was secretly hoping to see this week, and more importantly you didn't do it in an overt way. Your relaxed pose, combined with your general styling shows a way to be sexy, without it being in your face, like Chloe's photo. I do think you need to be a little bit more aware of where the light is though, as although I can see that your eye contact is strong, I'm not drawn to them as your eyes are almost hidden in darkness. Maybe if you had tilted your head up slightly, or faced more towards the light this shot would have been golden.

Barbara: Your face is VERY strong, but I'm just into the whole sitting on a chair and smoking a cigarette pose, it's a bit basic, but it's not bad. Read Alexandria's comment.

Lindsay: The model is VERY stunning. But this kinda reminds me of Alexandria and Hailey's pictures. The photo as a whole is great, but it's really hard to get what the theme is. I really love how low-key and modern this is, I'm really getting Tumblr-ish, hipster-like vibes from it and that's something I'm usually a fan of. The hair and the posture of the model is amazing but next time try to be more evident about the theme! Yes, there's a cigarette in the picture but I just feel like it's not the main focus, and when you're given a specific theme you have to build up a shoot around it. Overall, this is good and I expect more from you!

Millie: Thankyou Kallie.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And finally our final girl this week will be NASTASIA.

Nastasia: Hey!

Millie: Now you disappointed me this week at the challenge, do you think you improved on the shoot?

Nastasia: I like to think so... I felt much more confident.

Millie: Let's see if it worked out alright then. Here we go...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28880673562/in/album-72157672361294186/

Barbara: Are you selling the book or the cigarette?? I barely noticed the cigarette at all and I had to look really closely to see if you even had one in your photo. Aside from that, I love the aesthetic that you are bringing to the photo, and your face looks beautiful. I just don't think this is a particularly strong photo for the theme of this week, but perhaps on a different week, this photo would have been good.

Lindsay: This is EXACTLY like Jessie's photo. There's SO many things to look at in this photo and I forgot what the theme behind this was. Unlike Jessie's photo though, this is a lot more depressing. I really don't like it as much. I know that you were going for a specific era and style but I feel like you took a risk and it didn't pay off. And also, the cigarette is almost blurred out. As a whole, I'm not a fan of this picture.

Millie: You had a lot to redeem yourself from after that disaster of a challenge, and I think you did. It's by no means the best shot of the week, but more importantly I genuinely see a model here, which I didn't see earlier. You are channelling the 50s, one of my favourite eras, so in my eyes you look great. As a modelling shot, there's certainly room for improvement. Had you been looking either at the camera or into the distance, rather than at the book you would have fared much better, and you could have also crossed your legs just to add some dimension to the shot. I think when looking at it, this could be a part of a fashion editorial, but not an iconic cover or ad campaign. You did your job this week, but I really want to see the 'fierce' side to you next week.

Nastasia: Thanks guys.

Millie: You're welcome.
2835 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the judges to deliberate. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of our first Vogue Girl poll of the season was, who got first call-out, and which girl will be the first to be sent home. Good luck all.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!