This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Herbology! HUFFLEPUFF AND GRYFFINDOR

Topic » Herbology! HUFFLEPUFF AND..

5452 days ago
lonlee
Welcome class to Herbology! I am your Herbology Professor, Professor Lonlee. This year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, you will be studying about some strange and bizarre plants of the Magical World. For your convenience, I have created a short list of them, with a little background information about some. Take a look. And be careful of the Venomous Tentacula, it is teething. *slaps a dangerous looking plant as it tries to wind a tendril around her*
Alihotsy
Note: The consumption of this plant causes hysteria
Bubotubors
Note: This is an excellent cure for acne! However, beware the un-diluted puss!
Devil's Snare
Note: the Devil's Snare is extremely lethal and will suffocate anyone/anything that touches it. The harder one struggles, the tighter the grip gets. It hates the sunlight, so if you ever find yourself caught in its clutches, cast a light-producing spell at it.
Gillyweed
Note: the consumption of this gross-looking plant will cause the eater to sprout fins on their hands and feet and gills. After eating it, be sure to find water to swim around in, for you will not be able to breath air for an hour's time!
Mandrake (Mandragora)
Note: the cry of a mandrake is fatal when they are full-grown. Babies will not kill you, but it will knock you out for several hours. These need to be cared for carefully, for when they are fully mature, they make a powerful restorative.
Mimbulus Mimbletonia
Note: this is a very rare plant with puff pods. WARNING! When the plant feels threatened, it will squirt stinksap all over you, which would be very embarassing if your crush walked in on you like that.
VenomousTentacula
Note: this is a dangerous plant and should be handled with care!
Whomping Willow
Note: This large and violent tree will seriously injure anything that comes within close proximity to it. However, if a certain knot in the trunk is pressed, the branches will freeze in place for a short period of time.
I will give you all a few hours to read through this. The quiz will then be put up happy reading :D
5452 days ago
Mielz
Okay :D
5452 days ago
lonlee
BONUS POINTS
1st = 50 points
2nd = 40 points
3rd = 30 points
4th = 20 points
5th = 10 points
1st house to complete gets a bonus 50 points
5452 days ago
tommyg
professor, im leaving for a few days in about 20 minutes. is it possible for me to get the quiz now?
5452 days ago
lonlee
i will send you the quiz now :D
5451 days 23 hours ago
tommyg
5451 days 21 hours ago
AustinStory
Sounds delicious.
5451 days 18 hours ago
Todd
i turned mine in a few days ago lol
5451 days 17 hours ago
Hannahhh
when will the quiz be posted? i may not be on later.
5451 days 17 hours ago
lonlee
yes todd i still have your results :D
5451 days 17 hours ago
lonlee
Quiz
You have until tomorrows lesson to pm me you answers. Any answers when the after tommorows lesson will NOT be accepted!
1. Who taught Herbology in Harry Potter?
2. What is the name of the loud plants?
3. How did Hermione answer Professor ............... first question?
4. Why did Hermione talk about the ‘cry’ of the plant?
5. Which earmuffs were the most unpopular and why?
6.Why was it very important that everyone wore earmuffs?
7.What would happen to the children if they did hear these Mandrakes?
8.Explain in your own words how to re-pot a Mandrake 
You can help each other and use any kind of resources to help you.
Every question is worth 3 points EXCEPT questioin 8 which is worth 10 points if answered correctly. Have fun with the quiz any questions pm me :D
5451 days 17 hours ago
lonlee
1st quiz recieved....
Todd 75% = 25 points
1st = 50 bonus points
Total = 75 points to hufflepuff
5451 days 17 hours ago
lonlee
2nd quiz recieved....
Tommyg 62.5% = 22 points
2nd = 40 bonus points
Total = 62 points for hufflepuff
5451 days 10 hours ago
Hannahhh
did you get my quiz lonlee?
5451 days 9 hours ago
Chels05
I sent my quiz hours ago
5451 days 9 hours ago
Megan
i will send mine ina  few minutes

open group

Hogwarts

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!