This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Topic » Rules

5061 days 8 hours ago
pablito
Rules:

Each player starts with two hit points. Each time you falter in the attack phase, you lose a hit point. You can also lose hit points due to traps, danger zones, or failing to submit a choice in time. You lose one hit point as well if you succumb to thirst or starvation. You must eat and drink every five days to avoid thirst or starvation.

If you do not respond before deadline - you will lose a hit point. You lose all your hit points, and you die. Simple as that. If you anticipate being away, please give me your choice list or assign someone to make your decisions - otherwise, you'll quickly pass away.

All players start at the cornucopia. There are three items waiting at the cornucopia at the beginning. Once all items have been taken from the cornucopia, new items will appear at random intervals one at a time.

There are lakes, fields and forests and grassland. Lakes provide water. Fields and forests provide food. Grassland provides nothing.

Every turn, you will be told if there are people nearby. You will not learn identities of those that share your space, as there is little time to see who someone is before you determine that you must attack, defend, or run.

Each night, you must choose one action:
A) Seek - You will learn the identities and health status of those who share the space with you when sun rises. If you have nightvision goggles, you can use them once at night to gain seek ability for free.
B) Sleep - You will be invisible by those who seek. However, you will not be invisible to those who used nightvision goggles. If you have cloak, you can use it to be invisible to seekers once at night for free.
C) Grab - You will grab and eat 1 food if in forest or field. You will grab and drink 1 water if in lake. You will grab 1 item if at cornucopia. If more than one person grabs for an item at cornucopia, a duel will commence and the winner will get the item (if no clear winner, it goes back to ground). If you have a Twin-Pak Container, you will be able to store food/drink for later.
D) Run - You can move 1 space north, south, west or east. If you have boots, you can use them to move one space at night for free.

*Using an item allows you to do one action free, you will still be able to perform one other action that night phase.

Each day, you will be told how many people are in your square. You will only be told how many are in your square. Each person in your square will be listed as a letter. (Each player may be told different letters btw, therefore person X for me may be person Z for you, even though we're in same square.) If there's no one in your square, you will also be told this.

You must choose one action:
A) Attack Player # - You will attack player Number (blank). This player will lose a hit point unless s/he is in defensive stance. You are vulnerable to attacks from everyone else.
B) Defensive Stance - You will defend against all attacks. All players who attacked you will lose a hit point. If no one attacked you, then you lose one hit point from exhaustion.
C) Attack nature - You attack a trap or nature. If a trap is sprung, you avoid losing a hit point. You are vulnerable to attacks from everyone else.

Items - you may only hold two items maximum at a time. Each item is a one-time use only except containers.

Bread - will reset food timer.
Water - will reset water timer.
Armor - wear it during one day and you will NOT lose any points if no one attacked you.
Sword - equip it during one day and you will NOT lose any points if your target defended self.
Nightvision - equip it during night to be able to "seek" plus perform another night action.
Boots - equip it during night to be able to "run" plus perform another night action.
Cloak - equip it during night to be able to "sleep" plus perform another night action.
Medikit - 50% chance that it will restore one hit point.
Twin-Pak Container - counts as one held item when empty. when passing
5061 days 8 hours ago
pablito
At random intervals, traps may be sprung or danger zones may be announced. If you are in one of these squares when it occurs, you will lose a hit point.  At random intervals, gifts will also be given. One player in the winning group will randomly chosen to receive the gift.

Duel - just like daytime sequence but immediately is enacted during nighttime "grab phase". However in a duel, you will know who your opponents are. At the first night at the cornucopia, you cannot select which item you go after. You will randomly be assigned to one item.
5060 days 11 hours ago
Maggie
gotcha!
5060 days 8 hours ago
DreamPusher
Got it ;)
5060 days 6 hours ago
phanne
I don't get it at all.  Can you rewrite it in clearer terms?  And I didn't even finish my application, why am I here?
5060 days 6 hours ago
pablito
You're here as the sacrificial lamb and the character in the story that poisons herself to death. Story purposes and all.
5060 days 5 hours ago
Shaelynn
:O
5060 days 5 hours ago
tommyboy500
cool finally a cool group game
5060 days 2 hours ago
Yoki
Okay
5060 days 1 hour ago
pablito
The basic gist of the game:

You can only attack/fight those in your square.

During attack phase:

I attack randomize. Randomize does not defend = rando loses life.
I attack randomize. Randomize defends = pabs loses life.
I do not attack randomize. Randomize defends = rando loses life.
I do not attack randomize. Randomize does not defend = neither loses life (barring other circumstances).

Night phase is just upkeep and to prepare for the attack phase. But most lives will be lost due to attacking/defending.

Your three choices during day phase remember are:
1) Attack player (name).
2) Defend against attacks.
3) Attack trap (basically = do nothing).
5047 days 19 hours ago
pablito
Series 2 rule changes:

PERMANENT DAYLIGHT. Seeking is no longer an option. It's automatic.

Disarm trap will now be labelled as "do nothing" except when you're on a trap space, then I'll change the name for you.

You can no longer sleep two nights in a row. Sleeping two nights in a row will lead to loss of life (the bugs bite you).

Excessive "doing nothing" can come back to haunt you in the later parts of the game.

When you sleep, you will be represented by a "?" instead of completely disappearing from the grid. Even if you show up as a "?" a person can legitimately attack you if they put "Attack [username]" with your name in it.

Hunger/thirst will start at 0 and now go upward. You will be told which number you die at. It'll start lower this time. So to start, if your thirst meter gets to 3, you'll die.

Soup = water/food. Same thing.
4260 days 20 hours ago
pablito
Rules for series 3:

Rules:

Each player starts with 2 HP. You can lose HP during the duel phase, through danger zones, or failing to submit a choice in time. You can also lose 1 HP if you succumb to thirst/starvation. You must eat/drink every three days to avoid thirst/starvation.

If you do not respond before deadline - you will lose 1 HP. When you lose all HP, you die. Simple as that. If you anticipate being away, please give me your choice list or assign someone to make your decisions - otherwise, you'll quickly pass away.

All players start at the cornucopia. There are three random items waiting at the cornucopia at the start of the contest. Once all items have been taken from the cornucopia, new items will appear at random intervals one at a time. Gifts may also appear from the sponsors in the arena. Within the arena, there are lakes and grassland. If you stay in lakes/grassland, you are given the opportunity to eat/drink.

Each night, you must choose one action:
A) Sleep - Your username will be invisible by those who use nightvision goggles, but everyone will know that your colour player is in this square. If you sleep two nights in a row, you will lose 1HP due to bug bites.
B) Grab (food/item) - You will grab and eat 1 food/water if in grass or lake. You will grab 1 item if at cornucopia. If more than one person grabs for an item at cornucopia, a duel will commence and the winner will get the item (if no clear winner, it goes back to ground).
C) Run - You can move 1 space north, south, west or east. If you have boots, you can use them to move one space at night for free.

Items - you may only hold two items maximum at a time. Each item is a one-time use only.

Food - will reset hunger timer. If you go 3 days without food, you will lose 1HP.
Armor - wear it during one day and you will NOT lose any points when you defend.
Axe - equip it during one day and you will NOT lose any points when you attack someone.
Spear - equip it during one day and you can attack someone in a nearby square.
Nightvision - equip it during one night to reveal the HP and Player names/colours of everyone in the same space.
Boots - equip it during night to be able to "run" plus perform another night action.
Medikit - 50% chance that it will restore one hit point.

*Using an item allows you to do one action free, you will still be able to perform one other action that night phase.

Each day, you will be told how many people are in your square. For the first three days, you will only be told how many players are in your square and each person in your square will be listed as a colour. For example, you are told that you have been assigned Green for the game. Your ally PrincessTeePee told you that she is Yellow for the game. At night, you see that there’s green, purple and yellow in your square! You know that purple is not your ally. If there's no one in your square, you will also be told this. With nightvision goggles, you would be told this instead: pablito (green) has 2HP, haribo (purple) has 1HP, PrincessTeePee (yellow) has 1HP. On the fourth day, there will be permanent daylight and colours will no longer be used - only usernames will be used.

Each day, you must choose one action:
A) Attack Player - You will attack player (colour name). The targeted player will lose 1 HP unless s/he is in defensive stance. You are vulnerable to attacks from everyone else.
B) Defensive Stance - You will defend against all attacks. All players who attacked you will lose 1 HP and you lose 0 HP. If no one attacked you, however, then you lose 1 HP from exhaustion.

C) Do nothing - By resting, you avoid the fight, and if there’s a trap on your space, you have time to disarm it. You are vulnerable to attacks from everyone else.

Duel - When you and at least one other person “grabs” for an item, you must duel to determine who gets it. You will then fight as normal and may lose HP as well. At the first night at the cornucopia,
4260 days 20 hours ago
pablito
Duel - When you and at least one other person “grabs” for an item, you must duel to determine who gets it. You will then fight as normal and may lose HP as well. At the first night at the cornucopia, you cannot select which item you go after. You will randomly be assigned to an item.

Here’s how duels work:

You can only attack/fight those in your square. Let’s say randomize and I are the only players on the space.

During attack phase:

I attack randomize. Randomize sits still. = Rando loses 1HP. Pabs same.
I attack randomize. Randomize defends. = Rando same. Pabs loses 1HP.
I attack randomize. Randomize attacks me. = Rando loses 1HP. Pabs loses 1HP.
I defend self. Randomize defends. = Rando loses 1HP. Pabs loses 1HP.
I defend self. Randomize sits still. = Rando same. Pabs loses 1HP.
I sit still. Randomize sits still. = Rando same. Pabs same.

At random intervals, traps may be sprung or danger zones may be announced. If you are in one of these squares when it occurs, you will lose a hit point.  At random intervals, gifts will also be given. One player in the winning group will randomly chosen to receive the gift.

open group

The Hunger Games

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!