This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC: Best Holiday Song Contest 2013

Topic » TSC: Best Holiday Song Contest..

3789 days 8 hours ago
pablito
In thirty minutes I suppose. Get ready for tales of past tsc xmas parties.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
no one can make this one? :(
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito

3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
those are the songs I'm singing to myself.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
TONIGHT'S ACTS AND RUNNING ORDER (as determined by random.org)

01) The Pogues & Kirsty McColl
02) Ariana Grande
03) Mary J Blige
04) Kelly Clarkson
05) Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
06) Street Drum Corps
07) Leona Lewis
08) Lenka
09) Mariah Carey
10) Michael Buble
11) Pentatonix
12) Tegan and Sara
13) Band Aid
14) Harry Connick Jr.
15) Glee
16) Wham!
17) Frankie Goes to Hollywood
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
I can wait if someone's planning on joining in. Otherwise I'll comment to these videos on my own lonesome.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
Today’s fun facts are brought to you by grandpappy pablito and his tales of previous annual TSC Christmas parties hosted at bibbles’ home..
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
01) The Pogues & Kirsty McColl - 'Fairytale of New York'

Oh remember Christmas of 1983? Back when bibbles and cheznahuf had not yet known each other and they met in New York that one fateful day. They were actually at the same place, but they didn’t even know they met. The chemistry that would develop between the two later on in their lives would be unimaginable. However, they passed each other on the street and bibbles left a taxi heading off to her party when cheznahuf had waved down that same exact taxi. Imagine our lives if they realized they had met back then. Would they still be having those shopping parties like they do now when cheznahuf takes bibbles out for passion fruit-mango froyo and he suggests all the bedazzled denim jean jackets for her?
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
01) The Pogues & Kirsty McColl - 'Fairytale of New York'

This song has a great quality to it. There's that grittiness in the lyrics and the voices that tells us that, guess what, just because we happen to be privileged and have internet access, not everyone is as fortunate as us. There's that realism that is grounding and heartbreaking, but it brings a nostalgia for those rough times, because it reminds us that we are good now. That's what a good songs does, reminds of us the times we fell down so we can see where we are now. Not ideal for a Holiday song, but nonetheless classic and realistic.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
02) Ariana Grande - 'Snow in California'

Christmas of 1988 was nothing like the ragers that we do now these days. Back then, we still hadn’t created the traditions like we do now. That was the first Christmas when TolisKalkas first realized he would be a Eurovision freak. His aunt bought him a walkman and his mother gifted him with his first Helena Paparizou cassette tape. The rest is destiny.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
02) Ariana Grande - 'Snow in California'

It's Ariana, she's in the mold of teen pop princess. The song has a comforting ring to it. Very warm and cozy. But it's still a song that is held up more by the production and the strong writing team than the voice. But for a modern holiday song, this is a low-key underrated entry that will probably resonate well with future generations.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
03) Mary J Blige - 'Do You Hear What I Hear? (feat. Jessie J)'

Christmas 1990 was the first time that bibbles sent official invitations to her tengaged song contest friends. Before, some of us went because we just loved her parties and we loved her. But now it finally became a thing. That was my first one at her place and I was introduced to it by girlracer265. I made the horrible mistake of bringing a pimiento cheeseball to the party. I thought it would be nice, but it’s the reason why we call this one the “year of flatulence christmas party”.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
03) Mary J Blige - 'Do You Hear What I Hear? (feat. Jessie J)'

A classic reimagined by two modern divas. One a gimp, the other a queen. This does not stray very far from the original vision of the song. Well, actually, it does. The original vision was about the Cuban missile crisis. This version is more about producing an echo-filled valley in which you see the mighty Ms. Blige standing in the middle of the snow with her puffy jacket and knee high boots just belting out while Jessie J just pretends to follow along. Not my favorite version of this song, but still a very worthwhile competitor, because Ms. Blige can wail and she makes you think.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
04) Kelly Clarkson - 'Underneath the Tree'

Christmas 1993 was when our normal Santa Claus Patrick319 had the flu and couldn’t don the red suit. No one else really seemed up to it, so of course Limegrass decided to pour some rum in throwaway’s drink and tried to convince throwaway to do it. If only we knew, that all we had to do was just tell him that if he plays Santa he can curse all he wants and be a bad example for the kids and he can pass out by the end of the night. I believe that mini-bibbles really loved Santa that year.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
04) Kelly Clarkson - 'Underneath the Tree'

The original music competition winner in America. It's an interesting take on a modern holiday hit, but this isn't making too much of a dent with me. I really enjoy Kelly, and this was a good song that highlighted her vocals. It's just a bit muted though because it's just fun throughout. I didn't get too many levels within the song. There's loud, then quiet verse, then loud chorus. I think I fault the heavy reliance on percussion in this song. Sleigh bell overload.
3789 days 7 hours ago
pablito
05) Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson - 'Winter Song'

I really enjoyed having PrincessTeePee finally coming to the Christmas 1994 party. She was much younger then and she had never been to bibbles’ house then. Who could ever forget when it was time to sing our yearly X Factor Winner single karaoke performance and we were waiting for TeePee’s Chico solo and no one could find TeePee. Then an hour later we found out she got lost upstairs and got trapped in the bathroom, and when we let her out of the bathroom we found a Louis Walsh voodoo doll on the floor.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!