This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 2: Episode 2: Taste The Rainbow ~Additional Critiques~

Topic » Season 2: Episode 2: Taste The..

267 days 14 hours ago
Xyris
266 days 12 hours ago
Xyris
Additional Comments Xyris:

#FromAWindow
Amaarae- “Princess Going Digital”
This song is such a bop. I love her voice it almost sounds computer generated it's so angelic. It was super catchy but it did get repetitive to a point. Overall this was a solid submission for this round but will it be enough to get you into heaven?

#Vanity
Cynthia Erivo- “The Good”
If I was judging this song just by the first minute it would be my winner. It was so intense and beautiful in the beginning and then turned into a song of empowerment, which I did like overall. However, I preferred her voice in the beginning compared to middle and end. This was a strong submission overall.

#Nice
Mecano- “Mujer contra mujer”
I mean this such a powerful song. Im a big Mecano fan. I  love Ana's voice, but I feel like they have better songs. Their sound and theme are always ethereal though, and this song shows that. It's really a gorgeous song.

#Connor
Years & Years- “Shine”
This was such a cute song. His voice is so gentle and I love it. The harmonizing through me off a bit but I loved the song overall and the message of course. I like the change in tempo throughout the song and the change of inflecion at different parts.

#icy
Rina Sawayama- “Dynasty”
This song is quintessential Rina with the beautiful vocals leading into the rock beats. Although this isn't my favorite song from her, I can't say a single bad things about it. I just feel like a FEW of the other submission were stronger.

#Loosey
Kim Petras- “King of Hearts”
This is totally a club song. I love the techno beats. Probably the only pop dance song submitted and I found it to be super good of it's genre. I actually loved it, but not enough to save your from elimination as Indra has already sentenced you.

#cherita
Lou Reed- “Walk on the Wild Side”
I love storytelling in music and this does just that. The beginning was a little slow and there wasn't must variation in his vocals. More than anything this song was an interesting experience which add value to it. I loved the us of the sax (i believe it was the sax)l

#Littlemix
JORDY- “Good Not Great”
This was a cut song I enjoyed when he picked up the speed in his singing as opposed to his slow singing in the beginning. I feel like this song kinda gets lost in the bunch. This would be a hit in the 2000s though. It gives me summer vibes. I was bopping my head to it though.
Bottom
266 days 12 hours ago
Xyris
Additional Comments Indra

Top:

#Pi
NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts- “So Close”
This. This is a bop! I really literally started dancing to this! I have nothing else to say except I loved this one! thank you

#Kono
KAYTRANADA- “YOU’RE THE ONE”
Oh right of the jump i’m loving the beat. I really enjoyed the vocals! This song is truly fantastic and is a stand out for me this round. Side note not related to the ranking of the track: I’m sad that the handsome guy is just a DJ, I was looking forward to hearing his voice. thank you

#Goat
Lil Nas X- “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”
Definitely a stand out in this group of songs for me. I didn’t love love it, but it was good enough to be in the top half. i enjoyed the vibe of the song, the one critique would be the lack of vocals. thank you

#Vanity
Cynthia Erivo- “The Good”
This is a great song! I enjoyed the flow. I loved the vocals. It’s an upbeat song about remembering the good. Sadly, I think it’s a very safe song this week and it’s middle of the road for me! But it was a good song! thank you
JORDY- “Good Not Great”
Cute song. Catchy. Fun. I enjoyed the lyrics. It’s mid-pack here though compared to the other vocalists. thank you

#icyz
Rina Sawayama- “Dynasty”
Well! This started as one thing and kind of took me on a journey. I didn’t like the beginning much, but the second part I enjoyed ”I’m a dynasty” part was the part i really really enjoy, and then the third part (right after that) was ok. Her vocals were great. While i do enjoy songs that change tempos/beats/etc this felt like too much overall for me to move past. Good song though! thank you

#Thirteen
Janelle Monáe- “Lipstick Lover”
Oh a slower song this round? Hmm it starts off pretty. I have to say that I absolutely hated the lyric, well really the vocals “I like lipstick on my neck” that kind of ruins the flow of the song for me. I think without that line the way it is it would be so much better. Overall very pretty song. thank you

#cherry
Lou Reed- “Walk on the Wild Side”
Luckily I did enjoy the song enough for it to not be my lowest scorer, but Im also looking at this song in the decade it was made and released rather than as a listener today because the lyrics are kind of insensitive in today’s world. The line “all the colored girls say” just doesn’t hit right for me, as even in the 70s that term was starting to be frowned upon. He did revise the lyrics, after pressure from the public. As such, this song came out in the 70s, and it should probably stay there. thank you:
Bottom

open group

Xyris's Music Game

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!