This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked! Round 13: Composition vs Production

Topic » S3: Masked! Round 13:..

441 days 13 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your THIRTHEENTH round! Wow!!!!!!!!! Congrats on surviving twelve rounds!

In this round we’re taking a look at (in my personal opinion) the two main components of recorded music.

This theme is: Composition vs Production

For this round, I am asking two simple tasks. Introduce me to songs that really showcase the two components of songs above!

Prompt 1: Composition

Submit a song that was written incredibly well. Whether that’s lyrics, instrumentation, melody lines, whatever you want to showcase! Just please share what about the song sets it apart compositionally in your submission :)

Prompt 2: Production

Submit a song that was produced incredibly well. A good production in a song can take a well written song and make it one of the best songs you’ve ever heard, whether that’s the mix, little beats and flourishes that enhances the song, whatever you want to showcase!

Y’all have around 2 days to send your songs! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
410 days 16 hours ago
tbrown_47
30 days later hehe
410 days 16 hours ago
tbrown_47
Composition
410 days 16 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Remains by (Bastille Vs. Rag’N’Bone Man Vs. Skunk Anansie)

2) Fly to You by Caroline Polachek ft. Grimes and Dido

Grimes and Caroline match so well together, its like a Siren and an Elf singing in hieroglyphics in the best way. I thought this was going to be good, maybe even great, but this is fantastic! A perfect blend of the three of them.

3) Thelma & Louise by That Kid ft. Chase Icon

4) Leaving on a Jet Plane by Peter, Paul, & Mary

This song summarizes all that comprises of a perfect composition. From the melancholic lyrics about a lover leaving for war, to the melancholic instrumentation that accompanies the lyrics, to the haunting harmonies. This song encapsulates the vibe of the late 60s perfectly, speaking to its flawless composition.

%2CPaul%26Mary-Topic

5) Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler

This song won Record and Song of the Year at the Grammys. The lyrics are so touching and the arrangement begins from such a heartfelt place and truly transforms beautifully with Bette’s demonstrative performance. They go hand in hand to shape this performance. There is a reason it won both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAzMRKFX3c&ab_channel=RHINO
410 days 16 hours ago
tbrown_47
Production
410 days 16 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Ray of Light by Madonna

The iconic track Ray of Light by Madonna is a production masterpiece. Whether people love or hate or misjudge Madonna’s vocal talent, they cannot help but list this track as one of her best. The production on this album is amaZing and this song represents that album wonderfully. The production value truly adds to the song and makes it an upbeat feel that you can groove to.

2) Sugarboy by St. Vincent

3) Kepko by Sega Bodega

4) Sticky by Grove

5) Sante by spill tab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77LkQLaycdU&ab_channel=spilltab

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!