This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

● EPISODE 6 - 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍, 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 ●

Topic » ● EPISODE 6 -..

864 days 1 hour ago
Insanity
https://i.imgur.com/o4Hscpq.gif
864 days 1 hour ago
ianfitz0012
Men
864 days 1 hour ago
Insanity
Suddenly I don’t regret ranking you last Ian
864 days 1 hour ago
QueenMichelle
GANGHANDEDCAT & TURKEYLOVER!

COMMENTARY: COMMENTARY: This was a really fun story, it was enjoyable and made me laugh. The songs worked well with it, I enjoyed the first song way more than the second but overall it was a great effort from you both. The low placement is solely down to the three teams above you getting a slightly higher score, but regardless y’all did a good job and I’m happy with you this week.

SCORE: 16 (8 + 8)

-----

This unfortunately means that IANFITZ0012 and ILOVETOSING will be lipsyncing for the final plane ticket. You know the drill - the lipsync for the plane ticket requires you to have another attempt at the theme in hopes of redeeming yourself and making it to the next round.

Yes, you must come up with a new story yourself, sending TWO songs for the lipsync with a brief description.

You have 24 hours (or longer if you need it) to send your songs.

Good luck racers.

-----

BOTTOM TEAM CRITIQUES:

ilovetosing & ianfitz0012

COMMENTARY: This was a decent story, this was one of the most expected storylines for me though I have to admit. I really enjoyed the first song to your story however, it’s something I’d listen to and I liked it a lot. I wasn’t a big fan of the second song of the story however, it was quite generic and I think another song could’ve gotten the message of your story across better honestly.

SCORE: 11.5 (6 + 5.5)
863 days 22 hours ago
ianfitz0012

SHADES - L.O.L. Surprise!

Lyrics: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/L-O-L-Surprise/Shades

If you were Cinderella at the ball, how would you feel? Because when Natalie gets dressed up to hit the town, she is on top of the world, ready to meet any and all prince charmings who await her. The confidence, the beautiful life she is projecting to us must be real. It has to. You sure as hell can’t buy this.

All Dressed Up (Acoustic) - RAYE

Lyrics: https://genius.com/Raye-all-dressed-up-lyrics

But every Cinderella story has a journey. The time passes, and the beauty and glitz of the ball turns into rags and pumpkins. And for Natalie, after one too many drinks at the bar, the figurative glass slippers and shades melt away like wax and we see what she’s been hiding underneath: A resonant need for belonging.

After Natalie ended things with who she thought was her Prince Charming months ago, she has not been well. She scours bars, looks for a new prince (sometimes a princess), drinks enough for lust’s sake, and then wakes up in the morning to find out she kissed another frog.

Every day, she gets all dressed up and feels fantastic. But as the clock ticks, she has a few drinks, and lets herself down. This look to “slay” us isn’t presenting who she actually is. She’s not ready to welcome another into her life yet. She wants to belong but forgot how it doesn’t come quickly. Her walls are still up. You can’t see the real her when you look into her eyes. The shades need to come off.
863 days 11 hours ago
ilovetosing
Sandy is riding in cab, gazing out the window.

It has been 8 years since she left, she had not came back to this land for 8 years.

The last time she left, there was big fight between her and her parents. She left her village behind in order to live with her boyfriend and chasing her dream as a musician. Her father couldn't accept her decision of leaving the village as he was a very traditional tribal people. He wanted her to stay in the village. In the end, she left the house without any contact information.

Two years after that, her boyfriend cheated on her with another girl. He was Sandy's main support on her journey in chasing her dream but he decided to leave her without a word. One night while Sandy was sleeping, her boyfriend just packed up the things in the house and left without saying goodbye.

When she woke up, she was devastated. She cried for days and kept dreaming about him the whole day. She even thought of giving up on her dream.

Song Title: - あなたに出会わなければ~夏雪冬花~ (Anatanideawanakereba -Kasetsutouka-)
Singer: Aimer

Song lyrics (Translation):
https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/natsuyuki/deawanakereba.htm

After a few months, she managed to pick herself up and move on with her life.

Some time after that, her parents managed to get in contact with her through a mutual contact and wanted to visit her. Her father had accepted the fact that she wanted to become a musician and were trying to reconcile. However, she always found an excuse to reject it because she didn't want them to see her until she has made it as a musician.

This time, she returned because of a phone call from three days ago. From that phone call, she found out that her dad had passed away and today is the funeral.

The cab stopped. She left the cab and started walking along a river that will lead her to her childhood home, the place where all her memories were.

She strolled until she started hearing a sound, the sound which she is most familiar with. She saw her mother, sitting on a rocking chair which is making a creaking sound, with an empty rocking chair beside her. Sandy stood there, staring at her mother.

Her mother realised that someone was there, she turned around and saw Sandy.

There was a moment of silence, until Sandy's mum smiled and said "Sandy, you're finally home."

Sandy's tears started running through her cheeks, she put her bag down and ran to hug her mother.

"I'm so sorry," Sandy cried. Sandy's mum just patted her back and said "It's ok, you're home and that's what matters, my child."

After her father's funeral, she wanted to stay in the village and stay by her mother's side. However, her mother said, "Sandy, there are other things awaiting you out there, you should continue on your journey instead of running away from it by staying here. I'll always be here for you no matter what. As long as the river is here, I'll be here. Now continue and return on your journey." So, she continued her journey on becoming a successful musician.

A few years after that, Sandy managed to become one of the top artist in the industry, and her mother accompanied her to accept "Best Female Artist" award on stage.

Song Title: Katsu
Singer: 張惠妹 (A-Mei)

Background info of the song: The singer is actually a native Taiwanese, like native American. The beginning is actually spoken words from her tribal language. This song is written to her mother.

Song lyrics (Translation):
“Katsu,沿着月光顺着这条河流下去,在遥远的另一端,有一个城市,
等你慢慢长大,就要到那里去生活,追寻你的梦想”
(Katsu, if you walk along the river under the moonlight, on the other side of your dream, there is a city, when you grow up, you must go there and chase your dreams)
“我要永远在你身边”
(But I want to stay by your side forever)
“但是,你一定要去。你会在那里,遇见爱你的人,经历你的人生,你
要更努力、更勇敢,让自己成长”
(But, you must go. There you'll find someone you love, live your life to the fullest, you must work harder, be stronger to let yourself grow)
“好。”
(Ok.)

时间的轮廓 回忆的线索 像一首歌告诉我 (The traces of time, the clues in memories, is telling me like a song)
不论多远 跟着河流走 会有个人爱我 (No matter how far I am, as long as I follow the river, there will be someone who care for me)

走吧 去吧 让梦发芽 流泪 冒险 遗忘 (Just go, let your dreams grow, tears, adventures and forget)
走吧 爱吧 用我选的方法 学着怎么长大 (Just go, just love, use my own way to learn and grow)

就是爱一直跟着我呀 在风里保护我回家 (It's love that has been following me the whole, it'll shelter me on my way home)
就是爱学会了能原谅 在夜里我再也不怕 (It's love that teach me to forgive, I will not be afraid in the dark anymore)

爱情是天空 希望是笑容 世界有梦也有痛 (Love is the sky, hope is the smile, there's dream and pain in the world)
我们一起 跟着时间走 总有一天会懂 (We'll walk with time, someday we'll know)
863 days 3 hours ago
QueenMichelle
It's time to reveal the results of the Lipsync for your Plane Ticket!

You both bring something unique and special to the competition, but only one of you can survive.

The racer receiving the 9th and FINAL plane ticket is…
863 days 3 hours ago
Insanity
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/919290608412139521/928412064295292998/image0.gif
863 days 3 hours ago
Patrick319
I’m already emotional
863 days 3 hours ago
QueenMichelle
IANFITZ0012!

SONGS: ‘Shades’ & ‘All Dressed Up’

COMMENTARY: These were COMPLETELY different songs but I really liked how you linked both of them. The first song was really fun, these queens are guilty pleasures to me and I was getting my life. Then how that developed into the second song was great to me. I’ve never heard that RAYE song properly and especially not the acoustic, but I felt every emotion from her like I sometimes drag her for the lolz but I LOVED that performance. I just really enjoyed your story in general and how they naturally linked together.

SCORE: 18 (9 + 9)

-----

It pains me to say this, but this means we are saying goodbye to our gorgeous and talented racer, ilovetosing. You've done so well in this competition and you are definitely an all star. I loved your songs every week and you brought something so special. You'll be greatly missed my dear </3

-----

ELIMINATED QUEEN CRITIQUE:

ilovetosing - ‘Anatanideawanakereba -Kasetsutouka’ & ‘Katsu’

COMMENTARY: These songs were nice, you know I love most of your songs. I liked your story too, though I feel like you bridged these two songs together more with your long explanation rather than through the actual songs. Pretty songs but unfortunately for me it falls apart a bit with the theme.

SCORE: 12 (4 + 8)

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!