This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 10: Results Show

Topic » Round 10: Results Show

14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
It's getting down to the wire, this week was very good but unfortunately it just came down to small details. You will all have 6 hours to send your votes after results are complete.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
Allison, Daniel, Kellen, Jen, Dustin, Ess and Anthony, you all had to battle it out in the arena tonight but unfortunately one of you didn't shine as much as the others...
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
The person that is going home tonight is...
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
Ranking 9/9 and going home in 9th place we have... Daniel with Hyperballad by Björk
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Ali:  I genuinely had no idea what she was saying half of the time because of how overpowering the instrumentals were, which is kinda ironic because Dev got eliminated for submitting a song that has overpowering instrumentals. But at least you tried to take a risk and I can appreciate that and your song actually fits the theme. Anyway, that risk could have easily landed you on the bottom of my ranking had the other two I have ranked lower didn’t miss the mark on the theme. (7/9)

Andrew: So this is definitely completely out of the box! I really really really tried to enjoy it because of how well this song fit the theme but my it was just really difficult. Very similar to the song that Dev went out on, I don’t enjoy songs where the instrumental is louder than the voice of the artist. It just makes it harder to concentrate on the lyrics or what’s going on. The song bothered me to be honest. (9/9)

Nano: It was risky and it was a very smart approach that you took with the issue you chose to portray with your song. I do have to say that I enjoyed her voice for the most part, but damn the violin didn't really favor the song when she was singing the chorus, as it felt way more powerful than her vocals as a whole and it was a bit difficult to even try understand what she was saying and to focus on the song. I feel like that's what you gotta be careful with when you pick a song like this, her voice carried, the instrumental unfortunately didn't for me and it just ruined the song as a whole as I wouldn’t go back listening to it. (9/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 8.3. This ranked you NINTH overall. Unfortunately, you have the worst average out of all the people in the arena, meaning you have been eliminated. It was lovely having you but your time here has come to an end.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
Congrats to the rest of you! Dustin has earned immunity since his partner has gone home.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
I'll now reveal the results from WORST to BEST.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 8th we have... Jen with Take My Place by Lily Allen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Ali: I dont if the issue itself is very “pressing” or feels modern. Miscarriage doesn’t really scream an issue to our youth. Heck, they probably don’t even want to get pregnant in the first place because they are too busy figuring out their lives. Besides that, the song was okay for me. It didn’t stand out as much as the other songs did in terms of message + vocals. Her voice didn’t cut deep into my heart and that was the main issue. Basically not sure if many “youth” can relate to this song, and even if they do, your song wasn’t a standout for me comparing it to other submissions. (8/9)

Andrew: I don’t have MUCH to say about this song. Her voice wasn’t really unique or special to me and there was never a moment that made the song memorable for me. It was a very similar issue I had with Ess, two rounds ago. I just don’t think anything was really accomplished in this song. (8/9)

Nano: It wasn’t bad, but in my opinion the rest of the submissions just were way better than this was. Her voice is alright, she definitely has better songs out there that show that, but this song didn’t do it much justice. I didn’t mind the instrumental that much but it was just a bit forgettable overall and at this point of the competition we were just looking for more. (8/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 8. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 7th we have... Kinny with When It Rains by Paramore

Ali: “so why can’t you stay long enough just to explain” Do you think if they had stopped for a second to explain, it would have changed anything? It’s very hard to stop feeling suicidal unless you get the right treatment, but even then, who knows… Your song is obviously good, but you know what I am going to say based on my ranking… comparing it to other songs, I happened to relate to them more or enjoyed them more. But you are still doing good and managed to understand the assignment, unlike some other people. (6/9)

Andrew: This song was good. Even though it’s ranked lower, I actually liked it a lot. This round just had a lot of strong submissions. It fit the theme really well and obviously it’s PARAMORE.. she sounded great. (7/9)

Nano: Lyrically speaking, it was one of the best, and I liked that even if it had sad vibes, the song itself also had kinda an upbeat tone at points since that's what she's able to do with her voice in most of her songs, but this song didn't favor her voice much to be honest, it was mediocre at best and I wish I could have just felt more emotion like she portrays in most of her songs. Looking at the submissons that also chose to treat with the suicide issue, it was the one that shined the least for me. Not a bad song, but it was most likely gonna be compared to the ones who went for the same approach, and it was just the most forgettable one due to her vocals. (7/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 6.6. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 6th we have... Allison with It's Ok by Nightbirde

Ali:  The song could have ended around 2.42, but anyway. There is not much of a story here, other than her telling she is okay and to be alright, which goes against what the theme is asking for. Like when the song finished I was like okay?? Not to mention the last part takes away from what the theme is all about when she starts singing about “it’s alright to be lost sometimes” and stuff. Like generally speaking, the song didn’t hit 100% the theme for me. I genuinely kid you not, I felt bored after 2.42 and I kept waiting for the song to end. (9/9)

Andrew: First of all, I just wanna say how well you responded to this theme. Your description made me really excited and the song did not disappoint. My favorite part of the song was the bridge! The showcasing of her vocals was just a serve. Sometimes it got a little repetitive but nonetheless I still thought it was good. (5/9)

Nano: I wish there was a studio version for this, the live kinda dragged it down for me but her voice is obviously delightful as I have heard this song before as it was a bit mainstream a few months ago, but I hadn't listened to it thaaat much for me to make me hate it so I didn't mind it at all listening to it again. Obviously cancer is a very painful issue that most people can relate to and I'm glad you chose this song to showcase it. Did I say how much I like her voice? I don't see this song doing bad for me, I do wish it had been richer in lyrics because it does get a bit repetitive, but the melody saved this song for the most part. (5/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 6.3. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 5th we have... Kellen with That Year by Brandi Carlile

Ali: You & Kinny submitted safe submissions this week. I wasn’t exactly thrilled with your submission, but I don’t mind it. There are not many of you left, so safe submissions will only land you in the middle of my ranking or near the bottom. I don’t even mind the song like I said, but comparing it to other submissions, they were better. (5/9)

Andrew: I loveeeeee her voice so much. It’s so beautiful and soothing. I can just sleep while listening to this song. I actually enjoyed this a lot. Her voice was very distinctive which just made me enjoy and appreciate the song even more. (4/9)

Nano: The song had a forgiving yet painful message at the same time and I liked the meaning of the lyrics. I just wish they were a bit longer because they felt short in comparison to the length of the song. The guitar playing was cute, just nothing out of this world that complemented the song well. The issue is her voice, it was fine to me but also a bit forgettable and not much of my taste, and sadly it all comes down to how the melody sounds, it kinda picks up near the end but I don't that much else to say, all the submissions were very strong so it was just hard to rank and I'll just depend on how I feel when I relisten to the songs. (6/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 4th we have... Ray with all the kids are depressed by Jeremy Zucker

Ali: Obviously the song fits the theme and the lyrics are very deep. I don’t have much to say other than you have been doing consistently good so keep it up. “I am not feeling all right, staying up till sunrise” omg this is me when I usually have insomnia and my anxiety keeps me up till 4am. Another week, another slay for you; In fact, my top 4 are the songs I enjoyed most so feel proud of that! (4/9).

Andrew: I love Jeremy Zucker! I listen to a bunch of his music. This song is obviously very catchy but it was very one-dimensional. Your past two submissions were great songs that just progressed well but this song was just… basic. It never went anywhere. Basic bop is cute but it’s not enough to earn a high ranking. It was good enough to keep you safe with me but I know you can do much better. (6/9)

Nano: I think the voice was good but it annoyed me at times, the song as a whole felt basic, at least compared to your previous submissions. Besides that, the lyrics were pretty good and mesh with the theme well. I don’t really have anything else to say about this submission other than the ones ranked above this just hit me harder. Good job either way. (4/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 4.6. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 3rd we have... Ess with Feel by FLETCHER

Ali: Obviously another stand out and I love how she incorporated the lyrics well with the instrumentals/melody. Indeed many people suffer from alcoholism and other addictions. What people usually don’t know is that addiction only manifests itself as a way to suppress certain feelings and Fletcher clearly expresses this in her song. Job well done! (2/9)

Andrew: Following in the steps of Kindred huh? This song was great! You honestly never expect an artist like Fletcher to sing like this based on her other songs but she delivered. I was obsessed with the end of the chorus when she says “feeeeel you.” The way her voice just PERFECTLY went with the melody of the song was beyond satisfying. Loved this song a lot! (3/9)

Nano: Damn this song snapped, well done! I really liked every second of it and how well it works with the theme. Her voice does go off in here, I only ranked it second because I related more to the submission ranked above it, but keep up the good work, this is what we want to see from you. (2/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 2.3. This ranked you THIRD overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
That leaves Anthony and Dustin!
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 2nd we have... Dustin with forever fifteen by Mothica

Ali: his would have easily slayed the “Tears run down” theme, but that’s okay because it did skay my ranking for this theme instead. I am glad she shared her story with us because so many people can relate to what she went through. I have nothing much else to say other than keep on doing good. (1/9)

Andrew: So I actually have a Mothica song saved that could’ve really fit this theme well too but I’m happy you went with this song because it's much better LMAO This is a song that just picks up so well as the song progresses. There’s so much build up to the chorus and she made sure that build up was WORTH IT. She somehow had me shaking my ass to a song about suicide? You slayed. (2/9)

Nano: I think indie definitely was the best approach for this theme for the most part, so I'm not mad you submitted this as it definitely was one of the best songs. The message was very sad yet the song was so delightful to listen to as you can feel the pain in her voice, but that also doesn't necessarily mean the song is just a slow ballad, it had a bad bitch vibe energy to it which makes you realize how strong the singer is now, but it also is still enough to put you in the feels knowing the meaning of the song. Definitely see this submission in the top 3. I vibed with other two submissions a little bit more, but it was another good week for you as usual. (3/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 2. This ranked you SECOND overall.
14 days 7 hours ago
Petro
In 1st and winning IMMUNITY we have... Anthony with Overdose by Tayler Buono

Ali: I was already in love with her voice when she started singing and when she sang “Nothing but a toxic cigar love” I was like damn… she CAN sing. And this is what I mean when I say I love it when singers can manipulate their voices and showcase more than just one range. I see the problem being toxic relationships and how hard it’s let go. She used overdose as a metaphor a toxic relationship can be and that’s one of the major problems of our youth, many are stuck in toxic relationships. (3/9)

Andrew: Okay remember when I said your ballad yesterday sucked and it was not memorable? You took that critique and RAN with it hun cause this song is everything I want in a ballad. The lyricism, the voice, the energy, EVERYTHING WAS BROUGHT. I got goosebumps in the last chorus, very memorable..! (1/9)

Nano: Damn, her voice blew me the fuck out of the water and it made me cry.... As I said to another submission, I wish it was the studio version instead but damn this song is just so relatable to and it's kinda difficult for me to even find something I dislike about it because I just like the tone of her voice, she definitely sounds like an angel and you can feel how much she's hurting when she's singing that chorus... like damn girl go off. Probably one of my faves this week. (1/9)

The three scores gave you an average of 1.6. This ranked you FIRST overall.

open group

XMC 7: The Guillotine

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!