This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S1] The Callbacks (Night 2)

Topic » [S1] The Callbacks (Night 2)

1395 days 21 hours ago
J4ckWilko
A non-live episode of the callbacks will be posted later today. You have been paired in the following pairs where your coach will decide who will be carrying on to - The Showdown.

At this stage there is no steals which means there is no turning back. No half hearted singing. You win or your out!

--
#TeamChris :
01. Sam Bailey (Tswiftlover13)
02. Tamela Mann (Neme91)
--
#TeamChris :
03. Lea Michele (Tommy123)
04. Jess Glynne (Tinkerbelll)
--
#TeamKat :
05. Jessie J (Tswiftlover13)
06. Boyce Avenue (Brandonh1)
--
#TeamJack :
07. Candice Glover (Moviemusicguy123)
08. Ali Caldwell (Brandonh1)
--

Wishing you the best of luck!
1395 days 15 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Good evening and welcome back to the callbacks. Last night we had 4 incredible callback pairings and tonight is like last night. 8 incredible artists vying for the win. Vying to get through but who will. Only 4 shall remain after tonight. Shall we see who they are?
1395 days 15 hours ago
J4ckWilko
First from #TeamChris, Sam Bailey

01. Sam Bailey "If I Were A Boy" (Tswiftlover13)

Comments:

Kat:
This is an amazing song choice Sam!! You really gave it your all and it really paid off, at first I didn't know if you could go as far as some of the others but each performance is proving that you can! Great Job!

Jack:
This has a really emotional and thought provoking meaning and the fact that you chose this song shows that you are willing to take risks and the risk really paid off. I think everything worked.

Chris:
*claps* You absolutely given it a great rendition, you have such a great control in your voice. You definitely stepped out to your comfort zone tonight.

--

02. Tamela Mann "Take Me To The King" (Neme91)

Comments:

Kat:
I love the uniqueness Tamela and there's is a place for you to truly shine, I'm not convinced Star Showdown is that place but I am enjoying listening to you and I hope Chris feels the same *sighs* you would definitely be a wildcard to send through and if I was Chris I would give this a hard think.

Jack:
I love a good gospel performance and I feel this was the right song to choose to go against Sam. You can do something she cant which is gospel. I loved the climax at the end. To be honest you won this but its all to perform for.

Chris:
*claps* This was like your audition where we gonna see the climax on the end. This definitely hit my soul listening to your voice and you've done a job well done.

---

Chris' decision: Another tough battle as you both done a great job tonight! I'll based it on who has the most performances, more likable from the judge, and I believe will made further in the game and she is... Sam Bailey!
1395 days 15 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Lets give both Tamela Mann and Sam Bailey a round of applause

*Claps*
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
First from #TeamChris, Lea Michele

03. Lea Michele "Louder" (Tommy123)
.be

Comments:

Kat:
Lea I'm afraid I found this a step down from your previous performance, it just felt like you could have given us a lot more. Overall you have a lovely voice but you didn't give us 100% in this.

Jack:
Lea from your audition I would have loved another performance like it but to be honest, I didn't like it because you didn't properly stay to who you were. I think the whole of the song also was very forced. I am just really disappointed from this performance.

Chris:
I'm not expecting this song choice would have prefer a slow pace song. You relayed so much on the back ups that taken away your performance. I'm not sold with this unfortunately.

--

04. Jess Glynne "Take Me Home" (Tinkerbelll)
.be

Comments:

Kat:
This was a sweet Performance, not the strongest I've seen and a step down from your audition, but you really did smash Lea out of the park, I liked this well done.

Jack:
This was so emotional and I loved it. I think you have a special energy to you and as you sing you seem to be doing effortless which is so good to see in an artist and this means you are enjoying it a load more. I am gonna be so happy if we see more from you.

Chris:
I love the song but it could have been better as it lacking more "push" through it. You have a beautiful voice but I'm just worried to your song choices though.

---

Chris' decision: I paired you both because you have an admirable voice. Unfortunately I need let go Lea Michele. This means you are through Jess Glynne to the next round. I am looking forward what are you more to offer, congrats!
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Lets give both Lea Michele and Jess Glynne a round of applause

*Claps*
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
First from #TeamKat, Jessie J

05. Jessie J "Killing Me Softly" (Tswiftlover13)

Comments:

Jack: *Standing Ovation* This is a very hard pairing because I could see both of you winning this song. You gave us a better performance from the auditions and you have listened to what i said which i enjoy to listen to. Good work!

Chris:
*Standing Ovation* To be honest I thought you'll go safe with your choice of song but you sing it all out and that's great. Once again you delivered a flawless performance to us and it's just soothing the hell of me.

Kat:
*Standing Ovation* Wow Jessie you brought it to the table definitely, the way you sing this song is so enticing and I felt like I could listen to it for hours. A great performance Jessie thank you for it!

--

06. Boyce Avenue "Hello" (Brandonh1)

Comments:

Jack:
We have had several Adele songs already this season and I feel that tonight, you sang it the best. You are a force to be reckoned with in this competition because you came out today, getting a song that is 1/4 just talking and made it into something spectacular.

Chris:
Ugh.. I hate this match up like come on, Kat. What u doin? Anyways, singing a girl's song is difficult so props to you. You all definitely sell a record with your voice and I'm gonna buy it.

Kat:
*Standing Ovation* This definitely is the hardest Callback this season and you proved why! Boyce you showed us how you kill a Performance and honestly you made this an impossible decision to make.

---

Kat's decision:  Alright I need a minute here. *Looks at Chris and Jack* Jesus how do I decide? You are both major powerhouses and could easily win this competition which is why whatever decision I make it will be an injustice. I have to go with my heart and my heart is telling me — *looks at Jessie* Jessie... I think you did better so the winner of this battle is Jessie J!!!
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Please give a huge amazing applause to possibly the best callback of this season.

*Claps*
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
First from #TeamJack, Candice Glover

07. Candice Glover "Straight Up" (Moviemusicguy123)

Comments:

Chris:
*claps* This is kinda risky but you brought an undiscovered gem and absolutely hit, my dear! I just love your voice, great runs, and happy to see you stepped out to your comfort zone. Very impressive!

Kat:
You definitely outsold yourself tonight Candice! You really showed some great vocals and the song fitted you nicely! Great job!

Jack:
I seriously love this song and this was so risky but I loved it! If you did this in X factor you would have made the finals. But back to Star Showdown, you have impressed me because this was not a song I expected from you but you came out and smashed it

--

08. Ali Caldwell "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" (Brandonh1)

Comments:

Chris:
*claps* Oh wow, I'm so thrilled that you also stepped out to your comfort zone. You definitely nailed it and as always your high register is just effortless. This is tough battle, good luck ladies!

Kat:
*Standing Ovation* That's what I call a PERFORMANCE!!! Ali you honestly killed it and I think you should win this battle, but jack is very unpredictable so we'll see 🤔

Jack:
OMG, wow. I have never ever saw this from you and I am just in AWE. This was perfect song choice for you, I never got bored. I just loved it. The backing also really suits your voice which I am stunned by.

---

Jack's decision: I had two performances that I have never heard on a talent show group game and I am gonna find it so hard to choose between the both of you because you stepped out your little bubbles and created a performance that shocked, surprised, amazed me but the person I am sending through tonight is... Ali Caldwell. Sorry Candice but I feel Ali blew you out the water tonight.
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
For the final time tonight, please give the last callback pairing of the night, Ali Caldwell and Candice Glover.

*Claps*
1395 days 14 hours ago
J4ckWilko
This concludes tonight's show. But before we end lets please welcome the winning act of each callback pairing:
Sam Bailey representing Team Chris...
Jess Glynne representing Team Chris...
Jessie J representing Team Kat...
Ali Caldwell representing Team Jack...

Who will be joining the 8 acts who have won their pairing and the 6 who was given the fast pass? Find out tomorrow where the final set of Callback pairings will compete to stay in the competition. But all i can say not is congratulations to those who made it and goodnight!
1395 days 13 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Thank you Chris for picking Sam!!!!!
& Thank you Kat for picking Jessie!!!!!
https://media.giphy.com/media/QZaOqI3JOYdnMTupXb/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/ll1HyDQoCdaofNYgX8/giphy.gif
1395 days 6 hours ago
chris2pei
aw Candice ☹️

grats to those who made it!

open group

Star Showdown 4 [Live Shows]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!