This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Topic » Rules

2326 days 4 hours ago
Novamax243
1. Bloodbath
At the start of the game, the 24 tributes will surround the cornucopia which is filled with weapons and supplies. This is a crucial part of the game as this is where you get your starting supplies from but it is also the most dangerous to stay around due to the large number of people around. One minute before the Games start I will post a google document that contains all the items, the quantity of them, and how long it takes to grab one. (Having this way will help me keep the current state of the cornucopia up to date). I will also post a copy of the items in the group in case someone can't open the google doc but I will not update that one.

Below are a list of actions you can do during the bloodbath.

Actions:
*Grabs (item name)* [Time depending on item]
When grabbing, make sure that the item hasn't been grabbed by another tribute before you. If so delete your comment and choose another item to grab. Remember you have a limit to the number of items you can grab, a max of 5 without a bag of some sort.

*Attacks (tribute name)* [1 minute]
You will attack the tribute with whatever items you have at the moment you attack. These attacks will count as instant kills if the tribute is inactive and did not send me instructions on what to do at the bloodbath beforehand. All battles will be conducted after the bloodbath ends, so after your minute is up, continue your actions.

*Flees*/*Runs* [Instant]
You leave the bloodbath and run into one of the neighboring areas. Once you flee you can't be attacked anymore but you cannot grab any more items. Please mail me the direction you run toward after you flee.

The action words don't need to be exact as long as I can understand what you're intending to do.
2326 days 3 hours ago
Novamax243
2. Fighting
This game will be based off actions that the tributes mail me. Tributes who engage in a fight will send their actions to me and I will determine the result of that portion of the altercation. After I determine what happens, the tributes will send me their next actions and the process repeats until the fighting ends by either a successful flee or the death of the opposing party.

Examples of actions could be:
"I shoot an arrow at John"
"I jump to the side and slash John with my sword"
"I run away from John"

As the host, I will try to be as impartial in my decisions as possible and have no bias towards one tribute or another. I will keep the results as fair as possible. Keep in mind that not all the actions you send will necessarily succeed, either from intervention by a tribute's actions or the action itself is impossible to complete.

An additional tip, try to make your actions as specific as possible so I have little room to misinterpret what you actually want to do. The examples above are ok but they lack details that I have to fill in by myself. I do not know where you are aiming until you tell me a specific part of the body, and I don't know which direction you flee in until you tell me. The more information I have the more likely your intended action will occur.
2326 days 3 hours ago
Novamax243
3. Map/Movement
The map will be a preplanned square 3x3 grid with the cornucopia being at the center. Each section will have its own unique factors and smaller parts to it as well. There will be many places that the tributes can interact with like foraging fruit or hiding in a cave. This is to create as large and realistic of a "world" as possible. Due to this, it is quite likely you won't be able to see all the other tributes in your area and will need to search around a bit to find others in a more rugged terrain.

When you want to move, you will need to mail me which cardinal or ordinal direction you want to travel. (North, West, Southeast, Etc.). Be careful since moving may bring the attraction of nearby tributes. Depending on your injuries, speed, and terrain, it might take different amounts of time to reach your destination.
2326 days 3 hours ago
Novamax243
4. Events
I will occasionally start an event that will influence the tributes still alive, or the arena itself. This could be mutts, volcanic eruptions, landslides, and anything else like that. The main purpose of these events will be to pick off inactives or to speed up the game if the tributes are too passive.

It is possible a feast might occur later in the game to gather the tributes around the cornucopia for needed items. If this event does occur I will explain the rules when it occurs.
2324 days 8 hours ago
Novamax243
5. Character Card/Stats
When you apply you will be given a character card with all the info that you will need in the game. I will try to keep these as updated as possible since they will be used to keep track of all the important things about a tribute, which will be beneficial to both myself and the tributes. At any moment a tribute may request to see their card and I will normally oblige. The only circumstance I won't give the card immediately is during a battle due to the constant changes the cards will be going through and the unrealisticness of knowing exactly how injured you are during an adrenaline rush. After a battle ceases I will show the survivors their respective cards.

On the cards themselves, there is a lot of information. Each in their own categories.

At the top there is basic identification information. There is gender, district number, the username of the tribute, and the character name. No real explanation needed here.

Below to the left, there are the statistics of the tribute. Showing Health (HP), Hunger (HG), and Thirst (TH). You want to keep these as high as possible since having low values in any of these categories could hinder your performance greatly. HP is lost by fighting, lingering injuries, or other conditions like harsh weather or starvation. Once your HP hits 0, you will die. HP can be restored by items like medkits or simply time. HG and TH will decrease naturally over time, 5 HG per hour and 10 TH per hour (Both during the game hours, so only between 2-6 EST). These stats can be restored by eating (HG) or drinking (TH).

To the right of the stats is the injury section. This will show the three most prominent injuries effecting you at the time. You should try to take care of these as soon as possible if you can, since having injuries hinders your ability to use the injured part of the body. I will also list the damage the injury is doing to you over time.

Below the stats and injuries is your inventory. These are the items your tribute is carrying on them at the time. Without a bag of some sort, you can only carry 5 items. The size of the item is not taken into account, as long as it can realistically be carried. You can increase your inventory size by grabbing or making a bag. The bags in the cornucopia at the bloodbath will have the number of items it can carry next to their name, although take note that the bag itself will take up one space. Makeshift bags are allowed to be created but they are unlikely to hold many items unless they are well crafted.

open group

Novamax243's 2nd Hunger Games

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!