This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Welcome!

Topic » Welcome!

2190 days 13 hours ago
bbbeth
Please state the following upon entering the group:

1. Your name:

2. Your ASL level (beginner, advanced, intermediate, fluent):

3. What got you into ASL:

4. If you know someone Deaf/Hard of Hearing:

5. What you hope to get out of this club:

6. Something interesting about you:

7. Your Skype:

*Note: If you are disrespectful towards other members, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, or Deaf culture you will be immediately banned from the group. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE*
2190 days 13 hours ago
bbbeth
1. Your name: bbbeth (Beth)

2. Your ASL level (beginner, advanced, intermediate, fluent): Advanced

3. What got you into ASL: I have a Deaf cousin so my mom and I took a class at the YWCA to learn ASL so my cousin would have someone to talk to at family reunions other than her dad and brother.

4. If you know someone Deaf/Hard of Hearing: My cousin Casey, plus some professors at my college

5. What you hope to get out of this club: I hope that everyone has fun, is respectful, and comes wanting to learn ASL if they don't already

6. Something interesting about you: I am currently going to school to become a Sign Language Interpreter.

7. Your Skype: bethhieb
2190 days 12 hours ago
OATTY3
Please state the following upon entering the group:

1. Your name: Matty

2. Your ASL level (beginner, advanced, intermediate, fluent): Beginner

3. What got you into ASL: My sister and her fiance decided to learn a little bit of ASL, my friend knows some, and I think it's so empowering to learn and it should be taught more universally for inclusion purposes

4. If you know someone Deaf/Hard of Hearing: Not personally

5. What you hope to get out of this club: I hope to become a little more away of ASL and learn some basics so if I were to run into someone who is hearing impaired, I could have minimal conversation or at least know some basics that would make them feel included and not alone

6. Something interesting about you: I am a Michigan State University Cheerleader

7. Your Skype: Oatty_3
2189 days 22 hours ago
Cookie_13
1. Your name: Cassie

2. Your ASL level (beginner, advanced, intermediate, fluent): fluent

3. What got you into ASL: My friend is deaf, but can't afford to go to school for deaf people. So, I learned sign language, and I can translate!

4. If you know someone Deaf/Hard of Hearing: Yes, My friend Katy and my toddler cousin, Stephie!

5. What you hope to get out of this club: To teach others ASL

6. Something interesting about you: I am an Instructor at a YMCA for ASL

7. Your Skype: none! But my email is: alexmommy31@gmail.con
2188 days 17 hours ago
ashszoke
1. Your name:
ashley artichoke
2. Your ASL level (beginner, advanced, intermediate, fluent):
between beginner and intermediate
3. What got you into ASL:
tbh switched at birth
4. If you know someone Deaf/Hard of Hearing:
no
5. What you hope to get out of this club:
just more signs because why not it’s useful in certain scenarios and i’ve always wanted to learn
6. Something interesting about you:
a lot of people think i’m mute upon meeting them so i wanna learn sign language fluently so i can go mute for an entire week and see if anyone notices
also instead of saying sorry and thank you i tend to do the signs instead and no one realizes
7. Your Skype:
ashszoke
2188 days 17 hours ago
rahrah
1. Your name: Riley

2. Your ASL level (beginner, advanced, intermediate, fluent): Beginner

3. What got you into ASL: Idk seems cool

4. If you know someone Deaf/Hard of Hearing: I have someone in a tut who is deaf but other then that nope.

5. What you hope to get out of this club: Friends

6. Something interesting about you: Im Australian but definetly not the typical australian that people think we are.

7. Your Skype: rahrah2598

open group

Beth's ASL Club

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!