This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S7] Auditions (Day 4)

Topic » [S7] Auditions (Day 4)

1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
It's Day 4 of the #Auditions and we are still on the search for a singing sensation!

In this first round, an act must audition in front of our panel of judges. Get 3 or more on side and the act makes it through to the next stage of the competition! The #SixChairChallenge

The judges have taken their seats, let the #Auditions continue!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
01. Jai Waetford "Different Worlds/Don't Let Me Go" (Neme91) #Boys

Tommy:
*claps*
That was really something special Jai! You're so young and you delivered an outstanding vocal. You have the likability factor and I am so interested to see how far you can really take it with this! Well done!

Aili James:
Okay I'll be darned. Your voice is so pure and innocent. And your own song was so good, you're a talented songwriter and a great vocalist. I really like your tone, it makes me emotional. I love it!

Drake:
I think you maybe one of the youngest contestants in X Factor history to audition for this show specifically. You’re voice is very beautiful and it has just the touch to get people emotionally connected without you really trying, however as a bit of advice I feel as though you could bring your energy level up a bit so even my cold heart can be warmed under the light of your voice if that makes sense. You have a lot of potential for being so young, and I honestly can’t wait to see what else you bring to this competition because I know that I’ll have an eye on you to go all the way.

Melinda:
This was such a cute audition! You had my head swaying with you, with every word you sang! It was such a cute song and you delivered it effortlessly! Nothing really else to say because it was just really good!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Drake: Congratulations Jai! We will be seeing a lot more of you!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
02. Rebecca Ferguson "A Change Is Gonna Come" (Neme91) #Overs

Tommy:
There were some really nice moments in that audition and in a way I think this one of the best auditions I have heard because it was 100% you, there was a connection and it was beautiful to see. I was immersed in this audition.

Aili James:
*throws shoes* Girl you had me fooled. Coming here dresses all poised and then singing this song so nasty! I loved it! You got some raw potential my girl.

Drake:
It sounds like you were holding back because you were nervous, which is understandable coming into a show like this and possibly winning it all. However I need you to shake those nerves off because your voice is so soulful and so powerful that if you are able to harness correctly you can move every judge on this panel including Chris. I feel you need to open up because I noticed your breathe was very shaky as well, and that’s a side effect of the nervousness. Overall your voice is very rich, but I see potential and I think if you loosen up you can do a lot in this competition

Melinda:
This was such a good soft song for your voice! I gave me a more of a soul feel which I LOVE! I can tell you have a lot of power in your voice and I'm so glad you didn't show it all in one go! You got my feet tapping to the song and I loved it and I see you going a long way girl!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Melinda: Honey, you're through to the next stage! Well done!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
03. Melissa Janssen "Man In The Mirror" (Neme91) #Girls

Tommy:
This was an okay effort, but for me it didn't really get past that, there was not enough umph and I believe that the backing vocals really made you suffer. In terms of the whole package, it was not the best in my honest opinion.

Aili James:
YAS MELISSA! I like how you had control over this song because singing this song requires a lot of control and this was done well. I enjoyed it a lot and excited to see whats to come. I just want to see you bring out some sass next time!

Drake:
I didn’t think it was possible to have a backing vocal ruin a performance that’s a cover at home but nope here we are with the backing vocals overpowering you very much. Also you were very low energy until part way into the song when you got into it finally. Like I want to say no to you so badly but my mind is seeing something in you that has potential to be a star, I don’t know what it is but as long as I feel potential I see a future for you. This performance was just so lackluster though, that I don’t know. It felt like you were singing the song like a karaoke and not trying to make it yours. Like I said I somehow see potential but I won’t be surprised if you get cut.

Melinda:
I was a little bit nervous at the start of this, that the backing singers were going to take over your voice, but towards the end.... Girl you nailed it! Honestly, I love your tone of voice and the way you sang this song girl you done yourself proud! I really enjoyed it and I hope the other judges see what I see in you!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: Well, you got them three on side, so we will be seeing you at the next stage! Well done!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
04. Carlie Puth "The Way I Am" (Mybash_) #Boys

Tommy:
This was a bit different, and I liked that! You gave us a little bit of electricity! Your vocals are good, and there is some real potential in you I feel. Best of luck!

Aili James:
Oh Charlie! Song choice is key and this song didn't do it for me, it didn't show off anything, just meh throughout. I really wish you chose a better song to sing.

Drake:
You whole body language seems like you were really tired when performing this, like I could see that you were trying to perform vocally, however your body language and energy level was telling me a different story on this performance. It sounds like you were straining your voice and it just didn’t sound pleasant. I wasn’t really impressed with this performance as nothing stood out either. You kinda just sung the song as it was, and it seemed like you just wanted to get this performance over with because you were not feeling it. Overall I’m not really impressed sorry Charlie it wasn’t there for me.

Melinda:
To me this was nothing special. I seen it before and I'll see it again. Your voice kind of felt flat to me. I'm trying to see a positive in this but I wasn't really wowed by anything. I felt like the music was taking over your voice and you wasn't singing loud enough for me to hear everything you say clearly. Maybe that's something you can work on.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Melinda - NO

Aili James: I'm sorry Charlie, but you won't be progressing any further this season.
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
05. Maren Morris "Rich" (Mybash_) #Girls

Tommy:
Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this audition. It wasn't great, but there were moments where I saw some real potential, some moments that I really enjoyed and I think that if you pull them out and really hone that in, you could be on to something great in this competition.

Aili James:
Okay this is a bad video because I can barely hear what you singing. And this song is such a bop by you. I can hear some parts I like and since I'm a sucker for country, I have  to give you a chance.

Drake:
So the backing band really had an effect on you because I could barely hear you over the band, but from the vocal performance I saw I could see potential in it. It seemed like you weren’t 100% into the song, and that you were more focused with entertaining a crowd than anything which is leaving me disappointed. I really want to give you a chance though because I don’t think we have anyone like you in this show before so you could be a unique choice to bring in the future rounds. Knowing the judges though I won’t be shocked if you don’t make it, because this performance isn’t really the best of terms in anything really.

Melinda:
I don't know if it was the quality of the audio / camera whatever but it wasn't really clear to me and sounded more noisy and loud then actual singing, which is a shame as I see you with a lot of potential. But then again I am only basing this audition on what my decision is.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Drake: Well done, you're off to the Six Chair Challenge!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
06. P!ATD "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" (Mybash_) #Groups

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
This was absolutely brilliant! It really delivered, it was both entertaining and vocally strong which is something that is often delivered at the expense of the other, but you have proved you can deliver both. Really strong audition and I'm excited about seeing you more moving forward.

Aili James:
Do you guys audition like every year? I admire the determination but the vocals just aren't that great to win me over. I see you guys have some moments but not enough to make me want to push you through to the next round other than the fact that you're 'different'.

Drake:
It seems like Brandon you might been a bit flat during the chorus but it doesn’t matter, I remember cutting you and your group during the six chair challenge because you did too much vocally and you didn’t really try to perform you just tried to impress. However this performance is a little bit better, as you tried to entertain but you still got into the song and you made a little comedy out of it. I am a little peeved that you are trying to focus more on the audience than giving us a performance but as far as auditions go, you guys are pretty solid in my book good job.

Melinda:
Ummmm..... Well. I guess some people like this type of music. But for me I wasn't feeling it at all. I didn't really like what was going on and I am not trying to be rude. But it sounds more like shouting to me then singing and I'd rather hear singing then shouting.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Melinda: I'm sorry guys, it's a no today.
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
07. Beyonce Knowels "Love On Top" (Mybash_) #Overs

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
That was an absolute killer performance and I have no other words other than to stand here and clap. You nailed that audition! Well done!

Aili James:
QUEEN! QUEEN! QUEEN! Thats all I need to say to you. I bow down. You have incredible vocals and this song was perfect for the audition! Hopefully you don't get Drake again because sending you home last season was tragic on his part. 

Drake:
I literally had this performance during the judge cuts last season, and like I said last season, this felt way too showy for me. As this is auditions I’ll be less strict when it comes down to deciding if you should make it. Overall this is a good audition piece as it shows your vocals, it shows your energy in the song, and it overall is a pretty solid audition. I think you should focus more on the performance and not the audience because here at X Factor it’s more about the performance aspect of this whole thing. But good job here Queen B hope to see you in the next round.

Melinda:
*stands and claps* Honestly, this was a really good performance, I felt everyone word you said, and girl you were going for it! I love the little things you can do with your voice which makes everything 100x better! Nothing anything bad I could say about this girl! Good job.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: Well done! We'll be seeing you again soon!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
08. Alisan Porter "Blue Bayou" (boozes) #Overs

Tommy:
*claps*
A really strong performance, I loved your tone and loved your stage presence, you knew how to hold your own. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have to offer moving forward to the next stage of the competition - It's exciting!

Aili James:
*standing ovation* Okay can I please have the overs. OH MY FUCK WAS THIS GOOD ALISAN! Absolutely incredible! I mean who sounds like that?! Definitely giving the overs a run for their money.

Drake:
Okay you started off rocky and I thought I was going to be bored throughout the whole performance, however you quickly proved me wrong like holy fuck you voice is honest to god amazing. Like you got into this song and you really snapped as you let the song take over your whole bayou. You were serving sexy and you were serving power and I was all in with this performance. Honestly this is how you perform an audition, I hope you can keep up the momentum in the future rounds because I would love to see more of you.

Melinda:
*stands and claps* GIRL! YOU KILLLEDDDDDDDDDDDDD IT! Honestly, I wasn't expecting that from you AT ALL! Your tone of voice is so unique I'm really glad you've came here to show your talents off! Whoever has the overs this year will be lucky to have you on their team! Fabulous work girl!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Aili James: You just slayed your way to the next round! Congrats!
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
09. Brynn Cartelli "Beneath Your Beautiful" (boozes) #Girls

Tommy:
This was good, but it was not vocally STRONG! You know, you really do have a good voice, but you're missing that spark! Something that makes me sit up and listen. For an audition good, but I want to see GREAT moving forward.

Aili James:
Another great girl! The girls category is so good this year and I really would love to work with y'all so let's hope random.org is nice to me :P. Fora 14 year old, your voice is really mature and sounds so clean, like you hit every note perfectly.

Drake:
There were moments in this performance that really sent chills down my spine as it was honestly so beautiful. Like your voice is really soft and quite pleasant to the ear, however it does need a bit fine tuning as I sensed your wavering energy in a lot of the notes. You have a lot of potential as a young singer, however that you need to let the song kinda embody you and let out that beautiful power you have. I’ve sensed it once or twice, and it really made me smile just need to let it out more.

Melinda:
This was a good first performance! I could tell you were a little nervous, but when you were ending the song, girl those notes got to me! You really shined towards the end and I'm glad you came out your shell in this song because girl you're beautiful! And you killed it!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Drake: You're off to the #SixChairChallenge !
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
10. Emblem3 "Sunset Blvd" (boozes) #Groups

Tommy:
That was really just cool and fresh! Really enjoyed that as an audition, it brought a breathe of fresh air to the competition and it's exciting!

Aili James:
Are you guys great singers? no. But do i see a lot of potential with you guys? YES. You boys have great energy and I could see y'all doing well. I enjoyed the performance.

Drake:
Honestly this wasn’t bad, and I kinda digged the whole vibe you guys brought with your original song. The shining star of this group it definitely Drew because you kinda hooked me into this performance and had the right energy and I was just bopping along to you guys. I see a lot of potential in your group since you guys rocked out and just had a really good time, sure you focused on the crowd and stuff but you still brought a good energy level that could be worked with in this show. Good job guys way to go!

Melinda:
I feel like if you're a group of 3 you should really let each other shine and I felt like only one of you did all the work and the other two were just there to be on the show? I didn't really understand what was going on half the time and I didn't really like it either.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Melinda: You're through to the next stage! *claps*
1955 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
That's all we have time for tonight, but join us tomorrow for our PENULTIMATE set of #Auditions - who else will gain a spot on the seventh season of The X Factor?

Goodnight!
1954 days 22 hours ago
Mybash_
Idk why Charlie and PATD didn’t get the chance but it’s fine. Maren wil won I just need better videos

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!