This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S6] Auditions (Day 1)

Topic » [S6] Auditions (Day 1)

1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
Good evening and welcome to the SEASON SIX of The X Factor! *cheers*

That's right, we are back and we are back with a bang with what promises to be a season full of talent and fun!

Returning after a 1 year hiatus, let's welcome your judges!

Tommy and Aili James!
*Tommy and Aili walk out of the car smiling and waving at the crowds*

Drake and Nehemiah!
*Both shake hands with potential hopefuls*

We are here where it all begins, with one single audition in front of our seasoned pros. Each artist will audition for their place in the next stage of the competition.

Each judge will deliver their verdict, a YES or NO. Three or Four YES votes will send the act straight through to the next stage of the competition.

The judges have taken their seats, let the first day of auditions begin!
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
01. Ada Vox "Creep" (Ajathekween) #Boys

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
This is 100% why I decided to reboot this music group, it's because people like you! That was an incredible vocal and a great performance! You held your presence on stage and you really showed us what you have to offer if you move on in this competition. Well done!

Aili James:
*standing ovation* I am speechless. That was truly mesmerising. I felt every word. Truly someone to keep an eye out for in this competition.

Drake:
I feel like your pacing in the song was a choice I might not have agreed on, but like that doesn’t matter because I adored the range you showed in the song. You had low notes and you had those really high notes that I enjoyed so much. I wish you sang more for this audition because I didn’t want it to stop, however you checked a lot of the boxes that I look for in an audition. Next time try not to pause during certain phrases of the song since it deep seem a bit choppy, though I did enjoy you making the song your own.

Nehemiah:
The reason I like this performance actually Ada is that it's different but you own the different and you make it work. I like your voice, it's not as extradorinary but you make it extraordinary. Just don't over due trying to show off cause it can hurt you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Congratulations Ada, you're heading straight through to the next round! *smiles*
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
02. Zhavia Ward "Location" (Ajathekween) #Girls

Tommy:
Zhavia, well done! At first, I wasn't completely sure, but I feel like you offer a little bit of variety, you're different and you have a lovely tone to your voice. I think it would be really interesting to see what you have to offer if you make it through to the next round.

Aili James:
* STANDING OVATION AND SINGS ALONG * OMG ZHAVIA! The level of artistry you have is amazing. Your voice is so unique and different. I loved everything about this performance. Wish there was a golden buzzer to send you straight to the finale! I absoluutely adore you!

Drake:
Oh my god I was hoping you would audition for a competition like this because I absolutely loved you on The Four. My biased opinion aside, this was a very strong performance by you as you have such a unique voice, you were able to make the song your own, and you had the confidence to take control of the crowd, and just be yourself on stage. X Factor really needs someone like you to take the stage and win this, and I hope you make it past a lot of rounds because you have my pick to win so far.

Nehemiah:
Is your voice nice? Yes but there was something severally missing from this performance. I see nothing special personally from your voice that could carry you throughout this competition. Honest opinion.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: Well done, we will be seeing you again very soon! *claps*
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
03. Sharaya J "Cops Shot the Kid" (Ajathekween) #Overs

Tommy:
Sharaya, that was good in terms of performance, but as a package I wasn't completely sold. I like that you offer something different - I am really on the fence with this one. I think what I need is to see you again to make a decision.

Aili James:
We need rappers like you! We need rappers like you! You bring the sass and entertainment we need. I'm not even a rap fan but you won me over.

Drake:
So if I’m being honest, I didn’t enjoy this performance. It felt more like you were trying to entertain than actually trying to sing. I get you’re trying to be different by being a rapper, and I’m not marking you down on that, but at a lot of points in the song you seemed to be running out of breathe from dancing and moving around. I could also barely understand what you were saying as your diction on the words didn’t really translate well. Not my favorite performance, and I feel like this wasn’t a strong performance then it could have been I’m sorry

Nehemiah:
The flow you just provided was something so powerful because It was very obvious that every word you spit you meant. That emotion put into rap is what makes rap good not the mumble rap on the radio today. People need to hear more of you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Drake: Well, I am out voted and you are through to the next round! Well done!
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
04. Beatz "Problem" (Ajathekween) #Groups

Tommy:
*claps*
Girls, I am a fn of that audition! You really performed and the vocals were really good. Sometimes it is difficult to get to know individuals in a group, but I feel like your individuality really shone through just now and I'd love to see more of you moving forward.

Aili James:
* dances along * Yes girls get it!!! Y'all aren't the best vocalists ever but there's that raw potential i like.

Drake:
Okay so… this wasn’t great but it wasn’t bad either. If I’m being blunt, the vocals didn’t impress as much as I’d like them to for an Ariana Grande song. The beginning girl sounded very nasally in her vocals and didn’t sound pleasant, while the next girl was flat on the high note, which visible made me cringe. I do see potential though, and that’s what auditions are for, finding potential in artists that could be successful in the future so I’m going to give you a chance.

Nehemiah:
I really hate this performance, I'm sorry but this was just horrendous. This was not a song for any of your voices. You all tried to basically match Ariana Grande and none of your voices were near that. Then the rap was legit you trying to copy Iggy on how she did it. There was literally zero originality from this. ZERO

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Nehemiah: Well done ladies, with 3 yes votes you are through to the next stage of the competition.
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
05. Sheena McHugh "Sex Is On Fire" (melindaMrskk) #Girls

Tommy:
Sheena, that was really good! I felt like you totally transformed that song and still kept the same grit that I think it needs. Your have a great range and you have incredible conviction in your voice. I'm excited to see more from you! Good luck!

Aili James:
Firstly, you are absolutely gorgeous. And that tone of yours is out of this world. I'm in awe. Sheena, where you been hiding girl?

Drake:
In the first few minutes I was amazed with how much control you have on your voice, I feel as though your diction seems a bit iffy, however that doesn’t really matter because I really enjoyed this. As your voice is very soft, very controlled, and very pleasant to listen to. I’m smiling throughout the performance as it’s just so beautiful, and I really have no negative critique minus the diction issues towards the beginning. Honestly really good job Sheena.

Nehemiah:
This is not an easy song to sing and you made it into your own. This was a very powerful performance in my opinion to give a first impression of someone. I was very intrigued by the entire thing and want to see more.

Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: That's FOUR Yes' you're through to the next stage of the competition! Well done!
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
06. Cimorelli "O Holy Night" (melindaMrskk) #Groups

Tommy:
Nothing like a bit of Christmas in November to get you in the mood. In honestly, I'm torn - I think it was good, but it either lacked something or it was too much, it felt really forced in terms of an audition and at this stage I really want to see the rawness in your talent.

Aili James:
I don't know how I feel about you guys. Like some parts, didn't like some.

Drake:
As a acapella group I always get excited since I’ve been waiting for a group like that to replace the Nor’easterners back in Season 3. I think this song matches a majority of you girls’ voices, however I think maybe one or two fo you were slightly flat on the notes. It doesn’t matter though because your voices blend together very well, and the harmonization was beautiful. The range on some of you girls matches the ranges on the other girls. The thing I hate is it’s too early for Christmas songs so stop it! Kidding but really good job girls.

Nehemiah:
The way you girls sing or use equipment or whatever y'all use it's not appealing to me. I don't like it and I felt that made this song underwhelming to me.

Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Aili James: I'm really sorry ladies, but you have not made it to the next stage.
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
07. Smackdownisblue "Uptown Funk" (smackdownisblue) #Boys

http://soundcloud.com/user-565852616-289262127/uptown-funk

Tommy:
Complete respect for a real audition, really respect that. This said, although I believe you have a lot of potential, I think in this audition you lacked the confidence and the conviction needed to progress, maybe you needed to be more familiar with the words. It just felt very hap-hazzard, but as I said I really respect you.

Aili James:
There is some potential but I just don't think you're ready yet

Drake:
Okay so… It’s a very ballsy move to audition as yourself in a competition like this. We’ve had two people do it so far with varying results. One really good and one didn’t make it past auditions. Unfortunately I feel like your voice didn’t really go well or the song didn’t really allow you to actually sing? If that make sense, no offense but you sound like you were smoking twelve packs of cigarettes a day before singing this. I think you need a little bit more training in your vocals before taking on a singing competition like this one.

Nehemiah:
We always encourage people to perform as themselves and this was a very nice um surprise. It did seem unfortunately you did not know the lyrics. Also kept loosing your breath. Control those and you can be good

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Drake: Really brave, but unfortunately it's a no this time.
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
08. Sofia Karlberg "I Got You" (smackdownisblue) #Girls

Tommy:
It was a simple audition, but sometimes simple is what is needed to show you off. I liked it, I think you have a really great underlying tone, and you seem completely confident in your performance which is great to see.

Aili James:
I GOT YOUUUUUU, I GOT YOU SOFIA! One of my fave Bebe Rexhas songs. This was done so wonderfully, loved it throughout. I feel as much as Pop is good with you, you have a good voice for country.

Drake:
Even though this is a live performance I could still sense the backing tracks, and if you see me judging in previous X Factor seasons, I absolutely hate backing vocals/autotune to make an artists voice better in a live performance, however I will cut you some slack since this is auditions. Besides I really enjoyed this performance, it was very soft and pleasant to listen to, and your falsetto was very amazing. I feel like next time I want to hear a song that would challenge you vocally because I think you could dominate it, but overall a very solid audition

Nehemiah:
I always love listening to reimagined versions of songs we constantly here. This was a very nice rendition of the song Sofia. Your voice Is very soft and pretty and mellow one that I feel would make this season a beaut.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Four big YES' well done we will see you again soon!
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
09. Shinedown "Second Chance" (smackdownisblue) #Groups

Tommy:
As much as I thought I wasn't going to like this, I actually did! You put on a great show and I felt like you really sold this audition with a country rock tone that I really have enjoyed. It'll be interesting to see how you get on if you move forward.

Aili James:
I didn't think I was going to like it but boy did y'all prove me wrong. I started nodding my head to this song, good job!

Drake:
I really thought I was listening to Nickleback for a second which is a compliment coming from me since I actually like Nickelback. I don’t get the whole meme about Nickelback because their music is good. Back to you guy, I really enjoyed this performance vocally, and you found connection between each other, while also finding the right song that matches all of your abilities. I would really like to see how you would make a song like this like yours instead of just a “karaoke cover” as I like to say it since I saw a bit of it during the song. I think X Factor needs a more rockish group and I think you guys might be it.

Nehemiah:
I love rock and I love hearing different genres test their luck out on this series. I have to say this was a very good performance because not only was I engaged via the music but you my man singed the hell out of this song and I want to hear more.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Way to go! You're through to the next stage of the competition!
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
10. Jordan Smith "Set Fire To The Rain" (ghrocky100) #Boys

Tommy:
*stand and claps*
Jordan, WOW! I really really enjoyed that! At first, I thought what is he doing taking on this song, but my oh my - you delivered and THEN SOME! You made the song your own, I saw your confidence grow throughout the song and I honestly feel that you could really deliver some knockout performances moving forward. Great job!

Aili James:
* standing ovation * Um, yeah, um, what?! OMG THAT WAS SO GOOD! I don't what else to say but damn boy, you better sang! Those vocal pipes, I wish I had those.

Drake:
Okay Jordan I waiting for you to show your vocals and those high notes that I know you can do from watching you on The Voice, however this performance left me a bit disappointed as you stayed in that meh range for a song by Adele. Your high notes really wowed me, however I wanted to hear more from you vocally as this just didn’t impress me. I’m giving you chance since I know the potential you have, however I suggest stepping up in future rounds or you won’t make the live shows.

Nehemiah:
I like your voice but the falsetto is something you do not need to use. Yes it's unique but without it you still sound good.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: Well done! You're off to the next stage! *claps*
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
11. Raon Lee "Unravel" (ghrocky100) #Girls

Tommy:
Roan, that went somewhere I didn't expect it to and actually, I really enjoyed it. You were able to show off so much in one audition which is what it is all about - your time to show us what you're about. I don't know about the other judges, but I would love to see more from you.

Aili James:
Your voice sounds very different. But it's a different that I'm not a fan of. Maybe its the language bearer,

Drake:
I’m not a big fan of this performance by you, first you had autotune and backing vocals that kinda covered your raw voice, which I didn’t enjoy. Plus I feel as though the song was a bad song for you vocally, I feel as though a different song could help you as you have a beautiful voice. Don’t think I’m nagging on your because you are singing a foreign song, because I’m not, I just feel as there could be other foreign songs that could show of your vocals better and make you not having you rely on editing. Since this performance didn’t impress me

Nehemiah:
I always love listening to different styles of music because that is what it is music. You have a really nice voice and I think you showcased it nice. Song choice could've been better but I do like it.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Drake: I'm really sorry, but it's a no today. Thank you.
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
12. Brendon Urie "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" (ghrocky100) #Overs

Tommy:
You know, I don't think it was an amazing audition, but you showed some good vocal capability. I also really appreciated the rawness of the audition, nothing felt forced and I really like that. I have a good gut instinct about you. Prove me right!

Aili James:
You're a good singer, there's no doubt of it. Just this performance didn't connect to me. But based on your potential,

Drake:
A few flat notes at the beginning, however you were able get back on the right key quickly which is a good think. You’re runs and vibrato are very beautiful. However you did get flat during the chorus with the “woah” you were a half-step down from the actually note. I’m just picking at minor things because I felt this was a very solid audition, and your falsetto is very pretty when you get very soft in your voice sounds like you’re singing a lullaby. I hope you keep these performances up because I do really enjoy them. I will warn you though not to push your voice too far because I did hear an accidental crack in there. Good control somewhat but definitely need to work on things. (I’m also a bit triggered you didn’t audition as Panic for the groups instead of this choice but that won’t influence my judging)

Nehemiah:
Favorite performance hands down of the night. You Brendon have such an elegant wise voice that's just a beauty to listen to. I want more, you singed and now I want more. That's what makes a good performer is delivering and leaving people wanting more.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Brendon, you're off to the Six Chair Challenge! Well done! *claps*
1984 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
Well there you have it, twelve acts have performed and that's the end of the first episode of what is already set to be a fantastic season!

Let's give it up for all acts that have performed today! And for your four judges!

Tommy, Aili James, Drake and Nehemiah!

*claps*

Join us tomorrow where another 12 acts audition for their place on the sixth season of The X Factor!

*cheers*
1984 days 7 hours ago
Jameslu
Congrats to the acts who made it to the next round!
Those that didn't make it, please do come back next season!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!