This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S6] Auditions (Day 2)

Topic » [S6] Auditions (Day 2)

1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
Good evening and welcome to the second episode of The X Factor!

It's once again time for contestants to face the music as the auditions continue!

Standing between them and a chance to win this whole season are our four judges!

Tommy and Aili James!

Drake and Nehemiah!

*cheers*

The judges have taken their seats, let's see who is first to audition...
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
01. Mayday Parade "12 through 15" (ghrocky100) #Groups

Tommy:
Guys, I think that although this wasn't perfect by a long shot - there is something really intriguing about you and something that really strikes me as live show worthy. You're different, you convey emotion and I think with the right mentoring and direction you could be a group to be feared of. Interesting!

Aili James:
* Sheds a tear * There's something about you guys that just touched my heart. Those words. They meant a lot. And you conveyed that really well. I like you guys a lot.

Drake:
You sound very flat during a lot of the beginning notes, as well as the beginning harmonizations seemed a bit off. However when you got to the chorus you fixed it majorly and it sounded pretty good. There’s a subtle softness in you group’s voices that you don’t often hear from groups. I think you need to fix some the pitches, as well the volume level between all of you since when you started singing different words one person overpowered the other quite a bit. I see potential in you guys since you have a nice sound, and I want to hear you again to see if you guys some of the issues I spotted.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Congratulations guys, you're through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
02. Red Velvet "One of These Nights" (rodrigueseve) #Groups

Tommy:
I found this a little bit lucklaster and really corny. I think you ave some good vocal ability, but as a package it wasn't something that sold very well. Maybe it's the wrong song choice, but I was not sold. Sorry.

Aili James:
I'm sorry but you girls I just didn't connect with y'all. I feel like you girls were holding back.

Drake:
You’re harmonies and unison is very beautiful, and like I really enjoyed this performance. Each and every one of you shined through in this performance individually and as a group as well. I didn’t know what I was listening to, but it didn’t matter because it was just so beautiful. I really enjoyed this, and I love the diversity this singing is bringing from auditions. I cannot wait to see you guys in the future rounds hopefully, since I really enjoyed this performance.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: I'm really sorry, it's the end of the road for now.
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
03. Zek "Ashes" (rodrigueseve) #Boys

Tommy:
I liked this, I liked the build to the chorus and I liked that you didn't overdo it in this initial audition. You look great, and although I think you might get lost in the crowd some strong song selection will really show you off and probably even get you to them live shows!

Aili James:
You have a really nice voice. It's very deep. I want to see you singing a Sam Smith or John Legend cover. Maybe even a country song. There's a lot of potential in you.

Drake:
I sense some autotune in your voice from programming, so I will caution you about that since like I said before I hate when artists use it. It sounds like you don’t need autotune anyways since I think your voice is quite beautiful, and I like the way you took this song and made it match your voice. I would suggest using your falsetto a lot more since it sounds really good and your falsetto can be giant tool to push ahead of a lot of the competitors here. However this is a nice cover and I think your voice is so raw and powerful that I what to see more without it edited in programming or whatever you use.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Drake: Well done, you're off to the next round!
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
04. Faouzia "This Mountain" (rodrigueseve) #Girls

Tommy:
*claps*
Faouzia! I really loved this! You gave attitude and I felt like you really fought for your place in this competition. I honestly think that this audition may have been one of my favourites to date. You had good control, you had great tones of lightness and darkness. Great audition!

Aili James:
Your voice is so different, it's like you angry when you sing and I LIKE IT! You got better throughout the performance. I have a song suggestion for you, Bring Me To Life by Evanescence would suit your voice perfectly.

Drake:
Damn these runs you have are really amazing, you started off slow however like the song your singing you were climbing up a mountain with your vocals and it just kept getting better and better, and you showed you control over a lot of the notes. I also loved the energy you have when you started building and your energy levels built up as well, I just loved everything about your choices in this performance. One thing I will advise you on though is be careful around those high notes because it sounded like you screamed some of them instead of singing them.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Well done we will be seeing you again soon! *claps*
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
05. Adam Lambert "What Do You Want From Me" (rodrigueseve) #Overs

Tommy:
Adam, I really love your tone and your delivery of notes. It's really great to hear. I'm not going to sit here and say it was 100% perfect, but I think that you could be on your way to perfect within this competition. Great power! Well done!

Aili James:
WHATAYA WANT FROM ME ADAM? A YES? WELL YOU GOT IT!!! This was a cool audition. I liked it a lot, you have a rock side to you that I dig so much.

Drake:
The first notes of a phrases were like really pitchy in my opinion, I think maybe you might be a little off key since a lot of notes seemed pitchy. If fact I didn’t really enjoy this performance because of it. It sounded like you were straining your voice during the chorus and the pre-chorus, I really don’t know. It wasn’t a pleasurable sound in my opinion that’s all I can say, I know what you can do and I’m not really impressed with this performance I’m really sorry.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - NO

Tommy: Woah, I'm really sorry Adam, but you have not made it to the next round! Please come back next season!
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
06. Isaiah Firebrace "Hello" (ryan5676) #Boys

Tommy:
Okay so at first you were not hitting them Adele notes, but once I realised that that was not what you were doing, I got it! You were delivering emotion and I got it! I loved it! You had some bum notes, some great notes, but then you forgot your lyrics! As a whole, that's not great, but overall I was impressed with what you were offering. You changed the song and I do want to hear you again.

Aili James:
* standing ovation * The boys better watch out for you!!1 YOU BETTER SANG BOY! That voice was unexpected. I liked how you sung this, Adele would be proud.

Drake:
Be careful of the runs, some of them weren’t necessary in the song, however I really enjoyed you making the song your own since I’ve heard multiple covers of this song, and I would say this is one of the better ones I have heard. You have a beautiful voice, and you definitely know how to make a song your own. It just seemed so effortless on how well you did it, and I know nerves stopped you from completing the song since you forgot the words, but it doesn’t matter from what I heard it was beautiful, way to go Isaiah.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: Way to go, you're moving on to the next stage!
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
07. Maëlle Pistoia "Toi et Moi" (ryan5676) #Girls

Tommy:
Although you had a good vocal, I was quite detached from the audition. There was just something missing for me and I couldn't put my finger on it. It did not transpire into what I believe a great audition as a whole to be.

Aili James:
I don't know what you were singing but it seemed like it came from the heart. But I don't want to give you false hope over the english singers, because I don't see you making it further than Bootcamp with foreign song choices.

Drake:
It seemed a bit screamy when you got to the higher notes, I can tell you have a beautiful voice, however you need to work on your vocals a bit. There’s a softness and rawness in your voice that most people don’t have, and I think you choose the right song for your voice just nothing amazed me. I really do see potential though because if I were listening to you naturally and not for judging I would get lost in your voice. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hopefully you get to really show off that voice.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Drake: I'm really sorry, but you have not made it through.
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
08. Sam Bailey "Listen" (ryan5676) #Overs

Tommy:
Sam... Woah! I really felt that audition! I felt the emotion and you delivered girl! It was not note perfect throughout, but for a version like that and that deliverance... I have goosebumps! A great great audition!

Aili James:
* standing ovation in tears * I'm speechless, that was something special Sam. Just get to the lives already!

Drake:
You literally sent chills down my back when you started really getting into the song, I could tell nerves choked you up a bit towards the beginning but you eventually got in your zone and you absolutely dominated the song. You’re voice is powerful and I feel as though this has been one of the best auditions I have heard yet. You literally blew me away with your vocals, your control, and your ability to make your song you own. I can’t wait to see you in the future, and you really want me to be the mentor for the Overs again.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Well done you're off to the next round! *claps*
1983 days 21 hours ago
Kgamer2218
#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Fix your mistake boy
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
****** FOR SAM BAILEY
#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

-----
09. Pale Waves "Kiss" (ryan5676) #Groups

Tommy:
I think that when something different comes a long and it is done good, you have to welcome that and you know, I love bringing in a variety for this show - it's what makes it enjoyable and I want to see more of you already! I think it would be interesting to see where you would go moving forward!

Aili James:
Rock, rock and more rock! Y'all a breathe of fresh air and I'm excited to see what y'all gonna do as y'all progress along the show. This was a good audition. Your voice has a sense of vulnerability to it, although just work on some of your pronunciation of words. Otherwise great job.

Drake:
I have to be complete honest, I didn’t enjoy this audition, it just didn’t sound pleasant to me. I could barely understand what you were saying, all I know is that it was english words being sung which I guess is something? It sounded very tired, and it just wasn’t pleasant for me to listen to. I’m sorry I don’t even have any advice on how to improve it it’s just bad in my opinion. Like one of those wannabe garage bands.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Congratulations! We will see you again!
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
Kgamer2218
#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Fix your mistake boy

I DID IT *cries*
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
10. Jfla "Titanium + Alone" (Kgamer2218) #Girls

Tommy:
This was really good! I loved the dance element to it, and you sounded great! I really want to see more from you, you could be a great contender for this show!

Aili James:
There's something about you my girl, that feels like you a vocal powerhouse. I want to see you sing a even more powerful song at bootcamp.

Drake:
Careful of the high notes, you sounded very screamy on them, however I did enjoy this cover. I see you tried to make it your own, but I just couldn’t see it truly be your own if you know what I mean? I still felt like this was a karaoke version of the song, but it was a really good karaoke version of the song so I’m not exactly mad at it. I think your voice in unique, and I’m interested to see what you could deliver in future rounds, this was a solid audition. I hope to see you improve in the future rounds but this is good for an audition.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Aili James: Well done girl, we will see you at the six-chair challenge!
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
11. Little Mix (Kgamer2218) #Groups

Tommy:
I think as far as groups go, you girls got it! You make me excited to actually want the groups (fingers crossed). A great vocal and great version of that song, I thought you really delivered a killer performance there. Well done!

Aili James:
OMG, OMG, OMG! *Throws shoes* Dang girls! This cover was done technically and vocally so well. I loved every bit of it. Y'all really came together and slayed! Keep this up.  Jesy, you were the strongest voice here.

Drake:
I can definitely feel your connection between all four of your, however am I impressed with this performance? Not really. There was enough that made me smile, and enjoy the performance but there was a lot room for improvement. I loved the part where you all came together and harmonized together, all four of you, that was my favorite part, however I feel the energy wasn’t there for a powerful like this. Just because it’s a slow song doesn’t mean you can’t give it all with your energy levels. The performance sounded a bit tired and boring, and I know you girls can do better. I see potential in you, but I’ll be keeping a close eye on you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Drake: Girls, we will be seeing more of you! Well done!
1983 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
12. Jake Bugg "Two Fingers" (1001games) #Boys

Tommy:
I'm not sure, I can't tell if I didn't like it or I actually loved it. There was something really thought provoking about your delivery and I really loved your tone. Sometimes this talk-sing thing really bugs me, but with you, it completely works and compliments your style of song. I've decided, I loved it!

Aili James:
Your voice has an acquired taste. For me, it's not my taste. I just find it a bit annoying. The words of the song were good though.

Drake:
I really didn’t like how your voice sounds, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt to improve their performance however it just sounded very nasally. It didn’t sound pleasant and I just didn’t enjoy it at all. Like you sounded decent during the chorus, but like I’m sorry it wasn’t able to be recovered. I can’t really say anything else about this performance, I’m truly sorry.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: I'm really sorry Jake - it's the end of the road for this season.

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!