This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Topic » RULES

2079 days 20 hours ago
papalouiesfansfan
12 people will arrive to a place that no one resides in. For the next while, they will be building up their community by working as a new town.

Here's how the game works:

The game starts with an election. Anyone who has any interest in running as mayor may choose to run in the election. A player may run for election as much as they'd like, but no person may officially claim the position of mayor for more than two terms (a term is the equivalent of a cycle), whether it be consecutive or non-consecutive. When all the remaining players have been elected to two terms in the office, random.org will be named the new mayor. The person with the highest number of votes will be elected mayor. They must then mail me who their second-in-command will be. I always ask second-in-command the same questions that I ask the mayor. This way, in the case where the mayor doesn't respond, the second-in-command's response will be the official response. I will not reveal the identity of the second-in-command unless the second-in-command had to make an official decision.

DAY 1:
The election begins with people announcing their run for mayor. Anyone interested in running must say so within the next five minutes. After those five minutes, the election begins.

DAY 2:
The results of the election are announced. The mayor may also choose if the laws applied by the previous mayor should still be put into use. In addition, I will open up a shop containing several items. Each player has received $1,000 to use for the whole season. If you're interested in buying an item, message me your bid. The highest price gets the item. In the event of a tie, no one gets the item. Also, you don't have to pay for the item unless you won it. After the events of Day 2, the mayor will also be required to pass a new law. However, if they wish to, they can pass a second law as well.

DAY 3:
I will announce the law or laws that have been passed. In addition, we will partake in a reward challenge. Rewards may include, but aren't limited to, food, water, an advantage in the game, etc.

DAY 4:
The immunity challenge will take place. All immunity challenges are individual and the only person that won't compete is the mayor. The winner of the immunity challenge is safe and may not be put up for execution. The person who places last in the immunity challenge will automatically be one of the two people put up. In the case where last place is a tie, I will let random.org make the decision. After Day 4's events are done, the mayor must then message me the second person to be put up.

DAY 5:
The name of the second person up for execution will be revealed. All players except for both up for execution as well as the mayor will then have until Day 6 to name who they want executed: one of the two already up for execution, or the mayor. The mayor will not be executed unless he receives 80% of the vote. Unless the votes to execute the mayor reach a minimum of 80%, any votes cast for the mayor will be nullified. In the case of a tie, there will be revote, with the opportunity for players to change up their votes. If a second tie occurs, the mayor will be safe and make the decision on who will be executed. As a bonus, I will send a poll for all of you to fill out.

NEXT CYCLE, DAY 1:
The live results of the execution will take place. The person voted off will be executed. Refer back up to Day 1 for the rest of the events and continue from there.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

FOOD AND WATER:
All players start off with 50 food and 50 water. However, they lose 5 food and 5 water every day. A player may have a maximum of 100 food and 100 water. If a player reaches 10 food or 10 water, they will pass out and not be allowed to participate in challenges, elections, or voting in executions unless they feed themselves food.

CONFESSIONALS:
Players must send confessionals at least once every three days to update me on how their game is going. Anybody who doesn't will lose an additional 5 food and 5 water.

MAYOR'S FOOD AND WATER:
The mayor will mostly be safe for the cycle. They won't lose any food or water (assuming they're active), and they don't have to worry about the immunity challenge. The mayor may partake in the reward challenge if he wishes, as this may boost his approval rating, which may give him a better chance of getting elected for another term. However, if the mayor fails to make an official decision and I must make the second-in-command give me an official decision, the mayor will lose 10 food and 10 water.

LAWS:
Again, the mayor must make a new law during their term, but they may create a second law if they wish so. While the mayor has the highest power in the game, I can choose to veto a law if I think it is absolutely stupid (ex. of a law I will veto: All players can eat and drink this week except for this person). Stupid laws will not be tolerated whatsoever.

ELIMINATIONS:
As mentioned, whichever of the two people gets the most votes (or the mayor if they have 80%+ of the total vote) will be executed from the game.

A player may also be eliminated if their food OR water reaches 0. That means if a person has 100 food but 0 water, they're eliminated because they don't have any water.

If one of the two nominees for elimination die during the week, the mayor will name someone to take their place. If the mayor dies during the week due to inactivity, the second-in-command will take their place for the rest of the week unless that player was mayor for two terms. If that's the case, we will start the week over with an election.

If there are any rules that will be added later in the game, I will post them here. If you have any questions on ANY rules that I either didn't mention or didn't make clear, please mail me and I will post the question and answer here.
2077 days 16 hours ago
papalouiesfansfan
Max asked in his application about the whole food/water thing.

How do you get food/water, is it only from winning the reward comps or being mayor?

There are two main ways to get food and water:
1. The shop will almost always have food and/or water, so there's an opportunity for you to buy it.
2. The reward in the reward comps is often food and water.

Keep in mind that these reward comps may be individual, so I may just be generous and say "I'll give you this much food and water to add to the stash for you all to split."

The mayor doesn't get any extra food or water as a result of being elected. However, if you're mayor, you won't lose food or water unless you don't take part in your required events.

I hope that answers your question, Max.
2077 days 12 hours ago
papalouiesfansfan
Gamo brought up a really good question during his app.

What limit is there on the laws and can certain of the rules change because of laws?

Each term, the mayor is REQUIRED to create one new law. However, if they wish to do a second one in the hopes of improving their game, they can most definitely do so. If that same mayor were to get re-elected for the following term, they'd need to create a new law for that term as well.

As for rule changes, the rules are staying constant. If someone tries creating a law that breaks a rule, such as "We don't do immunity challenges, but rather polls to see who wins immunity", I'm vetoing it because it breaks the rules. The rules come first, and then the laws. Even so, there will eventually be a point in the game where certain rules and laws will have to go because we'll not have enough players for the rule to apply properly.

Hopefully I answered your question there. If I didn't, shoot out a mail to me and I'll try to clarify more.

open group

True Citizens (Original Gameshow)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!