This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Söngur fyrir Ísland | Semi-Finals | ESCT 40

Topic » Söngur fyrir Ísland |..

1152 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
ORIGINAL POST: https://esctengaged.freeforums.net/thread/1060/ngur-fyrir-sland-semi-finals

Welcome to a new edition of

https://i.imgur.com/IosWrz7.gif

On 25 February, RÚV confirmed Iceland's participation at the 40th edition of ESCT. RÚV opened applications for the upcoming national final immediately following the latest Söngur fyrir Ísland Final. 75 entries were submitted to RÚV. A panel of expert juries narrowed down the 75 songs submitted to 10 lucky finalists that will compete for the chance to represent Iceland at ESCT. This year's competition featured a new rule implemented by head of delegation, Elísabet Ormslev: at least 50% of the finalists chosen must have songs performed in Icelandic.

"The new minimum level of linguistic diversity will hopefully increase the quality of the selection, and make it so that people across Iceland are more likely to resonate with more of the songs", Ormslev said.

On 26 February, Icelandic head of delegation revealed the 10 artists that were selected to compete in Söngur fyrir Ísland:

Banglist
Cell7
Draumfarir
GDRN
Hatari
Logi Pedro
MIMRA
Regína Ósk
Sigrún Stella
Tómas Welding & ELVA

https://i.imgur.com/iG8kipI.gif

The songs were individually revealed to the public via press releases on Tengaged.com.

The 10 finalists will be allocated between two semi-finals consisting of five songs. The top two songs from each semi-final will advance to the final. Additionally, a wildcard act will be chosen as the fifth finalist.

Details regarding the semi-finals will be posted shortly.
1152 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
SEMI-FINAL ONE

You must reward 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 points to the five competing songs. The top two songs will advance to the final.

01: Banglist - "Turn the Lights Down"

02: Sigrún Stella - "Let It Burn"

03: Logi Pedro - "Mann setur hljóðan"

1152 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
04: GDRN - "Lætur mig" (ft. Floni & ra:tio)

05: Regína Ósk - "Fædd til að dansa"

1152 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
SEMI-FINAL TWO

You must reward 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 points to the five competing songs. The top two songs will advance to the final.

01: Draumfarir - "Ást við fyrstu Seen"

02: Cell7 - "City Lights"

03: MIMRA - "Vindurinn"

1152 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
04: Tómas Welding & ELVA - "Lifeline"

05: Hatari - "Klámstrákur"

1152 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
Good luck to all semi-finalists! :)
1152 days ago
ryan5676
Czech Republic has Voted!
1151 days 9 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Estonia has voted.
Well done Icelandia!
1149 days 19 hours ago
Alexito
🇭🇺 Hungary has voted in both Semifinals, good luck <3
1146 days 2 hours ago
chris2pei
UK has voted, gl!
1142 days 23 hours ago
RakkyESCT
ISRAEL Has Voted !!!

Good preselection ICELAND , there are very good songs and I have my favorites! I hope they go to the Grand Final !!
1140 days 23 hours ago
Patrick319
A big thank you to the 18 countries that voted in the semi-finals!

Germany
Czech Republic
Finland
Serbia
Estonia
Ukraine
Hungary
Croatia
Georgia
France
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Monaco
Belarus
United Kingdom
Montenegro
San Marino
Israel
Albania

I am about to reveal the two acts in each semi-final that will automatically advance to the final.

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!