This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINALE - CONTESTANT 1 - CARLY JAY

Topic » FINALE - CONTESTANT 1 - CARLY..

2950 days 22 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Starting off the night, with the song she did in Hollywood Week, here's... Carly Jay!

You may remember her performing this song in Hollywood Week!
http://www.tengaged.com/group/7869/forum/topic/16891379
2950 days 22 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
-claps heavily in seat-
This was great.
It had its very rough pitchy moments when you got too into the song and were dancing and jumping around, but overall it was a strong vocal,
And the high notes at the end were.... So slay.
I almost wanted to get out of my seat and jump around, but... It was rough at times, because it's such a rocky song,
And I remember now after looking back, this was a standout performance at the start,
But it's finale now, and I expect your other performances to be much stronger, not that this wasn't strong,
But this was strong in the way of the genre change and high notes.
I expect your other 2 to be stronger In a completely different way.
Overall, great job.
8/10
2950 days 22 hours ago
xRAIN_shooter
I'm surprised you used this for your performance of the season.

There are many more iconic moments from you that I would've selected if I were you but I am not you so I have no say here.

You do give decent upbeat performances but where you really shine is your huge ballad-type songs that you tackle. I hope to see more of that side of you tonight because this was just ok for me.

7/10.
2950 days 21 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Wow I'm sorry but I honestly do not understand how you all judge lol one minute you want upbeat, next you want ballad, next you want rock, next you want pop. Like honestly I don't get what it is you all want lol. This performance everyone loved and raved about and constantly all season referenced when saying I need to not be "cookie cutter." It's literally the exact same performance and now I'm getting 8's and 7's? I mean I get its the finals and all but you have to take into consideration that we are not literally singing these songs. These are performances already done and we post them to fit the theme. If I would have posted all ballads I would have gotten flack for it too, so it is what it is but I hope next season all of you really take into consideration what you say from week to week during your judging. Sorry for the rant lol love you all but seriously this is crazy haha
2950 days 21 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
I PERSONALLY think it's good you're doing upbeat performances, and I believe if your vocals were a bit more polished in this song, you could've gotten a 10 from me, well I don't believe it, I know it. This performance just had some strains in your vocals and pitch issues. Bonnie can speak for herself on her criticism, but my issue with this was that, yes it was great for Hollywood week, but you have had better vocal perffrosmncds, and this deserved 8's and 7's VOCALLY.
Genre wise, I think it's great you did upbeat rockier performances. Bonnie probably already said something on this while I was typing, but I think she just thinks you had many iconic ballad performances, and he was more shocked than critical that you used this.
But, I'm glad you did something rockier than usual.
It just wasn't perfect vocally.
2950 days 21 hours ago
xRAIN_shooter
Not every performance is worth a 9 or a 10. This was clearly not worth either.

The whole season I've never once called you cookie cutter and you can go back and read my comments every week. It's never happened. This was just not an up to par performance.

Let's not complain anymore I don't feel like being mean Bonnie to our potential winner.
2950 days 21 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Probable winner.
2950 days 21 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Like I said I love you all just was a lot confused. Thanks for clearing that up!
2950 days 18 hours ago
Illdi
I'm glad that you gave such a different performance, this song was the reason I fell in love with you. That being said, your vocals seemed to be lacking as if the song was just completely out of your range but damn, you more then made up for it with your stage prescence, you lit up that stage and you gave a damn performance. I really wish you showed more of this in the competition because I loved it. I am wondering why you chose this when it really isn't representative of your run in the competition but it was still good.
8/10
2950 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
23/30

open group

AMERICAN IDOL - Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!