This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TOP 8 - CONTESTANT 7 - CARLY JAY

Topic » TOP 8 - CONTESTANT 7 - CARLY..

2977 days 7 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#MovieWeek
Trying to slay the polls again... Here's Carly Jay!
2977 days 7 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
-claps-
You complete these challenges WITH NO FLAWS. You have a performance for everything I swear. It's like you had it planned out.
You're by far the most consistent. While some people may find that boring and predictable, I see it as true artistry. You're a true artist. It's really amazing what you are. You're one of the best vocalists of the competition and definitely the one to beat.
Onto the performances, this was just what I said, consistent country and almost perfect... Vocally. I, although just said your consistency makes you you, I do want to see risks being taken by you. So although I could definitely argue this a 10.
I'll give you an 8 because this was very similar to last week in the sense it's a very upbeat classic country song and isn't really pushing yourself.
8/10
2977 days 6 hours ago
Illdi
What really confuses me in regards to you is that as soon as you said you don't want to be a cookie cutter country artist, you've become one. Your first few performances with the rock influences were what made you stand out for me. I wasn't interested at all with this performance, it's consistency works against you as when you're going with high-tempo music, having be the same the whole way through means it lacks any sort of development. I don't know if this is just a rough spot or if you've given all that you can because your vocals are on point as always, but your artisty needs a bit of work.

6/10
2977 days 5 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Listen I appreciate the comments each week, but I refuse to use any other singer just because I can. I aim to pick performances that work for each of these themes. Not every performance is stellar as I don't feel the need to pick Celine Dion one minute and then Tori Kelly the next. I've been Carrie since the start of this competition and I will continue to be until there is a theme I simply can't perform as Carrie. At that point I will just walk away from the competition. I do this to challenge myself as a game player. I don't like taking the easy way out just to get high scores. So while I understand the judgements, I will continue to perform Carrie Underwood performances that fit each week's theme.
2977 days 5 hours ago
Illdi
I never said you had to stop using Carrie, whatever though, it's your choice. It's not like the judges are here to help you or anything.
2977 days 5 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
I don't want you to use anyone else. I love Carrie, and I really would be nothing but happy to see you win as her.
I don't want you to do anything else.
You're amazing!
2977 days 1 hour ago
Dolphinz811
I'd just like to add in, like Carly, Ellie, you told me to change my artist but once more, like Carly, I'm going to try to stick with Haley performances that fit each theme.
2976 days 23 hours ago
carlyjordan14
I wasn't trying to be rude. Just stating how I feel. I've been very respectful thought this entire competition and never say anything. However, I feel it was time to say how I felt. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
2976 days 8 hours ago
xRAIN_shooter
I like that you are able to fit multiple themes without changing your artistry too much.

I don't think you are cookie cutter country at all however you are somewhat predictable which isn't a bad thing but it may end up hurting you as we get closer to the end. Especially since now the judges have some direct influence over the polls.

8/10
2976 days 8 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
22/30

open group

AMERICAN IDOL - Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!