This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Prologue:Now Hiring

Topic » Prologue:Now Hiring

141 days 6 hours ago
flamergamer8
(Los Angeles, California. Home of Edward Montoya)

The front door swings open. After a quick flip of the light switch, a warm light swarms the natural darkness of the living room. Eddie enters his house and takes off his jacket. He hangs it up on a rack next to the front door before taking a seat on the couch.

He feels the phone in his pocket buzz and he takes it out, reading the text message from his uncle out loud.

“Mandatory team meeting. Tomorrow morning at 6 A.M. Do not be late!” Eddie reads aloud with a sigh. He liked working with his uncle, and he knew his mom felt better with Eddie watching out for him, but this training routine was brutal.

“Ugh…” Eddie groans out as he stands up. He may as well get ready for bed now. It was looking like tomorrow was going to be another long day.

Eddie sets his phone on the coffee table and he makes his way towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. After a short detour to grab a fresh change of clothes and a warm, clean towel, Eddie walks into his bathroom.

At first, he doesn't catch it. As he stares into the mirror, running his hand over his patchy dark beard, Eddie's suspicious slowly grows as he notices his reflection in the mirror doesn't follow his movements.

Whatever was staring back at him, wasn't moving at all.

“What the hell…?” Eddie mutters. Was it the lack of sleep? Was he working too much? Eddie slowly moved from side to side as he watched his reflection. It's eyes moved along with Eddie, as if watching him. It's face however, didn't move. It stayed frozen while it's eyes followed Eddie's every move.

“Ok…maybe I should give Charlie a call. This is pretty weird.” Eddie finally says, having had enough of whatever kind of hallucination this was. But as he turned to leave, he could feel hands grip onto his shoulders.

Eddie let out a yell as he felt the creature begin to drag him into the mirror. Caught off guard and already pretty tired, Eddie does his best to hold onto the sink with both of his hands in a desperate attempt to break from it's grasp. However, he is overpowered in a matter of seconds. In the blink of an eye, Eddie is pulled into the mirror, and is gone without a trace.
141 days 6 hours ago
flamergamer8
(Realm Chasers HQ, the Next Morning)

“Dammit Edward, if I have to send Dalton over again to drag your hungover ass here, there WILL be consequences. Do you understand me?” Charles says before ending the voicemail recording. He slams his fist against the desk before getting up. He makes his way into the conference room, where the others were already waiting for him.

“Dalton, Austin. Go get Edward. He's late again…” Charles says while he straightens his dress shirt. When he's satisfied, he clasps his hands together on the desk and he looks across the room while he watches the two exit the room.

“I'm sure by now you have heard the rumors. And I'm here to tell you that what you're hearing is true. A.L.I.E.N have been pleased with what we've done in the last 2 years, and have decided to fund us. That includes upgrades to the facility, and it also means we're expanding. None of your jobs are at risk. This is being done because of the recent spike of activity we've seen.” Charles begins, wanting to immediately halt any talks of anyone being fired, “In the coming week, our new recruits will arrive. Once their orientation is complete, I will no longer join you in the field. Starting now, Sarah will be the lead…”

Whispers and murmurs fill the room. As obsessive as Charles was when it came to hunting, it was a bit weird to hear out loud, but for most it was a bit of a relief.

“Don't mistake this for anything that it's not. I'm still here, and everything still runs through me. I don't want to hear anything about this later. You'll know what I want you to know. Tomorrow the new recruits arrive. Be prepared to train them. Take today off, meeting adjourned…” Charles gets out of his chair and exits the room, not wanting to wait for the others to exit.

open group

The Realm Chasers (COMING SOON)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!