This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[Season 3] Week 1 : Runway

Topic » [Season 3] Week 1 : Runway

1722 days 14 hours ago
Talian
Ladies! Welcome back to the werkroom. One of you is about to get the chop. So that’s why I’m not laughing. Shit is about to get real, while hitting the fan. A 10th queen is about to join us . So be prepared.

This week you’ve been asked to cast a spell on your castmates. Some of them definitely worked, some just caused a little shade.

Later on the runway category is : Werk, Witch.

As usual, here to present is crown queen and skinny legend Twinkies!

https://i.imgur.com/o4noTZg.gif

Aishah Ali : https://imgur.com/a/sJcrq3e
Coco Puff : https://imgur.com/gallery/X0rmi7R
Mustard Monroe : https://imgur.com/a/oqTZrTF
Pussy O’Plenty : https://imgur.com/a/GC4NMRL
Bo Deysious : https://m.imgur.com/a/JZkeNvX
Trixie Newage : https://imgur.com/a/1lzDU2i
Dame Shady T. Bagg : https://imgur.com/a/NSgk8hN
Broadway Belle : https://ibb.co/6BFgzFc
Annady Juno : https://imgur.com/gallery/GYkcLSA
1721 days 13 hours ago
Talian
TALIAN’S COMMENTS

Aishah Ali : Your main challenge was good. I am a die hard HP fan, so I know every single spell and some of them (like Lumos or Alohomora) didn’t really fit in the place you put them. But overall you did what you were asked. Next time, maybe try and be more original. Like, just a little hint at HP (one spell maximum) could haven benefit you. But like that it puts your original work to the background. Your look is lovely. It is 100% you and I love that. I love the blue glove and the skulls gown. But it doesn’t scream “witch” to me.

Coco Puff : Coco, my dear. I am so sorry but this was not your week. The runway is very good. Probably the skirt is not my fav, but from the top and up you are flawless, loving the cane as well. BUT that challenge really wasn’t it. Like, rhymes weren’t there the whole time and I don’t get what you were going for. What consequences would your spell have? I can’t tell.

Mustard Monroe : I liked your spell. Like, it was a lot to get thru but I got the message : you having the crown and making the other bitches drown. Some of the rhymes were kinda of a scratch and the flow wasn’t really there but overall a good week for you. Your runway. Guuuuuurl. I loved it. I don’t get the race change but other than that I love it. Wig is on point.

Pussy O’Plenty : Your challenge was interesting. Like it started somewhere and then it kinda went nowhere. And then you gave suggestions to your fellow queens. It was funny and well put together, but not really what you were asked for. Your runway got me gooped. At first I saw you from behind and though “is this bitch for real?” Then you turned around and I lost it. I wish you could see me snapping because you made me believe again. The face and wig was everything. Probably the dress wasn’t the most impressive (even tho I love the drape around your hips) but you SOLD IT!

Bo Deysious : Your spell was very nice. The flow was there and overall a very funny concept (loved the choreography as well) but were you really casting a spell on the other girls to be as good as you? The assignment was to defeat them. But I guess mama wants a fair game so I respect that. Your runway was cute. It is totally you which I 1000% praise and admire. But I would love you to draw a little out of the lines. We know you have amazing taste and polish. But can you give us concept as well? With that being said. That’s why you were a mentor. Both your works were professional. And I would be afraid if I were in those other bitches’ shoes.

Trixie Newage : First of all, loved your runway. I feel it was very conceptual and well executed and I can finally see back on track. Just one suggestion : we want more! Bigger! Your challenge. It didn’t give me anything. It was very generic and couldn’t really follow thru. This a drag competition. I want you to snap at me. So just do it!

Dame Shady T. Bagg : At first I couldn’t believe you actually went with that nonsense. Like, is that bitch for real? But then the translation came and I got blown away! Like seriously the spell was fun af. It flowed and was just too funny. I couldn’t help but smiling. Amazing job. Your runway was amazing as well. I love this newfound fashion sense in you. And I can’t wait to see more from you. So just keep going because you are slaying me.

Broadway Belle : Yaas bitch! Like I didn’t expect that at all. The spell was amazing (even tho I am pretty sure “less hotter” is wrong). Like we’re was that all this time? I am not saying this because you acted it (even tho it was a great bonus) but because it was so good. You made lots of mini spells against the other queens and now I’m so in love! Great job. Your runway was cute but I wanted to see it a little more closer since from far away it didn’t really have a shape and maybe a close up could have helped you. But other than that, loving the naive witch fantasy.

Annady Juno : Bitch. That spell was EVERYTHING! It was all I asked for this week. It was funny and clever. And totally relevant to the assignment. You really werked, witch. I want you to keep this path. Your runway was also to die for. I love the witch so caught up on voodoo she becomes a living voodoo doll. The makeup effect is stunning.
1721 days 13 hours ago
Talian
NICKY’S COMMENTS

Trixie Newage : It rhymed, fine, but even then i felt as if some of the words and phrases were added in there just to make it rhyme which also meant that some of it started to make not much sense. Its great that you filmed it but quite honestly, i think i think it in my head with better timing on the rhymes then you did in your vid!

Broadway Belle : I liked this, and definitely in this case, the video added to your spell, your timing was good and it had a slightly comical element to it to, which reminds me of just about every fairy tale or animated witch in history, they're a little strange and funny, a couple of your sentence ending words weren't an exact match and i could hear that but you did a decent job.

Coco Puff : I just. didn't. get. it. It seemed to be about 3, 4, 100 things at once and actually the way it was posted, with the gifs in between actually really hurt the flow for me and when they're removed, it's very short and the rhymes felt a little forced. It's not bad, it's just very sporadic and careless.

Annady Juno : it's funny because, you even added a line regarding things rhyming and yet, some of your lines still didn't. I liked the bibidi addition as it's instantly recognised as magic cos that's a famous sequence but still, as the verse went on the rhymes got less impactful and ended kinda flat.

Pussy O’Plenty : I CACKLED LIKE HELL- to make the whole thing drag central and then focus on tucks is so funny. I was also crying at the opening and then i think you kept the pace up well. there was one time non-rhyme in there but overall it flowed very well and it really showed off how funny you can be which bodes well. Good job.

Aishah Ali : I liked this one alot, it was funny, the rhymes were great but most of all, the constant magical references were so good. You used a lot of famous references in there that just made this sound more spell like. Youre a good balance of comedy and fashion and it will be interesting to see how that balance shines through going forward.
1721 days 12 hours ago
Gamerden13
PLAI'S CRITIQUES

Bo Deysicous

Look:
Bo... Bo... Bo... You really bigged yourself up in the Skype chat. That naturally means high expectations, but in my opinion... This absolutely hits the nail right on the head! Everything about this outfit is 100% right and I can't even say anything to help improve it, this is a perfect look! Keep up the great work!

Challenge:
THIS HAS 24 LINES IN IT! DISQUALIFIED!

Okay I kid, but this was actually a pretty good rap if you ask me, but I didn't entirely get 'spell' from it is the only real problem I have with it.

Annady Juno

Look:
I think this is a pretty good look, the mug is really cool looking and the dress is a really good one too. However, I feel like this is 2 aesthetics fused together. I get a Haitian voodoo style from the face and then a Victorian style from the dress. It's not bad, I just personally feel that you could have fused the two styles better.

Challenge:
Now this, I actually get spell from and it flows really nicely. And yes Annady, everything had to rhyme, it's a part of the challenge.

Pussy O'Plenty

Look:
This one is... Weird. And not entirely in a good way. Once again, an amazing face which is let down with a decent, but forgettable outfit. I personally would have gone with a crazy witch aesthetic with tattered clothes to tie it into the face. If you make it to next week I want you to think "Does this outfit fit with this mug?" and I guarantee, you will go far.

Challenge:
Another really good effort on the challenge, as it actually read like a spell and it all rhymed really well too. However I'll have to dock you because it was too long. (The max was 20 lines and I counted 24).

Aishah Ali

Look:
Ummm... This look is... Definitely something. I can definitely see where you're coming from with the whole using fetuses as the outfit and once again, the form is amazing. But I'm let down with the accessories again. I don't really get why you chose to do the blue glove when your body is green and I have no idea of what that hair is supposed to be. The little witch hat was neat touch however.

Challenge:
I personally think this verse is okay. Not really groundbreaking but still quite good. I do like the fairy tale kind of structure to it in a way but it didn't entirely scream spell to me.

Dame Shady T. Bagg

Look:
Another amazing look I have little to no problems with! I can clearly read it as a spellcaster/witch and all of the accessories, colours and the mug all match to make everything work well together as a look. It's a lot simpler than the other looks, but sometimes, simple is best.

Challenge:
Now this is a true spell! I really love the added detail of the spell in a different language but it would be useless if the English version didn't hold up. This, however, held up fantastically!

Mustard Monroe

Look:
After your pretty good week 0 runway, I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed by this look. I do like the colour of the hair and the mug is a good one too, however, the outfit doesn't really do anything to match it. The hair gives me 'good witch' where's the outfit is giving me evil/sexy witch. If you had gone with a bit of a brighter coloured outfit or a darker coloured hair and mug, it would have fit way better. However, based on Talian's critique, I'm probably the minority.

Challenge:
I have mixed feelings about this spell. It feels more like a couple of reads as opposed to a genuine spell and you did go over the line limit by one (I'm counting you saying the names as lines). However, they were pretty good on their own, but they just didn't entirely fit the challenge.
1721 days 12 hours ago
Talian
Silence! I’ve made my decision. If I call your name please step forward...

Aishah Ali
Annady Juno
Broadway Belle

You...
are SAFE.

You might leave the stage now.
1721 days 12 hours ago
Talian
Now on to...

Bo Deysious
Dame Shady T. Bagg
Pussy O’Plenty

You...
are the TOPS of the week.

Which means...

Mustard Monroe
Trixie Newage
Coco Puff

You represents the BOTTOMS of the week.

I will come back at you in a moment.
1721 days 12 hours ago
Talian
Bo Deysious...

You are...
SAFE.

1721 days 12 hours ago
Talian
Dame Shady, you made us believe in magic once again.

Pussy, we gagged on you so bad you now need an outfit change unless you like that stink.

Dame Shady T. Bagg...
Condragulations. You are the WINNER of this week’s challenge. You received a life supply of white live bunnies.

Pussy O’Plenty...

You are SAFE.

You both might leave the stage now.
1721 days 12 hours ago
Talian
Now on with the bottom queens.

Mustard Monroe...
You are SAFE.

Which means...

Coco Puff
Trixie Newage

Your spell didn’t work and came back to bite you in the ass.

You now have 24 hours to submit a lipsync to :

1720 days 12 hours ago
Talian
Thank you ladies. I made my decision.

Trixie Newage...
Shantay. You stay.

But get your act together girl. I don’t want to hear any more excuses nor about your friend Rigga Morris.

You may leave the stage.

Coco Puff.

It just wasn’t your time. Thank you for everything and it breaks my heart to say once again sashay away.

open group

👑 Talian’s Drag Race All Winners

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!