This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TRV:E5 Topic 2

Topic » TRV:E5 Topic 2

2993 days 11 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Recently it was announced that Avatar will have four upcoming sequels. Given the success of the original movie, do you think this is a smart move on James Cameron’s part or will the hype eventually wear off and be a waste of time and money?
2993 days 11 hours ago
Snowgirl57
One sequel. Good idea. 2 sequels? OK. FOUR IS OVERKILL. Look I'm excited for the Disney Park and I would watch a sequel. But the movie is like 7 years old now. By 2023 something bigger and better will come out. Also WHY ARE YOU PLANNING FOR 2023 NOW? In 7 years you might hate this whole idea.
2993 days ago
Kaseyhope101
I think it's a great idea honestly.
Star Wars has 7 movies and is still releasing hits.
People will still watch Avatar sequels, trust me.
It won't just start flopping.
I hated the first one, but in my opinion it's a strategic, great idea.
2992 days 22 hours ago
Snowgirl57
It could an amazing idea! Star Wars proved itself over time.
It's more the fact they are planning 7 years ahead. A lot of times the first movie is amazing and the sequels are bad. Make one and if it's good make 3 more
2992 days 13 hours ago
Jacob_C
i never watched avatar but regardless, i appreciate it as a commercial success. But its been 7 years since the first film, and the sequels will take a while to produce, so at best we are looking at a 10 year gap betweenn the original and the sequels, and this makes them more of a reboot than anything. One movie might have been okay but as Snow said 4 is overkill.

Not all good things can be recreated, and unfortunately more often than not, the sequels dont do justice to the franchise
2992 days 11 hours ago
carlyjordan14
I agree, I mean how can anyone be able to say these next sequels will even be good? The odds are I and many others simply won't care 7 years from now.
2992 days 11 hours ago
imprincearthur
Many people don't speak about James Cameron's  Avatar since it's release I mean even though it got more money at the box office versing Titanic but still to this day more Titanic dvds and vhs movies are being bought during the years following avatars release.  4 sequels won't go far with this series.  And even 4 sequels to a movie that is not  a book adaption like the Harry Potter and Narnia series did is a little much.
2990 days 16 hours ago
carlyjordan14
CLOSED

open group

EMPTY GROUP #4 - CJ14

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!