This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL | Mindanao

Topic » FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL |..

1426 days 13 hours ago
AmandaBynes
Firstly, congratulations to all 3 of you making it to the end, well played!

I have one question, addressed to all three of you.

As I was the first member of the jury and was voted out before the fun started, I want to know, did I fall into any of your game plans moving forward from the merge onwards?
1426 days 13 hours ago
obscurity
@Jay

That's an interesting question. Honestly, I kinda touched on this a bit in my speech but what was interesting for us is that we literally never went to any premerge tribals. You were by far the person I talked to the most during the premerge, and I think we got along well enough, but it was unfortunate that we never got the chance to build actual trust by going through a TC together.

That being said, I came into the merge considering you my closest ally, and my ideal scenario was certainly not you getting voted out with 2 votes at the merge. So yeah I would absolutely say you fell into my game plan moving forward, the problem is that my "game plan" made a complete 180 after your boot. My thinking and my strategy completely changed after your boot so, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, I really may have to thank you for your untimely exit because I do think that your boot from the game lit a fire under my ass to get my shit together. It already feels like a long time ago, but I think you probably remember that I was not as helpful as I could have been for you that round. I truly do feel like my rebirth in this game happened after that vote and a lot the lessons I learned kinda propelled me to where I am now.

Long story short, yes you were definitely in my game plan but I was able to adjust completely to you getting idoled out and I think I did that successfully.
1426 days 11 hours ago
Oswald19
-JAY-
Firstly, congratulations to all 3 of you making it to the end, well played!
As I was the first member of the jury and was voted out before the fun started, I want to know, did I fall into any of your game plans moving forward from the merge onwards?

-OZZY-
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
Right before you were voted off, like minutes before, I remember you sent me a message on Skype where you accused me of flipping with Tyler against you. I don't know if you heard this from a particular person or you were just lying to me to get me to talk but I honestly had no plans to get you, we had just met maybe 7 hours beforehand. haha Sadly you were not in the game long enough for me to forge a strong relationship with and I felt like there could have been great opportunity. I was all on board for seeing Ashanti go which would have TOTALLY changed this narrative of my game so who knows where I would have fallen with an alliance had you had stayed. My rule moving forward with everyone was, if you were willing to talk with me, I was willing to talk with you even if that person had just voted against me. Thus maybe there was a chance we could have gone deep but I didn't know how much you actually trusted me based on that last Skype exchange we had. I honestly voted for Ashanti that time though, the Vote Wikipedia thing will share that! haha You were not on my radar as a threat at all.
1426 days 10 hours ago
Pkpkpkpk
Thanks sagar amd nathan great answers aswell! None of you making my decision an easy one and thats for sure
1426 days 3 hours ago
nathorix

Im going to be honest, Jay, I didn't really get to talk to you enough to even know you. However, I knew from this one alone that you were a massive threat because of how you were able to dictate this vote. Had Ashanti went, I knew that for my game, you were either going to have to leave pretty soon after or late into the merge. I don't think I was even in your final 6. I believe that after that vote, I wouldve tried to build a better bond with you, so I cant say for certain, as things may have changed between us. However, as it stands just after the vote, I believe you were NOT in my gameplan and I would've tried to get you out at the f9, f8, or f7.
1426 days 1 hour ago
jharrin7887
my vote was cast

good luck to all the finalist.
1426 days 1 hour ago
jharrin7887
& congrats on getting to the end
1426 days ago
jungleman111
Hey guys! Congrats on F3!
I want to keep this short. My questions are:

Sagar: Congrats on playing a very dominant game! I definitely admire your overall arc. I am wondering when you felt you had the game in the bag. What was the defining moment in the season where you thought “OK I think I’m going to win this now.” Do you feel you had to rely on challenge wins at the end to make it to FTC?

Ozzy: First of all, I’m so proud of you for making it to the end. I also admire your gameplay. You never lied and your loyalty was perfect to the very end, some serious jury management (except maybe Joe). My question for you is, were there people in this game that you felt would beat you in the end? If yes, what did you do about it?

Nathan: There were multiple times when you made remarks in the game that everyone was annoyed with you/wanted you out. What did you do to stop this from happening? Did you form any true friendships/loyalties with the jury members other than Patrick?
1426 days ago
obscurity
@Tyler Thanks Tyler!

Honestly, I think that the moment at F7 when you flipped and Ashanti was voted out was when I had that moment of clarity and realized that I had very viable path to make it to the end. Obviously Ashanti was a great partner for me in this game, but I'm not dumb and I knew that at a certain point it would be very likely that we would turn on each other because I don't think either of us wanted to be sitting with the other in the F3. My thinking at the time was to make the move the move against Ashanti at F6. If you remember, I was severely downplaying my score in that F6 challenge in the chat that you, me, Ozzy, and Ashanti had. This was partially because I wanted you/Ozzy to think I wasn't going to win the F6 challenge. In the scenario in which one or both of you flipped on me/Ashanti, I wanted to push you in the direction of voting for Ashanti and not me. Based on what you guys were saying that I was most likely going to win the F6 challenge. So if you didn't flip that round, I would have probably used the power of having safety at F6 to make the move myself. You beat me to it though, so full credit to you there. I honestly think that it may have helped me in the long run, though, because my biggest threat in the game left without me getting that blood on my hands, which is kind of a big deal.

At that point, I realized that I was probably winning the F6 challenge and I knew that I had an advantage in terms of finale challenges (now that Ashanti was gone) because those are usually live speed-based challenges, which is my strength. I was able to downplay myself as a challenge threat with Ashanti in the picture, but those of you who know me or have played with me in games before know that I am relatively strong at challenges and I am often taken out much earlier in the merge because of that fact. But I was able to successfully hide it this time.

So honestly, I do think there is a very strong chance that I would have been voted out during finale night without the necklace, but I honestly went into finale night betting on myself and my ability to pull out a clutch win. You weren't there for this, so just to explain: the way JB made the F5 immunity was that we each had to send our vote as our last mail of the 12 mails we sent him for that challenge. If the vote we sent was for the person who ended up winning the challenge, then only those people who voted for the challenge winner could change their vote. And they only had 1 minute to do so.

I actually got Ozzy and Nathan to vote for Jordan as their 12th mail, because they both confirmed that to me. The smarter move for them would have been to vote me and then have the opportunity to change their vote to Jordan with the 1 minute grace period if I had won the challenge. So, in the scenario in which Ozzy beats me in this challenge (we ended up tying), I actually would have survived because Ozzy and Nathan would not have been allowed to change their votes off Jordan.

At F4, I made a promise to Ozzy that I would not under any circumstance vote for him regardless of the immunity challenge result, and he reciprocated that pledge to me. So I think even if I lost the challenge, Ozzy would have voted with me to at least give me a chance at making fire against Patrick.

So what I'm trying to say is that although I did pull out huge wins that may downplay the social/strategic game I was playing, I do think there's an argument to be made that the only necklace I probably really truly needed was the F6 necklace. I honestly believe in my abilities and my strategic acumen enough to tell you that I think I would have survived F5 and F4 (or at least made it to F4 firemaking).
1426 days ago
obscurity
Oh also just to clarify, you're asking me when I had that moment where I thought "Oh I think I'm going to win this now." To be honest, I never fully had that moment and I still haven't because I'm up against two great competitors with good cases that they've made to the jury. I would never presume to have a win in the bag and I've been through enough heartbreaks in group games to know that taking anything for granted is just setting yourself up for disappointment. That being said, I am hopeful that I've made enough arguments to sway some jurors and all I can do is my best. I still feel confident in myself but I would never be confident enough to assume I have this!
1426 days ago
nathorix
Nathan: There were multiple times when you made remarks in the game that everyone was annoyed with you/wanted you out. What did you do to stop this from happening? Did you form any true friendships/loyalties with the jury members other than Patrick?

I really think that there were either bigger threats in front of me, or people who were less trustworthy than me. At the final 8, you could have easily voted me off, but Alex was playing a harder game and was talking to way less people than I was. I made sure to talk to almost everybody to insure I was never going to go home. Eventually, it got to the point where people were voting me, but there was always a bigger threat there. Why did you vote off Ashanti and not me? Because she was a bigger threat, and that did end up being your demise. I really believe I formed a great relationship with Alex. He was my ride or die throughout the game, and I was devastated when he left. I didn't just go to votes and use people for them. The people who I worked with, I tried my hardest to make actual relationships with them, and I really think with Alex I did.
1425 days 23 hours ago
Oswald19
-TYLER-
Ozzy: First of all, I’m so proud of you for making it to the end. I also admire your gameplay. You never lied and your loyalty was perfect to the very end, some serious jury management (except maybe Joe). My question for you is, were there people in this game that you felt would beat you in the end? If yes, what did you do about it?

-OZZY-
Thanks boo boo! I did feel there were people who would beat me in the end certainly, specifically you and Ashanti. For Ashanti, I did want to flip on her before she had flipped on us. I think I remember telling you that someone was going to draw first blood between You/Me and Sagar/Ashanti. haha However, I was thinking about coming to you during the finale to make the move, maybe at Final 5. However, you jumped on that train before me and made a HUGE move! I was so shook and so proud of you all at once. I knew Ashanti did the play of the season with her idol and she as a competition beast so it would be problematic if she went all the way. For you, I honestly really wanted to take you to the finals if I meant I was going to lose. I think you played a fantastic game as well but you got a little too deep into trusting the other side which was your downfall. I think you took out Ashanti just one week too early. When you made that move, I was pretty sure you wouldn't make it all the way and I kind of let you write your own downfall there. At the end of the day, I envisioned us here though at the end together if I meant I lose or won. You were one of the ONLY people in this game I could trust 100% and to me, that meant more to me than anything. I am sorry we couldn't finish this together but I will always look back at this game and remember how wonderful you were to me and how important our duo was in making this game unforgettable.

open group

Cutthroat Challenge: Spies, Lies, Allies

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!