This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

1ST CHALLENGE - FRUITS - Judge's Comments

Topic » 1ST CHALLENGE - FRUITS -..

4265 days 5 hours ago
chocolatejer
Judges Will Post Their Comments & Scores Below
4265 days 4 hours ago
chocolatejer
Octo (octozone) - 16 Points
Hestia (Hestia) - 18 Points
Murphy (mattmon3365) - 16 Points
Kyreece (Kyreece13) - 18 Points
Dan (bigbrother101) - 0 Points
Kai (lanikai) - 18 Points
Riley (ytrewq111) - 0 Points
Jim (sahmosean) - 17 Points

Orange Team Average: 12.9 Points

Nidian (Americus) - 15 Points
Rema (Remajakl) - 16 Points
Nick (NickBrad97) - 17 Points
Emmy (CookieMonsterIsMyBud) - 17 Points
Nolan (mysterygame) - 0 Points
Destiny (pink_princess21) - 15 Points
Jon (smackdownisblue) - 15 Points
Joseph (Josephh) - 18 Points

Green Team Average: 14.1 Points
4265 days ago
Prozach
Octo (octozone) - 17 Points (Solid all around dish)
Hestia (Hestia) - 17 Points (Made fruit star of the dish, somewhat similar to other dishes presented)
Murphy (mattmon3365) - 17 Points (High marks on creativity and originality, low marks for being difficult to actually eat)
Kyreece (Kyreece13) - 18 Points (Only salad with substantial cooking involved, good balance between spicy and fruit)
Dan (bigbrother101) - 0 Points
Kai (lanikai) - 17 Points (A good homestyle dish. Kinda like something you'd serve during the winter holidays)
Riley (ytrewq111) - 0 Points
Jim (sahmosean) - 16 Points (Another dish following the "Protein w/ Salsa" format, but still pretty good)

Orange Team Average: 12.75 Points

Nidian (Americus) - 18 Points (Pepper flakes might take up a bit too much of the attention, but apart from that a very good dish)
Rema (Remajakl) - 13 Points (Another salad, with no real indicator of YOUR fruit influence on the dish. Had that been better shown, you'd likely would have got a better score)
Nick (NickBrad97) - 13 Points (3 Tablespoons of Vinegar drowns out the other flavors [there's as much vinegar as there is yogurt in the dish!]. But at least you made fruit the main focus]
Emmy (CookieMonsterIsMyBud) - 17 Points (A Hawaiian version of the other Protein + Salsa dishes. Still pretty good though)
Nolan (mysterygame) - 0 Points
Destiny (pink_princess21) - 15 Points (You're lucky you caught your Souffle mistake. Not bad, but choosing steak over some other proteins [like the aforementioned chicken and pork chop dishes] seems kinda odd to me)
Jon (smackdownisblue) - 15 Points (You are REALLY pushing it with the "Tomato is a fruit!" thing. But it does look appetizing so I can't knock you too much for that
Joseph (Josephh) - 19 Points (VERY good job here. Definitely the most unique dish, plating is done exceptionally well, and enough emphasis is placed on the sauce that it doesn't get overtaken by the tilapia's presence. Really well done)

Green Team Average: 13.75 Points

Personal note, I don't like to see salads for these competitions. I won't dock anyone for that for this round, but anyone can make a salad. I'd prefer something that would take a little more effort to create
4264 days 20 hours ago
jacksonjoseph99
Octo (octozone) - 18 (It looks good, it's plated well, and it's more original than most other dishes. Nice job!)
Hestia (Hestia) - 16 (I love that you stayed true to your style, and it looks colorful. You did, however, lose points on originality.)
Murphy (mattmon3365) - 17 (HUGE points on originality, but it seems rather tough to eat)
Kyreece (Kyreece13) - 17 (You went above and beyond on the idea of a typical salad, because you added something there.)
Dan (bigbrother101) - 0
Kai (lanikai) - 19 (I love a good home-y dish, and this did the trick. It also adds a sophisticated dash here and there. Would have been 20/20 if it wasn't for your originality.)
Riley (ytrewq111) - 0
Jim (sahmosean) - 15 (Lost points on the originality, but this is probably the best plating of them all)

Orange Team Average: 17 (I'm not counting the zeroes)

Nidian (Americus) - 15 (Pepper flakes overpower dish, and could be more original. Overall, good work)
Rema (Remajakl) - 11 (Don't think I'm being too harsh... but the salad idea was far from original, and it looked very boring)
Nick (NickBrad97) - 12 (WAY too much vinegar, and aside from being wonderfully plated, this is a rather disappointing dish)
Emmy (CookieMonsterIsMyBud) - 16 (Yet ANOTHER protein/salsa dish. You may have added Hawaiian flair, but it really isn't original whatsoever. It did, however, make me want to eat it.)
Nolan (mysterygame) - 0
Destiny (pink_princess21) -  17 (More creative than the other protein/salsa dishes, but go the extra mile next time)
Jon (smackdownisblue) - 14 (Again, doing a salad is an easy way out, and it was an even easier way out for using only one "fruit" item. However, your salad was the most appealing of all of the other salads.)
Joseph (Josephh) - 18 (The tilapia looks excellent, and props to you for actually cooking the dish. Great job!)

Green Team Average: 14.72 (I'm not counting the zeroes)

How I consider the numbers..
18-20: Blew me away, advanced proficient
16-17: Good dishes with some room for improvement, proficient/average
13-15: Disappointing, with more room for improvement than I was expecting, average/mediocre
10-12: Only one or two good-decent attributes, really not a good dish, not good
0-10: Terrible/Didn't perform
4264 days 20 hours ago
chocolatejer
for future reference you only have to take the average to one decimal place
4264 days 20 hours ago
Prozach
Round up or round down?
4264 days 18 hours ago
imprincearthur
how i score of course  i use the scoring chacolatejer told me to usse
but how i consider the numbers i gave

17-20-was the best and best tasting
16-14-was the second best.
13-11-was ok
10-0/Terrible/did not perform
4264 days 17 hours ago
chocolatejer
for example

if it's 12.5 round up
if it's 12.4 round down

open group

MasterChef Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!