This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 12: Elimination Challenge

Topic » Episode 12: Elimination..

2419 days 18 hours ago
nbkiller
LaFierceBrittany2 & Jordonk
RShowFreak & Jman96
Ryan_Jambe & awwsum11
S73100 & doubledarefan01
41 days ago, you were given the task to eliminate your duo before this point, or face the punishment of relying on 1 challenge for safety.

Whether it’s bad timing, or not wanting to eliminate your duo, or something not working out, you eight are here to decide your fate.

You will be competing in this elimination challenge as a pair, and the worst performing duo will be eliminated from the game in 11th/12th place, just short of the jury and individual phase of the game. The other three duos will remain in the game, so make sure to give this your all.

This challenge is called “Bookworms” and here’s how it works….

You have a board of letters to use here:
http://prntscr.com/gmvdu1

Your object is to be able to find the longest possible words that you can find. All words used must be valid on the following website:
http://dictionary.reference.com/

You may go any way you’d like to create words ONLY if the letters are next to each other. You may go up, down, left, right, or diagonal, but you cannot go back and re-use the same letter in a word.

No accented letters are allowed.

The BLUE “?” squares are WILD spaces. You may use any letter here.
The GREEN “?” squares are WILD spaces. You may use any letter here. This space will DOUBLE your score for that word.

The number of letters in each word will be the number of points it is worth. BALL = 4 points for example.

If you have the same word as anyone, NO MATTER WHAT team they are on, BOTH of your words will be taken out of your score. Make sure your words are unique!

The duo that has the LOWEST total score will be eliminated from the challenge.

This challenge is due by 11 PM EST on Wednesday 9/20, 48 hours from now.

NOTE: When you mail me, you MUST let me know what letters you are using for the blue or green “?” squares, or the word will NOT count if I can’t find it with regular letters. Also, preferably, tell me where you started on the chart to make it easier on me!
2419 days 18 hours ago
nbkiller
NOTE: Only the four duos will compete in this challenge.

amf7410, Chris1080, coolexchangestudent, and semajdude, you get to sit this one out and relax!
2419 days 18 hours ago
nbkiller
This is awkward....

I forgot to tell you that you ONLY may send in 10 words. No more, no less. Make sure to get the most value out of each word!

Remember that BOTH duo members must send in 10 words, meaning 20 words per duo.
2419 days 16 hours ago
nbkiller
For those not competing in the elimination challenge, your first merge challenge will begin tomorrow sometime and last until Thursday (no, not endurance, just giving extra time to complete it. After Thursday, we'll be back on schedule for the rest of the season!
2419 days 7 hours ago
semajdude
Ty for hosting nick
This comp seems fun
2417 days 18 hours ago
nbkiller
ELIMINATION CHALLENGE RESULTS!

Let's start with the winners.....
Ryan_Jambe: 16 + 14 + 14 + 14 + 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 8 + 0 = 108
[Wallet repeated]

awwsum11: 20 + 16 + 16 + 14 + 14 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 6 + 5 = 115

TOTAL SCORE: 223

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2nd place.....
LaFierceBrittany2: 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 6 + 5 + 5 = 88

Jordonk: 14 + 14 + 14 + 14 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 = 128

TOTAL SCORE: 216

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 3rd place.......

RShowFreak: 16 + 14 + 14 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 7 = 117

Jman96: 10 + 10 + 10 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 71

TOTAL SCORE: 188
Which means......

4th....

doubledarefan01: 12 + 12 + 12 + 10 + 9 + 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 + 0 = 81
[Wallet repeated]

S73100: 12 + 10 + 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 5 = 71

TOTAL SCORE: 152

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry S73100 and doubledarefan01, but you have finished last in the challenge. Thank you so much for playing, and it was a pleasure for having you, but......

*Stamps VOID on doubledarefan01's check*

*Stamps VOID on S73100's check*

It's time for you to bounce.
2417 days 18 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
Congratulations to everyone that made it to the merge!! Sorry to see you go, Nels and Sam :/
2417 days 18 hours ago
Jordonk
Me carrying britts ass
2417 days 18 hours ago
nbkiller
Well everyone, with that, your Duos of Disaster are no more! Duos have no more part in this game, and we play as individuals for the rest of the game!
2417 days 18 hours ago
Chris1080
Congrats guys
2417 days 18 hours ago
RShowFreak
Grats every1.

Sorry sam and nels.  Good effort.
2417 days 16 hours ago
Ryan_Jambe
Well done y'all. Tough competition.
2416 days 16 hours ago
Jordonk
Sorry I'm not saying grats to s7 and Nels because their gameplay was horrible. Why would you try and get duos out when this challenge was coming up. You guys sucked in all aspects honestly and I don't feel bad.
2416 days 2 hours ago
doubledarefan01
Jordon u suck so much im sorry for you
2415 days 18 hours ago
Jordonk
I almost beat you guys with my score alone gtfo

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!